Birmingham 1-0 West Ham

• Thread starter Thread starter Matty
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 3K
That Novak looks like he can do a job for us from his stats, 2007/2008 Slovakian league golden boot winner,
39 goals in 89 games for his club he is maybe the player we need but on the downside he is only 5 foot 9 so him and Chucho up front we could again be aerially over-run

Fair enough sounds like a good player then, but ye im and Chucho will be competing for a place then Jerome and O'Connor for the other spot.

At the moment though that is. Cant wait to find out and see who he buys

Me neither, the signings could either propell us ahead or really slow us down and cause us to struggle, I also think we need to look at another quick, strong attacker a player like Torres!

ye the key word being "LIKE" Torres lol.

and vela on loan would be CLASS! he is brilliant lol!!!

cant see it though :/

Another good win for Brum. I fear for you come January though...Mcleish and money is a bad combination. He is terrible at buying players and his record speaks for that. He does build a very organised and hard to beat side though and he is a great man manager.

Ferguson has been great but if he starts paying silly money for players like McGeady and Scott Brown or even Kris Boyd!!! Then your going to struggle.

Mate, Im not being funny, but in comparison to our previous manager (Steve Bruce), Big Ek's signings have been succesful as far as I can see them.
James Mcfadden, good talented individual
Marou Zarate, when he was on loan at Blues he was good just a shame we didnt stay up that year because I think he would of got better if he had stayed with us.
David Murphy, typical solid left back, of the Martin Grainger type, just unfourtunate to be injured right now.
Lee Carsley, was immense during our promotion season last year and chipped in with some important goals. e.g. Plymouth away, Derby home.
Kevin Phillips, proven goalscorer, won us so many points last season.

Now moving on to this season where I believe we seem to be doing rather well!
Lee Bowyer, secured 9 points for us in recent weeks, with goals against; Fulham, Wolves and West Ham.
Barry Ferguson.
Joe Hart, future England number one if you ask me!
Chucho, somebody I believe we are still waiting to see the best of!
Roger Johnson, If this guy carries on the way he is playing, I reckon we could see him on the plane to South Africa next year. Lets face it, England havent really got another centre half, that is decent and consistent enough to partner John Terry.
Scott Dann, this kid is getting better and better every time he plays
Stephen Carr, offers so much experience.

Can you name a signing there which was a bad one. Alex Mcleish knows a good player when he sees one, and has good contacts from his time at Rangers. Any Bluenose that can remember the names like; Pandiani, Morrison, Melchiot, ****, Sutton, Heskey, will tell you that they were all rubbish and the current crop of players are much better, and Mcleish signs much better players than the previous manager!

Finally someone else who believes that Roger Johnson can play for England!
Well I dont see why he should not

Bluenose_rob YOUR A LEGEND! lol

I feel exactly the same, its just some people really dont like blues, never have never will. So any slight dig they can have they will.

We will never be 1st on MOTD, we will never be spoke about for more than 5 minutes on SkySports NEws.

We are Birmingham City, with a reputation that will never go away. Unfortunately that is how its gonna be.

But if we can keep behind the lads the likes of us three that are blues fans that have commented on this thread, keep this success going, hopefully one day someone will realise that we should be recognised a bit more!

Finally we have some confidence behind the management and squad its been a few seasons since that happened last. So stuff all these people that want to have a pop.

We know were doing well with the future looking bright

KEEP RIGHT ON :) SOTV!!!

I think McLeish's decision to not start Zarate was Brums downfall last season as he was a fantastic talent, he was amazing for Lazio last season, you might of stayed up if you played him. I think McLeish was scared that if he played him, a bigger club would outbid them, however, credit to him, he's pretty much got the same squad as last season and there in top 10 of premier League, to be honest, I did not expect that from the Brummies.

Ye Zarate was immense, and you might be right about the losing out with him. But the games he did play he showed how much of a massive talent he was so got snapped up by Lazio, shame really but he was never going to drop to the championship anyway. I thought we was incredibly unlucky to go down under McCleish, but i think we are more prepared this season, and like you say the team is basically the same so they are settled.

And beleive US we didnt expect any of this either. We all know it wont last, lets not get carried away, as far as im concerned we are 16 points of the magical 40 points. Until we get that we cant get carried away, but 24 points is a fantastic return for a newly promoted team, so we cant not be pleased with the first half for the season, lets just hope we dont Hull City it after christmas

If we can find another Zarate-esque player then the transfer dilemma will be sorted;
Goalscorer-Tick
Quick-Tick
Skillful-Tick
Versatile-Tick

I love 'Chuco' i reckon he is a great player who can run very fast, dribble and finish quite well. However, I think 9M is a bit too much. I reckon Brum should look at Zigic, Belhadj and maybe Noble who may be able to take over from Bowyer when he retires. I agree Dann and Johnson have been good together but maybe go for another centre half. I have always liked Birmingham and it's great to see them up there. Good luck Brummies. P.S. Not happy with: Liverpool 2-2 Birmingham :(.

Why are you not happy with that result you cheated to get a point??

He wasnt 9 million it was about 7 apparently, or less.

and ye N'gog with the best dive in history, but over the game, we shouldnt have got a point so i see where your coming from. But you cant play against a screamer from 35 yards ;p

Mate, Im not being funny, but in comparison to our previous manager (Steve Bruce), Big Ek's signings have been succesful as far as I can see them.
James Mcfadden, good talented individual
Marou Zarate, when he was on loan at Blues he was good just a shame we didnt stay up that year because I think he would of got better if he had stayed with us.
David Murphy, typical solid left back, of the Martin Grainger type, just unfourtunate to be injured right now.
Lee Carsley, was immense during our promotion season last year and chipped in with some important goals. e.g. Plymouth away, Derby home.
Kevin Phillips, proven goalscorer, won us so many points last season.

Now moving on to this season where I believe we seem to be doing rather well!
Lee Bowyer, secured 9 points for us in recent weeks, with goals against; Fulham, Wolves and West Ham.
Barry Ferguson.
Joe Hart, future England number one if you ask me!
Chucho, somebody I believe we are still waiting to see the best of!
Roger Johnson, If this guy carries on the way he is playing, I reckon we could see him on the plane to South Africa next year. Lets face it, England havent really got another centre half, that is decent and consistent enough to partner John Terry.
Scott Dann, this kid is getting better and better every time he plays
Stephen Carr, offers so much experience.

Can you name a signing there which was a bad one. Alex Mcleish knows a good player when he sees one, and has good contacts from his time at Rangers. Any Bluenose that can remember the names like; Pandiani, Morrison, Melchiot, ****, Sutton, Heskey, will tell you that they were all rubbish and the current crop of players are much better, and Mcleish signs much better players than the previous manager!

I always thought Bruce did a decent job for Birmingham. McFadden was a terrible waste of money and David Murphy isn't anything special. He also overpaid for Chucho.

It's funny because all last year and the start of this year the fans were on EK's back for the football he plays.

I didn't say every player he signs is a bad one but his record in Scotland proves he wastes money on alot of bad players.

He wasnt 9 million it was about 7 apparently, or less.

and ye N'gog with the best dive in history, but over the game, we shouldnt have got a point so i see where your coming from. But you cant play against a screamer from 35 yards ;p

Ha Ha he will never do that again

Kris, What do you have against Big Eck and how was McFadden a waste of money??

Kris, What do you have against Big Eck and how was McFadden a waste of money??

Nothing. Well apart from his Hibs days (A) I like him. Very organised and a great motivator and man manager. Just think he makes daft buys

Ahh don't get me started on McFadden...to sum up i think he is the most overrated,overvalued sack of **** and he is as dumb as a post.

i have to agree with kris, id pay 2 million for him maybe, but 6.5 mil is a little overpriced no offense, but none the less hes a decent player

you may think Fads is over rated, but he would walk into the hearts team and be the key player!
He hasn't got a proper season under his belt since he joined blues, having injury problems in each one so far. He can be frustrating when he holds on to the ball at times, but he has the ability to hold on to it, so can't criticise that!
And as dumb as a post are you kidding me! I am critical of my team, more than most, but that is the most stupid and WRONG thing iv heard anyone say, that is the only thing i wouldn't expect someone to criticise Fads with. Lack of battling qualities, stamina and doesn't grab as many goals as he should. intelligence on the pitch is definitely not one!

The scottish league is a joke though really...
old firm join the prem who thought that stupid idea up!, they wouldnt cope at all, and there the best teams :/

I have had my doubts about Big Eck, but he now has his team that HE has built and bought, and they are all fit. Just to let anyone know out there, this sudden change of form wasnt just because of the new owners, it was the first time we had a fully fit first team with match practice all season. His team, his players, his results! Points speak louder than words!

The only thing i agree with what you have said is ye david murphy is ****! iv never rated him, too slow, cant pass a ball, just humps it up the pitch or out of play!
And at the time Fads was rated a lot highly than he is now, i would say 3-4 million is more realistic, especially when you see some of the transfers that are happening nowadays.

David Murphy was an average spl player and i did not think he would get infront of Franck Quadrue (sp) who i rated highly with Middlesbrough.

Your spl rant, Are you just trying to get under my skin or something there? Not in context and rather petty. I wont bother justifying it with a greater response because it would be off topic.

Back to McFadden, When i called him as dumb as a post i was refering to him personally. He is moronic **** wipe who does not deserve his good fortune.

I don't know how you can defend him seriously he lacks ability unless your looking for someone to hog the ball and either run it to the corner or give away possession. Like you said he does not score goals, lacks stamina and is hardly the man to turn to when things are going wrong.

On another note i would like to ask how you rate Ferguson ?

Back