Votes: 36 40.4%
  • Kinda

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Doesn't effect me either way.

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters
who knows i suppose you have to have your own sighting of it to belive unlike most haunted and all that ****.

did anyone see ghosthunting with katie and alex, that was sooooo funny lol

but i seriously do believe in ghosts, the one called casper is sooo scary

but 24000 creatures?! pretty sure there have been more than that since the Earth began...

Scientists believe they have only identified 10% of species living on our planet -- that's crazy when you think about it really.

On another note, I read somewhere a few years back that some scientists think poltergeist activity is actually caused by humans. Apparently, according to them, it is the product of mass excess brain energy (most usually present in young girls) that causes the ghostly disturbances. This sounds like fantasy stuff, but when you consider how little we still know about the brain and its capabilities and how much we can achieve with 'normal' brain usage, then it's not as far-fetched as first thought. They were doing tests on this, but I haven't heard of any results etc... as yet.

Funniest thing I've seen IN MY LIFE, was Girls Aloud ghost hunting thing...I've never laughed so much in my life.My Dad worked there just before Girls Aloud appeared for their show, he said that a lot of it was set up, but he apparently seen a ghost while working there a few weeks before this

Funniest thing I've seen IN MY LIFE, was Girls Aloud ghost hunting thing...I've never laughed so much in my life.My Dad worked there just before Girls Aloud appeared for their show, he said that a lot of it was set up, but he apparently seen a ghost while working there a few weeks before this

"if anyone is there bang on the fuking table"

bang!

they all leg it lmao!

2:30 hahaha Cheryl you *****!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShpZ9lYkpcc"]YouTube- Ghost Hunting With Girls Aloud - THE BEST BITS (HIGHLIGHTS)[/ame]

Last edited:
Scientists believe they have only identified 10% of species living on our planet -- that's crazy when you think about it really.

On another note, I read somewhere a few years back that some scientists think poltergeist activity is actually caused by humans. Apparently, according to them, it is the product of mass excess brain energy (most usually present in young girls) that causes the ghostly disturbances. This sounds like fantasy stuff, but when you consider how little we still know about the brain and its capabilities and how much we can achieve with 'normal' brain usage, then it's not as far-fetched as first thought. They were doing tests on this, but I haven't heard of any results etc... as yet.

that is really crazy. then if that's true think of all the species of animals that are extinct or were around before humans were. scary stuff!

haha great video swfc 1234, i wud like the video but for some reason my like button has disappeared :S

that is really crazy. then if that's true think of all the species of animals that are extinct or were around before humans were. scary stuff!

haha great video swfc 1234, i wud like the video but for some reason my like button has disappeared :S

yehh it is lmao and my like button disapeared couple mins ago aswell lol.

If it's Scientists who believe that I'd like a link to the studies. But I'm guessing it's more likely pseudo-scientists.

I can't see the videos right at the moment but may be later I can find enough time to go for this video.

Very good article from Cracked.com here about it -

In order to understand the science we need to head back to the late 1950's. While working in his robotics laboratory Vladimir Gavreau noticed that one of his assistants was bleeding from the ears, despite the absence of rebelling robots choking him.

Puzzled, Gavreau started researching the phenomenon by holding vibrating pipes next to clueless assistants. We'll never know what excuse he used when they turned around and asked him why their ears were bleeding, but one way or another Gavreau soon realized that a vibrating pipe of the right length and girth can cause a number of unpleasant effects ranging from mild irritation to serious pain.

Above: the cause of all human suffering.

What he had discovered, aside from an awesome new way to torture interns, was infrasound. It's noise at a low enough frequency that you don't consciously hear it, but your ears still sense it. The process of receiving sensory input without your conscious mind understanding where it's coming from wreaks havoc with your emotions. Specifically, researchers found that sounds between 7 and 19 Hz it could induce fear, dread or panic.

Knowing this is an article about ghosts, you can already see where this is going.

Bullshit.

They did an experiment where acoustic scientists sneaked in low frequency sounds at a live concert. Since scientists love nothing more than inducing feelings of fear and terror in unsuspecting citizens, most of the concert goers had no idea what was going on. As a result one minute they were enjoying some sweet tunes while the next a feeling of dread invaded their hearts, crushing all hope and happiness. At the end of the experiment approximately 22 percent of the people involved in the experiment reported feelings of unexplainable dread, chills and depression when infrasound was blasted into the crowd.

Why would it have this effect? It may be evolution. It doesn't take a mad scientist mind control device to create infrasound -- mother nature is creating this type of low frequency vibration all the time. Volcanos, earthquakes, strong ocean waves and even winds hitting the hillside in just the right spot can create infrasound. Even animals can create it, and tigers are particularly well known as a source. The frequency of a tiger's roar is around 18Hz -- right in that range we mentioned earlier.

All of the things that create the sound are huge, powerful and dangerous. Evolution might have taught us that this sound means Bad News.

Nature's way of saying "**** your pants!"

So now we have a phenomenon that occurs in nature, is invisible, is imperceptible on a conscious level, but can spontaneously make you feel irrational fear, even if you're sitting in an empty room. Notice how we've just described one of the first and primary signs of a "haunting" -- unexplained feelings of fear or dread.

OK, but what about actual sightings of ghosts?

In the engineering building where Tandy worked, cleaning staff as well as fellow researchers complained of feeling dread, depression and a strange feeling that someone was watching them. But what made the situation really worthy of a Scooby-Do episode was the fact that every so often the staff would see dark figures out of the corners of their eyes.

You can get the same sensation by going four days without sleep.

Now we're talking.

After one particularly strange experience when a gray shape sat next to his desk for several minutes, Vic Tandy was determined to figure out what the **** was going on. Being a man of science, he was going to skip the part where he had an exorcist come and bless the facility.

After eliminating gas poisoning and rogue equipment, Vic realized that the ghostly apparitions seemed to almost always occur in a certain section of the lab. He also realized that if he put a metal sheet in a vice, it would spontaneously vibrate uncontrollably for no apparent reason. Poltergeist, right?

No. Just infrasound.

Specifically, a "silent" exhaust fan was sending out low frequency vibrations that bounced back and forth on the lab's walls until they formed a powerful wave at... 18.9Hz. Right at the top of the panic range.

And, according to a NASA study, it was powerful enough to resonate with the average human eyeball, causing "smeared" vision. This is a phenomenon where the eye vibrates just enough to register something static -- say, the frame of your glasses or a speck of dust -- as large, moving shapes.

Predictably enough, once the vibrating fan was removed, the strange apparitions and feelings of fear disappeared.

Convinced that he had stumbled onto something, Vic Tandy went on to test this explanation for ghostly apparitions in the cellar of a nearby "haunted" abbey. According to the locals, as soon as someone would step into the cellar they would freeze up, see strange gray ghosts and have to leave because of nausea. Vic discovered that the shape of the cellar, the hallway leading to it as well as nearby factories all contributed in making the haunted cellar a perfect resonating chamber. The vibrations created were exactly 18.9Hz and were most powerful at the threshold of the cellar, where most people became sick and terrified.

Could it be? All of these hauntings, all of this folklore, all of it caused by something so, so stupid?

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_1882...-behind-ghost-sightings_p2.html#ixzz1CTFXY8fX

Apparently my Mum, Gran, Grandad and Uncle seen a ghost back in the 70's. According to Gran it was of my Mum's cousin who was found dead in a field. Gran wont speak about it but Mum's told me lots about it.

Always found my Gran's house creepy before I was told about this "ghost". Now I walk through the hallway with all my hairs on end. Really scares the **** out of you :S

I do believe in ghosts, although until now, I've never been haunted or even possessed (thanks God for that (A))

I define ghost as genie/satan who visualize themselves to human, they can't touch or hurt us (because they are in different dimension), but can possess us (because we have soul within us, which is in the same dimension as them)

sounds not scientific?
yes, it's not.
but not everything in this world can be explained scientifically, IMO.

No evidence for ghosts, never seen one, and as some previous posters said I would still be sceptical even if I seen one as a more logical expalination is always more likely.

No evidence for ghosts, never seen one, and as some previous posters said I would still be sceptical even if I seen one as a more logical expalination is always more likely.

Well there is supposed evidence...Whether it's real or not is another issue.

i believe in them cos ive seen some really strange ****

I'm an open minded skeptic. I watched Most Haunted from the beginning good entainment, in the beginning it was little tap then lots of screams running away. Only unitil series 5 or something that they tried to explain everything from science point of view which made it better in a way bit more of an investigation but it was still was classed as entainment show in my books and it was too much dramtics which just defied the point it was suppose to be an investigation so were was all the scientist and psychologist doing experiments. I think a good psychologist saying " Okay dont know what noise was I thought of everything trying recreating it and will look at that in more detail." Not a cameraman going "Ahh what was that noise im scarred im going now"

just recorded this in my room

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYx5hfjWwXY"]YouTube - Ghost dancing on wall[/ame]

another one "do you belive in " Thread. God ****.
I only belive in Sir Alex Ferguson's half time team talks :)

Last edited:
Back