Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

*JK*

19th Title Here we Come
Reaction score
100px-Birmingham_City_FC_logo.png
200px-Manchester_United_FC_crest-1.png

Manchester United will hope to stretch their lead at the top of the Premier League when they travel to Birmingham on Tuesday evening.

Sir Alex Ferguson's men are undefeated in the league so far this season, are currently two points clear of second-placed Manchester City with two games in hand following their commanding 2-0 Boxing Day triumph over Sunderland at Old Trafford.
Alex McLeish's Blue's meanwhile, are balanced precariously on the edge of the drop zone at the other end of the standings, and will be keen to avoid ending the year in the bottom three.

History is not on Birmingham's side, with United unbeaten in their last 23 matches in all competitions against the Midlands club since losing 5-1 at St Andrews in November 1978.
McLeish's men are likely to be fresher for the encounter, however, after seeing their Boxing Day clash at Everton postponed due to the cold snap. While a Red Devils upset seems unlikely, Birmingham can take heart from their surprise 1-0 triumph over reigning champions Chelsea last month and the fact they are unbeaten in their last four league games. Blues will be wary of striker Dimitar Berbatov, should Ferguson start him as expected, after the Bulgarian's brace sealed United's victory over the Black Cats and took his tally to 13 league goals this season, making him the current top scorer. Midfielder Alexander Hleb, on loan from Barcelona could feature on the bench for Birmingham after recovering from a hamstring injury.
The playmaker picked up the knock in last month's clash against Fulham and has recently resumed training with the squad. He is short of match practice, and McLeish will make a late decision over whether to include him. Blues have no other new fitness worries, while James McFadden is a long-term absentee with a knee problem.

Team News

Ferguson expects to have Nani available for United after the Portugal winger missed Sunday's win over Sunderland with a hip injury. Park Ji-sung has now left for his Asian Cup commitments with South Korea, while Paul Scholes is out with a groin problem.
There are doubts over John O'Shea (calf) and Darren Fletcher, who was sent home from training on Christmas Day with a heavy cold.

Confirmed Line Ups

Birmingham City

Foster

Carr Johnson Dann Ridgewell

Larsson
Ferguson Gardner Bowyer

Beausejour Jerome

Subs: Taylor,Phillips,Derbyshire,Fahey,Zigic,Hleb,Jiranex

Manchester United

Van der Sar

Rafael Vidic Ferdinand Evra

Gibson Carrick Anderson Giggs

Rooney Berbatov

Subs:Kuszchak,Neville,Hernandez,Evans,Fletcher,Obertan,Macheda

What our your views on this match I am going for a Birmingham City 1-2 Manchester United

Last edited:
I think Birmingham 1-1 Man U. A close nervy tight game, with missed chances galore

Birmingham 0 - 4 Manchester United

Berbatov, Berbatov , Rooney , Berbatov

It's going to be a tight game.

Brum 1 - 2 Manchester United.

Bowyer & Berbatov & Fletcher.

Got a feeling it's going to be a slow tempo, tight affair where the team that takes their chances coming out on top. Think they'll do what they did against Chelsea and just park the bus then counter attack if they get the chance, hopefully Foster shows why we sold him and doesn't have a stormer like he did vs Chelsea.

Birmingham 0-2 Manchester United
Berbatov, Rooney

P.S, I'm going to back Rooney to score in every game until he does (H)

LOL at Wondermanager...Foster (O.G) that would be a knife to the heart of the lad, never got given a chance at united, now the one night to prove he was worthy of succeeding Edwin VDS and he scores an (O.G) that would be classic!!! but agreed with the above, saying its will be tight, Birm are a tough team to beat at home (ask chelsea) but being a staunch Man U, fan, gona say they will edge out a victory, (if we play with the tempo we played in the first half against Sunderland) Berbatov is on fine form, so will definatly say he will be the scorer, or at least the provider.

I'm gonna say a 0-0 draw with Man u dominating the whole game. One can hope anyway.

Birmingham are going to get dicked.
I won't predict the score but it's going to be men against boys tonight.

Birmingham are certainly no pushovers and especially at St.Andrews it can be a tough game for anyone and Alex Mcleish has done a great job.

But I think United are reaching some good form and Rooney is looking like he is the centre of everything United is doing again.... more so in a creative force. Berbatov is scoring goals and I have been very impressed with Anderson lately... this lad looks like someone to watch.... he is a real work horse and I think he has the ability to become World Class.

My prediction:

United will be pushed hard for 3 pts at St.Andrews as always but I think our defence is looking solid at the moment and Rooney/Anderson/Berba look deadly.

Birmingham 0 - 2 Manchester United
Rooney x 2

Manchester United's away form has been sketchy this season. One win thus far I believe?

3 away games in their next 4 fixtures will test them considerably.

Birmingham 1 - 1 Manchester United.

Manchester United's away form has been sketchy this season. One win thus far I believe?

3 away games in their next 4 fixtures will test them considerably.

Birmingham 1 - 1 Manchester United.

Pretty sure we've won more than 1 away from home...

tight affair, united to sneak by a goal, either 1-0 or 2-1

Back