Best 'Central Midfielder' in the league 'at the moment' ?

Vote for the best

• Total voters

Billy

#THFC
Reaction score
Definition: 'at the moment' refers to this season and previous season combined.

Vote for who you think is the best overall.

My vote goes to Modrić because I think he is the best central midfielder in the league now. I personally believed he was better at dictating play than Fabregas even when he was in the league, so it's no contest now.

I guess you class Silva as a midfielder, so I say Silva.

EDIT: Mis-read the title. I'd agree with Modric if it's central midfielders, but I voted 'other' so my vote does go to Modric.

Silva will be included in the next poll. Wide forwards/wingers.

Toure. Play him as a DM, CM, AM, even a centre-back. The only truly all-round midfielder in the Prem.

With Fabregas left, It has to be Modric.

If Nasri is considered then surely Silva should be listed on the poll?

If Silva is considered as CM then Silva, otherwise Modric.

When on form, Gerrard.

Now, Modric. By far.

Essien is also complete midfielder.

1. Essien can't get himself off the injury table for love nor money
2. He just didn't look the same player when he came back last time
3. Can you see Essien playing a goalscoring, creative role like Toure did last season? I can't.

I agree with Alex, when he's playing like he can Gerrard is the best, easy.

However, currently it's Modric, however I did vote Gerrard

Arteta? Well he's pretty good I suppose, hasn't really been in form for at least a year though. Charlie Adam? Er... He's got a good range I suppose. GARETH BARRY?!

1. Essien can't get himself off the injury table for love nor money
2. He just didn't look the same player when he came back last time
3. Can you see Essien playing a goalscoring, creative role like Toure did last season? I can't.

He didn't look the same player but he is surely complete player who chipped in with few goals when played as proper CM.

Luka Modric, surprised a little that he isn't elsewhere and still at White Hart Lane. Very resilient chairman in Levy for blocking off all offers.

Toure. He has it all....he is tall as **** and strong as ****. Can play DM, CM, AM....he has even played as a centre-back in a CL final succesfully.

And despite being a physical beast....he is quick as **** and fast as ****! His technique is awsome. His passing is very good for such a big man aswell. The complete midfielder.

Modric is a bit different so idk who i would choose. Yaya the better defensive midfielder, Modric the better creative.

And if Silva isn't on the list....Nasri shouldn't be either.

Not quite sure why Modric is so far ahead of Touré and Gerrard.

He didn't look the same player but he is surely complete player who chipped in with few goals when played as proper CM.

Maybe, but can you see him playing the kind of through-balls Toure pulled off last year? Doubt it.

I see this. And I raise you with Gerrard.

Point taken. I think Toure's better, but Gerrard is certainly an all-rounder.

Not quite sure why Modric is so far ahead of Touré and Gerrard.

Because on his day, Steven Gerrard is the best central midfielder in the league in my opinion, a player who has it all.

However, over the past two seasons, he has been bang average.

At the moment Modric. Considering Gerrard was out for 7 months, not sure how he can pick up many votes

Oh hay guise another post from Madridsta! Can't wait to read this!

Toure. He has it all....he is tall as **** and strong as ****. Can play DM, CM, AM....he has even played as a centre-back in a CL final succesfully.

Ah, so just what I said. Nice. We agree!

And despite being a physical beast....he is quick as **** and fast as ****! His technique is awsome. His passing is very good for such a big man aswell. The complete midfielder.

Quite apart from 'quick' and 'fast' practically meaning the same thing, and disregarding your disturbingly Freudian love of the word '****', surely quick and fast comes under the umbrella of 'physicality'?

Maybe, but can you see him playing the kind of through-balls Toure pulled off last year? Doubt it.

Essien's passing was good pre injury. I dont know whether he could have pulled those killer balls, but his passing was surely as good. Probably Toure is good with those defense splitting passes, that doesn't mean Essien is not complete ;)