Benitez should really leave now

Nothing is ever benitez's fault with you lee. It's always luck, injuries or the the players fault:S. Not saying he should be sacked though. There is still lots of games left and liverpool could still get fourth.

I'm glad liverpool are doing so poorly. Shut up the retards who claimed liverpool would win the league because they had improved every season under rafa. :$

It's funny because nothing like this has come about for Arsenal and Wenger, If it has then it has not been to the same degree.

He has refused to buy into his squad and has been without a trophy for what four years now? They (like Liverpool) had a season similar to this when Spurs were going for the top 4 and since then have been barely securing champions league football.(Exception to the year they were challenging untill April and collapsed) Which was probably overachieving?

I have always said i do not agree with alot of Rafa's signings and the Italian is getting alot of the hassle at the moment but we don't hear about Man Utd and the money they seem to waste on players.

Anderson 18m - He is 'ok' can be good but often drifts out the game. He is also weak and has a good 1 goal to his name

Berbatov 30m - He was amazing with Spurs but has failed to match the price tag with the red devils.

Nani - 17m ? - Another big price tag for someone who has not delivered.

Lee has already showed us the stats on Rafa'a in/out and although i do not agree with most of them, He has made money selling players like Keane,Crouch and Bellamy back on. He has also delivered in the past so we know he is not a bad manager.

Alot of the problems are out of Rafa'a reach. I don't know of many Liverpool fans calling for his head, It all seems to be coming from the media or other club fans.

I get your point Kris but despite Manchester United having these 'poor' signings, they are still managing to pull out outstanding results and winning trophies, I also believe that because Fergie has been so successful the past 20 years, it is almost like he can become beyond criticism by the media.

I think it is easy to question Fergie's signings but not his managerial ability and that is what this thread is about but still Obertan 4 Million and Nani 17 Million and who do United fans prefer already. Benitez has bought a lot more flops but for less money where as Fergie's have huge price tag and haven't been able to perform to the ability of the rest of there side.

Sorry,

Just don't think he was worth 18m but Being Man Utd i guess your always going to be overcharged.

I know what your saying Jack but Rafa's had to transform Liverpool in different times to when Fergie did it with Man Utd.

Results have been poor but performances not so we deserved to beat Blackburn two weeks ago deserved to beat Arsenal deserved to beat Lyon in France and Fiorentina at Home but luck just isnt with us at the moment. If we dont beat Wigan and play poor then maybe he should be first in line at the job centre but until that happens he still has time in my books. I mean he won the CL in 2005 with players like Igor Biscan and Djimi Traore (No disrespect to their current teams)

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

I'm just glad that we've got Hodgson as manager at Fulham

If I were Tom HIcks i would pay thru the nose to get Roy to take Liverpool forward

It's funny because nothing like this has come about for Arsenal and Wenger, If it has then it has not been to the same degree.

He has refused to buy into his squad and has been without a trophy for what four years now?

Wenger has learned the way to keep his job without winning trophy. you could say magic or miracle. thats the case with mr. arsene wenger. if you look at previous 4 seasons, liverpool are more successful than arsenal. but despite that arsene wenger has the charisma to keep the board at far far away from him. and the hope of seeing arsenal grace the beautiful game with magical passing game, keep the fans alive and satisfied.
it looks naive but its the truth about arsenal and arsene wenger.

honestly i dont think now is a good time, maybe in the summer if it stays bad, why would you sack a manager mid season, very rarely will it get better for your team if you chose to do this

i just think its not the right time to sack him and as every1 knows he would want huge compensation.......its a rought patch just have a bit of patience n some faith

liverpool dont have huge transfer fees and its unlike they will sign any high-profile that can change the season for liverpool. so with the same players and same manager, its not going to bring any success evern after january. so if a new manager comes in he might change the atmosphere of the squad and might be able to get the most of them. only if gerrard and torres can play uninjured, liverpool could do miracles.

I really dont think that sacking him would really help now. I think that there is a lot more going on behind the scenes than the debt and sacking hime would cost a fortune like other people said, a new manager wouldnt help with wouldnt help with results and morale either. If their form carries on like this a Europa league spot would be more likely, if that.

With Torres and Gerard spending more time in the physio room than on the pitch their season has shown that they are a two man team.

Sorry Lee I have done my research, you have said this to me before, I have already proved he has brought over 70 players, Danny put a list of it up when I said it. He has spent enough money, you lot spent more than Chelsea, Arsenal and Man United this year did you not?

Pointless thread to be honest just going to cause a arguement. The way i see it the more benitez stays the more liverpool will struggle this season so i aint complaining simple.

if sturrock stayed at argyle for the amount of time he did then benitez should be able to

If Liverpool are already 'in a difficult financial position', which is what is being said everywhere lately, then why sack the manager. Liverpool may aswell stick by their guns imo and battle it out. Sometimes team just have shaky seasons like Arsenal a few seasons back when Tottenham finished 5th on the last day of the season, still, their's no reason to sack a manager because of it. Mostly all of the clubs with a lot of history have kept their manager's for a long time, e.g Man United with SAF, and Arsenal with Wenger. Chelsea are the odd one out but if you look at every manager they've appointed they've always been of high quality. If Liverpool sack Benitez it can only get worse in my opinion.

chelsea sack managers all the time, impatient club imo

Benitez will not the get sack this season.

Maybe at the end of the season if results do not go his way and stuff

like Gatid said pointless thread

chelsea sack managers all the time, impatient club imo
Yeah agreed. But who would want to go to Liverpool at the moment in that position they are in? Obviously there would be some managers willing to go, but nothing big like Benitez. Another problem could be that if Benitez goes, Torres may want out.

Yeah that's the problem only get rid if you have a suitable replacement and I don't see too many around.