• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 6K

Best business?

• Total voters
ady, reli a world class striker, for 25million is a gr8 deal

It was a good deal for both parties

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

I voted Kranjcar

It was a good deal for both parties

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

I voted Kranjcar

Well, when the owner of Man City is THAT rich then it was XD

He was unhappy and not scoring much, so 25 million was good for him

still if he scores, 30 goals for city and they finish 4th whilst arsenal finish 5th, he would of cost arsenal the extra 30million for no champions league

still if he scores, 30 goals for city and they finish 4th whilst arsenal finish 5th, he would of cost arsenal the extra 30million for no champions league

1 Player doesn't make the team, if he gets 30 goals then it is mostly because he is getting good backup.

Most people seem to be interpreting this thread as best signings not 'best business'. I think the best business of the window is Everton selling lescott for £24m, I also think that Totteham selling Kevin Prince Boateng for £4m to Portsmouth and getting Kranjcar for £2m is a great piece of business as well. Although I don't agree that Portsmouth were 'ripped off', Kranjcar's contract runs out next summer and he made it clear to the club that he wouldn't be signing a new contract, so it was sell him now or risk losing him on a free.

Very annoyed that our 2 million pound new addition didn't make it into the starting XI today, given his Croatian compatriot's absence.

Playing Keane on the wing was a big mistake, Harry. Give Kranjcar or Dos Santos a game, would you?

Kranjcar was a steal!
but i do think there is a lot behind the scenes that got that price, with Harry fiddling about.

Vermaelen at £9.5m is a steal, this guy is freakishly good.

Definately Kranjcar. For £2.5 million it's an abosulute steal! He could easily play for one of the top 4; especially Liverpool, as we're lacking someone with a bit of creativity atm. Although i'd also say Arsenal have done well with Vermaelen.

Niko Kranjcar is a steal havent got a clue why portsmouth didnt ask for more. Vermaelen is a good shout also time after time hes saved Arsenal our best defender.

Vermaelen tho.

Richard Dunne, honestly im disgusted that mark hughes offloaded him, dunne was absolutely fantastic for us, he stuck with us and rejected a move to portsmouth a few years back, whereas distin and james just left, hes a much better backup than some of the options we have now and i think he would have been happy with a bench or rotation slot, now we have toure out and we need him!!

Niko Kranjcar is a steal havent got a clue why portsmouth didnt ask for more. Vermaelen is a good shout also time after time hes saved Arsenal our best defender.

Vermaelen tho.

Nikos contract was up at the end off this season so its one off them get something now or risk getting nothing and still loosing him. And i live in portsmouth so watch alot off their games and niko was shocking so lazy and looked miles off being a decent player.

No shouts for Matías Fernández? £3.5m from Villarreal to Sporting. Great deal for Sporting, don't know what Villarreal were thinking.

Richard Dunne, honestly im disgusted that mark hughes offloaded him, dunne was absolutely fantastic for us, he stuck with us and rejected a move to portsmouth a few years back, whereas distin and james just left, hes a much better backup than some of the options we have now and i think he would have been happy with a bench or rotation slot, now we have toure out and we need him!!

Are you sure? I'd much rather be at Villa, playing for the first team, than at City who aren't doing much better than Villa now. He may have spent 9 years at you, but I'd rather be at a club challenging for a Champions League spot, and playing games, than sitting on a bench. (H)

Back