Best tactic for scoring goals from corner..

dhinaraj

Reaction score
Anyone got any tactics for scoring goals from corners??

make ur cb's attack near post when it a corner.

AIM: near post
2 players -> stay back
7 players -> lurk outside area
1 player -> attack near post

I've always had someone attack far post. That's how I get most of my goals. But that might be going back to the "cheat" on the older patch.

P.S. It's not a cheat.

Sign bocchetti and stick him in the box.
He's scored 19 goals this season for me and around 10 for Italy.

Guys, i actually tried with @tonycro's tactics with my spurs save.. Bassong scored like 31 goals..

In-swinging corner to the front post, your best header of the ball attacks the front post every time. It's amazing the amount of space there is.

I find the corner taker doesn't have to have amazing stat's but as long as a right footer takes from left and vice versa.

Aim far post and add your CB there.
Have 1 guy at near post, 1 with the keeper and the scorer at far post. Just check the pic and see what you can get!

View attachment 189064

Your CB is a scoring machine...

Aim: 6 yard box
Good Headers: 1 'stand at far post' the other 'attack far post'
The strongest player: Challenge keeper
Good Finishing: attack near post <this one scores occasionally, and the way I see it, he always scores using their foot not head>
Full backs: always stack back
Good long shots: Attack ball from deep
The rest put 'Lurk outside'

Been using this and works like a charm..

I was confused on how TonyCRO's corner tactic would work but WOW <br>I'm charlton in my season and I have Doherty at centre back who is now my top goal scorer after 17 games with 14 goals <br>Great tactic TonyCRO im glad you shared it with us

I was confused on how TonyCRO's corner tactic would work but WOW <br>I'm charlton in my season and I have Doherty at centre back who is now my top goal scorer after 17 games with 14 goals <br>Great tactic TonyCRO im glad you shared it with us
Do you have a link to his corner tactic because i can't find it?

and why not?

It's clearly explained that the only role to which you can only set one player to is the "Attack Near Post" role. Then another 7 players lurking outside.

Unless you wanted to ask "Can I set only one player to lurk outside the area?", that would be different and I would assume you're not english and therefore couldn't make your question clear. No problem with that :)

But I think it wouldn't work the same way because the intention of leaving 7 players lurking outside the area is to distract the opposition defence from the guy that will attack the Near Post. Not sure though, I'll have to test it

Last edited:
It's clearly explained that the only role to which you can only set one player to is the "Attack Near Post" role. Then another 7 players lurking outside.

Unless you wanted to ask "Can I set only one player to lurk outside the area?", that would be different and I would assume you're not english and therefore couldn't make your question clear. No problem with that :)

But I think it wouldn't work the same way because the intention of leaving 7 players lurking outside the area is to distract the opposition defence from the guy that will attack the Near Post. Not sure though, I'll have to test it

no i am in fact not English, i am Irish.. my basic speak is because i want to quickly fix my corner problem, sorry for not using proper enough English.

In my game i only want to set one player to the near post which is fine. However i cannot set more than one player to lurk outside the box. Have you been able to do this?

Yea, I know what is your problem. CLick on PITCH and on the left side choose where do you want your player to aim. Choose "Near post", then above players list you have drop menu "View", click and choose Attacking corner and this should work. Maybe you wont be able to select some positions, but then click again on View->Attacking corners.

Most important is to NOT use Set-pieces wizard!!!!. It wont work.

Yea, I know what is your problem. CLick on PITCH and on the left side choose where do you want your player to aim. Choose "Near post", then above players list you have drop menu "View", click and choose Attacking corner and this should work. Maybe you wont be able to select some positions, but then click again on View->Attacking corners.

Most important is to NOT use Set-pieces wizard!!!!. It wont work.

I set it up just as you said in this way but still i find only one of my players lurk outside box and others go in and using this. When a corner is taken with my team i line up like this.

View attachment 193261