Best calculated position for player! Updated 2010-11-19 (Export from FM now working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great tool,does take a bit of time though,but still really good....Good job(H)

This is really useful tool to have. Only complaint I have is, like everyone else, the box to input the attributes # could be improved. It would be nice to put in each box kind of like this website for coaching: http://bonzollm.net.tc/

Maybe you can figure out how to do it from the website.

Great job, really useful!
Can´t seem to find the defensive midfielder though.

Great job, really useful!
Can´t seem to find the defensive midfielder though.

Will look into it first thing tomorrow heading for bed now, work on the schedule in a couple of hours. Thanks for the feedback.

---------- Post added at 04:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 AM ----------

This is really useful tool to have. Only complaint I have is, like everyone else, the box to input the attributes # could be improved. It would be nice to put in each box kind of like this website for coaching: http://bonzollm.net.tc/

Maybe you can figure out how to do it from the website.

Gonna try and see what i can come up with tomorrow, thanks for the input.

Gd program only problem is the entering of stats but it is still gd fanks

Genrally a decent tool. But the only flaw is that some roles have certain must have attributes. For example a target man must have jumping/ strength. For the player i tried (Stephen Quinn) His best role was given as a ball winning midfielder when his tackiling is 7, and a target man when his jumping is 7. Even though he may have the other attributes needed (eg bravery), you simply cannot be a ball winner without being able to tackle

you may add a button "Top Three" .. so i dont see if My Midfield Center is good at goalkeeping or full back.. For example Lorik Cana Ball winning midfielder (16.2 ) Def midfielder ( 15.8 ) Midfiel center defend (15.6) the other thing : you can multiply "must have attributes" with 1.2 or 1.3 then divide.. one last thing : when calculating box to box players u divide 18 attributes and this is too much..other midfields generally need 10 attributes .. so a player may be a good btb but your programme shows it as a dmc or ball winning..

Last edited:
you may add a button "Top Three" .. so i dont see if My Midfield Center is good at goalkeeping or full back.. For example Lorik Cana Ball winning midfielder (16.2 ) Def midfielder ( 15.8 ) Midfiel center defend (15.6) the other thing : you can multiply "must have attributes" with 1.2 or 1.3 then divide.. one last thing : when calculating box to box players u divide 18 attributes and this is too much..other midfields generally need 10 attributes .. so a player may be a good btb but your programme shows it as a dmc or ball winning..

Cool will try and add some top three list as a function.

When it comes to the key index i have just taken the Attributes that FM2011 has Highlighted for each Role and Duty since i have no clue what Attributes are actually more or less important for each Role and Duty, like i wrote before this tools is no exact science and mearly there to give ju a nudge in the right direction, the final pick for position should lay in your own hands.

If someone should have more information if there is some kind of prio for the skills please let me know and i can update the tool for a more accurate result.

Thanks for input!

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Genrally a decent tool. But the only flaw is that some roles have certain must have attributes. For example a target man must have jumping/ strength. For the player i tried (Stephen Quinn) His best role was given as a ball winning midfielder when his tackiling is 7, and a target man when his jumping is 7. Even though he may have the other attributes needed (eg bravery), you simply cannot be a ball winner without being able to tackle

Like i've told other people they tool has no form of intelligence so it just picks they role with the highest key index even the game might have certain roles and duties that benefit more from certain attributes, the problem for me is to know what of those attributes the game considers more valuable for each of the roles and duties.

Thanks for input!

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

I've made some changes to the calculator

* Updated the interface for Quick load, no longer a own popup window instead available right over the attributes.
* Updated the interface for attributes, you can now enter/edit a value manually or use the newly added -/+ signs to step up/down the value.
* Added a filter for Outfielders, you can now chose to show Defender/Midfielder/Striker in your calculation, this should also speed up the loading of result windows some if you pick just one position.
* Added a slider to allow for limited number of hits in the calculation.
* Added a information tab with some short information along with quick instructions on how to use the calculator
* Added a !-icon in the result window that when you hover it shows you the prioritized attributes for that Role and Duty.

Last edited:
Might be helpful to make it quicker to input.
If you go to a players attibrutes page then go to the menu -> print screen -> text file. You can choose were to save a nice text file with the players attitbrutes on.
Added some examples from my 2028 save.

Just fyi though. The Julien Iribarne is by going to the club, then clicking the player, while the other two are from going to the National team, and clicking on the player. And that gives 2 different sort of files. You'll see what I mean.
Another fyi. The files save as .rtf but I had to change them to .txt to be able to upload.

Might be helpful to make it quicker to input.
If you go to a players attibrutes page then go to the menu -> print screen -> text file. You can choose were to save a nice text file with the players attitbrutes on.
Added some examples from my 2028 save.

Just fyi though. The Julien Iribarne is by going to the club, then clicking the player, while the other two are from going to the National team, and clicking on the player. And that gives 2 different sort of files. You'll see what I mean.
Another fyi. The files save as .rtf but I had to change them to .txt to be able to upload.

Thank alot Puddz! I will start making a parse for these files so people can calculate players much faster!!!

An extra information :D If you guys are too arsed to be so troubled into typing those attributes or even copy and pasting it into the line, the new thread for the Player role calculator is up. Feel free to frequent it. OP is frequently updated.

Great tool, though i have a small problem!
I put in Mats Hummels stats in and it says that he has 27.1 as a Wingback - Defend?

I put in Mats Hummels stats in and it says that he has 27.1 as a Wingback - Defend?

I'll look into it, must be some calculation that is turning up wrong.

Thanks for the feedback.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

UPDATE!!!

Just added a neat feature where you can save your inputs into to a own Team! Read the main post form more information on how to do this! Hope this will make it easier for people to keep track of players in their teams!

Laan

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Im still working on the parser for importing of Text File from FM, problem is parsing of the RTF format that FM exports to, hard to get any descent out of the files... will keep you updated on progress.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:59 PM ----------

UPDATE!!!

Finally figured out on howto convert the exported RTF file formats from RM to something readable, check main post for how to Export your player profile directly from FM to a Text File that will be importable into the Calculator.

Hope this will solve the input problem that many of you haven't liked, the old input ways are still available for those of you who still wanna use them.

Laan

Tested to import his stats into the calculator now and it shows up fine, dunno if i had some bug that i unintentionally fixed or what happened seems to be fine now atleast. (see screenshot)

Laan

Status
Not open for further replies.