Benitez admits Liverpool mistakes

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 3K
torres also said they needed more signings which is pointing a finger at rafa surely.

Who gives a **** if they're british!? Roy Hodgson i would love to see here.I truly would IMO. And the person above who mentioned Keane, Keane was the owners buy, Rafa didn't want him here.

torres also said they needed more signings which is pointing a finger at rafa surely.

No, it isn't, it is pointing a finger at the owners. He never criticized Rafa once in his statement, we do need more signings, that is plain to see.

Not really? Rafa can't really buy players unless the owners give him money. So it's more aimed at the Yanks!

Who gives a **** if they're british!? Roy Hodgson i would love to see here.I truly would IMO. And the person above who mentioned Keane, Keane was the owners buy, Rafa didn't want him here.

A manager of Hodgson's reputation could hardly keep all the high profile players at the club here. I mean Torres would definately not stay if Hodgson was brought in for Rafa, you could also say the same for Mascherano and Reina.

So he made all his mistakes a year into his job? :/

He quite clearly doesn't know what he's talking about because he won us the European cup in his first year. :/

I don't think he should get sacked. We're having a bad year, it happens to everyone. This time last year we were trailing united by 2 or 3 points. I say give him until Christmas. This way we can see if the season has started well and if it hasn't then leave.

---------- Post added at 04:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 AM ----------

Not a bad thing, two of the top british managers in the premier league.

I would definitley have Martin O'neil on board.

Decent managers I'll give them that, both done fantastic jobs at their respective clubs but I hardly think they'll do a good job at Liverpool, I'd prefer to keep Rafa tbh.

really ? if I were a Liverpool Fan I would prefair no manager than Rafa, at least random subs that wont effect the game will stop.
Anyone noticed that often this season, Liverpool have been chasing the game, and he makes a random like swap, like brings off Insua, or Doessena, or Aurillio for Lucas, normally he just makes a straight swap.

A manager of Hodgson's reputation could hardly keep all the high profile players at the club here. I mean Torres would definately not stay if Hodgson was brought in for Rafa, you could also say the same for Mascherano and Reina.

When Rafa came he was a no-body. Hodgson has been around for years managing internationally, and in Italy.

really ? if I were a Liverpool Fan I would prefair no manager than Rafa, at least random subs that wont effect the game will stop.
Anyone noticed that often this season, Liverpool have been chasing the game, and he makes a random like swap, like brings off Insua, or Doessena, or Aurillio for Lucas, normally he just makes a straight swap.

Dossena played about one before he was sold...Plus,you spelt half the names wrong :p

Well that for one would be a good decision as its a midfield for a defender. This way he'll be letting Gerrard push up further..

I understand Rafa's subs, but some are completely questionable at times..

When Rafa came he was a no-body. Hodgson has been around for years managing internationally, and in Italy.

That post just sums you up entirely. Rafa was far from a nobody, maybe to ignorant ***** who don't understand anything about football. But to those who actually take some sort of interest he was (and still is) in the top tier of managers.

Well that for one would be a good decision as its a midfield for a defender. This way he'll be letting Gerrard push up further..

I understand Rafa's subs, but some are completely questionable at times..

bringing Aurellio on for Insua is not really the sub you would make when chasing the game, Aurellio just replaced him as left back, not when Aqualliani and Babel were on the bench (fair enough he did eventually bring Babel on but too late in the game)

Hodgson would be a fantastic manager for Liverpool imo. He knows how to bring the best out in players (Zamora) and he's used to working on a shoestring.
Whoever said our star players would leave if he became manager is an idiot. He's probably one of the most well respected managers in the world. He's been successfull wherever he's been and would do a great job for us.

That post just sums you up entirely. Rafa was far from a nobody, maybe to ignorant ***** who don't understand anything about football. But to those who actually take some sort of interest he was (and still is) in the top tier of managers.

Jesus man,calm the **** down.I can voice my opinion can't i?

When Rafa came he was a no-body.

Oh, I thought he was the man who had success with Tenerife and then moved to Valencia where he won the league from a Real Madrid team with players like Zidane, Roberto Carlos, Makelele, Ronaldo and Raul at his peak :S

Hodgson would be a fantastic manager for Liverpool imo. He knows how to bring the best out in players (Zamora) and he's used to working on a shoestring.
Whoever said our star players would leave if he became manager is an idiot. He's probably one of the most well respected managers in the world. He's been successfull wherever he's been and would do a great job for us.

I'm an idiot? I am not saying he is not a good manager but Hodgson had certainly not been successful wherever he has been. He finished bottom of the league with Blackburn after spending a lot of money there. This was back in the 90's when they had a good side as-well. Do you really think players of Torres' stature would want some English guy who has just finished mid-table with Fulham to come in?

really ? if I were a Liverpool Fan I would prefair no manager than Rafa

But your an Everton fan.

Last edited:
bringing Aurellio on for Insua is not really the sub you would make when chasing the game, Aurellio just replaced him as left back, not when Aqualliani and Babel were on the bench (fair enough he did eventually bring Babel on but too late in the game)

Firstly thats not what the original post implied, as it said 4 different defender names for a midfielder to come on.

Secondly Aurellio is far more attackive than Insua, and I would have him on instead if we were chasing a game. Secondly, Babel is a terrible player. We throw him on late because thats when he plays best, late on.

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 AM ----------

Lee said:
Jesus man,calm the **** down.I can voice my opinion can't i?

He's got a point though..

Even look at your profile. It says your supporting "the worst team in liverpool... liverpool". Why on earth would you say that when we've got further than Everton have in the Europa League, we're higher above them in the League and our history must be 20 times better than theres is?

Wouldn't surprise me if you were an undercover bitter..

Firstly thats not what the original post implied, as it said 4 different defender names for a midfielder to come on.

Secondly Aurellio is far more attackive than Insua, and I would have him on instead if we were chasing a game. Secondly, Babel is a terrible player. We throw him on late because thats when he plays best, late on.

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 AM ----------

He's got a point though..

Even look at your profile. It says your supporting "the worst team in liverpool... liverpool". Why on earth would you say that when we've got further than Everton have in the Europa League, we're higher above them in the League and our history must be 20 times better than theres is?

Wouldn't surprise me if you were an undercover bitter..
Jeez,it was a joke when i was bitter after we lost in Lille. I'll change it then FFS.

Berbatov... Tosic... Hargreaves...

Only United?

league title.

League and european title

League title and Carling cup

Carling Cup and Possible league title.

Hargeaves played in that final in rome, berba played 32 games last season and 23 this season.
Utd spend million and win titles. liverpool spend mllions and win The Fa cup and Champs league Years ago.

You take your pick.

Back