Birmingham 1-0 West Ham

• Thread starter Thread starter Matty
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 3K

Matty

Reaction score
LEE, LEE, LEE BOWYER, LEE, LEE, LEE BOWYER

ANOTHER great win for Birmingham City today, keeping ANOTHER clean sheet.

Being a Blues fan, i don't know what going on at the moment but its fantastic, top half of the table this season i thought would only come when the table is in alphabetical order, and thats no joke LOL.

McCleish has the boys playing with a passion and drive that we haven't had in a long time, with the hopeful addition of some cash in january, im hoping for a decent finish this season, although staying up will do me.

Although i do think West Ham gave a good account for themselves today, i don't think they should be where they are they have some really good players, but also some shockers. The first time i saw ilunga today in the flesh, "MY DEAR GOD" he should not be playing football! that is the extremely polite version anyway LOL. But Parker, Noble, Green, and Keiron Dyer today played well. If Dyer could stay fit he would be lethal!

And by the looks of it, things get worse for the hammers, believe me, from experience, you can do better than Mr Sullivan!
Get used to cheap deals and loan signings in the future if he does take charge!

All the best the West Ham, id prefer teams like them staying in the prem with good support behind them, 3,400 at blues today. Fair play to you, keep behind your team, you have mine and a lot of others respect! Unlike a lot of teams, im not gonna mention and annoy LOL.

Anywayyy... COME ON THE BLUES! lets keep this up, keep it going, bring on blackburn on tuesday night :)

KEEP RIGHT ON, SOTV :)

Absoloutely Gutted Travelled Down Aswell :( Well Done Birmingham and ino its off topic but you wouldnt mind giving me a good start for notts county, just started a season now

Great atmosphere today and another fantastic result.
I cant really believe we are on level points with liverpool in 8th place!
4 wins in a row 7 unbeaten, the best Blues Premier League side ever??

McCleish has put together a good side this season, Lee Bowyer is certainly doing the business

That is a strong statement best premiership blues side ever. IF we keep it up i would totally agree

Although we have finished 10th in the past. so if we beat that then ye. BUT i do think its the most entertaining team, and exciting blues team for a while. I cant complain in any position this season which doesnt happen often lol

So thinking about it like that some of the players are up there with some of my favourites ever ye.

Don't Birmingham have around £30M to spend in January? If so then they could really have a good team.

They could get 5-6 good player to fit in there team, i don't think they will have any problems staying up this season.

Absoloutely Gutted Travelled Down Aswell :( Well Done Birmingham and ino its off topic but you wouldnt mind giving me a good start for notts county, just started a season now

Travelled up mate lol ;p

And cheers, i think we probably shaded the win, i was there as well as always. But I was impressed with West Ham, i think you should be ok surely! I hope so anyway, i much prefer them sort of games, full house, good away support. Its premiership football.

I have posted something on your thread about your county, will speak to you about that on there ;)

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Don't Birmingham have around £30M to spend in January? If so then they could really have a good team.

They could get 5-6 good player to fit in there team, i don't think they will have any problems staying up this season.

Ye thats what we have been told 20-40 million depending if Big Eck can get the men he wants. So the futures bright the futures Royal Blue at the moment for us :).

But ye i agree about 5 players and we could be looking at different expectations after christmas. The rumours that are bouncing around brum are getting ridiculous though.

Robbie Keane.... lets be serious :/

We are rumoured with others like Gary O'Neill, Roman Paylyuchenko, Kevin Nolan. Players like that would definantely take us up a level i think.

Travelled up mate lol ;p

And cheers, i think we probably shaded the win, i was there as well as always. But I was impressed with West Ham, i think you should be ok surely! I hope so anyway, i much prefer them sort of games, full house, good away support. Its premiership football.

I have posted something on your thread about your county, will speak to you about that on there ;)

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Ye thats what we have been told 20-40 million depending if Big Eck can get the men he wants. So the futures bright the futures Royal Blue at the moment for us :).

But ye i agree about 5 players and we could be looking at different expectations after christmas. The rumours that are bouncing around brum are getting ridiculous though.

Robbie Keane.... lets be serious :/

We are rumoured with others like Gary O'Neill, Roman Paylyuchenko, Kevin Nolan. Players like that would definantely take us up a level i think.

£20-40 million that is more then most teams will get so good for you, I have always been a fan of Birmingham for some reason like when you see scores i always look for theres, so i do hope they get some good players in and do well in the league.

And i don't think you will buy Robbie Keane but i think a loan deal would be good and i think it might go through Tottenham have Defore, Crouch, Pav and i don't think they will get rid of Pav till end of the season so could be a chance it would be good if you did get him i think.

I do think you need 1-2 defenders just do your stronger at the back i actually think if you got 1-2 player for each position it would be good make the whole team better and stronger and if you do get 1 or 2 injuries you do have cover which is always good for any team

Future is looking good for you.

Ye maybe your right it might be the right time to get keane, we will all soon find out i suppose.

I would agree defender wise, BUT at the moment Roger Johnson and Scott Dann are playing out of their skin! and i wouldn't change that at all. Stephan Carr has been a revelation at right back, he still has pace, loads of strength and bags of experience and brains on the field. Liam Ridgewell has been exposed at left back, mainly being because its not his position. BUT then again, if it ent broke dont fix it. Thats how McCleish is looking at it, and i agree. He is doing a good enough job at the moment i feel.

I think we might need to back it up a bit though, Frank Quedrue was playing brilliant at the start of the season before injury when Ridgewell had to play left back because we had no one else, but apart from that, martin taylor, espinoza, david murphy, just not going to cut it in the premiership.

I like the look of gregory Vignal though, he will be good as a back up.

Midfield wise although im more than chuffed with the regular four of Larsson, Bowyer, Ferguson, McFadden at the moment we could do with someone that could really unlock a defence, We are rumoured with Aiden McGeady maybe he could be that person.

And definantly need a striker or strikers! Jerome and Chucho are doing well but we need a regular goalscorer

Ye maybe your right it might be the right time to get keane, we will all soon find out i suppose.

I would agree defender wise, BUT at the moment Roger Johnson and Scott Dann are playing out of their skin! and i wouldn't change that at all. Stephan Carr has been a revelation at right back, he still has pace, loads of strength and bags of experience and brains on the field. Liam Ridgewell has been exposed at left back, mainly being because its not his position. BUT then again, if it ent broke dont fix it. Thats how McCleish is looking at it, and i agree. He is doing a good enough job at the moment i feel.

I think we might need to back it up a bit though, Frank Quedrue was playing brilliant at the start of the season before injury when Ridgewell had to play left back because we had no one else, but apart from that, martin taylor, espinoza, david murphy, just not going to cut it in the premiership.

I like the look of gregory Vignal though, he will be good as a back up.

Midfield wise although im more than chuffed with the regular four of Larsson, Bowyer, Ferguson, McFadden at the moment we could do with someone that could really unlock a defence, We are rumoured with Aiden McGeady maybe he could be that person.

And definantly need a striker or strikers! Jerome and Chucho are doing well but we need a regular goalscorer

Someone creative would do well in the team like you said Mcgeady would be could he would give the defenders trouble and supply your strikers but anyone creative would be good.

Strikers Hmmm.......Not really too sure who you could get if you don't get Robbie will have to wait and see like you said

Ye anyone creative would be good, someone with a similar mold to dunny "david dunn" who was great for us when fit. Anyone that will run at people. McFadden does that but with no real pace, we need someone with a bit of a difference so we have more than just ingenuity and guile. Roar pace and running would give us another variation of play.

And ye striker wise that could really make a difference im with you, if not keano, WHO!

but he has been looking a lot abroad so it could be anyone i suppose. We already have Jan Novak on trial who no ones ever heard of, but he will be good as a squad player so thats a start.

But ye, we will see in january, cant wait to be fair!

Exiting times here at St Andrews ahead i hope :)

haha i did travel down, i live near liverpool you see brought up to be a hammer :)
lol.jpg

Lee Bowyer, the most under-rated English player in the Premier. done well at Leeds, Newcastle, West Ham, and now Birmingham. I have to say, if anyone was going to score against Hammers, it had to be Bowyer, just left West Ham to join Birmingham.

It's a ******* joke is what it is.

I'M FOREVER BLOWING BUBBLES!

PRETTY BUBBLES IN THE AIR!

I think that we maybe need to look at some young attacking players for the future of the premier blues side,
and if they're good enough now's Blues side!

Another good win for Brum. I fear for you come January though...Mcleish and money is a bad combination. He is terrible at buying players and his record speaks for that. He does build a very organised and hard to beat side though and he is a great man manager.

Ferguson has been great but if he starts paying silly money for players like McGeady and Scott Brown or even Kris Boyd!!! Then your going to struggle.

Well we will just have to see!

Im behind him, end of! And i reckon all them players would make it in the Prem, maybe not Boyd because of pace, but brown an McGeady would definitely do a job.
And surely adding people to the squad isn't going to make us struggle :/. He wont be allowed to buy players that aren't good enough, he has to pass off the players he wants by the board with a lot of them with football experience, so there wont be no silly money being splashed around.

Ye bowyer has always been an underrated player, i have always like him as a player, and now he plays for us even better lol.

And LOL ok you travelled down, fair play i would say support your local team lol. But its not as if your glory hunting or anything. Just supporting your families team. Which is the way it should be!

KEEP RIGHT ON TO THE END OF THE ROAD, KEEP RIGHT ON TO THE END!

I have figured out who we should sign,
Dorrans from Albion he has international experience and he is still young and most of all he scores from midfield (maybe he could step into bowyers shoes when he retires in a few years if he doesn't sooner)

I reckon if you sign loads of players you will struggle. I think they shoud make a couple of shrew buys in January, stay in the Premier League then buy in the summer.

Dorrans is a possibility but i think he is a bit of a risk he might not do the business, although good shout. I guess everyone has their own opinion on things, I want Gary O'Neill from Boro, always rated him, he is a blues type of player.

And ye i dont think were buying many anyway, he only wants 5/6 signings and not all them will be first team players, like Jan Novak who were about to sign, is totally unknown, he wont be playing week in week out.

3/4 first teamers and a couple to bulk the squad up. As we haven't got that much past the bench that i think can play to the level were producing in the prem at the moment.

Back