Sorry, I was expecting to have more time during the holidays, but instead I almost have no time at all (and maybe I also may have been playing other games). Tomorrow I'll wake up early and post updates as if there's no tomorrow, so be prepared.

Sorry, I was expecting to have more time during the holidays, but instead I almost have no time at all (and maybe I also may have been playing other games). Tomorrow I'll wake up early and post updates as if there's no tomorrow, so be prepared.

Surely you should be spending christmas with your family, not on Football Manager :D

Awww I forgot about the holiday , You should really spend more time with your family ... just was confused why u stop updating without an update saying your stopping the update (I confused myself).. HF and merry christmas to everyone

kqny.png

Season 10: 2022-2023
World Cup, part 2

24 June 2022,
After 14 days and 48 matches played, only 16 teams can go through to the second round of the World Cup. Here are the results of the group stage.

View attachment 440460Colombia and the Czech Republic will go through to the second round. 3 goals of Ryan Kimbrell in 3 games weren't enough for the USA to go through. Qatar, hosts for the 2022 World Cup, hardly had any chance and only managed to get one draw.

View attachment 440459Italy, with Adam Lavas scoring 1 goal, didn't have any trouble in the group stage. Ivory Coast came as strong second place in the group. Croatia and Japan can go home again after not winning a single game.

View attachment 440458South Africa was unexpectedly unbeaten in this group. Brazil was expected to do better but still managed to hold on to a second place. Germany was one of the outsiders to win this World Cup, but they drew all of their games and are already out. Iran hardly had any chance in this group.

View attachment 440457Argentina was expected to do well in this group, and they did. DR Congo came in an unexpected second place in the group by beating Ukraine, who can pack their bags. Australia had a World Cup to forget after losing all of their games. Michael McCabe scored 1 of the only two goals they scored.

View attachment 440456Serbia, with Nemanja Markovic scoring 2 goals, go through to the second round together with Belgium. China still managed to get two draws in a tough group. Chile were expected to do better but disappointed this World Cup.

View attachment 440455Mexico came in first place in this group, partly thanks to 1 goal of Ricardo Peraza. Spain only won one of their games but were still lucky to go through to the second round. Tunisia and Russia are both out of the World Cup.

View attachment 440454France didn't have any trouble qualifying for the second round and won all of their games. Denmark also did well, thanks to 3 goals of Demba Bastholm against Ghana. Trinidad & Tobago didn't score a single goal in their games and can go home again.

View attachment 440453Saudi Arabia stunned everyone around the world by winning all of their group matches. England managed to get second, where Michael Harris scored 2 goals. Holland were expected to at least make it to the second round but are already out. Paraguay disappointed and lost all of their games.

View attachment 440447Kamel Msakni is in first for most goals right now with 4 goals, but won't have the opportunity to score any more because Tunisia is already out of the World Cup. Bader Al-Mualid of Saudi Arabia, central defender at Olympique Lyon, performed best up till now with an average rating of 8,25 out of two games. Dominic Oduro of Ghana, Igor Kouame of Ivory Coast, and Danilo Pantic of Serbia are all three in first for most assists. Dominic Oduro is likely to be quickly overtaken though, since Ghana didn't qualify for the second round.

The 16 teams that are left don't have much time to relax as the second round is already around the corner. Below is the draw for the second round of the World Cup.
View attachment 440446There are some nice games to look out for. Fierce rivals Argentina and Brazil will battle for a spot in the quarter finals. There's also no doubt that the rivalry between England and France will play a role in their game against each other.

28 June 2022,
Four days later, and only 8 teams are left in the race to win the World Cup. Lets have a look at the results and the draw for the quarter finals.
View attachment 440442Ivory Coast are impressing this World Cup and had a big win over Colombia. Will they be able to continue their form in the quarter final against Argentina?

Argentina beat their rival Brazil because of a late penalty. They will meet Ivory Coast in the quarter final.

Mexico goes through to the quarter final by beating Belgium. Ricardo Peraza scored the winning goal for Mexico in the 84th minute.

France did well against England and qualified for the quarter final with relative ease. They will meet in-form Mexico in the next round.

Italy beat the Czech Republic by penalties after an exciting match. Thanks to the goal of Daniele Del Conte in the 116th minute the two teams went on to penalties in which the Czech Republic missed all of their penalties.

South Africa had a tough time against DR Congo but managed to win after extra time. They are now preparing for their game in the quarter final against Italy.

Spain didn't have much trouble beating Serbia. Spain had already scored three goals, and Serbia's goal in the 90th minute was certainly to late to turn the tide.

Denmark put Saudi Arabia back to earth with a big win. After 2 goals of Demba Bastholm and 1 goal of Henrik Poulsen in the first half the match was already decided. They will meet the strong squad of Spain in the quarter final.

Who will make it to the Semi Finals? Find out next time! (tomorrow)

Question of the day:
Last time I asked you the value of Lionel Messi after 9 years. I think FMrize was the closest with his guess of 1,3m pounds. Well, here's the answer:
View attachment 440417
After the group stage of this world cup, the manager of one of the countries got fired because of the bad results. Which country's manager got fired?

3 goals in 3 games but knocked out of the group stage. Would have liked to see how I could have done with more games. Keep up the great work RTvD! This is fantastic to follow. Could you post a screenshot of Dan Crowley please?

Name:Billy Bryant
Date of Birth(day/month): 17/03
City of Birth: Slough
Nation: England
Languages(max.3): English
Height(centimetres): 185
Weight(kilograms):75

Best mental attributes(2)(no determination): Composure and Off The Ball
Best physical attributes(2)(no natural fitness): Pace and Strength
Best technical attributes(2): Finishing and First Touch
Strongest foot(right/left): Right
Preferred moves(max.2): Places Shots, Avoids Using Weaker Foot
Order from high to low(ambition,loyalty,professionalism):Loyalty, Professionalism and Ambition

Favoured clubs(max.2): Man Utd, West Ham
Disliked clubs(max.2): Man City

I scored a world cup goal! Also, being how terrible Australia's performance was, I'm guessing it was us who sacked our manager.

That's crazy lol. Great work mate great work! I'd say German manager got the boot.

Since Germany & Holland are taken i'm going to say the Russian manager got sacked.

Well i was also close with the wages ;))
Chile's head coach got sacked in my opinion (A group they should qualify from and a very bad GD -5 .. )

kqny.png

Season 10: 2022-2023
World Cup, part 3

2 July 2022,
It is now 22 days after the start of the World Cup. Of the 32 countries that competed, only 4 are left now. These are the results of the Quarter Final.

View attachment 439304
Ivory Coast
shocked the world by beating Argentina in the Quarter Final. Ivory Coast had an early 2-0 lead and Messi's 2-1 goal in the 94th minute was to late to turn things around for Argentina.

France beat Mexico on penalties after a 1-1 draw after extra time. France had an early 0-1 lead, but Mexico's Ricardo Peraza equalized in the second half. In the 30 minutes of extra time both teams weren't able to score but one miss of Mexico in the penalty shoot-out was enough for France to win.

Italy is the third Semi-Finalist after beating South Africa by 2-1. Italy's Adam Lavas scored the first goal of the game after only 2 minutes of playing, but South Africa managed to equalize just a few minutes later. Italy scored the 2-1 late in the second half and South Africa wasn't able to make a comeback.

Denmark is the final team to go to the Semi Finals after an incredible 0-1 win over Spain. Spain had nothing to tell in this match as Denmark created chance after chance. Demba Bastholm scored the only goal of the game in the 23rd minute, which was enough for Denmark to make it to the Semi-Finals.

View attachment 439273
6 July 2022,
Ivory Coast vs France, and Italy vs Denmark. Who will fight out the final battle for the World Cup trophy, and who will be challenging for 3rd place.

View attachment 439271
France is the first finalist of this World Cup after a 1-4 win over Ivory Coast. France didn't have a lot trouble to push Ivory Coast aside and now has the opportunity to win its second World Cup in history.

Italy beat Denmark after a 0-0 draw and a penalty shoot-out. It wasn't the most entertaining match to watch as both teams had trouble creating chances. Italy has already won four World Cups, and can become the second country in history to win five World Cups.

9 July 2022
One day before the final, Denmark and Ivory Coast play for the 3rd place of this World Cup. Both team weren't expected to even reach this stage of the World Cup, so they can look back proudly.

View attachment 439252View attachment 439254
Ivory Coast opened the score in the 35th minute. It looked like that would also be the only goal of the game, but in the very last 91st minute Demba Bastholm scored the equalizer and the teams went to extra time. In the extra time Ivory Coast again took the lead in the 94th minute. But 6 minutes later Denmark again equalized, this time it was Henrik Poulsen who brought Denmark back into the game. The score was 2-2 after extra time and the teams went to a penalty shoot-out. It was a shoot-out to remember as both teams kept scoring. It was Denmark's goalkeeper who missed his penalty, and Ivory Coast won the game.
4th Place: Denmark
3rd Place: Ivory Coast

10 July 2022, The Final

View attachment 439250
France:
World Cups: 1 (1998)
World Ranking: 4th

Italy:
World Cups: 4 (1934, 1938, 1982, 2006)
World Ranking: 2nd

Previous encounters:
World Cup 2006 Final: Italy p1-1 France
European Championship 2008 Group Stage: Italy 2-0 France
World Cup 2018 Quarter Final: Italy 2-1 France
European Championship 2020 Quarter Final: France 0-1 Italy

View attachment 439249
Welcome to the Khalifa International Stadium, from where 68.030 people will be watching the World Cup Final of 2022 between France and Italy. Will it be a repetition of the 2006 World Cup Final, or will France have its revenge this year? Here are the starting lineups of the two teams.

View attachment 439240
France manager Didier Deschamps has chosen for players with more experience, with a starting lineup that has an average age of 29. Captain Hugo Lloris is the oldest and the most experienced player of the squad. He is now 35 years old an has 134 caps for his country.

Italy manager Antonio Conte has decided to also bring less experienced players to the World Cup, with a starting lineup with an average age of 26. Italy captain and most experienced player (97 caps) Alessandro Florenzi starts on the bench though.

The Final

View attachment 439226View attachment 439225
Both teams had trouble creating chances because of the quite defensive formations, so most of the match was played on the midfield. But two quick goals from France in the 38th and 40th minute decided the game. Italy wasn't able to do anything back to their opponent in the second half, and after 90 minutes of playing France won the game and could lift the World Cup trophy again after 24 years!
2nd place: Italy
1st place: France

Awards

Best Goalkeeper:
Hugo Lloris (france) - 7 apps, 2 conceded, 5 clean sheets
Best Player:
Igor Kouame (ivory coast) - 7 apps, 4 goals, 5 assists
Golden Boot:
Demba Bastholm (denmark) - 7 apps, 7 goals, 2 assists
Dream team:

View attachment 439221

Question of the day:
last time I asked you which country's manager got fired. Murley got it right, after 3 draws in the group stage Joachim Low got fired at Germany.

This is the World Cup Dream Team of 2014 (click for bigger image). Who of these players are still playing today?
View attachment 439214
Hopefully from 2 January I can post an update per day again. Happy new year everyone!