• Views Views 2K

Billy

#THFC
Reaction score
Birmingham+City+Football+Club+Logo+Live+sports+tv+on+pc.png
Tottenham-Hotspur-logo.png

Birmingham v Tottenham

Team news

McLeish could keep faith with the side that booked their place in the last four of the Carling Cup. Matchwinner Nikola Zigic picked up a knock at the tail end of the midweek tussle but should be OK for Spurs.

Alexander Hleb missed the Villa victory with a hamstring injury and the on-loan Barcelona playmaker could miss out again, while James McFadden remains a long-term casualty.

One player who could force his way into McLeish's first-team plans is Craig Gardner after he replaced Lee Bowyer in the second-half on Wednesday and impressed after recovering from an ankle injury.

Spurs, meanwhile, have a worrying 11 first-team members doubtful or out of Saturday's fixture.

Redknapp looks set to be without Rafael Van der Vaart for a month after he hurt his troublesome hamstring in last weekend's success over the Reds.

The White Hart Lane tactician also saw Younes Kaboul hurt his hip and he is definitely out of the trip to St Andrews as well.

Van der Vaart and Kaboul join a lengthy casualty list which includes Tom Huddlestone (ankle), Johnathan Woodgate, Ledley King, (both groin) and Jamie O'Hara (back).

Redknapp has Michael Dawson (knee), Jermaine Jenas, David Bentley (both calf), Giovani Dos Santos (abdominal) and Robbie Keane (ankle) all pencilled in to return to fitness this week but it remains to be seen how many make his matchday squad.

The glimmer of light for Spurs is that Jermain Defoe is fully fit and he could make his first league start since August alongside Peter Crouch or Roman Pavlyuchenko.

Possible starting XIs:

Birmingham: Foster, Ridgewell, Dann, Johnson, Carr, Fahey, Bowyer, Ferguson, Larsson, Zigic, Jerome.

Tottenham: Gomes, Assou-Ekotto, Bassong, Gallas, Hutton, Bale, Modric, Palacios, Lennon, Crouch, Defoe.

I'm predicting Birmingham 1 - 1 Tottenham for this one. The Birmingham players and fans alike will be up for the game after their winner against Villa in the cup. I think we have enough talent in our team even with the injuries to get a goal though.

i think Big Eck may make some changes, Zig cant cope for 90 minutes a week never mind 180,

i can see an extra midfielder being played, Craig Gardner may come in, or he may try Derbyshire from the start. When predicting McCleish though, its unlikely he will change a successful side. We are now unbeaten in 4 games against Man City A, Chelsea H, Fulham A and Villa H, so it is unlikely he will make wholesale changes. If i was going to freshen things up, i would maybe play Michel, he has looked brilliant when given the chance, although Bowyer is in good form at the moment. I hope were not naive and play Zigic once again, although he got the winner, he was awful and has been awful in every game he's played so far. Matt Derbyshire FTW!

I think you are being very modest of your team in all fairness, i can't see anything but a Spurs win. Although we will be on a high from mid week that could provide some very much not needed hangover and complacency. Although i am quite negative about tomorrows game, i just can't bet against my own team, its not in my nature. So im gonna follow your result and say 1-1, although i think that is optimistic.

Birmingham 1-2 Tottenham

We will either win or draw. Cant see us losing this one.

I think it will be a boring 0-0.

I can't see that. Spurs always score and Birmingham are a good side at home, 1-1 me thinks.

Also, why have you got Chelsea's youth team result instead of your last league result in your sig?...

I can't see that. Spurs always score and Birmingham are a good side at home, 1-1 me thinks.

Also, why have you got Chelsea's youth team result instead of your last league result in your sig?...

I noticed that he changes it to youth or reserves if Chelsea lose/draw that week.

But any way I am unsure how this will go But I think if Tottenham score first they will win while if Birmingham score first they wll get a result. I hope Zigic doesnt start but I hope he comes on around 70th minute to bully Gallas who may just have a moaning fit against us again.

Hopefully, we will take those three points against a Birmingham side. We need to make difference in those games that our rivals for 4th spot didn't won.

Birmingham [1-3] Tottenham.

Because its depressing looking at a defeat thats why, pretty simple is you ask me. And as for my prediction its because Birmingham was the best defence we have come up against this season and Spurs are still very in-consistant.

Birmingham 1-1 Tottenham​

I said in my first post that knowing Big Eck he wont make any changes, but he is planning to switch a couple of things around for tomorrows game.
With a couple of niggles in the side that played Villa, and the need for rotation anyway, for player morale more than anything else.

I stand by my 1-1 score line, remaining in an optimistic mood.

Confirmed Line-ups:

Birmingham: Foster, Carr, Johnson, Dann, Ridgewell, Gardner, Ferguson, Beausejour, Bowyer, Fahey, Jerome. Subs: Taylor, Murphy, Larsson, Derbyshire, Michel, Zigic, Jiranek.

Tottenham: Gomes, Hutton, Gallas, Bassong, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Palacios, Modric, Bale, Crouch, Defoe. Subs: Cudicini, Pavlyuchenko, Dawson, Kranjcar, Corluka, Sandro, Pletikosa.

2 goalkeepers on the bench for Spurs? Or is Pletikosa not who I think he is?

Last edited:
Spurs 4 - 0 Birmingham.
Defoe, Bale x2, Crouch. (; <3

2 goalkeepers on the bench for Spurs? Or is Pletikosa not who I think he is?

Yes, two goalkeepers. It has me curious too... and worried about Gomes' fitness.

Back