Berwick Rangers: An English Club in Scotland

Its has being a top story really enjoyed the rise. Fancy doing another game similar to this?

I've been checking this thread since it started. I have thoroughly enjoyed your save. You included the right amount of relevant info supplemented by images and text that helped keep the story flowing. It's a shame that you're no longer continuing, I would have thrown the laptop out the window for sure had I lost the UCL Final in those circumstances, but it's a great touch to have uploaded your save for people to carry on.

Its a shame to see the save end but i get where you are coming from when you reach a crossroad, im 15 seasons in with Truro now, have owned FM 18 since Christmas but have only played as two different teams in those 8 months, hope you continue with a different save soon!

Cracking save! one of my personal favorites! unlucky but you took Berwick almost to the pinnacle without cheating. Well done!

Its has being a top story really enjoyed the rise. Fancy doing another game similar to this?

I've been checking this thread since it started. I have thoroughly enjoyed your save. You included the right amount of relevant info supplemented by images and text that helped keep the story flowing. It's a shame that you're no longer continuing, I would have thrown the laptop out the window for sure had I lost the UCL Final in those circumstances, but it's a great touch to have uploaded your save for people to carry on.

Its a shame to see the save end but i get where you are coming from when you reach a crossroad, im 15 seasons in with Truro now, have owned FM 18 since Christmas but have only played as two different teams in those 8 months, hope you continue with a different save soon!

Cracking save! one of my personal favorites! unlucky but you took Berwick almost to the pinnacle without cheating. Well done!

Loved the save, the ups and the downs.

Fair play buddy, it's been a great journey.

Cheers everyone it's much appreciated and I hope the save download works! I'll more than likely do a similarish save on FM19 as taking a small club and staying with them for a long time is the only way I know how to play FM!

So what's next on FM18......as we still have a good 4 months until we see FM19 :)

Cheers everyone it's much appreciated and I hope the save download works! I'll more than likely do a similarish save on FM19 as taking a small club and staying with them for a long time is the only way I know how to play FM!
Like wise it is how I personally play as well. I get bored to easy with big clubs ill do a season when i first start to get used to the game but then start a game journeyman or with my favoured Brewers (Burton Albion) I would love to see you have a go at them.

So what's next on FM18......as we still have a good 4 months until we see FM19 :)

Monopoly chairman save and the 4 minds are better than one is enough for me at the moment!

Like wise it is how I personally play as well. I get bored to easy with big clubs ill do a season when i first start to get used to the game but then start a game journeyman or with my favoured Brewers (Burton Albion) I would love to see you have a go at them.

Yeah I'm the same, do a season before I do a long term save - think I did one season with Derby before the Berwick save. And think Burton would be an interesting save for FM19 to see if you could get them back in the Championship at the first attempt, might do that before my main FM19 save

Summary of the Save

We leave the club with £115m in the bank. As you can see, before this season Berwick have never had more than £80m.

View attachment 42101

This is the official best XI of the save.

View attachment 42100

That’s a bit misleading though. There are many players not in that XI that I’ll always be fond of, most of them are not real because the save went on for so long!

A special mention has to be made to the following regens: Sindri Snorrason, Lee Farrell, Darren Halpin, John Wilson, Stuart Smith, Steven Barbour and of course Scott Scott.

And the following actual real life players:
Michael Mckenna, Aaron Murrell, Conor Scullion, Oliver Fleming, Joe Mckee, Christian Antoniazzi, Tommy Caffrey, Ben Hall, Aidan Wilson and Jason Kerr

The Players of the Save

Third Place
Sindri Snorrason (Apps: 394 Goals: 23) / Lee Farrell (Apps: 207 Goals: 24)

View attachment 42099 View attachment 42098

Second Place
Scott Scott (Apps: 89 Goals: 66)

View attachment 42097

First Place
George Neil (Apps: 331 Goals: 219)

View attachment 42096

Banter Moments
2024: Getting 2 players sent off in our first ever Scottish Cup final in 2024
2027: Losing 6-1 to a much inferior Weder Bremen to get knocked out of the Europa League
2032: Losing 6-0 in the Champions League Final to Manchester United

Glory Moments
2021: Winning the Championship by 28 points with a semi-pro team
2025: Beating Ajax 5-1 at the Amsterdam Arena in the Europa League
2030: Finally Winning the Scottish Cup
2032: Beating Real Madrid 5-0 in the Champions League Semi Final

We started the save as the team with the lowest wage budget in League Two and end it with 6 SPL Titles, 3 Scottish Cups, 6 League Cups and 2 Champions League Finals.

View attachment 42095

But after all that it’s time to say goodbye.

View attachment 42094

View attachment 42093

View attachment 42091

I hope you’ve enjoyed reading as much as I’ve enjoyed playing and if you were like I was this time last year – a follower on FM Base but without an account - then I encourage you to start a story… if not now then for FM19!

See you all on the FM19 Stories thread!​

It's been a fantastic read mate, one of the best if not THE best story on this thread for FM18! hope to see more of you before FM19 starts though :)