Birmingham v Newcastle

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Preview followed by live coverage of Tuesday's game between Birmingham and Newcastle in the Premier League.

More...

With us in pretty decent form, winning 4 out of the last 5 games drawing the other in all competitions, an our overall home record in the premier league this season and last its quite hard to look past us for a result of some sort.

Although after beating West Ham and Stoke on the trot a win seems unlikely, Im not sure i remember us ever winning 3 on the bounce in the Premiership before...

I will be positive and say we will win tonight because we are more than capable, 2-1, Martins to score.

Although being the Premiership of this year and Newcastle being very unpredictable who knows, they are certainly capable of getting a result.

The realistic prediction would be the draw.

KRO!

I say 2-1 win to Newcastle. We'll go 2-0 and with 20 minutes left to go we'll be put under very heavy pressure conceding one in the process.

I have a feeling it will be 1-1 but Im hoping for another 1-0

Going to match ( as I always do) but I can see myself falling asleep if we play like we did against Stoke!
Prediction:
Blues 4 - 2 Newcastle
( The 6 goals should keep me awake!)

This will be a really interesting game. I think Newcastle will struggle against a rejuvenated Birmingham side. I'm going 2-0 to Brum, Zigic and Martins.

Always do well against the Blues, i'll go for a comfortable 2-0 away win. Best with a first half goal, then Kuqi with an injury time game-settler

Always do well against the Blues, i'll go for a comfortable 2-0 away win. Best with a first half goal, then Kuqi with an injury time game-settler

Our last 5 games against them at St Andrews have been draws, not what I'd call always doing well.

Hopefully we can keep up our performance from the last 1.5 games, and find that finishing ability we lacked against Blackburn. I don't have confidence in the Lovenkrands/Best partnership though, the sooner Shola is back or Ranger breaks through the better.

I expect a 1-1. Cookie scores for Newcastle and Jerome for Birmingham.

Our last 5 games against them at St Andrews have been draws, not what I'd call always doing well.

Hopefully we can keep up our performance from the last 1.5 games, and find that finishing ability we lacked against Blackburn. I don't have confidence in the Lovenkrands/Best partnership though, the sooner Shola is back or Ranger breaks through the better.

But now i feel we have a superior team to those of the "last 5 games"

I'd hate to lose to Birmingham, considering i live there and the only Newcastle fan ... Even 1-0 will do me fine:)

Gutierrez low delivery, Lovenkrands sticks it in. 1-0 in first 2 mins.