Birmingham v Tottenham Hotspur [15:00 - 04/12/10]

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 2K
fair result IMO we had more shots in the game and I fell Hutton should have been sent off for a headbutt

After that second half by spurs and the fighting spirit by birmingham, i definitely agree, however i think murphy should of either been carded or sent off for his challenge on hutton and i dont blame hutton for his reaction either, the ref had ignored 3+ bad tackles on him already throughout the game

I thought we were very naive and gave Spurs too much respect in the first half, although the second half performance was spot on! Every player on the park played well, Jerome shocked me by how he fought for every ball, and Zigic was industrious with the balls he had, great header for Craig to put away.

Spurs controlled the first half, but we definitely controlled the second, we had 3 clear cut chances that should have all been put away!! Gardners first header, Ridgewell free in the box, then Gardner put the last one away thankfully! Fully deserved point IMO.

Although the referee was shocking today, blowing up for every breath made onto opposition players, take a step back kevin friend, you may have a good game!
And the linesman who was down the Tilton end of the pitch was AWFUL throughout, there were 3 clear offsides for spurs, and two obvious ones from us that he just left, also he had a couple of easy decisions to make with just who's throw in it was etc, and got them wrong. Both sets of players were astonished at his decisions throughout the game.
Kevin Friend and his officials definitely ent no friends of mine!! Demotion to the Championship is in order!

Oh and i was on the other side of the ground to Murphy's challenge, first thing i said was, he's off, really late, although Hutton is a prat, both should have gone.

And... i got my prediction right 8-|

As I said, we could only win or draw. Fair result in the end though i wanted a win :(

Back