Best individual performance?

Alex

Andre Villas Boas <3
Reaction score
Relatively simple thread with a very self-explanatory title really. What's the best individual performance you have ever seen? It could be any player from any team from any period of time. There are a few which immediately spring to mind, for example Ronaldinho against a variety of teams, Ronaldo against United etc or even Maradona against England if you're from that Era! So tell me, what is the best individual performance you have ever seen?...

I'll get the ball rolling with a personal favourite of mine, for me it has to be:

Ronaldinho
Real Madrid V Barcelona
Bernabeu, 2005.

YouTube - Real Madrid 0 - Barça 3 Aplausos en el Bernabeu

A really incredible performance from the Brazilian, which at the time, strengthened his place at the summit of world football. When I watched this game I was just in awe. The performance, summed up by the applause of the Madrid faithful was for me, the best individual one I've seen in my lifetime that I can remember.

Despite this being my favourite, an honourable mention goes to:

Ronaldo (Real Madrid) V Manchester United: The best striker in my lifetime and certainly up there with the greats of all time, scored a memorable hat trick in the champions league at old trafford to send Madrid through to what I believe was the quarter final. Magical performance.

So tell me FM-Base, what has been your favourite?

Agreed with the OP most definitely, it was a magical performance.

Iniesta in the Champions League final vs United was also pretty special, I have to say.

Ronaldinho against Madrid at Bernabeu.
Ronaldo(Brazilian) against us at OT.
Roy Keane against Juve 99

Messi vs Arsenal.

/endthread

I'd disagree mate. Although he ran you lot ragged a lot of that was to do with the sheer quality and skill of the rest of the team as well. I don't dispute it wasn't an amazing performance, just Ronaldinho basically had to do it all on his own.

Agreed with the OP most definitely, it was a magical performance.

Iniesta in the Champions League final vs United was also pretty special, I have to say.

I forgot about that one, him and Xavi in tandem was just magical.

YouTube - THIERRY HENRY VS FULHAM 05/06 BY Matt

He putting in amazing performances against us all the time, can't find a youtube video of his hatrick against us though :(

Didn't realise this was best individual performance but this is probably one of the best I've seen at a live game.

Don't worry mate, Henry tore everyone a new one :(

Why ask question then? You could have said these are the best individual performances, agree ya *******, we would have said Aye,,

And then I gave my reasons. It's a discussion thread. If you don't like it, you know where the door is.

Faustino Asprilla
Newcastle United vs Barcelona
St James' Park, 17th Sept 1997

YouTube - Newcastle v Barcelona

Probably not the best performance, but considering the opposition and importance of the competition it was the first thing to come to mind. Shame he was consistently unimpressive apart from this game.

Fabregas vs everton first game of last season.. they beat us 6-1, fabregas was sensational that day

And then I gave my reasons. It's a discussion thread. If you don't like it, you know where the door is.

Lol relax. I was just pointing out what you have done.

Dietmar Hamman - Liverpool vs AC Milan Champions League Final 2005.

Single handedly tore them to shreds, his passing was superb. He was the reason we did what we did, even though Gerrard gets the fame from it. Playing against some of the best central midfielders in the business in Kaka and Pirlo [I think Gatusso played, correct me if I am wrong]. His main role was to keep Kaka quiet, and at times you wouldn't think he was on the pitch. Was a fantastic game in my eyes. You should rewatch it and look at what he did, much similar to Alonso and Kaka in the later CL tie with them.

Roy Keane's vs Juventus was another fantastic solo performance aswell as many of Ronaldinho's in particular the Real game in the OP.

fabianski v wigan last season

got wigan's M.O.M.

Messi Vs Arsenal = As you said Alex, he had alot of quality players beside him, but he had that something special and tormented every single arsenal player that night. Could have scored six, absolutly out of this world. Finishing was second to none, dribbling was, as ever, impeccable and he absolutly destroyed arsenal that night.

Zidane vs Bayer Leverkusen = Just dominated the game from start to finish. And not to mention that brilliant left footed volley.

Keane v Juventus
Yorke v Arsenal in the 6-1
Cole v Ipswich in the 9-0

Rivaldo vs Valencia - 2001

Last game of the season, Barcelona had to win to get into the Champions League.
They end up winning 3-2 thanks to a Rivaldo hat-trick.

This goal completed his hat-trick, one minute from time, to put them 4th in the league.

YouTube - rivaldo bicycle kick

Oh, and that goal also earned him the Golden Boot..not too shabby ay.

JDY I'd never seen that one before! That is an awesome display.