Best nationalities who have never won the World Cup

England should have won it more times, The great big flops

England are over-rated, and there will never be an England squad as good as the one that did win the world cup. Not for a long time anyway.

Scotland did have a team good enough, but as usual, beat the big teams, and were rubbish against poor teams.

Egypt are quite a big shout as well, I think. They're been unbelievable recently, but when it comes to qualifying for the World Cup, they fall short.

Well, if it's the 'best nation' to never have won the world cup, it's the USA of course :p

In all seriousness though, to whoever said the 94 world cup sucked, it was the most profitable world cup in history. The US is a great venue for it...the only problem is how big it is (too much traveling to go to all the matches).

Bulgaria in 1994. We were stripped out of the final because of the ref...

1. Holland 70-74
2. Hungary 54
3. Russia 66
4. Portugal 66
5. Yugoslavia 94
6. Czechoslovakia 34
7. Croatia 98

Turkey 02 weren't too bad either.

Ireland in 2002. Seriously though, Held the Germans to a Draw and got knocked out on penalties against Spain. If Roy Keane had stayed and played it could have been so much better. Robbie Keane was excellent back then, Given was solid as a rock and around top 4 with newcastle. Damien Duff was on such great form he was one of Chelsea's biggest buys that year. Ian Harte was also solid apart from missing the penalty against Spain that would have won the game for us.

Portugal and Holland, I think this is a peaceful argument, altough the magic Hungary with Puskás and company should have won it too!

Ireland we had a great chance of winning it in 2002 like steve said and during the Jack Charlton era of Irish football especially in 1990 Jack as boss and quality players like Paul McGrath, Packie Bonner, Ronnie Whelan, Ray Houghton and more

portugal. though we say eusebio and i say kiddo eusebio is easily one of the best 5 footballers of all time and they could have won in 66 with better luck.

Maybe Ze Germans in 2010? I know they've won it before, but people seem to be posting specific teams like Holland 70-4 so I thought I'd chip in.

Spanish team was superb, but they got a lot of 1-0 wins and I thought the Germans were far more entertaining with their lightning-quick counter-attacks and general presence of Mesut Ozil.

northern ireland? one amazing player (you know who) and other decent ones such as sammy mccilroy, pat jennings, big norm whiteside and danny blanchflower!