Biggest Waste of Talent

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 13K
Man City bought Progrebnyak for like 16 million 2nd season played 6 games, i picked him up for 1.9 million 3rd season!

biggest waste was me selling/player exchanging Saivet for a straight swap with Udinese for Laurito, after playing 30 odd games and only scoring like 5 gls or something. Laurito was playing well!

i sold Laurito for 5.5 milllion to FC Gronigen and Arsenal bought Saivet for 33 million the next season and was rated best player of teh year! was really gutted!
and he scored against me, as per usual!

also i feel that Padolski gets wasted at Bayern in the 1st 3 seasons or so!

seeing as though you are Croatian, what are your thoughts and views on Rakatic?? i am deciding whether or not to buy him or Douglas costa - will retrain Ivan to play AML as thats the position i am looking for!

thanks

I never have bought Rakitic..................but it always annoys me how Schalke never play him (real life and the game) Although I think my brother bought him in one of his AC Milan saves once (his played football manager for so long yet I don't think he has picked any other team besides his beloved Milan). I can try and find it if you like??

Biggest waste of telnt for me was Artem Milevski.

He gets rave reviews from many on here but mustered just 4 goals in 33 games for my Stuttgart team in the Bundesliga.

Eventually i lost patience with him and sold him to Shakhtar for around £5m

Rosicky quality stats but play poor every save ! sold him to man city in the first jan transfer window for 12 mill ! Lescott is **** aswell when i sign him for arsenal

Rosicky doesn't have quality stats at all...

how about samir nasri rotting @ arsenal and then snapped up by pompey as a free agent after 5 seasons....

luigi bruins had a great seson for me chelsea buy him for 15 mil of me and play him 1(3)

Hmm. Mario Balotelli in my old save didn't have much luck. In Inter he was deemed surplus to requirements and IIRC on the 2012-13 season (after few appearances and goals) he moved to Roma for some 17.75 million pounds, where he was mostly benched for further three seasons, then moved to Juventus for that same 17.75 million pounds, and yet again he was frequently benched. It went on until 2018-19 season, and then I stopped playing there. Who knows how Balotelli will be if I continue playing.

Also on that save, R. Madrid tends to have a habit of spending big bucks on backup goalies. IIRC they spent somewhere between 15-20 millions pounds for Fernando Muslera (Lazio), who would spend four seasons in Madrid and play only 2-3 league games in that period of time.

Last edited:
I signed Neymar from Santos for 20 million after over a year of trying to sign him. He couldn't score after endless chances and i couldnt even loan him out as no one wanted him.

He scored 1 goal in season and half (which was a penalty!).

I sold him to Welder Bremen for 7 million...

nasri definately rotts away at Aresnal, as well as Bendetner! they always ***** about 1st team football and when you try and sign them (aresenal always accept alot less) they never accept your contracts key member etc!
what a bunch of chops!

neymar is the worst purchase for FM09 if you playing in the Premier League! he is like 5.7" and weighs like 56kg or something! i had him for a season or two and was utter useless! could not even get rid of him for free!!! hahaha <)

nasri definately rotts away at Aresnal, as well as Bendetner! they always ***** about 1st team football and when you try and sign them (aresenal always accept alot less) they never accept your contracts key member etc!
what a bunch of chops!

neymar is the worst purchase for FM09 if you playing in the Premier League! he is like 5.7" and weighs like 56kg or something! i had him for a season or two and was utter useless! could not even get rid of him for free!!! hahaha <)

Yeah he is not built for the premiership, at 56kg i think he was the lightest player in the premier league while i had him. I put him in the reserves to try get goals, tried loaning him out but had no takers and also gavehim plenty chances to prove himself but nothing so kept offering him to clubs until bremen came along...

come to think of it, it does happen in real life, eg. dos santos and defoe (before pompey bought him and then spurs buying him back) @ spurs

Dos Santos? That reminds me. In the game I am playing right now, Dos Santos was benched for two seasons, yet World Cup 2010 came along and Dos Santos did wonders to help bring Mexico all the way to the Final along with Guardado, Vela, Ochoa, and Omar Bravo. Mexico went into the final and unsurprisingly lost to Italy 1-3 without Vela (injured in quarter finals) and Guardado (injured in semi finals). Unfortunately Dos Santos had already accepted a transfer to America (MEX) few months prior to the World Cup for 6.75 million pounds.

Balotelli got bought by Sunderland and he never played. |Then I signed him but he was dissapointing so I put him in Barcalona's B team

Back