Tommo43

Met Pixie Lott <3
Reaction score
Background Info

Athletic Bilboa are one of the only teams in the world that restrict there club from buying players outside the local area. In this case that area being the Basque area. The other well know club that does this is C.D. Guadalajara Aka Chivas from the Mexican 1st division. The most notable players from the Basque area is Mikel Arteta, Xabi Alonso and Raul Garcia. Although Bilboa do this they are one of only three teams to never being relegated. The other two are obviously Barcelona and Real Madrid.

I Have been given a budget of around £9million and will be buying youngsters to move up the ranks along with selling the players who are no longer in there prime. I will need to make as much impact as i can with my scouts to find all the young talent.

Star Players

Andoni Iraola

Fernando Llorente

Javi Martinez

Bilbao Announce Key Signing

It has been announced Athletic Bilbao manager managed to get his most desired player for a cheap price of £2.6Million. After rejecting many clubs Raul Garcia has completed his move to Bilbao.

Bilbao Manager Tommie Redgrave had this to say.
I am so glad that we have been able to manage to get Garcia. He is one of the best baque players around at the moment. Raul will feature staright away in the first team along side fellow centre midfielder Javi Martinez. Both our centre midfielders are now on the young side with Garcia being the oldest at 22. Because of this they still have many years to improve.

Garcia was also quoted saying
I am so glad to have joined Bilboa. I was lacking first team oppertunities at Athletico Madrid and was put on the market. I had many clubs putting bids in for me but in the end it was no tough choice. I admire the basque rule the club has and and glad to join a team with players from the same area as me.

Beat me to this!!!! Gonna follow Basque all the way

Lol sorry and thanks for following

ill follow, not seen a atletico story

Yeah i have only seen one and it was on a different site and i like there rule so i decided to start one

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------[/COLOR]

Bilboa To Play Legia

Athletic Bilboa have been drawn against Legia Warszawa in the Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round. Legia's most notable game to English football fans would be the 11 goal thriller against Arsenal where they lost 6-5. The furthest Legia have reached in Europe is the Semi's where they lost 4-2 on Aggreate to Man United. Although Bilboa are expected to ease past this Polish team. Manager Tommie Redgrave has said "You can never expect any easy games in Europe"​

Last edited:
Good luck with the story mate, what was your transfer budget?

Good luck with the story mate, what was your transfer budget?

£6.56Million mate

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round

Legia 1 - 1 Athletic Bilboa
Iker Muniain (12th Min)
Thomas Owczarek (43rd Min)

Athletic where the totally dominant team in this Europa League Qualifier. Raul Garcia smashed a 30 yard shot early on in the game which smashed against the cross bar and fell to a offside Llorente. Bilboa finally went ahead on 12 minutes when a long ball from Gabilondo done a great through ball which went to 16 year old Muniain which he placed in the bottom corner. Legia equalized on 43 minutes after a they swung in there corner. Muniain put Bilboa back infront but was deemed offside by the officials.

Athletic Bilboa 2 - 1 Legia (3-2 Agg)
Fernando Llorente 84th Min
Miroslaw Engle 89th Min
Javi Martinez 110th Min
View attachment 98970
Martinez Scoring His Goal

People would have been mistaken watching the first few mins anf thought the would be a great game to watch. although Llorente got the first shot in after 1 minute the game started poor for both teams with the next real oppertunity falling to Muniein after Llorentes pass on 25 Mins. Llorente came close after a long shot on 45mins and Muniein hitting the post on the 50th minute. Shortly after coming on Galan come aggonisingly close. It had seemed that Bilboa were going for the draw or that they had not had enough pre-season parctice as they only played 2 friendlys before today but Llorente went on a great rund and scored in the 84th Minute. It looked like it was other but Legia caught us on the break in the 89th min and Engel scored. In extra time we really went for the win as we dident want penaltys and had a few shots. Javi Martinez finally maded it 2-1 for us with a great shot which the keeper had no chance. Things died down in this game and eventually finished

Europa 4th Qualafying Round Draw

Athletic Bilboa V Hearts

Athletic Bilboa have got a draw they probably dident want. There where plenty of other teams Bilboa would have wanted such as FC Sion from Switzerland who face Sparta Prague and Danish Team Randers FC who face Liverpool. The first game will be at home on 20th August and the second will be at Tynecastle Stadium, Scotland on the 27th August. Bilboa will be hoping they have a fully fit team to face this tough Scottish team. There is one bonus and that is if Bilboa qualify there will be one less tough team for them to face in the group stage or further on.​

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------[/COLOR]

Spanish Super Cup Leg 1

Athletic Bilbaow 1 - 2 Barcelona
Messi 25th, 35th
Llorente 45th+1

Messi and his team mates celebrating Barcelona's second goal​

The games scoreline should have been alot higher for both teams. Neither team completed any real opportunitys and this includes Zlatan Imbrahimovic who was really poor in todays game. Bilbao had the 1st real effort with Yeste but Valdes made a good save to get down low. Zlatan had a long shot in the 25th Minute where Bilbao keeper Gorka Iraizoz made a top notch save but Messi put in the rebound. It was a pretty even game after Messi's goal with both teams not looking like there going to make a break until Messis collected the ball on the half way line and out speed the Bilbao and to place the ball low in the corner in the 35th Minute. 45th Minute Raul Garcia collected the ball and made a brilliant assist with his through ball to Llorente who scored. Both teams seemed to sit back again in the second half and no real chances for any teams.​

Redgraves MotM: Gorka Iraizoz
Redgraves Weakest Player: Zlatan Ibrahimovic​

Next Match: Athletic Bilbao V Hearts​

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------[/COLOR]

Europa League 4th Qualifying Round Leg 1

Athletic Bolbao 3 - 0 Hearts
Javi Martinez Pen 41st Min
Muniain 53rd Min
Galan 64th Min

Bilbao celebrating a great 3-0 Win against Hearts​

The first real action started on the 9th minute when Martinez plays in Muniein who shots but the keeper scores. Hearts then had a great oppertunity when Nade done a great turn to then shoot but the shot was held by Iraizoz. Llonrente put in a swinging cross which Javi Martinez heads but hits the bar. Bouzide fouls Llorente in the box giving Bilbao a penalty which Martinez smashes in the top right corner making it 1-0 in the 41st Min. Galan made a quick break in the 55th Minute and shoots which the keeper parried and fell to Muniein who slots it into a open goal. Raul Garcia then played a great ball which allowed Galan to break again but this time he scored.​

MotM: Muniain (Bilbao)
Weakest: Ismael Bouzid (Hearts)

Next Match: Barcelona V Athletic Bilboa (Spanish Super Cup Leg 2)​

best of luck with this.

did anyone else spot big john suttons last minute penalty

Best of luck mate,never seen an Athletic Story on here and never knew about this rule of theirs either

best of luck with this.

did anyone else spot big john suttons last minute penalty

Cheers mate and i dident spot it and i was watching lol

Best of luck mate,never seen an Athletic Story on here and never knew about this rule of theirs either

Thanks. I think the rule is a reason why many people dont play with them or have done storys. But i find it enjoyable and a challange

Bilboa Announce New Sponsor

Bilboa can announce today that they have announced a deal for Mountain Dew to sponsor all three of there shirts. The deal will take over current Sponsor Petronor. Athletic Bilboa will now generate around 7.5Million per year on sponsorship rather then there current 2.5Million. There new kits are:
Home
bilbao.png

Away
bilbao2.png

Third
scaled.php

Thanks to Luke Phillips For The Kits​

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Spanish Super Cup Leg 2

Barcelona 0 - 2 Athletic Bilbao (2-3 On Agg)
David Lopez 4th Min
Igor Gabilondo 7th Min

Celebrating Win Aginst Barcelona

Both our wingers caught Barcelona sleeping at the back early on and struck to powerful shots to get an early two goal advantage and 1 goal advantage on aggreate. Bilbao then sat back on this 2-0 lead to win the Spanish Super Cup. Many people belived Barcelona would win the cup yet again but Bilbao have managed to prove there ready for the league with this win.​

why are home and away adidas but the third is made by nike? :S
and is the rule actually enforced on fm?

anyway, looks good mate! will check back from time to time...

why are home and away adidas but the third is made by nike? :S
and is the rule actually enforced on fm?

anyway, looks good mate! will check back from time to time...

I dont know thats just how Luke created them. And yeah it is, if u try and put a bid in for non-basque players its comes up saying something like "you are only allowed to sign players from the basque areas."

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

nice kits and great result against Barcelona

good start and ill be folowing

Cheers Guys :D

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Europa League 4th Qualifying Round

Hearts 3 - 2 Athletic Bilbao (3-5 On Agg)
Iker Muniain 3rd Min

Kevin Kyle 8th Min
Javi Martinez 24th Min
Kevin Kyle 30th Min
Jamie Mole 72nd Min

Muniain making a run

The game started at a very quick pace with Llorente crossing to Muniain who scored a great header after 3 mins. The next action was when Nade made a long shot which was blocked and the ball rolled to Kyle who calmly slotted it in. Martinez then attempted one of his wonder strikes in the 23rd minute which again went in top corner. 6 Mins later Barr swung in a beautiful ball which Kyle rose above the Bilbao defence to score. Goal scorer then turned into maker when Kyle caught Bilbao on the counter and made a great ball for Mole to finish.

MotM: Kevin Kyle (Hearts)
Weakest Player: Ustaritz (Bilbao)

Next Match: Barcelona V Athletic Bilbao ( Again :O) - Liga BBVA

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Bilbao Handed Tough Group

Bilboa have been handed a Europa League group consisting of Liverpool, Athletic Bilbao, Dinamo Bucharest & Amkar. Bilbao will have to get all 6 points from Amkar and use home advantage against Liverpool and Dinamo to qualify from this group. Athletic Bilbao manager was quated saying "I wanted to make it out of the groups before this compertition began and i still feel we have a chance. I have a key signing on the way who will be the difference between winning and losing."

see your sponsor see when i was blackpool they were giving out free bottles of Juice..... it does taste like pish tho :D

see your sponsor see when i was blackpool they were giving out free bottles of Juice..... it does taste like pish tho :D

:O Mountain Dew is great

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Pre-Season

Athletic Bilbao 2 - 0 Bilbao Ath
Llorente (2)

Gernika 1 - 4 Athletic Bilbao
De Marcos, llorente, Muniain, Velez

Zalla 0 - 4 Athletic Bilbao
Aitor Ocio, Llorente (2), Aketxe

Portugalete 1 - 3 Athletic Bilbao
Muniain, Llorente, Raul Garcia

Zamudio 0 - 2 Athletic Bilbao
Ustaritz, Muniain

Transfers In