Birmingham poised to sign Foster

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 3K
Yeah but I think Birmingham would rather have a permanent deal than take Joe Hart on loan continuosly.

Hart is that good, he should already be Englands No.1, no question about it

Read on BBc Sport he is considered inexperienced so the 40 year old David James is likely to get first choice in goal despite his part in pompys **** season

thats my point so surely 26/27 is relatively young for a keeper?

Fair enough assessment.

We all have beliefs and myself I just think that 26 isn't young...

I'd classify 23 at the most as young.

But it's rather irrelevant

one it was more than five games. two the fans do like him, we just didnt think he was good enough.

he's played a grand total of 9 games this year. that's enough of a chance for a player who'd been out injured for 12 months on and off? i don't think so. poor judgement by the red man.

he's played a grand total of 9 games this year. that's enough of a chance for a player who'd been out injured for 12 months on and off? i don't think so. poor judgement by the red man.
i beg to differ hes a decent keeper.he wants to play, kuzcsack is better and van der sar is number 1. simple decison. since you're leeds fan i dont expect you to agree that its actually good judgment for the player anf for united

for the record tomaz has only played 8 games. clearly hes impressed more. and most united fans think hes the better keeper as well

Read on BBc Sport he is considered inexperienced so the 40 year old David James is likely to get first choice in goal despite his part in pompys **** season

Firstly, Robert Green will most likely get the nod over James.

Secondly, it isn't James' fault Pompey have had a **** season.

although pompey have had a bad season james is a experienced and very good shot stopper.

I'm indifferent about this signing. I think Hart is better, but it's obvious why City want to keep hold of him this time around, as Given is likely to be out for the start of next season (according to stories).

I suppose he'll do a job for them. Maybe he'll excel at a smaller club than United where there is less pressure to perform.

All im gonna say is Gutted!

That isn't anything against Foster at all... just disappointed with the obvious.

---------- Post added at 04:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 AM ----------

Yeah but I think Birmingham would rather have a permanent deal than take Joe Hart on loan continuosly.

WRONG!!

Joe Hart is loved by the fans, admired by the staff and players, and has made a fantastic relationship with his back four, hence our coping with Premiership strikers relatively well.

Why?! would you want to have to start that all over again? from a managers perspective no one would.

No matter who comes in, Joe will be sorely missed and never forgotten for what he has done for us this season

Good to hear that Foster might be leaving -- he's talented, but never going to be good enough for a club of Utd's stature.

As for England... imo (which is nothing, lol) David James is England's best goalkeeper at the moment. He has been fantastic (when not injured) and kept Pompey alive in many games (including Semi-Final vs Spurs). Hart should be his back-up at WC so he can gain some experience at that level -- even if it's only warming the bench. If Capello picks Robert Green as number one then they have no chance of winning the WC. Green is very prone to unforced errors and his positioning is not good enough (he was beaten with ease against Egypt by a shot he should've saved) Also, he has already been put up for sale by his club for his part in a pretty **** season.

Good to hear that Foster might be leaving -- he's talented, but never going to be good enough for a club of Utd's stature.

As for England... imo (which is nothing, lol) David James is England's best goalkeeper at the moment. He has been fantastic (when not injured) and kept Pompey alive in many games (including Semi-Final vs Spurs). Hart should be his back-up at WC so he can gain some experience at that level -- even if it's only warming the bench. If Capello picks Robert Green as number one then they have no chance of winning the WC. Green is very prone to unforced errors and his positioning is not good enough (he was beaten with ease against Egypt by a shot he should've saved) Also, he has already been put up for sale by his club for his part in a pretty **** season.
Agree 100% with this green is over rated and teams like Brazil and Spain would laugh if he was put in nets. I know James team was relegated but most people around the world know that he is a quality keeper.

Decent signing, Foster has been very hot and cold in the past, perhaps the pressure got to him? When you have VDS and the polish guy who's name i will not attempt to spell are right up your backside, It must add pressure.

He did great with Watford,Big Eck is a great man manager and should get the best out of him.

Im coming round to the idea of Foster in a Blues shirt, and im sure by the start of the season i will be very pleased with the signing of him.

All thats in the mind of many Blues fans is the departing of Joe Hart, although i will sorely admit Joe is a much better keeper than us, and Shay Given will struggle to get back into the side, as Joe will start the season due to Shay's injury.

I just wish he didn't play as well on loan at us so we could have stole him XD

But i totally agree with Kris ^ we will get the best out of him, just like we have with Joe.

Exactly, Joe Hart wasn't exactly the most talked about keeper with city, Anti Niemi was anything but good with Rangers, moved to Hearts and he was like a new man.

Ye very true, im sure Foster given the chance to start every week will get his form flowing again, iv always liked him as a keeper, and always thought it was the wrong decision him going to United.

Im just glad that we have been able to get another keeper of a substantial quality to attempt to fill the massive gap that Hart has left, it shows progress and ambition. Im sure Foster would have been wanted by many clubs.

woke up this morning feeling pleased for Ben Foster moving out he didnt get in the WC squad and he is 100% right to move! Lets hope he dont turn out like Tim Howard and come back and haunt us with his brilliant penalty saving all the best to Birmingham and Ben Foster

Back