Best nationalities who have never won the World Cup

I could see the likes of Ghana or Ivory Coast challenging in Brazil although there is really only one team to win it there but as for Mexico they wont ever challenge in my opinion.

Mexico ihas always been a contender to semi/quarter finals, + they have a young talent rising in ManU. But yes, agree as Ghana is really strong, they have one of the best youth squads in the world imo

I would have hated to see Russia or Soviet Union win the World Cup. Just like USA with a good reason. Not a football country. Specially USA, as they don't even say football there :p

I thought Soviet Union were a big footballing region back in the days? I'm not all that sure on their history mind.
Wouldn't have been happy either, mind.

With USA, I remember my father being SO ****** at them hosting the World Cup, because it was obviously a media thing. :p

Brazil will win it in Brazil. It's pretty much a given.

Holland and Hungary are the two teams that should have won it but never did, and Spain up until this past World Cup.

With USA, I remember my father being SO ****** at them hosting the World Cup, because it was obviously a media thing. :p

1994 was actually a good world cup, except for the final Italy v Brazil was like watching grass grow :p

Portugal during Eusebio's days and in the last 4 years
Holland during Gullit's days and in the last 4 years

Interesting

Before 2010, I was so surprised that Spain had never been past the Quarter Finals in the WC, so I would have said them.

Holland twice. During Cruijff's days and during Van Basten's days. There's a difference of about 10 years between the two. Also Portugal when Eusebio played.

Scotland were the only team -until new Zealand-to go undefeated in the world cup so the deserve something for that but we will win it some day. Though we should have won it in the days we had Dalgliesh etc

i take your new zealand and scotland being the only teams to go out of the world cup without losing; and raise you the british virgin islands who are the only team to go out of the 2010 world cup without losing a single game including qualifiers.

Bulgaria in the USA WC 94!! Can't believe no one remembered this team. True underdogs playing superb football!!! Stoichkov (?!?!), Balakov, Ivanov and some others. Eventually lost the 3rd place playoff to the swedes, but they were a shattered team after missing the finals

Croatia in 1998... Freaking Thuram scored only 2 goals in his international career in semifinals

I was going to say Portugal but as you know someone clearly pointed it they had won it earlier in the thread :p

But seriously Portugal and Holland for sure.

Obviously Scotland!

great players such as

Kenny Dalglish
Dennis Law
Joe Jordan
Jim Baxter
Alan Hansen
Brian Mcclair
Davie Cooper
Charlie Nicholas
Jinky Johnstone
DON HUTCHINSON