Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warcraft

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kylo

MAAAATTT DAMMOONNNNNN
Reaction score
Fellow Gamers,

Franchises consist of a game, then a sequel to that game, then another game to make it a series franchise, there are many brilliant franchises out there, but i wonder to myself which one is truly the best?
Out of this list i'm providing, reply with what franchise you think is the best in terms of Linked Storyline, Gameplay, Graphics and Details and Overall Games, choose wisely:

The Grand Theft Auto Franchise (11 Years Old)
Grand Theft Auto - 1997
Grand Theft Auto 2 - 1999
Grand Theft Auto III - 2001
Grand Theft Auto Vice City - 2002
Grand Theft Auto IV - 2008

The Call of Duty Franchise (6 Years Old)
Call of Duty - 2003
Call of Duty 2 - 2005
Call of Duty 3 - 2006
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - 2007
Call of Duty 5: World at War - 2008
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - 2009
Call of Duty 7 - Working Title

The Final Fantasy Series (23 Years Old)
Final Fantasy - 1987
Final Fantasy II - 1988
Final Fantasy III - 1990
Final Fantasy IV - 1991
Final Fantasy V - 1992
Final Fantasy VI - 1994
Final Fantasy VII - 1997
Final Fantasy VIII - 1999
Final Fantasy IX - 2001
Final Fantasy X - 2002
Final Fantasy XI - 2003
Final Fantasy XII - 2006
Final Fantasy XII - 2010

The Resident Evil Games (13 Years Old)
Resident Evil - 1996
Resident Evil 2 - 1998
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis - 1999
Resident Evil: Code Veronica - 2000
Resident Evil Zero - 2002
Resident Evil 4 - 2005
Resident Evil 5 - 2009

The Legend of Zelda Franchise (23 Years Old)
Legend of Zelda - 1986
The Adventure of Link - 1987
A Link To The Past - 1991
Link's Awakening - 1993
Ocarina of Time - 1998
Majora's Mask - 2000
Oracle of Seasons & Oracle of Ages - 2001
Four Swords & The Wind Waker - 2002
Four Swords Adventures & The Minish Cap - 2004
Twilight Princess - 2006
Phantom Hourglass - 2007
Spirit Tracks - 2009

The Pokemon Franchise (14 Years Old)
Pokemon Red - 1996
Pokemon Yellow -1998
Pokemon Gold - 1999
Pokemon Silver - 1999
Pokemon Crystal - 2001
Pokemon Ruby - 2002
(List is Longer than Final Fantasy with Handhelds and Console Games)

The Tekken Series (15 Years Old)
Tekken - 1994
Tekken 2 - 1995
Tekken 3 - 1997
Tekken Tag Tournament - 1999
Tekken 4 - 2001
Tekken 5 - 2004
Tekken 6 - 2007

That took me some time :( But for you gamers, anything ;)
I'm sure there are a lot more series similar in competition to these which you may suggest but to be honest, at this stage my fingers hurt. oO)
So what will it be? The sheer storyline of The Legend of Zelda? The Amazing Series of Pokemon? or The Biggest Games of Today such as GTA or Call of Duty's. You Decide My Friends :D

Thanks For Reading,
Comment your views and don't forget to vote!
FourFourTwo.​

you missed some grand theft auto titles. Wheres grand theft auto london? probably my favourite game of all time!

you missed some grand theft auto titles. Wheres grand theft auto london? probably my favourite game of all time!

I missed a few, wil update them now for you. I've missed some Resident Evil titles aswell. Thanks for the spot :) Poll has been added, get voting guys! (A)

I voted Final Fantasy....then I saw GTA. I would of voted for that otherwise d'oh!

The Final Fantasy series has given me the most enjoyment and replayability, so it gets my vote.

I prefer the older titles in the series, granted, but I still enjoy the storyline of each of the titles that Square release.

Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX and X all appear in my top 10 favourite games to date, so an easy decision to make.

I voted Final Fantasy....then I saw GTA. I would of voted for that otherwise d'oh!

I struggled to pick one, they are all amazing. I finally voted for Legend of Zelda. Those games were my childhood :) They were amazing, its a very close match though! ^^)

You missed age of empires mate, fantastic games

Can someone edit the pole? I'd lke to ad Age of Empires, Metal Gear Solid and maybe some Mario franchises, although they have loads of add on franchises.

i would, but its not in my section, i have no powers :(

Pokemon definately.

I actually feel sorry for the kids born post 95' who haven't experienced Pokemon in it's prime, (not that battlefront **** thats on nowdays).

Other than that, GTA has always been one for me, except the huge disapointment of GTA 4.

As for Call of Duty, i think it will be a while before it can consider itself as being the best.

pokemon is a beast, the original pokemon were the best, now they brought in a load of new **** ones, absolutely awful

Hopefully we can get a moderator or Sean to edit the poll.

Need for Speed, The Sims, FIFA, Football Manager, Tom Clancy and Spyro will hopefully be added soon. That should be enough, the biggest ones are up there, any others will be considered but that should cover the best. Thanks for comments and votes, keep them coming and give us your thoughts!

I feel i should have played Final Fantasy now. oO)

Final Fantasy for sure, countless hours went towards XIII, IX and X in particular.

Loved my Blitzball team.

No votes for Resident Evil is a suprise, I loved some of those. :)

The story for Final Fantasy X is what made it a top quality Square game for me. The lack of a free-roaming World Map system (which could be found in its predecessors) took away a key element of exploration, in my opinion. The storyline though was the saving grace of the game, and the ending was rather emotional. :wub:

Some good additions for the poll there, FourFourTwo, but I'd still vote Final Fantasy. I'd say my collective hours spent on the FF series is possibly in the thousands mark (I've played all of them except for XI).