BJT BALL - FM21 (x14 systems), new 253 system (+110GD)

BJT

Reaction score
BJT BALL - FM21 (x14)

Greetz all, this will be my page where I’ll upload my systems for this year’s FM. For those that haven’t tried any of my systems previously, I try to create tactics based on football from the past and present rather than creating a system to solely counter/exploit the ME.

This year I’m only intending to release a select number of tactics that will reflect the styles of football that I enjoy to watch my teams play. I’ve tried to create a varied pack to play with, and for any dloaders I hope you will enjoy seeing the football at work. Any tweaks in-line with the style always highly appreciated.

Patch Updates
** = denotes working on 21.1.0
Durable

**433 – Never Alone, (Liverpool – 94pts quad) Style = Klopp/Benitez Liverpool (updated)
**442 – Speed (Watford – 111pts) Style = Sir Alex Man Utd
**424 – Brawler (Watford 101pts) Style = Pulis Stoke / Klopp Liverpool
**4141(tm) – Stone (Watford 100pts) Style = Jose Chelsea (updated)
**4411 - Marbella (Watford 100 pts) Style = Big Sam BJT'd
**343 Passion – (Watford 107 pts) Style = Conte Chelsea (post #2) (updated)

Superior Sides

**4231 – The Burn (Liverpool – 102pts, ecl, epl, cc) Style = Klopp BVB (updated)
**41212 – Fire In The Hole (Liverpool – 95pts, ecl, epl) Style = Ancelotti Milan (updated)
**2323 – Serenity (Liverpool – 91pts, ecl, epl) Style = Pep City
**2323 – Cat N' Mouse (Liverpool – 91pts, ecl, epl) Style = Pep Barca
**3412 – Hard.Times (Liverpool – 97pts, ecl, epl) Style = Van Gaal BJT’d
**352 – No Fear (Liverpool – 96 pts, ecl, epl) Style – Conte BJT’d (post #2) (updated)

Wacky Systems

**253 – Seek N Thrill (Liverpool S2 – 102 pts quad) – BJT (post #6) / Goal Dif +110
**41212 - Cloak N Dagger (Liverpool S2 – 98 pts quad) – BJT (post #6 GD +86)
**4231 - Seeing Double (Liverpool S2 - 94 pts quad) - BJT (post #2)
**4114 - Avalanche (Liverpool S2 - 92 pts quad) - BJT (post #2)

OIs

I only use positional OIs tab rather than on individual players. This serves the purpose of facilitating the defensive strategy I like to employ.

Generally I like my teams to remain compact, to draw teams down the flanks, make them highly predictable forcing them to cross the ball into the box, and increase the opportunities to counter effectively from deep.

So do ensure these are set. You can if you want play with more individual OIs – but I prefer my sides to focus on shape retention rather than exploiting any individual weaknesses, as by doing this may potentially compromise the defensive shape – and allows me to be more lazy =)

OIs (for 4231,442,2323(city),41212,424.3412,4411,253,4114)

LB/WBL/ML/AML – show onto left foot
RB/WBR/MR/AMR – show onto right foot
SC – show onto weaker foot

OIs (for 433,4141.343,352)

LB/WBL– show onto left foot
ML/AML – show onto weaker foot
RB/WBR– show onto right foot
MR/AMR – show onto weaker foot

OIs (for 2323 Barca)

LB/WBL– show onto right foot
ML/AML – show onto left foot
RB/WBR– show onto left foot
MR/AMR – show onto right foot

Systems

-BJT 433 Never.Alone – 94 pts, ECL, EPL, FA, CC (Liverp)

This system was inspired by looking at today’s Liverpool team, replacing the current midfield with Mascherano, Xabi Alonso and Steven Gerrard.

It uses the attacking mentality, and you’ll need a quick, hard working side with quality up top in this 433 system. It should work well at most levels, but may say lack a bit of creativity and enough possession in a league like La Liga.

433 - LIV QUAD.png
433 - SHAPE.png

-BJT 4231 The.Burn – 102 pts, ECL, EPL, CC (Liverp)

This is based on Klopp’s BVB side, gegenpressing high up but with creativity in Midfield with Gotze pulling the strings.

It uses the positive mentality, and you’ll need a hard working and more technical team for this to work well. It will work best with a superior side.

4231 TABLE - LIV.png
4231 SHAPE.png

-BJT 442 Speed – 111 pts (Watford)

This system has a blend of a Xabi Alonso and Gerrard midfield combination, and a Wayne Rooney and Van Nistelrooy Man Utd strike force.

Quick tempo football that will focus the play down the flanks, and utilise Schmeichaels' long throw, it has a strong Man Utd Sir Alex Ferguson style of play. It should work well at most levels.

442 TABLE - WAT.png
442 SHAPE.png

-BJT 2323 Serenity – 91 pts, ECL, EPL (Liverp)

This is my Pep Guardiola “City Taka” for this year’s FM and is all about the aesthetics rather than effectiveness. This version uses the half-back role in the DM slot, although for a more aggressive version a DLP-D duty could be used.

Only designed for squads with the very best players available at your disposal, at the level Pep Guardiola would need to win things – and will be why as a stand alone tactic, be less effective. I’d recommend this in leagues outside of England and Germany due to the styles of football, and with a vast superior side.

2323 TABLE - LIV.png
2323 SHAPE.png

-BJT 41212 Fire In The Hole – 95 pts, ECL, EPL (Liverp)

This system is my 442 diamond which aims to play in a style of Ancelotti’s AC Milan. It features Pirlo the Regista pinging those killer balls and Kaka a Trequartista.

A balance of good in possession, with the ability to hit teams on the counter and solid in a narrow structure. You’ll need some world class players in the AM and DM positions to get the most out of this tactic, with very good CB’s to cover both the regista and two wing-backs on each flank. Best with a superior team.

41212 TABLE - LIV.png
41212 SHAPE.png

-BJT 4141 Stone – 100 pts (Watford)

This system is my solo Target Man system, based on Mourinho’s Chelsea with Drogba and Lampard getting forward regularly from midfield with the solid Makele the DM, but tweaked to suit more of my style, which is a little more offensive and symmetry on the flanks.

It uses the attacking mentality, a standard dl line and has a slightly more direct approach. Probably quite a boring system to watch – but it is effective, and if you’ve got useless strikers and just a lump up top in your squad, then this isn’t a bad system to try out.

4141 TABLE - WAT.png
4141 SHAPE.png

-BJT 424 Brawler – 101 pts (Watford)

This system is my gegen hoofball version for this year. It utilises two pressing forwards and two flank players in the AM part of the pitch, with the objective to simply out press the opposition.

It uses the attacking mentality, and think of it as a mix of Tony Pulis and Klopp football in one. Best with sub-top sides.

424 TABLE - WAT.png
424 SHAPE.png

-BJT 3412 Hard Times – 97 pts, ECL, EPL (Liverp)

Initially I tried to produce Van Gaal’s 3412 system. But after achieving only FA successes with his dire football, I decided to put my own spin on things with this ending up more of a 31312.

Not as gungho as a 3412 with wingers, its an asymmetric design to provide a better degree of offense and defensive balance. I tested it also in Italy and Spain to see if it could adapt to the different leagues. I won titles with Barca, the Serie A and ECL with Juve, and the ECL Prem double with Liverpool.

3412 TABLE -LIV.png
3412 SHAPE.png

-BJT 2323 Cat N' Mouse – 91 pts, ECL, EPL (Liverp)

This is the Pep alternative. This is all about possession play again focused down the centre of the pitch, with my preference of both Alba and Alves playing as the highly offensive wing-backs and of course the False 9 up top.

Midfield roles are always ambiguous at Barca, so I've gone with the movement of the Box to Box midfielder for the Xavi role - but a player with the right PPMs would suit this perfectly.

The same applies, it will only be useful with top sides and preferably outside leagues such as England and Germany where Tiki Taka football is at its weakest.

2323 - POOL.png
2323 SHAPE.png

-BJT 4411 Marbella – 100 pts (Watford)

This is my attempt to make a favourite Big Sam formation into one a little more exciting at the top of the pitch. It plays slightly more direct, but rather than lumping up to a Big Man, it will play accurate passes into space for the wingers and advanced forward to run into - with a shadow striker making forwards runs into the box.

It will be suited at most levels, but perhaps not really suited for the very top sides due to this style of game.

4411 table.png
4411 shape.png

Attachments

• BJT-424-FM21-BRAWLER.fmf
    47.9 KB · Views: 495
  • BJT-442-FM21-SPEED.fmf
    47.2 KB · Views: 771
  • BJT-2323-FM21-SERENITY.fmf
    46.8 KB · Views: 428
  • BJT-2323-FM21-CAT.N.MOUSE.fmf
    47 KB · Views: 422
  • BJT-4411-FM21-MARBELLA.fmf
    47.2 KB · Views: 386
  • BJT-433-FM21-NEVER.ALONE-21.1.1.fmf
    47.2 KB · Views: 646
  • BJT-4231-FM21-THE.BURN-21.1.1.fmf
    47.7 KB · Views: 877
  • BJT-4141-FM21-STONE-21.1.1.fmf
    47.8 KB · Views: 350
  • BJT-41212-FM21-FIRE.IN.THE.HOLE-21.1.1.fmf
    46.6 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
BJT TACTICS CONTINUED (exceeded file and character limits!)

-BJT 352 No Fear – 96 pts, ECL, EPL (Liverpool)

This is my style of playing the 352. It’s based on a Conte way of playing, but changed a bit to implement a style I’m happier with.

Using a regista behind two supporting mezzala’s, it looks to bring a greater degree of ability with possession of the football, and also to counter from deep using the regista’s range of passing, thus having a more direct approach when the opportunities arise to do so.

352 LIVERPOOL.png
352 SHAPE.png

-BJT 343 Passion – 107 pts (Watford)

This is my 343 based on Conte’s title winning Chelsea side. With Matic and Kante the two BBMs taking it in turns to go forward, and Luiz the Libero.

It’s designed to work like a well oiled machine, both going forward and defensively. Despite having a general lack of creativity, it’s solid and you’ll be able to grind out results at most levels.

343 WATFORD.png
343 SHAPE.png

Update Notes

Files Renamed 20.1.1 (previous removed)

433 Never Alone: Role Changes, GK distribution (Lpool - EPL, ECL, CC)
4231 The Burn: Striker Role (Lpool - EPL, ECL, FA)
4141 Stone: TIs (Watford 101 pts)
343 Passion: Roles, TIs (Watford 104 pts)
352 No Fear: Role, Mentality (Lpool - EPL, ECL)
41212 Fire In The Hole: PIs, Role (Lpool - EPL, ECL)

Attachments

• BJT-343-FM21-PASSION-21.1.1.fmf
    47.3 KB · Views: 404
  • BJT-352-FM21-NO.FEAR-21.1.1.fmf
    46.5 KB · Views: 294
  • BJT-4114-FM21-AVALANCHE.fmf
    47.6 KB · Views: 169
  • BJT-4231-FM21-SEEING.DOUBLE.fmf
    47.6 KB · Views: 252
  • BJT-3412-FM21-HARD.TIMES.fmf
    46.9 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
-BJT 253 Seek N’ Thrill – pep/klopp hybrid

Style = Pep / Klopp

Best Results

102 pts, Quintet (Liverpool S2, 1st place EPL) – 110+ GD

109 pts (Watford 1st place Championship)

104 pts (York 1st place Vanarama North)

---

253 SHAPE.png

This is my outside the box tactic for this FM. This has a very aggressive fluid 4132 formation, but the way I’ve made this function is it plays in a 253 attacking shape that implements elements from both Pep and Klopp into one system, and plays a blend of both effective and good football on the eye.

Klopp and Pep into One

It’s all about the Klopp gegenpress, quick, attacking, and fluid / counter football, but with the added focus when no quick counter is available, to bring the inverted wing-backs into play high up into the opponents half to then act as midfielders, a ploy Pep has used many times in the past both at Bayern and City.

So the idea is to get the best elements of Klopp counterpressing / counter attacking high up the pitch, along with Pep’s passing game into one, to try open up teams with a better build up and adding more creativity when camping in the opponents third. However here, the passing will be quicker and incisive.

So this is my Seek N’ Thrill 253 system that can either be used as a standalone tactic if you want to score lots of goals disregarding the defence, or if you’re chasing a goal and want to go more offensive.

Highly Offensive Goalscoring System

On its own, it hit the 110+ goal difference with my improved Liverpool Serason 2 side, scoring 141 goals and conceding 31. So if you want to score lots of goals and have fun playing in a gungho, but footballing manner, this will be the system to give a try.

It is geared for the superior sides in my thought process of creating this tactic – but it seems it can still work well enough with less superior ones, but I would expect it to be less consistent as in theory more able players would be needed to pull the tactic off.

To see how it fared across different levels, here are screenshots from my best results in the Prem, Championship, and Vanarama North. You won’t always get these point tallies, but it’s a capable system and the better quality players you have, the better and more consistent it should hopefully perform.

253 LIVERPOOL.png

253 WATFORD.png

253 YORK.png

Opposition Instructions

Don’t forget to use the following OIs, which should hopefully help promote greater solidity and therefore help with greater consistency of this system, especially given it is a highly offensive formation and will naturally be less suited to lower league football.

--

-BJT 41212 Cloak N’ Dagger – SAF / Klopp hybrid

41212 SHAPE.png

Best Results

98 pts, Quad (Liverpool S2, 1st place EPL)

100 pts (Watford 1st place Championship)

92 pts (York 1st place Vanarama North)

41212 POOL.png

41212 WATFORD.png

41212 YORK.png

=

Sister Tactic to Seek and Thrill

This is my sister tactic for the 253 Seek N’ Thrill. Where as Seek and Thrill used Wingers and Inverted Wingbacks with passing movements more like Pep going through the middle of the pitch, this instead uses Wing-backs and Inverted Wingers with a more SAF style, and rather than being easy on the eye – it’s more about hard graft, get it out wide focusing play down the flanks, and let the inverted wingers / wingbacks do the damage.

So the style of play and transitions will differ a bit, but hopefully this is an alternative for a side that has inverted wingers rather than wingers in their squad.

I always loved the idea of a diamond with Wingers as a kid as all my favourite players of the past typically would fill out these positions on the pitch – although it’s only just now I’ve tried to create a shape and style of play to bring this about.

Klopp / SAF Hybrid

This is more a Klopp / SAF style tactic in the way it plays, and will probably be a little bit more suited to less able sides in comparison to Seek and Thrill where there is more of a build up that would require more technical players.

Opposition Instructions

Don’t forget to use the following OIs, which should hopefully help promote greater solidity and therefore help with greater consistency of this system.

Attachments

• BJT-253-FM21-SEEK.N.THRILL.fmf
    46.8 KB · Views: 530
  • BJT-41212-FM21-CLOAK.N.DAGGER.fmf
    46.9 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Nice to see you back BJT!

Have these been tested for the full release of fm21? Have noticed some tactics have been less effective than they were on beta. I eventually got my tactic to how i wanted it to work and now its went to **** now the full release is out :cry:

Reactions: BJT
Howdy to the fearsome Ger! ;) Yeh, about time the new game is out =)

The 253 was on the final game that I have just released today.... the rest were on the Beta, but the Pep Barca tactic 2323 won the ECL with PSG with high possession football on the final game too so that one will still work (played with that last night. But I'm hoping most of them will still work relatively well as you know me - mr logical with my systems!)

But overtime if I find out they don't work I'll delete and replace (not sure why my post went to this part of the tactics area instead of the other one which is a real pain).

I'm about to do a Gills Career on here and I'm forced to play a 4141 and I have no one that can score goals for 4 odd months. So if I get sacked, it's safe to say that won't be working!

Howdy to the fearsome Ger! ;) Yeh, about time the new game is out =)

The 253 was on the final game that I have just released today.... the rest were on the Beta, but the Pep Barca tactic 2323 won the ECL with PSG with high possession football on the final game too so that one will still work (played with that last night. But I'm hoping most of them will still work relatively well as you know me - mr logical with my systems!)

But overtime if I find out they don't work I'll delete and replace (not sure why my post went to this part of the tactics area instead of the other one which is a real pain).

I'm about to do a Gills Career on here and I'm forced to play a 4141 and I have no one that can score goals for 4 odd months. So if I get sacked, it's safe to say that won't be working!
Less of the Ger!! lol

I had my 4231 working like a dream but tried it again tonight and its way less effective so im assuming they updated the ME with the full release. But just read that some tactics seem to still be working fine so ill try tweak mien see if i can get it to where i want it to be again.

Read your write up on your Gills save wil be tough but if anyone can do it its the English Mourinho lol

• Haha
Reactions: BJT
I found that hard to make at first the system seemed quite weak to other formations. Well if you get bored mate, feel free to test out a few of these and let me know if you get sacked lol or any that underachieve!

Haha - yeah I've already showed my lack of player knowledge, brought in two old farts for near 150k to do an experienced job ;) I should probably have managed in Italy....

I found that hard to make at first the system seemed quite weak to other formations. Well if you get bored mate, feel free to test out a few of these and let me know if you get sacked lol or any that underachieve!

Haha - yeah I've already showed my lack of player knowledge, brought in two old farts for near 150k to do an experienced job ;) I should probably have managed in Italy....
I have found that doing tests vary massively if you holiday rather than play the matches. Even using the Instant Result button has much different results to going on holiday so me testing may not be such a good idea lol I am waiting until TYouch is released next week before i do anymore testing

Yeah I always thought on the full version of the game this would be more likely as there are more variables. But I figure if you can still get a decent points score or win the big trophies, it's still not a bad indicator as the tactic would still have a degree or potential I think. Just hire a decent *** man n u shud be gud to go.

To be honest I ordered touch originally, but with the delay I thought **** it let's just get the full game then this year and play on touch when it's out later!

Yeah I always thought on the full version of the game this would be more likely as there are more variables. But I figure if you can still get a decent points score or win the big trophies, it's still not a bad indicator as the tactic would still have a degree or potential I think. Just hire a decent *** man n u shud be gud to go.

To be honest I ordered touch originally, but with the delay I thought **** it let's just get the full game then this year and play on touch when it's out later!
Touch is released on the 1st Dec so only 1 more week. I will still mess around n this version but im finding my PC is too slow for it. So thinking Santa may be good to me for xmas this year and buy me a new PC! I like some stuff in the full version of the game but these is stuff i cant be bothered with. And thats with me delegating alot of stuff out to my staff. Next year you will be able to decide who sits where on the team bus going to matches!

Yeah, thing was I had some spare holidays to use up - and booked it for this week lol. To my surprise I'm actually not minding the full version too much... as long as you delegate everything and get an assistant in to do the job and that suits your tactical style, then you should be good to go I think.

Lol yeah unless it's the Spurs bus where Jose be by himself innit :p Funnily enough I got a new laptop just last week, so you should definitely follow suit! My last one was only about 3.5 years and couldn't really watch anything in 3d without it skipping.

Yeah, thing was I had some spare holidays to use up - and booked it for this week lol. To my surprise I'm actually not minding the full version too much... as long as you delegate everything and get an assistant in to do the job and that suits your tactical style, then you should be good to go I think.

Lol yeah unless it's the Spurs bus where Jose be by himself innit :p Funnily enough I got a new laptop just last week, so you should definitely follow suit! My last one was only about 3.5 years and couldn't really watch anything in 3d without it skipping.
What spec did you go for? I want 1 that is going to run like a dream even with every league uploaded and my heart will be content with all the wonderkids i can sign lol

Any players stick out for you so far?

This is the one I got...

Budget gaming laptop, should do the job for FM :) Lol yeah, you n ur kids. What wonderkids? You know the answer to that one! I haven't played with enough clubs to really judge at the moment. All I know is that Man U for some reason are overpowered and Chelsea a bit over-rated.

Players like Pogba and Martial should have work rate of about 5 or 6 not any higher not sure who gave them those stats.

This is the one I got...

Budget gaming laptop, should do the job for FM :) Lol yeah, you n ur kids. What wonderkids? You know the answer to that one! I haven't played with enough clubs to really judge at the moment. All I know is that Man U for some reason are overpowered and Chelsea a bit over-rated.

Players like Pogba and Martial should have work rate of about 5 or 6 not any higher not sure who gave them those stats.
Man Utd are crazily over powered! Tried i save with them and did the clean sweep 1st season.

And i know your feelings on wonderkids lol I meant you found any hidden gems doesnt need to be wonderkids even some golden oldies will do! I usually do a Sunderland save so thinking of that beig my next project. Did Celtic (Obviously) then MAn Utd, just finished almost 10 seasons with Hearts so ready for my next project

This is the one I got...

A budget laptop??? Would hate to see you buying an exspensive 1 lol! With those specs fm21 must run smoothly i hope?

Yep... all cause of incorrect stats. They also have the most inconsistent players all over their squad, I hope they will fix this in an update once they resolved all the current bugs that are about.

Well, Wyke my Sunderland signing was at the double in my debut game just now! I would say with my PSG ECL run, that DMC Danilo didn't do a bad job at Half Back even though he didn't look that great technically or the two under rated fullbacks they have, they surprised me.

I'm sure in due course though I'll give you pages of golden oldies lol. Still sounds like your an FM machine...imagine you on touch!

A budget laptop??? Would hate to see you buying an exspensive 1 lol! With those specs fm21 must run smoothly i hope?
Budget "Gaming" Laptop ;) It was also cheaper kos of the deals at the moment paid about 1150. They tend to consider anything a grand or a bit above more budget gaming so I believe :)

Well this particular Dell Laptop came with Alienware software - which is the name for their gaming laptops. So you can push the CPU a bit, but this laptop doesn't have the cooling of those laptops - so you can't really get the most out of it, and if you try it just overheats.

I just wanted good components and which I won't put too much strain on it when used- and it's working great on this FM without putting strain on it. But I think if you want good smooth graphics, you're best on a desktop. I have it on medium graphic settings on this and it's fine, good enough v happy with it. Hopefully give me 4 or 5 years before the next!