Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Better performance from S gerrard

Reaction score
I am playing with Liverpool and Gerrard is my captain. his Morale is good and i am always playing in midfield/AM but despite this his average is 6.82 for the season.
Any ideas how to get the best from him?

Reaction score
If you play him in the AM role, just behind torres. Then watch his stats rise...and he chips in with 20 goals a season....it worked for me...

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
yup...he a real bomber score..in amc...

Lee

Administrator
Reaction score
Here's how I played him...

My Tactic

His Instructions

His Stats

Reaction score
Lee- which is position do u play him in CM or AMR

Reaction score
Weirdly the best place that I got performances out of him is the position that gets the most attention in the press when he plays there in real life was as a right sided midfielder/winger! he has great stamina and decent pace to get down the wing and has awesome crossing and passing stats. Might be worth a go for a few games.

Lee

Administrator
Reaction score
Lee- which is position do u play him in CM or AMR
I play him as a MC. I actually haven't played him as a MR once on 2009, although on 2008 that's where I used to play him.

Reaction score
Does he get tired quickly with those settings, as I have them about the same playing CM, and hes knackered by 60-65mins, down to about 75% fitness

Reaction score
Yes if you want to get his rating up free role and creative freedom much also try Lee's tactic see if thats works for you mate ;) :)

Reaction score
His ratings are decent, hes actually my top scorer! That being said the only people that haven't scored are Agger and Carragher out of my regulars, so everyone is getting goals. I've used Lee's instructions, but still his fitness levels drop quickly. Its a rarity that I get to play him for 90mins!

Lee

Administrator
Reaction score
I've never had a problem with players fitness levels. But then again I have a big squad at the moment and rotate a lot of players so they're always ~100% when starting a match. Try lowering his training workload and decrease his closing down.