Best of British... Making A Mark In South East England!

This looks really good mate. The Scotts have had some class managers over the years!

Will be following

They really have! I didn't realise how many until I started this story. English managers really haven't competed over the years unfortunately

Pre Season Roundup

Pre Season Roundup

Five friendlies and four wins, gotta be happy with that! The stand out result was probably the 4-2 win against West Brom U23s. A strong Hull side gave us a hiding, but that's probably to be expected from a team 3 leagues above us.

View attachment 75250

Pre Season Odds

We are predicted a 10th place finish by the media for the upcoming season and the bookies are giving 40-1 on us winning the title. Hartlepool and Leyton Orient are tipped to battle it out automatic promotion. Maidenhead United are clear favourites to go down.

View attachment 75249

Board Expectations

The board have sent me their expectations for the upcoming season. They're looking for a top half finish in the league, 1st round of the FA Cup and 4th round of the FA Trophy.

View attachment 75242

The Tactics

After using the pre season friendlies to tinker and play around with a few ideas, I've set up 3 formations we'll be kicking off the season with. Our starting formation will be a 4-3-2-1 with a flat 3 in central midfield. We'll tend to kick off every game with this and adapt it slightly depending on our opponents quality, formation and lineup.

View attachment 75248

I have setup a 'hold on' tactic to switch to towards the end of games when we are looking to hold on to a slim lead and see a game out, when the opposition is piling on the pressure.

View attachment 75247

Our third tactic is the contrast to the above. It's our 'go for it' tactic when we need a goal to either level up and win a game late on.

View attachment 75246

Last edited:
Transfer Update

Transfer Window Roundup

Although there is no official transfer window down in the National League and below, I thought I'd better provide an update on the transfer dealings we have had as we come to the end of the window for all the teams in the leagues above us...

View attachment 75172

Only 2 players have joined us so far, with me having a pretty large group of players already. I've not taken any rash decisions to get rid of anyone yet, preferring to adopt the approach that everyone should get an opportunity to show me what they can do first.

View attachment 75171

My first signing was Easah Suliman who joins us on a season long loan following the affiliation that was setup with Aston Villa. The 19 year old defender can cover at CB and RB and although he may not be a first team starter each week, he will certainly get plenty of opportunities to play this season with some busy months ahead.

View attachment 75170

My only permanent signing was full back Nick Arnold. He joins us from Aldershot for a fee of £24k. I'm looking to play very attacking from the full back positions with this club and Arnold is very strong in this area. He has an excellent work rate and determination to get up and down the pitch combined with really good crossing ability at this level.

View attachment 75169

Manchester City stole the headlines as usual with the biggest transfer of August, bringing in Dries Mertens from Napoli for a fee of £26.5 million. The only other big £20 mil + transfer was Weiser moving from Hertha to Liverpool.

August 2017 Update

It's been a tough opening to the season and to my career in football management as we kicked off the first 5 games without a win. However, we finished strongly with a couple of victories against local opposition to propel ourselves up for league into a respectable mid table position.

View attachment 75168

View attachment 75167

The Games...

View attachment 75166
View attachment 75165

We were set a tough task to kick off the season, inviting one of the league favourites Leyton Orient to Gander Green Lane. But we really held our own and played out a decent 0-0 draw to start the campaign.

View attachment 75164

View attachment 75163

Eastleigh were another side expected to finish in at least a playoff spot, so our first away game of the season was again a tough assignment. An awful backpass allowed Williamson in to score an easy goal to give them the lead. When Williamson fired in a second only 10 minutes into the 2nd half, we were in all sorts of trouble. We pushed forward in search of goals and got ourselves back in the game in the 83rd minute. We really piled on the pressure late in search of the equalizer but were unable to find it.

View attachment 75162

View attachment 75161

Our 3rd game of the season and yet another team expected to finish in the top 4 as we took on Tranmere Rovers. The scoreline was more down to poor defending from both sides, than good attacking. Disappointed not to get the win after having a man advantage for nearly a whole half, but also pleased to take a point away from home against one of the best sides in the league.

View attachment 75160

View attachment 75159

Finally we'd play a side that was predicted a mid table finish like ourselves. But we still went down to another defeat, despite having the better of most of the game. Two late lapses in concentration cost us today and we now had no win in the opening 4 games.

View attachment 75158

View attachment 75157

After a **** poor start, it was imperitave that we got a result here but it wasn't to be. Although we turned in a decent performance, we only managed another draw. No win in 5....won't be long before the fans are on my back!

View attachment 75156

View attachment 75155

Finally! Get in! In our 6th game of the season, we finally got a win under our belt! A hat trick from centre mid Kenny Davis and 1 from winger, Moses Emmanuel, bagged the points as we dominated Maidstone for a full 90 minutes.

View attachment 75154

View attachment 75153

We're on a roll now. Back to back wins! This time, inside forward Kieron Cadogan was the star of the show with 2 great goals!

Player of the Month

Kieron Cadogan
AML

Appearances: 6
Goals: 4
Assists: 1
Dribbles: 7
Average Rating: 7.75

A great start to the season for one of our star players.

He was also recognised this month with 2nd place in the National League Player of the Month...

View attachment 75148

Early Injury Issues

Not the ideal way to start the season with two of my first team players getting injured in the first ****** game!!

View attachment 75146

View attachment 75145

September Preview

September will see us play 5 games, 3 of which will be at home, so there is a real opportunity to kick on and get some more points on the board. We'll kick of against relegation candidates Maidenhead United. Gateshead and Woking have made very similar starts to the season as us. I'd say that at the end of September, we'll have more of an idea as to what to expect from this season.

View attachment 75147

Last edited:
September 2017 Update

September 2017 Update

We picked up in September where we left off in August. We'd just started to hit a bit of form towards the end of last month with back to back wins, and we kicked off September in the same vein quickly making it 4 wins on the bounce. A couple of away draws followed before finishing the month strong again with a couple of wins. An unbeaten month sees us shoot up the table and in the midst of playoff contention. We find ourselves 5th and now on an unbeaten run of 9 games. Things are looking up!

View attachment 75132

View attachment 75131

The Games...

View attachment 75130

An early penalty set us on our way to a good solid home win against relegation tipped Maidenhead.

View attachment 75129

Another solid home performance produced our 4th win in a row and the team is looking really good as they get to grips with my style of play. Good to see the lads show a bit of character and determination to come back from 1-0 down to pick up the win, which saw us move into the playoff spots.

View attachment 75128

At kick off, it was 6th vs 7th in the table. On the face of it, a very even game and a draw probably a fair result...dut disappointing from our side that we let a 2 goal lead slip, and gutted to concede with virtually the last kick of the game.

View attachment 75127

Woking were another side sitting mid table, just 2 points behind us before kick off. This was a game we deserved to win, just didn't take our chances on the day, but a decent performance away from home and a clean sheet as the defence played well.

View attachment 75126

After 2 draws away from home, we returned to Gander Green Lane where we had won our previous 3 home games. We kept that form going with our 4th straight win here against a decent Barrow side, as we took our chances better than them in a relatively close game. Aswad Thomas turned in a fantastic performance at left back breaking up attack after attack, with a 92% tackle ratio today and got a deserved man of the match.

View attachment 75125

We finished the month with an away day in Wales and a good performance too as we walked away with an excellent 2-0 win. Wrexham came into this game one place above us, but with this result we leapfrog them to 5th spot as they drop to 7th.

Player of the Month

Aswad Thomas
LB

Appearances: 5
Goals: 0
Assists: 0
Key Tackles: 5
Average Rating: 7.43

The left back has been in excellent form this month, looking solid defensively in every game. Consistently stopping the opponent's forward moves with pinpoint tackles and well timed interceptions.

View attachment 75124

I bagged 3rd place in the manager of the month award this month.

October Preview

Another 5 games coming up in October, three of which will be at home. Our toughest assignment is likely to be the away game at title favourites Hartlepool on the 21st. We'll also take on current league leaders Aldershot just 3 days after that game too, so it's important to pick up some points at home this month. I'm setting us a target of 9 points for the upcoming month.

View attachment 75123

October 2017 Review

October 2017 Update

Another fantastic month for us with just the one loss against league leaders Aldershot. We progressed to the first round of the FA Cup, overcoming Gosport County in the 4th qualifying round. Anyone who comes to watch us at the moment seems to be in for a treat with plenty of goals in our games....this month we have recorded a 7-2, 6-4, 3-5 and 4-2! Our continued good form has seen us continue to climb the table and now sit 2nd in the division, 4 points behind Aldershot.

View attachment 75093

View attachment 75092

The Games...

View attachment 75091

What a result! What a performance! I imagine this will go down as my biggest win for some time as it'll be tough to top it! Smashing 7 goals past any opponent is always massively satisfying and this was a cracking result! Moses Emmanuel scored a hat trick from the right side of the field, Nicky Bailey weighed in with 2 goals and an assist too, but the whole team deserves recognition today for our best performance of the campaign so far.

View attachment 75090

We followed up the emphatic win against Dover with another brilliant home performance and another 4-0 win, this time against 8th placed Fylde. Centre back, Liam Wakefield scored on only his 2nd appearance for the club to set us on our way, and bagged himself a man of the match award in the process.

View attachment 75089

The journey begins here in the FA Cup as we see ourselves through the 4th qualifying round against Gosport. I took the opportunity to rest some players which looked like it might backfire when they took the lead, but we fought back and got the victory to progress to the 1st round.

View attachment 75088

Hartlepool were pre season favourites to win the title so we was expecting a tough away game here. And what a game it was as we take the 3 points with a 6-4 win. A great day out for the fans with a very entertaining game. Think we stepped off the gas a bit in the 2nd half as we were 4-0 up at half time....I'll keep an eye on that in future, but overall I'm happy as this us an excellent result! Kieron Cadogan became the third player under my management to score a hat trick this season.

View attachment 75087

F*cking unbelievable! We were 3-0 up at half time and cruising and we end up losing 5-3! To say the lads got the bollocking of a lifetime after the game is an understatement. I was f*cking livid!

View attachment 75086

Following the disappointment of the Aldershot result, it was important that we bounced straight back with a win here. A good performance going forward, although 3 of our goals actually came from centre backs today! Defensively, still looking vulnerable as we have now conceded 11 in the last 3 games.

Record Breakers

View attachment 75085

View attachment 75084

Player of the Month

Kieron Cadogan
AML

Goals: 6
Assists: 4
Key Passes: 11
Average Rating: 8.17

Cadogan was literally at the heart of everything going forward this month contributing to 10 goals across the 6 fixtures! This lad is a serious talent at this level and I hope I can keep hold of him in January when I can see some bigger teams come sniffing around him.

Sutton United Dominate The Monthly Awards

The league's monthly awards this month saw me pick up my first ever manager of the month. Also, the player of the month saw 3 of our players take 1st, 2nd and 3rd place....Kieron Cadogan, Jamie Collins and Moses Emmanuel. Finally, striker Tommy Wright bagged 2nd place in the young player of the month.

View attachment 75082

View attachment 75081

View attachment 75080

FA Cup Draw

Following this month's victory against Gosport County, we were entered in the hat for the 1st round draw. We've been handed an away tie against Vanarama National League South side Welling. Certainly a winnable game for us! Days after the draw we were handed further good news that the game will be televised and we're set to receive a cash windfall of £70k!

View attachment 75078

View attachment 75077

Transfer News

1 in, 1 out this month. My scouting team came to me with a highly recommended player from the league below. Liam Wakefield was playing for Boston and was on a pay as you play contract, meaning I could pick him up for no fee. After detailed scouting and the fact they came back and actually said he was of League Two standard, I wasted no time in snapping up the centre back/full back on a free transfer immediately.

View attachment 75076

As Wakfield joins the club, 35 year old centre back Simon Downer is released on a free transfer as I don't envisage him getting any football here at all this year. I release him hoping that he may be able to find himself a club and get some first team football at a lower level before retiring.

View attachment 75075

November Preview

We start with the 1st round of the FA Cup against local side Welling. We'll follow that up with 4 games in the league, with a good opportunity to get some more wins on the board against opposition further down the league. Only Torquay are currently sitting in the top half from next month's opposition at the moment.

View attachment 75079

Last edited:
November 2017 Update

November 2017 Update

A slight dip in form this month as we suffered a loss and dropped points with a couple of draws too. But despite that, we maintain 2nd position in the table, although it seems Aldershot are running away with it a little at the half way stage. November also saw us progress into the 2nd round of the FA Cup and the draw was made for the 1st round of the FA Trophy.

View attachment 75056

View attachment 75055

The Games...

View attachment 75054

Although in the league below us, Welling wasn't a team I was going to take lightly. They were 4th in their division and had only lost 4 games all season so far. They also had one of the best attacks in that league, so knew how to find the back of the net. We had to work hard for it but ground out a 2-1 victory to progress to round 2. Let's hope we get a decent draw and another televised game.

View attachment 75053

I wasn't expecting this to be such a close game with Solihull Moors rooted to the bottom of the table. But to be fair to our opponents, they matched us in every department today and were good value for the draw. Disappointing result from our point of view though as we continue to leak goals in the league.

View attachment 75052

Back at home and back to winning ways in the league. Pure domination from start to finish and 3-0 could easily have been 5 or 6. Pleased to get a clean sheet under out belts after conceding so many goals in the last few games.

View attachment 75051

At kick off this game saw 2nd vs 3rd in the table. As you'd expect, it was a pretty tight game as both teams shared the points. We had to come from behind a couple of times in this game, so I'm pleased with the lads efforts to fight back more than once.

View attachment 75050

A poor result as we lose to 15th placed Guiseley. They defended well but we lacked creativity going forward, looking one dimensional and low on ideas of how to break them down.

View attachment 75049

When Eastleigh had Mark Yeates sent off in only the 15th minute, I saw an opportunity for us to really push on and get a big win. But instead, we struggled to find the net despite creating a **** load of chances. We did bang in 2 goals late on to secure the 3 points, but certainly left it later than I was comfortable with.

Player of the Month

Dan Spence
LB/RB

Goals: 0
Assists: 3
Key Tackles: 7
Average Rating: 7.84

Spence has been brilliant at full back this month, covering both sides of the pitch when required. He has chipped in with great attacking play with 3 assists in 5 games.

Cup Draws

After we beat Welling in the 1st round of the FA Cup this month, we were entered in the draw for Round 2. I was hoping for a home draw against a large team to bring some fans into the ground.... I got the large team in Blackburn Rovers but unfortunately an away draw. Although it will be good for the lads to play at Ewood Park, this is going to be a very tough fixture to overcome and progress in the competition.

View attachment 75047

The first round of the FA Trophy was also drawn this month. Again, we were given an away tie, against Hungerford Town, who are currently sitting 6th in the Vanarama National League South.

View attachment 75046

December Preview

A couple of cup games coming up this month with the FA Cup 2nd round against Blackburn and the FA Trophy 1st round against Hungerford Town. On top of that, we'll also play 4 league games including Orient, Tranmere and Macclesfield, all teams we failed to beat at the start of the season.

View attachment 75048

December 2017 Update

December 2017 Update

We suffered an expected loss in the FA Cup to Blackburn, but earned an expected win in the FA Trophy against Hungerford Town which sees us progress to the 2nd round. As far as the league goes, we did well this month with 3 wins and a draw. I was a bit apprehensive going into the league fixtures this month as we had failed to get results against Orient, Tranmere and Macclesfield at the start of the season, so to come through dropping points in only one game shows just how far we've come since August! Despite our good month, we still dropped from 2nd to 3rd as Torquay are absolutely flying and record a win in every game to jump above us.

View attachment 75017

View attachment 75016

The Games...

View attachment 75015

Pretty much outclassed by our higher league opposition, as we crash out of the FA Cup at the 2nd round stage.

View attachment 75014

Twice we gave away penalties to allow Orient to go in front. But twice we fought back and got ourselves level at Brisbane Road, before scoring a late winner with only 5 minutes to go! Cracking result!

View attachment 75013

A comfortable win against the team from the league below. We advance to round 2 of the competition with relative ease.

View attachment 75012

Tranmere are easily the underachievers of the season so far. They were predicted to be in the running for the title, almost guaranteed a playoff spot, but instead they find themselves in 20th position and facing a relegation battle. They gave us a good game, but Tommy Wright's second hat trick of the season was enough to grab us all 3 points and pile the misery on Tranmere.

View attachment 75011

A Boxing Day draw in front of only 576 fans who turned out to see this one! Plenty of action for the fans that did turn up, 4 goals, own goals, missed penalties.

View attachment 75010

At kick off, this was 4th against 3rd, and Macclesfield came into the game in 1st place in the form table, so we had a tough task on our hands away from home. But we overcame it and grabbed ourselves a massive away win in the last game of 2017.

Player of the Month

Tommy Wright
ST

Appearances: 6 (1 as sub)
Goals: 6
Shots on Target: 15
Average Rating: 7.52

Tommy has really made a case for himself over the first half of the season to win the National League golden boot. This month was no different as he was in excellent goalscoring form.

He was also recognised this month by the league, winning both Player of the Month and Young Player of the Month awards...

View attachment 75009

View attachment 75008

FA Trophy Draw

Following the victory of Hungerford Town, we progress to the 2nd round of the FA Trophy where we will go to Gloucester City, who currently sit 17th in the National League South.

View attachment 75006

January Preview

Four league games in January will kick off with a game against Boreham Wood who we recorded a 2-2 draw with only a week ago on Boxing Day. Gateshead and Dagenham both find themselves involved in the battle to make the playoffs so they'll be two big games this month. In amongst that we play Gloucester in the FA Trophy 2nd round.

View attachment 75007

You're doing fantastically well with Sutton, definitely can't complain. They're a nice little club too! I like the idea of the career too, something fresh and different plus the aspect of asking for your starting club was a good touch too. I'm following from now mate!

You're doing fantastically well with Sutton, definitely can't complain. They're a nice little club too! I like the idea of the career too, something fresh and different plus the aspect of asking for your starting club was a good touch too. I'm following from now mate!

Cheers mate! Must admit I never expected to be in with a solid chance of playoffs in my first season so I'm pleased so far :)

January 2018 Update

January 2018 Update

We started and ended the month with victories, but our form took a dip in between with three league defeats in a row, including losses to Dag & Red and Gateshead who are both in the chase for playoff spots alongside us. We did progress to the 3rd round of the FA Trophy. Despite the dip in form, we have maintained 3rd place in the league, with Torquay continuing their good form and moving into top spot above Aldershot. Solihull Moors look to be in real trouble at the bottom of the table.

View attachment 74930

View attachment 74929

The Games...

View attachment 74928

Only 6 days earlier had we drawn 2-2 with Boreham Wood on Boxing Day. But it was a different story with us having home advantage. A much more dominant performance and a comfortable 2-0 victory to kick off 2018.

View attachment 74927

Gateshead came into this game right in the middle of a the playoff mix, and with the best defence in the league. That was proven throughout the game as we piled on the pressure throughout the 90 minutes, ramping it up in the 2nd half in search of the equalizer, which finally came late on and seemed to have rescued us a draw. Only for them to hit straight back with a direct free kick fired straight into the bottom corner. A tough defeat to take this one!

View attachment 74926

We progress to the 3rd round following a hard fought victory. We left it late to score the two goals to seal the win and the scoreline probably flattered us a little bit.

View attachment 74925

Back to back defeats in the league for the first time this season as we lose to playoff candidates Dagenham & Redbridge.

View attachment 74924

Time to panic? 3 defeats in a row now and only 1 goal scored in the last 3 league games...Certainly in the middle of a mid season dip in form!

View attachment 74923

After our recent dip in form, it was really important to get this win and hopefully put a few bad results behind us. We left it late to get the goal but the win was thoroughly deserved as we'd been the much better side throughout. The stats give an impression that Woking were more in the game than they were as virtually all of their 10 shots were speculative long range efforts that never troubled Ross Worner in our goal.

Player of the Month

Craig Eastmond
CM

Goals: 2
Assists: 0
Key Passes: 13
Average Rating: 7.48

Craig has played really well this month, chipping in with a couple of goals and creating plenty of chances going forward too. Unfortunately, he didn't get any assists as our strikers have been a little out of sorts this month and haven't managed to put many chances away.

FA Trophy Draw

As we progressed to round 3 of the FA Trophy, we were given an away draw against Guiseley, who have already managed to beat us 1-0 in the league this year.

View attachment 74922

New Contract For Star Man Cadogan

Kieron Cadogan has been in superb form all season and I wanted to ensure I tied him down to a new deal ASAP. I'm delighted that he has signed a new 2 year deal with us this month.

View attachment 74921

English Transfer Window Roundup

Chelsea secured the biggest transfer of the January window with the signing of Alex Grimaldo from Benfica for a fee of £42 million. Edin Dzeko returned to the Premiership with a move to Spurs for £27.5 million. FC Porto sold two of their key players as Ricardo Pereira joined Arsenal and Miguel Layun joined Manchester United. Surprised to see no signing for oil rich Manchester City during this window. But saying that, they are 8 points clear at the top of the Premiership, so I guess they don't need to make any changes at present.

View attachment 74920

February Preview

We start with the FA Trophy 3rd round game against Guiseley before 4 games in the league next month. We then finish the month against them as well in the league. Top of the table Torquay away will without doubt be our toughest game of the month, with them absolutely flying at the moment.

View attachment 74919

Going well mate. Playoffs and maybe a visit to Wembley in the FA Trophy. Can't complain about that

February 2018 Update

February 2018 Update

A good month in the league saw us win 3 of our 4 matches, with the other resulting in a loss to top of the league Torquay. We stay 3rd in the table and are really making a strong case for at least a playoff spot. We need to be focusing on top 3 now as 2nd and 3rd place go straight to the semi finals of the playoffs....3rd to 7th have to play an extra round against each other. Torquay sit 8 points clear at the top and Solihull Moors look all but relegated at the bottom. It looks like the playoff places are likely to be between the teams currently in 2nd and 8th, with one team set to miss out. Unfortunately, we don't progress in the FA Trophy as we were knocked out by Guiseley.

View attachment 74918

View attachment 74917

The Games...

View attachment 74916

Despite being the better side for majority of the match, we go down 2-0 to Guiseley and crash out of the FA Trophy at the 3rd round stage. The board won't be happy as they expected at least 4th round progress in this cup, and to be honest I'm not happy either as I genuinely thought this was a trophy I could win in my first season!

View attachment 74915

Dover were struggling down in the relegation places coming into this game. It looked like we'd handed them a perfect start when we gave away a silly penalty in the 17th minute, only for Ryan Bird to step up and hit the ball straight down the middle at our keeper who made the easy save. Easah Suliman then gave us the lead with possibly the best header I've seen all season. We secured the 3 points with a second half strike from Moses Emamanuel, rounding off an excellent passing move involving 7 players.

View attachment 74914

Wrexham were 7th coming into this and are right in the playoff mix, so this was a really good solid home win! Kenny Davis was the star of the show with 2 absolute crackers from outside the box.

View attachment 74913

As this kicked off, it was a top of the table clash between 1st and 2nd. Torquay started the match 8 points ahead of us and a win for them would surely make them odds on with the bookies to win the title. And within 4 minutes, they were in front mainly because of an awful goalkeeping error from Ross Worner. And that turned out to be the platform for Torquay to pretty much tear us apart for a whole 90 minutes. They were on another level...defensively we were awful. A disappointing showing from my lads in a big game.

View attachment 74912

Guiseley had already turned us over twice this season in league and cup, but with home advantage for the first time, I was expecting us to stop the rut. And we did exactly that, with a very good performance all round. More possession, a lot more chances and the clearer better chances throughout the match too. A comfortable 3-1 victory, a good way to bounce straight back from the Torquay result.

Player of the Month

_90674493_rexfeatures_5611346c.jpg

Easah Suliman
CB

Goals: 1
Key Tackles: 11
Average Rating: 7.32

Other than the Torquay result, we've been pretty good defensively this month with 2 clean sheets and Suliman has been at the heart of the defence and a big contributor to that. He has also chipped in with a goal and an assist from his centre back role.

Suliman was also recognised in the league awards this month with 3rd place in the National League Player of the Month.

View attachment 74909

Manager of the Month

For the 2nd time this season, I have been awarded the manager of the month award.

View attachment 74911

March Preview

March looks like it could potentially be a promising month as we only play 1 side in the top half of the table. Solihull Moors and Maidstone are both fighting against relegation so will certainly put up a fight but should be games we are winning.

View attachment 74910

Going well mate. Playoffs and maybe a visit to Wembley in the FA Trophy. Can't complain about that

Unfortunately out of the FA Trophy now, but yea playoffs looking like a real possibility. Just gotta aim at that 2nd and 3rd spot as that gets you straight into the semi finals of the playoffs

A bit of a rocky month there but Barrow are an incredibly difficult team to beat ;).

Yea, glad we pulled it back the month after and I won the manager of the month in feb. Good character from the team and gets us back on track to secure a playoff place!

Much better month there, really surprised to see Torquay absolutely storming the league in all fairness. Playoffs are surely yours now though.

Much better month there, really surprised to see Torquay absolutely storming the league in all fairness. Playoffs are surely yours now though.

Yea I was too, they were predicted a 15th place finish, but are blowing everyone away. Hoping they will crumble under the pressure over the last few games but would need to go on a disastrous run to throw it away now I think.

Hartlepool and Leyton Orient having terrible seasons by their standards, looking likely that both won't even make the playoffs.

March 2018 Update

March 2018 Update

An unbeaten month as we win 3 and draw 2 in the league. Exactly what we needed as we make the final push to secure a top 3 finish, and we have moved up into 2nd and now 4 points clear of Gateshead in 4th. We're still 8 points off Torquay at the top though and with 5 games left it's definitely their title to lose - they secured their playoff spot this month. Solihull Moors inevitable relegation was confirmed with Bromley and Dover's fate looks all but sealed too. Still can't believe Tranmere could be relegated! Hartlepool have strung together some good results and have put themselves in contention for a playoff place.

View attachment 74897

View attachment 74896

View attachment 74885

The Games...

View attachment 74895

Halifax came into this game bottom of the form table, whilst we were sitting right at the very top of it. But the result didn't reflect the form book as we laboured to a 1-1 draw. Disappointing to concede the equalizer with one of the last kicks of the game.

View attachment 74894

It was all over by half time in this one as we found ourselves 4-0 up going into the break. The lads stepped their foot off the gas in the 2nd half and we conceded 2 silly goals, but overall a good win, albeit expected against the bottom side who have now conceded 90 goals this season!!

View attachment 74893

A really poor result against one of our local teams. Really should have won this against a Maidstone side who pick up a valuable point in their fight against relegation.

View attachment 74892

Another decent performance at home against a mid table side results in another good win. Hudson-Odoi might fill the void left behind by the injury to Tommy Wright if he can keep up that goalscoring form to the end of the season.

View attachment 74891

We finish the month with a strong away showing at Maidenhead and a 2-0 win. Hudson-Odoi on the scoresheet again and is maybe making me wonder why this lad hasn't been playing all season.

Player of the Month

Kieron Cadogan
AML

Goals: 4
Assists: 2
Key Passes: 9
Average Rating: 7.64

Kieron had a quiet January and February, but he sprung back into life this month and recaptured his form from the first half of the season. 4 goals and 2 assists in 5 games, exactly the sort of return I'm looking for from my star man.

Cadogan was also recognised by the league this month, named as the National League Player of the Month. Bradley Hudson-Odoi was named in 3rd place.

View attachment 74887

Tommy Wright To Miss Remainder of Season

Striker Tommy Wright picked up a hernia injury that will see him miss the rest of the season. I feel for the lad as he was in with a real chance of winning the golden boot.

View attachment 74884

Burton Albion Link For Ball

I was linked with the vacant Burton Albion post this month. I ensured that the media were clear on my stance on the position. I would not be relocating to the midlands and was extremely happy in my current role at Sutton United. This should be enough to put their board off approaching me.

View attachment 74883

Ipswich Town Lift Carabao Cup

Ipswich have won this season's league cup, coming out on top in an all Championship final against Middlesboro. In a match that saw Middlesbrough see more of the ball and create double the amount of chances as Ipswich, it was the Tractor Boys that came out on top during extra time, with Joe Garner scoring the only goal of the game.

View attachment 74886

April Preview

We'll finish the regular season next month with the final 5 games. We start against relegation threatened Bromley, before going away to mid table Fylde. We then finish the season with a tough run against Hartlepool, Ebbsfleet and Aldershot, all teams in the playoff running.

View attachment 74882