Best film of all time? Discussion thread

Ok im going to post the rules again:
1. Please leave a brief description of the story, how good the acting was and if possible leave a short clip of a preview.
2. Please limit your suggestions from recent films as they havnt stood the test of time.
3. One suggestion per post.
4. Explain why its the best film you have seen
5. Use proper use of grammar and punctuation where possible.

I don't mean to be picky, but you wrote "Use proper use of grammar and punctuation where possible" and about you wrote "its" when it should have been "it's" and on the 2nd point you wrote "havnt" instead of "haven't" and also wrote "from" instead of "to".

Anyway, what's is the point in one suggestion per post? Because then it will just spam the page.
The test of time means nothing because it's whether in your opinion it is the best film you've seen, whether it's a year old or thirty years old.
Another idea would be that the video clips are links and not embedded as that would clog up the page.

I apologize,its not a dig at you or anything.
I'm sorry i may not have perfect grammar(English isn't my first language) but i say this to try prevent people from writing a wall of text that cannot be understood. Again I don't think this was a problem with you but may be with other posters in future so just reiterating the rules.

Explained points here:
Q:Anyway, what's is the point in one suggestion per post?
A: This will give people the chance to explain about the movie, plot and acting in proper detail. The OP mentioned best film of all time. Should only be one suggestion at a time. If you wish to make another suggestion at a later time feel free to post again. If they are all separate posts it will look much neater and more aesthetically pleasing.
Q:The test of time means nothing because it's whether in your opinion it is the best film you've seen, whether it's a year old or thirty years old.
A: I don't mind if a film is genuinely brilliant. Just don't want people suggesting films that are still in cinema's like Fast 5 and so forth.
Q: Another idea would be that the video clips are links and not embedded as that would clog up the page
A: That is actually a good point, I will change the OP and my post's accordingly. Thank you for the suggestion :)

I'd be nigh impossible to narrow it down to just 1. So for the sake of saving me the time of doing that. I'm just going to say this.

I'm a connoiseur of shlock so it has to be Piranha 3D. So bad it's good.

IMO it must be Quo Vadis:

Released in 1951

Returning to Rome after 3 years in the field, General Marcus Vinicius meets Lygia and falls in love with her. She is a Christian and doesn't want to have anything to do with a warrior. Though she grew up Roman, the adopted daughter of a retired general, Lygia is technically a hostage of Rome. Marcus gets Emperor Nero to give her to him for services rendered. Lygia resents this, but somehow falls in love with Marcus anyway. Meanwhile Nero's atrocities get more outrageous. When he burns Rome and blames the Christians, Marcus goes off to save Lygia and her family. Nero captures them and all the Christians, and throws them to the lions.

[video=youtube;P9b7mmVBPg8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9b7mmVBPg8[/video]

It is a must watch movie for people who like old movies. The acting is pretty crappy in some scenes, but the movie is great in its self. This is the best movie in my opinion, because it is something different than what we see nowadays (Fast & Furious, The Expendables, etc). And personally, i love watching old movies.

I apologize,its not a dig at you or anything.
I'm sorry i may not have perfect grammar(English isn't my first language) but i say this to try prevent people from writing a wall of text that cannot be understood. Again I don't think this was a problem with you but may be with other posters in future so just reiterating the rules.

Explained points here:
Q:Anyway, what's is the point in one suggestion per post?
A: This will give people the chance to explain about the movie, plot and acting in proper detail. The OP mentioned best film of all time. Should only be one suggestion at a time. If you wish to make another suggestion at a later time feel free to post again. If they are all separate posts it will look much neater and more aesthetically pleasing.
Q:The test of time means nothing because it's whether in your opinion it is the best film you've seen, whether it's a year old or thirty years old.
A: I don't mind if a film is genuinely brilliant. Just don't want people suggesting films that are still in cinema's like Fast 5 and so forth.
Q: Another idea would be that the video clips are links and not embedded as that would clog up the page
A: That is actually a good point, I will change the OP and my post's accordingly. Thank you for the suggestion :)

Haha it's ok I was just joking :)