Benitez should really leave now

hope city get torres, then we can have 9 strikers lol

city would suit a 0-0-10 formation ;)

the biggest mistake rafa made imo was selling xabi. I'm not sayin they'd be top of the league or anything, but they'd certainly be getting better results.

It was his poor man management skills that led to that. He saw Barry as someone better than Alonso (LMAO) and Alonso's relationship with him detoriated and was never the same, it was good during the season but when Madrid came knocking he was definately gonna leave after the previous summer.

personally i agree with you lewis, though i like lucas hes not alonso quality, and dossena isnt showing promise either, if you look at arsenal with fabregas, chelsea with essien and obi mikel, man utd with fletcher carrick and hargreaves, man city with de jong and barryaston villa with petrov and reo coker they all have good defensive midfielders, sadly liverpool only have mascherano and he cant hold a midfield

I have to disagree with you Joe. Youve names players like Fabregas, Fletcher and Carrick who arent really Dm's.

Mascherano can hold the midfield and is one of the best dms around but liverpool are missing that passing spark. Alonso had an amazing pass on him and Gerard, Lucas and Mascherano arent that great at passing so they have no one to lay the goals on for the goal scorers

Alonso is more of defensive playmaker if you ask me. Joe Fabregas is not a DM, neither is Fletcher. Liverpool have a perfect defensive midfielder in Mascherano and Lucas is okay cover, there not lacking that mate, they're lacking the creative spark in the midfield.

coach 2 things

1) No player can hold a whole midfield especially when most of them are youngsters

2) again outbursting, leave this for outside the forum or on xbox live mate, if yu want we can take it out on some american kids on live

Makelele held the whole madrid midfield and masherano is more than capable of holding the liverpool midfield we just miss the passing ability of alonso like people have mentioned. But hopefully aqualani will be the missing piece. Also with our 2 best players having been injured its hard and ovbiously we aint got good enough depth.

I dont think he should be sacked but things have to be charged. we will turn it around at wigan on wednesday and hopefully get a run of wins going.

Ok, he has not spent a lot of money this season, but in his career at LFC.

I dont like his tactic, i think is boring. I have never been a FAN of one attacker in front. I'm a great LFC fan and i miss the days of Fowler, Mcmanaman, Redknapp, Collymore, Ruddock, James. It was more fun, that was attacking football ohh it was good.

If you are looking at current realism, you would have to include Spurs and Man City

See, i think Spurs wont be there come the end of the season.. having said that they are on fire at the moment. I reckon City will get 5th

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

personally i agree with you lewis, though i like lucas hes not alonso quality, and dossena isnt showing promise either, if you look at arsenal with fabregas, chelsea with essien and obi mikel, man utd with fletcher carrick and hargreaves, man city with de jong and barryaston villa with petrov and reo coker they all have good defensive midfielders, sadly liverpool only have mascherano and he cant hold a midfield

are you serious? i bet man city would love to have masch in their team, he is a quality player!

I might be wrong in saying this but I dont think he has won enough in the 5 and a half years he has been there.
2004/05 Champion's League
2004/05 Super Cup
2005/06 FA Cup
2005/06 Charity Shield

To be honest I dont think thats enough for a team of Liverpool's status and quality

I agree with you Tommy, Liverpool are underachiving big time.
Although , why did Alonso and players like him leave?
Yes Liverpool are in debt, but Man utd are apparently in what 3-4mill debt? and yet they do as they please?
Liverpool need a new board, imo its not Rafa's fault.
In the last 3 years Rafa's only made one BIG signing and that being Torres, whom is a footballing god,
Rafa with money would be insane and imo he's a saint for his patience a little like Gordon Strachen was at Celtic, and i've learned with what happend with him when he left, so c'mon guys lets be careful with what we wish for oO)

I agree with you Tommy, Liverpool are underachiving big time.
Although , why did Alonso and players like him leave?
Yes Liverpool are in debt, but Man utd are apparently in what 3-4mill debt? and yet they do as they please?
Liverpool need a new board, imo its not Rafa's fault.
In the last 3 years Rafa's only made one BIG signing and that being Torres, whom is a footballing god,
Rafa with money would be insane and imo he's a saint for his patience a little like Gordon Strachen was at Celtic, and i've learned with what happend with him when he left, so c'mon guys lets be careful with what we wish for oO)

Well I think United are in a bit more debt than that I think.
I dont know why Fergie didnt spend the ''Ronaldo Bounty''

1- He didnt think the team needed improving
2- He wasnt going to get good value for players because Real had driven up the prices
3- He wasnt allowed spend it.

Back to the point about Liverpool's signings
I assume any rational persone would agree that Torres was the best signing Rafa made. If another club would want him now, it would be £60m+

torres has his name as the one of the best signings for liverpool. but selling torres is not option at the moment. even if they 60+ for him. gerrard and torres can still revive the season for liverpool, theres lot of football left this season.

Well we are third in the form guide, winning games against some decent opposition (Villa and Spurs) and over the past three weeks I haven't heard any fickle Liverpool fans saying ''Rafa must go'' or some United fans saying ''Rafa is ****''. Football is a stupidly fickle sport nowadays and fans are the worst out of the lot (Some are, not everyone) But yes I am happy he is still here and hopefully will be for many years to come.