Benitez rules out panic signings

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Rafael Benitez says he will not be pressured into making signings during the current transfer window, despite Liverpool's worsening run of form.

More...

Doubt he's really got any decent funds to panic sign anyway

Benitez loves the attention. He is constantly declaring something to the media. XD

Aye, rumour is that it's about 5 million - including all associated fees and also wages. If he sells the Dutch tweeter then it looks better - £60k weekly wage freed up plus whatever someone who wants to take a punt on him reckon he's worth.

Chief exec is on record to SOS (fan group) that he's expecting to be able to announce a major investment into the club before the end of the tax year and Hicks (lying **** that he is) has been making noises about significant new funds being made available to the manager in the summer too.

Rafa's been hinting at one more new signing, so we'll wait and see what turns up.

I can see you buying someone this summer. What Benitez needs to do is PLAY these people.

i can see some1 being bought this summer, but not rafa making the signing. maybe Alex Macleish.

panic signing, he does it all the time anyway i love it that he is still manager cos i hate liverpool and he keeps the results coming, he cannot sign a decent player and allway poanic buys and buys load of ****, keane, lucas, aquallani, deggen, dosenna, vorinin, babel, insua,,,,, the list goes on

i can see some1 being bought this summer, but not rafa making the signing. maybe Alex Macleish.

1. Utter rubbish
2. Eck gets more with us than he would with Pool
3. It's McLeish :P

Fair enough, it was more me thinking who would be a good replacement for him. you should take it as a good thing. he has been mentioned in the last couple of days as a possible replacement.

I do like it!

It's so good it's a problem :(

I respect what you said anyway :)

panic signing, he does it all the time anyway i love it that he is still manager cos i hate liverpool and he keeps the results coming, he cannot sign a decent player and allway poanic buys and buys load of ****, keane, lucas, aquallani, deggen, dosenna, vorinin, babel, insua,,,,, the list goes on

Keane was not Rafa's signing, he is not **** but just did not fit into Liverpool's system.
Lucas is a key player for Liverpool and does the job Rafa wants him to do.
Aqualanni is not ****, he signed in the summer and has been out injured for the majority of the season so far, give him some time and I'm sure he will do a terrific job for Liverpool.
Insua has some potential, remember he is still young and is starting for one of the biggest teams in the world.
Voronin was a great striker when Liverpool bought him but just didn't adjust to the English league.
The same applies to Babel, he was going to be the next great talent coming out of Holland.
I don't know enough about Dosenna and Deggen to comment on (6)

Why would he take it as a good thing losing his team's manager when he is doing a good job there? oO) lol.

no i mean a good thing. tht his team manager is being discussed about a move to a bigger club. as it shows he must be doing a good Job at birmingham, for him to be deemed good enough to be Liverpool Manager

It's good because he proves how good he is :)

Keane was not Rafa's signing, he is not **** but just did not fit into Liverpool's system.
Lucas is a key player for Liverpool and does the job Rafa wants him to do.
Aqualanni is not ****, he signed in the summer and has been out injured for the majority of the season so far, give him some time and I'm sure he will do a terrific job for Liverpool.
Insua has some potential, remember he is still young and is starting for one of the biggest teams in the world.
Voronin was a great striker when Liverpool bought him but just didn't adjust to the English league.
The same applies to Babel, he was going to be the next great talent coming out of Holland.
I don't know enough about Dosenna and Deggen to comment on (6)
rafa destroyed liverpool great team of last year, and lucas is ****, if u want i will create a thread with a poll and lets see who thinks he is shi then cis every1 does m8

I don't think he is **** :S

Ha everyone doesn't!

rafa destroyed liverpool great team of last year, and lucas is ****, if u want i will create a thread with a poll and lets see who thinks he is shi then cis every1 does m8

Ok, before I start please use proper English, I find it quite hard to understand some of your text language.

Liverpool are still a great team, they are just lacking in confidence, if they get a few wins under their belt I'm sure they will get back to the form they were hitting last season.

Lucas is not ****, some fans don't understand that he is not there to score goals and beat players. He does a job for one of the best teams in the world so I do not think he is ****.

It feels weird defending Liverpool, I feel like Lee.(A)

Ok, before I start please use proper English, I find it quite hard to understand some of your text language.

Liverpool are still a great team, they are just lacking in confidence, if they get a few wins under their belt I'm sure they will get back to the form they were hitting last season.

Lucas is not ****, some fans don't understand that he is not there to score goals and beat players. He does a job for one of the best teams in the world so I do not think he is ****.

It feels weird defending Liverpool, I feel like Lee.(A)

this had to been done

hahahahahahahahahahah

Can't sign a decent player?

Most people have probably forgotten that many media outlets (and a lot of numpty fans) were convinced that Fernando Torres would never adjust to the English league - and even if he did, he wasn't a 'natural goal scorer'. Alonso, Reina, Garcia, Benny, Mash, Agger, Skrtel, Crouch, Arbeloa - not decent players then?

Keane - fair point. We paid too much for him, we played him loads and he just wasn't right. We lost about 2.5 million when we sold him back to Spurs. Mind you, that's not too far off how much it would cost to loan him for that amount of time.

Lucas - if you're still knocking Lucas, you need to start watching the match rather than believing the 'pundits' on Sky. He's a very, very accomplished young player. Neat and tidy in possession, and looking more and more like the player we hoped we'd bought (that's the Brazillian international who won best young player in Brazil just before we signed him). He's actually been our best performing player this season.

Aquilani - hmm, ok. Lad's had injury problems. And he's actually not had that much playing time as a result as he's been struggling for basic fitness, let alone match fitness until a couple of games ago. Judging him now either way is premature. One thing I will say though is that he's got genuine class (based on his Roma days) and I wouldn't be surprised to see him being one of the mostly highly rated players in the Premier League in a couple of seasons, if the worst of his injuries are now behind him. We'll see though. 10 million quid to find out isn't that much of a gamble - if he comes good, then we pay another 10 million, if not, then we look to move him on.

Degen - signed on a free. He's actually not looked too shabby in the little we've seen of him so far. But still not seen enough to judge, due to him being injured for so long.

Doss - yup, gamble which didn't pay off. Very attacking wingback bought in the hope that he could play on the wing. Did well some days, was appalling for the most part. Got a substantial part of the money we spent on him back.

Voronin - signed on a free. Paid his wages for a few months in his time at the club, but he spent most of it on loan. Healthy profit for the club despite him never settling.

Babel - genuine wrong'un. Lad's got everything and should be a superstar - maybe he needs a manager to build a team around him to be so? But on the evidence of the past couple of seasons, he's lacking certain mental capabilities to be a true worldclass player. We should get most of our money back for him.

Insua - picked up on the cheap. Now an Argentinian international. He's young, raw and makes stupid mistakes in positioning which he'll learn not to make when he's made his bones.

Never understand fans of a club throwing stuff out when what they're saying actually applies to their own club equally as much - Boa Morte, Jeffers, Wreh, Stepanovs, Cygan, Pennant, Reyes... and I could go on. But that doesn't make Wenger unable to sign a 'decent player'. It just means that when you go shopping, that any manager can expect at least half his signings to not be fantastic.

Back