Welcome to FM Base
Want access to our Standard Logo Megapack and P20 kit packs? You know what to do!
Register

best game of all time

jamgla

Jan 10, 2006
what do u think the best game is of all time, in my opinion James Bond-Golden eye for the N64 was legendary.

Grant

Sep 22, 2005
Super Mario World for the snes. I played that for about 5 years straight when i was about 5. Completed it again about 2 months ago on my psp.

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 15, 2005
I can't pick one...so here are a few :)

Best Platform: Sonic The Hedgehog
It came preloaded on our Master System if I remember correctly. Was an amazing game. I think I also owned it for the Mega Drive. Great great game. Along with Sonic 2 and Sonic & Knuckles. Havn't liked any of the Sonic games since Sonic 3D though as it just doesn't feel right in 3D. Green Hill Zone :wub:

Best Story: Metal Gear Solid
I love the story in MGS. It's more like watching a film than playing a game a lot of the time.

Best 2D Fighting: Street Fighter II
Used to absolutely love this game. I used to have Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition for the Mega Drive. Wish I still had it as it was by far the best 2D beat 'em up around. Mortal Kombat was a close runner up though :)

Best 3D Fighting: Tekken 3
Another great fighting game. I've played a few of the more recent Tekkens but just havn't got into them. Tekken 3 for me was my fave.

Best FPS: Doom
Do I even have to say anything about Doom!

Best Sport: ISS Pro Evolution 2
This is the first ISS game that I really really got into. You can still play it today and it is still a good football sim. Brilliant game.

Lee

Administrator
Sep 15, 2005
ICO - Beautiful game whcih really gets you involved with it... could be a bit longer though.

Gran Turismo 4 - Best driving 'game' of all time. The depth and amount of customisation is just unreal. Actually takes some skill to win races aswell unlike NFS etc..

Tekken 5 - Thought I'd mention this because Sean said Tekken 3. Basicly Tekken 5 is Tekken 3 but more intense, quicker, and more addictive.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence - Great storyline, best graphics on the PS2, alot of replay value, internet play, fun mini games. It's the perfect game.

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 15, 2005
I bet FIFA 98 RTWC is **** if you play it again though :p

jamgla

Jan 10, 2006
halo 1&2

fifa 2000( the only fifa i ever really got into)

football manager 2007:D

Redders

Get in the Van.
Sep 15, 2005
www.fmstories.co.uk
FIFA 97/98 RTWC, was and still is the best FIFA ever.

FM2005 (didn't get into 06 and 07 aint had a chance yet).

CM 97/98 - At the time i couldnt come of it. Easy to use aswell.

ProEvo 4 (Xbox) - Lovely game.

Super Mario on Gameboy

James Bond Goldeneye on N64

Alexx Kidd on Master system.

Alex Kidd

Last edited:

Kris

Sep 17, 2005
Hard to pick just one but RTWC was amazing cm 99/00 was my fav of the champ series i played that game all the ****** time Sonic for the sega and Mario for the SNES n call me g33ky but Pokemon blue for the gameboy i was obsessed with that

Lloyd

Sep 17, 2005
GranTurismo 2 was the best GT in my eyes best driving game that's been out so far.

FIFA RTWCFirst FIFA that i got into and got into them all up untill about 2003/04 when i discovered CM.

CM 02/03First CM game i got addicted to bit late on but better late than never, thought it pwned at the time when i had it got me addicted to the CM series till it went to FM.

StreetfightersThis was one of the first games i ever played and i loved it still one of the best fighting games IMO to this day along with the Tekken series.