Best and Worst signing this season.

MisterStubbs

Reaction score
Haven't seen a thread like this so thought i'd start one.

I want to know what you guys think on who has been the best buy and who has been the biggest waste of money this season. It can be from any league. So i shall get the ball rolling,

The best signing this season i think have to be the two lads at Birmingham City, Roger Johnson and Scott Dann. Many players make the step up from Championship to Premier League every year but i can't remember the last time a player or two made such a good impact.

The worst signing this season. Alberto Aquilani. £20 Million to sit on the bench most weeks, just a waste of money and from what i have seen from him (apart from the Pompey game which was he was decent) i haven't been impressed with him

What do you guys think?

I'd probably agree with you there :)
But it's early and I can't quite think.....

O'hara for pompey signing of the season even tho its on loan
worst sigining i dont have a clue

Best signing for me has to be Darrent Bent at Sunderland. 21 goals in his first season at the club for me is very impressive especially with the World Cup around the corner.

Worst signing for me is Jason Scotland for Wigan. Still hasn't scored, and is just not a Premier League striker.

Good
Darren Bent to Sunderland.
Antonio Valencia to Utd
Richard Dunne to Villa
Tevez to City
Kevin Doyle to Wolves

Bad
Lescott to City
Vieira to City
Roque Santa Cruz to City
Riise to Fulham

Aquilani can't be classed at a worst signing as he hasn't had the chance yet.

Bent, Roger Johnson, Scott Dann, Lee Bowyer

Worst has to be Scotland, Zhirkov isn't playing that well but its early days

he has still been a waste of £20Mil

yeah "the most expensive Russian of all time" has been incredibly average (I know he was injured but he's still played about 20 games)

Id agree with you with Johnson at Birmingham. Tevez has been good at Man City and Diamanti at West ham, (think he signed in august). Worst signing aquilani definitely up there, have to say ive not been impressed with Zhirkov at Chelsea & Adebayor.

Tevez cost 47 million (I think). For that money I would expect him to bang in the goals. Worst has to be Jason Scotland and the best for me has to be Bent.

On a club point of view for Tottenham Best signing this year is Nico Kranjcar. Worst signing Peter Crouch.

Overall Worst signing although on a free was Michael Owen. Best Signing Darren Bent.

On a club point of view for Tottenham Best signing this year is Nico Kranjcar. Worst signing Peter Crouch.

Overall Worst signing although on a free was Michael Owen. Best Signing Darren Bent.

Owen? how can you say that? he has scored some very important goals this season.

Owen? how can you say that? he has scored some very important goals this season.

Its just my opinion. He has not shown anything that constitutes his previous form in his career. People have stated Aquilani but he was injured for the most of the season and is still adjusting to the premier league. Just because its a high transfer does not mean he will be a failure. He has been unlucky this year. Example is Pav at Spurs. Look at him now. Aquilani will be the same and once he knuckles down he will be a success. Where as Owen has the experience of Prem Football and to me has not shown his class especially being in a United team with the players around him. The thread is headed best and worst signing not the biggest waste of money on a transfer. So however much a club has paid for a player is irrelevant.

Last edited:
Its just my opinion. He has not shown anything that constitutes his previous form in his career. People have stated Aquilani but he was injured for the most of the season and is still adjusting to the premier league. Just because its a high transfer does not mean he will be a failure. He has been unlucky this year. Example is Pav at Spurs. Look at him now. Aquilani will be the same and once he knuckles down he will be a success. Where as Owen has the experience of Prem Football and to me has not shown his class.

your banging on about how albertos been injuried, owen has been injured for lenghy spells this season as well?

Back