Best English Servant since 2000, once and for all you decide!

• Thread starter Thread starter gates4000
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 3K

Best English Servant since 2000

• David Beckham

Votes: 45 54.2%
  • Steven Gerrard

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Frank Lampard

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Ashley Cole

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Paul Scholes

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Emile Heskey ;)

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • David Seaman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rio Ferdinand

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Micheal Owen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gates4000

Reaction score
who do you think is the best Servant to the English National Team?

If David Beckham dosent win this by a landslide then i will be gazumped.

Becks probably.

Cue JACKO with: "Terry, Lamps and Ashley Cole without a doubt... Also Wayne Bridge and Joe Cole!"

EDIT:

Jacko - I'm shocked. Shocked and surprised! ;)

It has to be the man who is described as, 'God'.

That's right. I'm on about the goalscoring machine, that is...

Emile.

Not sure you can put Seaman in there. He retired in 2002 and the only thing of significance he did in an England shirt was be made to look like a fool by that Macedonian guy and Ronaldinho.

And I'm bias!

Becks probably.

Cue JACKO with: "Terry, Lamps and Ashley Cole without a doubt... Also Wayne Bridge and Joe Cole!"

EDIT:

Jacko - I'm shocked. Shocked and surprised! ;)

I wouldnt be shocked, i love Becks and actually know football and dont just say things that benefit Chelsea.

Not sure you can put Seaman in there. He retired in 2002 and the only thing of significance he did in an England shirt was be made to look like a fool by that Macedonian guy and Ronaldinho.

And I'm biased!

Grammar police incoming.

Emile Heskey.

Seriously. This is a man who was continually ridiculed, to the point he was a laughing stock. Yet he never complained, never threw a strop, gave 100% in matches and did his job (the quality at which he performed that job notwithstanding). Twoo Engleesh ledgend.

Beckham without a doubt... Although Heskey has to come in second place! :D

I obviously wanted to go for Michael Ricketts, I considered Ashley until I remembered he was a *at with Cheryl... Owen's been terrible since 05, Gerrard beat down a DJ, JT's been out servicing other WAGs so on the basis of managing to turn a lesbian straight and his overall godliness I'll say Beckham. And to all who voted Heskey, I didn't realise LSD addiction was so bad in this country...

Last edited:
I obviously wanted to go for Michael Ricketts, I considered Ashley until I remembered he was a *at with Cheryl... Owen's been terrible since 05, Gerrard beat down a DJ, JT's been out servicing other WAGs so on the basis of managing to turn a lesbian straight and his overall godliness I'll say Beckham. And to all who voted Heskey, I didn't realise LSD addiction was so bad in this country...

Best English servant, not most well-behaved or named most like a disease. ;)

Has to be David Beckham.

Such a great footballer, the best passer and crosser I've ever seen in my life; But also a true role-model to younger players. Always in the papers for the correct reasons, a leader on the pitch. Its a shame we could never win a World-Cup with Beckham, because that what he really deserved in my opinion. Even now, he still wants to play for his country, and represent in the Olympics. So passionate about his football, shown with the 2018 Bid, I hope he manages us one day.

I was going to consider Robbie Fowler also, until I found out he rejected Argyle for a team in Thailand :$

Beckham. Because he has something which is sadly lacking in some players - passion and committment ("that" free kick against Greece anybody?), followed by Heskey. Made a scapegoat and laughing stock often - and unfairly imo.

Slight OT may be worth mentioning club level Tony Hibbert. Member of Everton's FA Youth Cup squad in 1998, first match against West Ham in 2001, and still there. Longest serving player for Everton. And still as reliable. Was worthy of an England call up after winning award for best premiership RB in 2004/2005. Still annoyed he never ever got a call up. Just though I'd mention it ;)

Back