Biggest Waste of Talent

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 13K

Raikan007

Reaction score
who is/was the biggest waste of talent that you had seen in FM?
mine was seeing Hatem Ben Arfa playing for Middlesborough in the Championship after being bought from Arsenal not playing a game in like nearly 2 years.

his stats were horrible! was such a waste of a player!

anybody else experience something like that?

thats terrible :O
Madrid have done it with Van Der Vaart on one of my saves, then they sold him to Villa for £3MILL! and Villa didn't play him either, eventually he became a free agent and so he has remained :/

These are probably not the worst but here we go......

Haris Vuckic only playing 4 games in 8 seasons and then moving on to Castilla on a free transfer.
I got him for free and he's progressing nicely for me.
WasteHarisVuckic.jpg

Luca Tremolada not playing a single game for Inter in his 14 seasons with the team.
He played 33 games when on loan at Treviso but his stats and average rating show he didn't do too well there.
I got him for free and he is also progressing nicely for me.
WasteLucaTremolada.jpg

man city do it with jo evertime. on my everton save he got prem top scorer first season and his stats were gettin great, he went to cback to city and never any game. also i sold them cardozo for 20m and he never got a game in 3 seasons

thats crazy, i found Haris in my save now too! he is quite a little player, 2nd season im loaning him out! doing well, gets injured mostly every game though.
Jo is def one of them too! such a waste.
also Aruna Dindane - Marseille for free, not 1 game in 2 seasons and i just needed 500k more backt then and would have got him for Reading 1st season.

the thing i hate more is when your board accepts a bid and city and co waste that player too, for my leeds team first season in prem i have nilmar and cabaye and i, nilmar is top scorer in prem in december with 14 goals and attracting interest by city etc. who i know will waste him.

yeah true dat! i cant get a **** work permit for Nilmar :(

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Fred from Lyon is also a culprate of this too!

very underrated i think, he could make it in any of the big team on this game but you dont really hear of people buying him, seen one or two threads, but maybe im wrong. i cant get a work permit for Roni! i could get him for 400k third season aswell.

Roni - the new Ronaldo always recommend him!
have you seen my shortlists dude?

yea iv got them downloaded they proved useful, was todorov on there because i signed him and hes an animal on the left cuts in and scores and assists loads getting great, lol i first heard of roni from reading some of your posts :P

paloschi sold to brescia (serie b) by 1M in 4th season

what a waste !!

just approaching January and newcastle have succeeded in tapping up mattock and he wants to leave. i wonder if i should clasue nilmar

These are probably not the worst but here we go......

Haris Vuckic only playing 4 games in 8 seasons and then moving on to Castilla on a free transfer.
I got him for free and he's progressing nicely for me.
WasteHarisVuckic.jpg

Luca Tremolada not playing a single game for Inter in his 14 seasons with the team.
He played 33 games when on loan at Treviso but his stats and average rating show he didn't do too well there.
I got him for free and he is also progressing nicely for me.
WasteLucaTremolada.jpg

Good to see another Enga fan (I think?)!

Man City and me (Celtic) both made a bid for Keirrison. Both were accepted, but Keirrison accepted Man City's contract. He then didn't play a single game.

iv seen barca in my current game (after 2 seasons) buy Arouca and Capoue in the same window, both CM/DM's and they still have yaya toure xavi iniesta etc and none of them have played more than 5 games in a season, and even there games are off the bench. so stupid it seems they bought them to stop others getting them

Arouca is class!
cant get work permit! been trying him and Nilmar for 2 seasons now!
what a waste hey, i think they do that on purpose!

have you seen anderson martins from vitoria he looks a good player, a fast centre back

yeah i have hey, tried to get him too in Jan now! he was a "leading centre back" but could not get work permit! was pretty bummed! but hows this, i sold Waldo Ponce to fund my Thiago Silva capture! best piece of business ever done cause i payed 2 million for Ponce :)
Diego Souza?
Tiago Luis?
Meikon Leite
Rafael Carioca
Miranda
Wagner
Oscar from Sau Paulo is young and great hey!
Sergio Mota. Guilherme, Wanderley, Jean, Sandro Silva, so many good players!
but Martins is my next CB target cause Rusol is getting itchy feet and playing ok! would like Martins and Silva as my CB,
check Ramon from AZ dude, he is wonderkid!

Probably Mata. For some reason Valencia just didn't play him, and he made about 15 apperances in 5 seasons. He ended up playing for Ipswich.

And also Balotelli, where none of his technical stats were above 15. Total waste of potential.

This isn't really a waste of talent as such but;

Lionel Messi for me, signed him at the end of August 2008, only played 11 games through the whole season because he was injured so much... :@ - scored 12 goals though. :P

Back