gogogo golem

Reaction score
Hello. Since the full release of FM13 I've been working on enabling the basque nation and it's finally ready for release. They enter international competition right away and have continental club competition after one season. The file is called Basque nation.dbc.
Once you have this file place it in either:
Windows:
C:\Users\*Insert User Name here*\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2013\editor data
MAC
*Insert Hard Drive name here*\*Insert User Name here*\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2013\Editor Data
The Domestic Structure

Basque Super League:
This division includes fourteen teams that play each other twice. The top four teams qualify for a championship play-off. The bottom side gets relegated and the penultimate side enters a relegation play-out with three teams from the division below.

Basque National First Division:
This division also includes twenty teams that play each other twice. The top team gets automatically promoted and the three teams directly below that enter a promotion play-off with the penultimate team from the division above. The bottom team gets relegated and the three teams directly above of that team enter a relegation play-out with each other.

Basque Promotion League:
This league has sixty one teams split into eight groups of teams that play each other four times. There is no relegation, just promotion. The 1st place side in each group qualifies for the semi-final of a promotion play-off while second and third qualify for the Quarters.

The Cups (NOTE: Still affected by SI bug).

The Basque FA Cup:
This cup has a preliminary round, first round, second round, Group Stage (11 groups of three), Round of sixteen, Quarter-finals, Semi-finals and final. It includes all leagues as well as the academy team.

The Basque League Cup:
This cup has a preliminary round and then five rounds and includes teams from the Basque Super League and National First Division

The Basque Promotion Trophy:
This is a straight knockout round cup of six rounds contains teams from the Basque Promotion League as well as the special team, the Basque National Football Academy (My Creation it's like INF Clairefontaine, they also take part in the Basque FA Cup).

Youth System:

I have replaced the default reserve structure with a custom structure using 'academy' (called B sides in-game) sides, that has a top division and a massive basement division, the ensures all the decent youngsters get competitive football. They also compete in a cup with the Basque NFA and 'schoolboy' teams (more on 'schoolboy teams later). It also has a grassroots system where if you load the nation to the bottom you get 'schoolboy' teams that feed the top teams with extra regens. No player older than 18 can play for these teams and there is one for every Basque settlement of a reasonable size and these players all get competitive game time. Some 'schoolboy' teams feed parent clubs but a few have no parent side and that means there regens are easy to poach.

Screenshots:

View attachment 294129View attachment 294130View attachment 294131View attachment 294132View attachment 294133View attachment 294134

Enjoy!

Download Link:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=7091

Sorry for misleading thumbnails, I don't know how to get rid of them. Thanks to Orrey for helping with improving the database.

Last edited:
I'll be interested to try this when it's done. Good luck with it :)

I'll be interested to try this when it's done. Good luck with it :)
Thanks, at the moment I'm having problems with the cup and regen creation but I can't work out where I'm going wrong. I've asked in the thread over at SI that inspired me so I'm hoping for a response, there isn't an obvious fix for either. Some tinkering with the rep of Spain and the Basque nation might make the regen creation problem bearable.

Last edited:
I'm going to do it I think it's a great idea.

Well done sir!!!!!!!!!!

I dare say there would also be interest in a Catalan database too.

Well done sir!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. Someone over at SI though is doing a Catalan database though so I won't invade his territory. I could create a competition between the Basque nation, France and Spain as an add-on some time it there's enough interest.

Last edited:
Thanks. Someone over at SI though is doing a Catalan database though so I won't invade his territory. I could create a competition between the Basque nation, France and Spain as an add-on some time it there's enough interest.
Yeah good idea.

I've downloaded it and I'm going to use it now!

How in the world did you enable Pays Basque to be a full national team?
On Mac it's actually the same as what you've got for Windows, but instead of "C:" it's whatever the person's hard drive is called.

Well done sir!!!!!!!!!!

I've made a Catalan database, I just expanded Andorra to all Catalunya. I didn't make a separate league though. If someone at SI is working on it I won't upload it.

Last edited:
osasuna is a basque team...."osasuna" is euskara and means healty.......also bayonne is in france but is basque!!!