Reaction score
Evening all. Downloaded the BETA and spent pretty much of all day yesterday playing. I'm absolutely in love with this years iteration of Football Manager and conciser it a huge improvement over what was already a fantastic game in FM14.

Along with Bug testing, I decided that I would do a short term save in a league that I don't often visit:
Liga BBVA Bancomer MX.

Everyone is doing a save in England, so I'll do one in America.
That way, SI get bugs or mistakes from the Mexican league
and the Americas Continental Competition.

So without further ado.
Welcome to Mexico
View attachment 332942

View attachment 332939
Pumas play their home games in the U.N.A.M. owned Estadio Olympico Universitario.
Built in 1952, this famous ground hosted the 1953 Summer Olympic Games. During the
50s and the 60s this stadium was used mostly for college American football matches
between the largest Mexican public universities: U.N.A.M. and I.P.N..

From the late 1950s it was used for football matches, some American football matches
and athletics contests. It was named by Frank Lloyd Wright
"the most important building in the modern America".

View attachment 332938
Name: Estadio Olímpico Universitario
Capacity: 72,449
Condition: Very Good
Surface: Grass
Dimensions: 105m x 68m

View attachment 332928
Goalkeeping
View attachment 332936View attachment 332937
Alejandro Palacios is a solid No.1 with over 185 league apperences. Despite never having won a
Mexican cap, I feel very safe in his hands and should retire right about the time Magana
is ready fro first team football.

Defence
View attachment 332935View attachment 332934
The first thing I noticed is that there is an alarming lack of height; rendering a deep defensive line pointless.
Thankfully all my defenders have decent anticipation and positioning and pace meaning that a high line will
be possible in a 2 or 3 man defensive system.

Midfield
View attachment 332933View attachment 332932
There is a mixture of youth an experience in this midfield which should provide good balance. The high
Workrate and Team Work stands out to me immediately. They are a very composed group of players
though not overly determined. I'll need to play aggressivly as I'm not sure this squad is determined
enough to come back form going 1 or 2 goals behind.

Forwards
View attachment 332931View attachment 332930
Workrate in strikers is a beautiful thing! Deep lying forwards will be fairly effective considering the high
workrate of my midfield. Good off the ball, anticipation and pace means they are quick, agile strikers who
give their all for the team.

Squad evaluation
View attachment 332929
Only 6 of my first team squad is 6'0" or over, meaning I'm going to have to squeeze the midfield,
play short fast passes and have Palaciol play as a sweeper t avoid balls being put over the top into space.
His high Work rate (14), acceleration (13), pace (13) and decisions (14) will more than help him excel in that role.

A lot of my team lack Strength; 15 players have a strength of 10 or lower, meaning I'm going to have to avoid taking the ball into contact. Quick passes into space to go with my players good pace and off the ball attributes.

View attachment 332925

The Club organized a pre-season training Camp in Madrid. Personally, I think they were just looking for an excuse
to visit Spain for a few weeks. Either way, I organized two friendlies against two armature Spanish sides.

These Spanish friendlies were designed not to be too taxing and to allow pre-season training to be
the main focus. I don't want to risk injuries before the squad is in a reasonable condition.

Next, a pre-seaosn tour of the United States is on the Cards, having scheduled fixtures against
Chicago, Portland and San Jose. These fixtures will let me see the squad in a competitive setting.
The MLS is not far behind La Liga MX so these games should be an eye opener for me.

And then, just before the season starts, we have our seasonal match against Puma Naucalpan (B Team).
This can often be a huge game for the guys in the U21's and U18 as they will get the chance to face the
senior squad and, if they do well, maybe even win a place in the squad for the coming season.

View attachment 332924

View attachment 332923The Fixture list for the first stage of Liga BBVA Bancomer MX are out now.

View attachment 332922

We play the Derby against América at home but away games against
Cruz Azul, Chivas and Tigres means it won't be easy to finish 2014 with silverware.

Wow, this is looking good! Keep them coming mate.

View attachment 332822

The training camp went well. Better than I could have expected as
I saw what my team could do when allowed to dominate.

View attachment 332812
C.D. Fortuna vs Puma UNAM

View attachment 332811
Salamanca AC vs Puma UNAM

View attachment 332810

These were never going to be tough games. More to let me see what they were
capable of, rather than testing them under pressure.

View attachment 332805

View attachment 332804
View attachment 332803
A hard fought draw and credit has to go to Chicago for battling until the end. I thought I had
it won but Peet's 85th minute goal level the contest.

View attachment 332802
View attachment 332801
An early flury gave us a 2-0 lead but I was disappointed we couldn't extend it.
Portland's Quimby capitalized on space down the Left and put away a great chance!

View attachment 332800
View attachment 332798
We responded well to going behind and secured the win 9 minutes from time. San Jose
bossed us around in the first half, their strength was difficult to deal with but as they tired, the skill
and pace of the Mexican side helped me get on top.

View attachment 332755
I've settled on my tactical system and First XI

View attachment 332754
Goalkeeper
Name
App
CS
Saves
GK: Alejandro Palacios5(1)314

Center Backs
Name
Apps
Goals
Av Rat
LCB: Darío Verón5(1)17.35
RCB: José García5(1)07.15
CB: Aarón Sandoval1(3)17028

Midfield

NameAppGoals
Av Rat
RM: Martín Romangnoll5538.14
CM: David Cadrera6017.45
CM: Leandro Agusto5(1)007.33
LM: Erik Vera4(1)127.28

Forwards
Name
App
Goals
Av Rat
ACM: Daniel Luduena5(1)947.83
STCR: Eduardo Herrera2(2)608.03
STCL: Matías Britos5(1)267.60

View attachment 332741View attachment 332740

Brilliant lay out! Mexican league looks like it could be a good shout! Never been their before but looks great!

Will your main story be based in these sort of leagues? Will deffo be following.

View attachment 332621View attachment 332617July and August produced some fine results. The most proud of which I
am is the 4-0 demolition of América.

View attachment 332622

View attachment 332611View attachment 332616View attachment 332615View attachment 332614

View attachment 332613
View attachment 332612

View attachment 332617View attachment 332610
Our League form has been sensational, undefeated in our opening 7 games while
keeping 5 clean sheets. I've set this team up to be very difficult to break down
but potent when going forward.

Mexican Cup
View attachment 332609
An opening round defeat to Cup holders Morelia was a blemish on an
all but perfect start to the cup: conceding only one goal.

Now that I'm at the halfway stage, this cup gets interesting. In the return fixture; whoever wins
the aggregated scoreline of the two matches win an extra bonus point. Meaning a 2-0 win over Morelia
is worth 4pts to me.

Squad Stats

View attachment 332579

Last edited:
Brilliant lay out! Mexican league looks like it could be a good shout! Never been their before but looks great!

Will your main story be based in these sort of leagues? Will deffo be following.

Cheers mate.

I'm planning a story with Villarreal a week or two after the Full Version comes out but, like last year, my main story is going to be a a Liverpool Save. I may change my mind though, the Mexican League is very very fun. High standard of football (easily championship if not low Premiership) with great stadiums. They have a great youth intake value and with America just up north, sponsorship deals could see a lot of money come into the league.

These graphics make me very, very happy.

Great start

I do love me photoshop!!! :)
Cheer mate.

Wow, great layout on this mate! I'm looking forward to your main story but this one shows mine up in terms of presentation haha. Good luck mate and like I said, great read so far :)

Wow, great layout on this mate! I'm looking forward to your main story but this one shows mine up in terms of presentation haha. Good luck mate and like I said, great read so far :)

Haha, cheers for complimenting the presentation. I love a story that looks good so I spend a lot of time thinking of what pictures and stuff I can use :)