View attachment 332548

A huge clash at the Estadio Olímpico Univeritario to decide who takes
control of Group G.

View attachment 332547

Holders Morelia go into the fixture 1-0 up on Aggregate, having scored the only
goal of the game at home two weeks ago. However, winning this tie will
be a mammoth undertaking as Pumas have been in scintillating form at home:
Scoring 11 goals in 5 games, having conceded once all season. This game
has the makings of a classic written all over it.

View attachment 332546
The winner on aggregated will earn a bonus point.
Will Morelia take a 5 point lead or will they slip 3 points behind Pumas UNAM?

With At.San Luis closing in behind them, 2nd place may not
be a secure consolation prize.

View attachment 332515
View attachment 332514
View attachment 332513
To be honest. I'm throughly embarrassed by this. As a club, we have a strong tradition of
giving youth a chance and promoting from within. I'll always look to the academe before I
look the the market. In response to this, I've arranged a meeting with the board to ask them
to invest more money into youth coaching. Given our stature in the Domestic game, it's frankly
unacceptable to not be on this list.

View attachment 332512

View attachment 332491

View attachment 332487
High flying Chivas youngster, Carlos Fierro has once again hit the headlines as Pumas Manager
publicly states his interest in bringing the striker to Estadio Olímpico Universitario. Fierro has
been in fine form this season, scoring 6 and making 2 assists in 10 appearances so far this season.

View attachment 332486
Fuel was later added tot he fire when Chivas Manager, Eduardo Bacas appeared distant on the rumours,
refusing to assure fans that their young starlet would still be at the club at the end of the Winter transfer window.

View attachment 332485
the player himself is even said to be entertaining the prospect of leaving his
hometown club to sign for the league leaders.

View attachment 332484

View attachment 332482

View attachment 332479
View attachment 332478View attachment 332477
1-0 down on agreed, this was a huge match and the boys stood up when they needed to. We take a commanding lead in the group.Luduena with his first goal of the season. Disappointed to concede but what can you do?

View attachment 332476View attachment 332467
A nice solid win away from home. When they pulled it back to 1-1 I got a little worried but Lagos was on hand to record the win.What an epic!!! End to end stuff with goals flying in all over the place. ME or ME, there was 10 simply amazing goals here that nothing could be done about. Great contest!

View attachment 332475View attachment 332474
Cortéz is becoming undroppable right now, 3 goals in 2 games for the quick right winger. His two efforts not only pulled us level, but won us a game we did not deserve points form.First loss of the League campaign.
10 games before our first loss. We absolutely dominated this game and I'm still trying to figure out what hoodoo magic their keeper was practicing to keep a clean sheet. Still, that's football!

View attachment 332472View attachment 332473
7 games left int he opening stage and we sit 3pts clear at the top. There is
a very good chance we could hit halfway in the season with the opening stage trophy!
I'll be keeping the squad focused and motived as a trophy could be what we need to
convince the board to fund the Fierro move!

View attachment 332471
View attachment 332470

An opening day loss was the only blemish on what was an otherwise flawless Group Stage.
Topping the group and qualifying for the Quarter-Finals Draw.

View attachment 332469
View attachment 332468
A fierce rival awaits me; a showdown with the striker on my Radar!

Last edited:
View attachment 332461
View attachment 332460

View attachment 332459
A huge match. Old rivals!
At stake: a place in the semi finals.

View attachment 332458
Both teams battled for it.

View attachment 332456
Never giving an inch!

View attachment 332457
But Chivas took a 3rd minute lead!

View attachment 332455
It was 0-1 at half time!

View attachment 332454
The stadium was on its feet, cheering their team to cup glory!

View attachment 332453
Pumas leveled the tie 5 minutes after the restart

View attachment 332452
61 minutes: David Cabrera dramatically gives
Pumas UNAM the lead.

View attachment 332451
Chivos answered and level the tie.
2-2

View attachment 332450
90 minutes are up. Time to decide it from the spot...

View attachment 332449
View attachment 332448

Last edited:
Beautiful as always.

Beating a team 16-0 is just humiliating!

Very good story and a nice design!

Cheers mate.

Beautiful as always.

Beating a team 16-0 is just humiliating!

Thanks mate. I'm looking forward to when your story starts up. Loved FM14's Ajax journey.

0-16 :p In their defence, they were an amateur side while I've continental reputation. The standard of football in Mexico is higher than I expected.

View attachment 332259
View attachment 332258
A disappointing month. Only one win in the league.
We're still top because Santos Laguna dropped points
but it's getting with with only 3 games to go for the end
of the opening stage.

View attachment 332252View attachment 332251View attachment 332250
Lopez rescued points for us here. Very disappointing game here, no potency from wither side. Similar to the last game, no real fluidity to our play going forward. A lot of shots off target but Cortes again reminded us why he's becoming a fan favourite.
View attachment 332249
View attachment 332248
An absolutle epic!Despite the scoreline, we played quite well. Hitting the post twice but the Merelia GK played a blinder.

View attachment 332247View attachment 332246

Cup Draw
View attachment 332245

Great story Good luck against Santos L.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

View attachment 332128

A sensational run of fixtures will decide who's crowed Liga BBVA MX: Opening Stage Champions.
Mathematically, Querétaro sitting in 12th place, 9pts behind the league leaders can still win.
This is hotting up to be one of the closest Championship in history.

View attachment 332126
Top 8 fixtures

View attachment 332107
There was a shock result in the Copa MX Apertura as title chasing Santos Laguna
were beaten by 14th place Monterrey 2-1 at the Estadio de Futbol Monterrey,
booking them a place in only their 4th Copa MX Final. Monerrey last won the cup
in 1992

View attachment 332106
And the winners of todays match will face Monettey in the final Pumas UNAM take on Veracruz
at the Estadio Olímpico University. Pumas have been lucky in the draw, playing both the
Quarter-Final and todays Semi-Fian in theri home stadium.

View attachment 332105

Great story Good luck against Santos L.

Cheers my friend, It's going to be an exciting run in.
But I love how the Mexican league essentially has two league trophies on offer each season.
It's so easy to stay motived for 17 matches as opposed to 38 ( or 46 if you're unlucky) matches!

View attachment 332094View attachment 332093View attachment 332092
Days like today are why we are involved in football. To wake up int he morning,
not knowing the outcome, not knowing who's tears will be shed, no knowing who's
dreams will come true. A place in the final... Days like today are why we love Football.

View attachment 332091
Kick off!!!

The Semi-Final kicks off, and Pumas had a chance from a cross in the opening minute

View attachment 332090
But as has so often been the case, sloppy finishing meant the chance went
a-begging... and with their first corss, and first shot. Veracruz's 6'0" Columbian
Striker Martínez Borja scored the opening goal of the game.

View attachment 332089

Half time

I was worried. Really worried. All it takes is one moment to undo a season worth of
work and I had to regain ever ounce of professional composure I had to take the team
into the dressing room and tell them that tis game was here for the taking.

I told them to ignore the first half. It's just 45 minutes... so what! There is another 45.
They only scored one, we are better than then so why are we worried about their one goal?

I gave them words of encouragement as they left the touchline to try rescue the game.

View attachment 332088

And the rest, is as they say... history!

View attachment 332087
View attachment 332086

View attachment 331973Copa MX Final!

View attachment 331972
We took a 2-0 lead and then threw it away. What a second half
performance by Monterrey, they wanted it more!

View attachment 331971
View attachment 331970
View attachment 331969

Very disappointed but we still have a league campaign to see out. 3 games left to secure
qualification to the Copa Bridgestone Libertadores. Top two qualify straight into the Group Stages
while 3rd place secures the play off spot. The top 8 teams will qualify for the Liga BBVA MX
Quarter Final
. More to play for yet.

Unlucky mate, quite a tough game by the looks of it. The Mexican league looks fun, will start a save for myself in a bit.

Unlucky mate, quite a tough game by the looks of it. The Mexican league looks fun, will start a save for myself in a bit.

there are a few bugs here and there in the Mexican league but it's so much fun. With a bit of time and patience, Liga MX could be huge with decent sponsorships. The games against my rivals are bringing 60,000 people into the stadiums like!

View attachment 331879
Despite having kept 8 Clean sheets in our first 11 competitive fixtures, we are now
starting to leak goals. And it's costing us valuable points. We are 3pts behind Santos Laguna who hold the last Copa Libertadores place and they hold a superior goal difference (7 goals).

It's all fallen apart for us in the last few games of the season.

View attachment 331878
View attachment 331877
View attachment 331876
Decent comeback. Did well to recover from going behind.
This was an absoluter epic. No complaints from me here. We were on the wrong side of a great game of football. Can't fault the lads.
View attachment 331875
View attachment 331872
Gutted to loose the Cup final.
We were 2-0 up and threw it away.
I'm noticing somewhat of a trend... We can't seem to close out games and end up loosing them.

View attachment 331871
and to make things worse, my final game before the Quarter Finals is against league leaders León.
Though to be fair, our media expectation was 10th so to lead the League for most of the opening
stage is worth being proud of. Being in the Opening Stage Quarter-final is a huge achievement.