Birmingham City set to enter Administration?

I hope this doesn't lead to them flogging all their players at low prices and dropping down the league like a stone, potentially facing another relegation. It wouldn't be the first time. Feel sorry for the fans. It isn't their fault that certain people can't run the club properly, yet it's the fans that suffer.

As has already been said, wouldn't wish liquidation on anybody, even our worst rivals.

Sadly, clubs in similar situations had no choice. Also this was reported back in April, so the writing was already on the wall

Birmingham City's place in Europe threatened by financial concerns | Football | The Guardian

But worse still, there are strong rumours around that the club will be £60 million in debt by tomorrow. And yet, still have some players still on wages like £40,000 a week. Which if true, is ridiculous.

FA have alot to answer to.

Like how did this Yeung pass as fit and proper. Especially given the Sim links.

This has been coming for months. Not just with Yeung, but Pannu too, spinning nonsense to fans when the numbers didnt add up

FA have alot to answer to.

Like how did this Yeung pass as fit and proper. Especially given the Sim links.

That 'fit and proper persons' test really must be ****, this isn't the first time someone has taken over a club only for them to be corrupt/skint.

Never liked Birmingham that much so I can't say that I'm too disappointed, nor am I surprised to be honest. Their own fault for letting that Hong Kong guy take over.
What do you mean its their own fault? We didnt choose him. So shut you little mouth mate.

That 'fit and proper persons' test really must be ****, this isn't the first time someone has taken over a club only for them to be corrupt/skint.

At times it seems too stringent, and yet most of the time it manages to look hopelessly inadequate, like in this case. It's pretty impressive it manages to do both at once...

What do you mean its their own fault? We didnt choose him. So shut you little mouth mate.

Hope you're not looking for sympathy with an attitude like that...

So a financially crippled soon to be relegated club has won more trophies than you in the last 5 years
Fair duece to yous

rather be in our position than yours tbf.

rather be in our position than yours tbf.

This, I'd rather be playing in the highest level than just winning the Carling Cup, don't get me wrong I was upset when they were relegated so I really didn't want this to happen to them. Hope they don't lose out on the Europa League but really I do think if they get it taken away it will go to Liverpool.

At times it seems too stringent, and yet most of the time it manages to look hopelessly inadequate, like in this case. It's pretty impressive it manages to do both at once...

Hope you're not looking for sympathy with an attitude like that...
Non at all pal. I dont like it when people kick other people when there down. Sign of cowardness.

Well the latest is not as bad as people feared. The word administration has not been discussed by the board, but financially, the club is pretty much going down the *******. But, but, but.... I'm wondering. When Carson Yeung appeared at the club in 2009, there was no debt, finished 9th in the prem, and as a result got itself a nice bit of money as a result. 20 months later.....bang. A massive black hole has appeared, and sucked all the money from the club. In June 2010, the balance sheet showed, that £24 million had to be raised to keep within the banking arrangements. December 2010, another loss of over £5 million. This is even though, the club recieved over £9 million in merit money from the PL.

And it doesn't end there. The £13.9 million from television revenue. £4.8 million from live match screening, and £9.1 from overseas tv rights. And of course, merchandising, gate receipts....and the other usual bits and bobs. Something just does not add up here at all. It just smells very bad, and the fans have a right to know what the **** is going on. It's no good just telling people that they have to make "un-popular decisions arising from pressure from HSBC bank". They just want to know how they allowed the club to collapse so spectacularly, and so dam quickly.

And this fit and proper test, in my opinion, is just an absolute joke. It's so wafer thin, it's beyond a joke. They should take a book out of Bill Kenwrights book. It may sound strange with so many Everton fans calling for him to leave the club for the investment, and I admit I used to be one of them, until I thought about it rationally. The reason we don't have a buyer, is because he has checked every single company that were interested; checked financial backgrounds, checked past history, checked for any debts...and thankfully turned them down. Even though one of them just required a handshake to complete the takeover, the investor scarpered, after BK wanted more information re: the company's financial background. He just doesn't want debt being landed with the club.

If the FA bothered to do something similar, maybe these sort of situations wouldn't happen with alarming frequency. Though Gold and Sullivan shoudn't be totally exempt from blame either. I'm just sick and tired of seeing things like this destroying clubs in countries. And it always seems (most of the time) to be traditional clubs that are suffering. But most importantly, it's the fans of these clubs that suffer the most.

Non at all pal. I dont like it when people kick other people when there down. Sign of cowardness.

Are you calling me a coward because I said it was probably their own fault? oO) XD

Are you calling me a coward because I said it was probably their own fault? oO) XD

You said that Birmingham FANS allowed Caron Yeungs take over. Which isnt true at all!! We didnt have a say, Therefore you putting the fans down by making it its the fans fault for the reason were entering this dark stage in the clubs history. You also mentioned that you didnt like Birmingham, Which is a fair point few teams do like Birmingham because of their football and there fans back in the 80's and early 90's (Hooligans). Or you could be a bitter Arsenal fan and cant take defeat. I think it will be the latter one :)

You said that Birmingham FANS allowed Caron Yeungs take over. Which isnt true at all!! We didnt have a say, Therefore you putting the fans down by making it its the fans fault for the reason were entering this dark stage in the clubs history. You also mentioned that you didnt like Birmingham, Which is a fair point few teams do like Birmingham because of their football and there fans back in the 80's and early 90's (Hooligans). Or you could be a bitter Arsenal fan and cant take defeat. I think it will be the latter one :)

Actually, I think you've misread my post, I didn't say the fans were at fault at all:

It's not hatred, I've just never liked them that much. Besides, I have a lot of sympathy for the fans, but in my honest opinion, I think the club have brought it on themselves.

I'll rephrase what I said. I have a lot of sympathy for the fans, I would be devastated if it happened to Sunderland, but Carson Yeung (sp) has brought it on himself. I know that the economy isn't the best, but there's something seriously wrong if you become bankrupt with a club the size of Birmingham.

Don't manage the club correctly = inevitable administration = zero sympathy from me.

P.S. I'm a Sunderland fan :)

Actually, I think you've misread my post, I didn't say the fans were at fault at all:

P.S. I'm a Sunderland fan :)

Alright i take back what i said.

P.S Seb Larsson is terrible, never takes a player on. Craig Gardner LOL Well he cant pass, cant run, is greedy and shoots from 30-40 yards all the time = 2nd most shots off target last year. One of the reasons we were relegated..

P.S Seb Larsson is terrible, never takes a player on. Craig Gardner LOL Well he cant pass, cant run, is greedy and shoots from 30-40 yards all the time = 2nd most shots off target last year. One of the reasons we were relegated..

And yet, Larsson got the joint-most assists in your team and Craig Gardner was your top-scorer, whilst also being your second best tackler after Curtis Davies, and the second best dribbler after McFadden.

If Larsson and Gardner are bad, I don't know what the rest of your team is.