GazaLaad

Reaction score
Blackburn appoint Bernard

After the disastrous reign of Steve Kean which saw there team get relegated many fans of Blackburn were glad to see the back of him. But now another virtually unknown Scottish manager, Gary Bernard has been given the task of returning them to the Premier League where many fans feel they belong.

Will Bernard take Blackburn back to the heights of the early nineties or will he be another Scottish flop?

View attachment 291406

Last edited:
Bernard "We will win the league"

Sky Sports news managed to catch up with newly appointed Blackburn manager Gary Bernard today as he answered questions and interacted with the press in what was his official unveiling.

Interviewer
You took the job after Blackburn was relegated and you have no managerial experience what-so ever so why are you the right man for the job?
Bernard
I took the job because I believe in myself and I believe in this club. I tell you now, we will win the league.

Interviewer
Strong words from a rookie manager in a very tough league don't you think?
Bernard
Yes the league is tough and its a long season but I believe in my squad and staff.

Interviewer
So how do you intend on making sure that Blackburn get into the English Premier League and stay there?
Bernard
I intend on sorting out the clubs finances by setting a wage cap of £30,000 per week for the Championship and when we are promoted that will be reviewed and changed if required.

Interviewer

So last question. Will any players have to take a wage cut or leave in order to meet this new budget?
Bernard
Thank you for listening to me today. Onwards and upwards.

View attachment 291443

Last edited:
Duo leave on loan

It was announced today that Bernard's first piece of business as Blackburn manager was to allow right back Bruno Ribeiro to join Sao Paulo on a season long loan to try and get some first team football. The 29 year old joined Blackburn last year but didn't make a single appearance for the club and it seems again that Ribeiro does not feature in Blackburn's plans for the coming season.

Argentinian attacking midfielder Mauro Formica also left Blackburn today, this time on loan to fellow Championship contenders Wolves. Formica played 34 games for Blackburn last season scoring four goals but this doesn't seem to be enough for him to feature in Bernard's plans in the season ahead.

View attachment 291521View attachment 291522

First signing

Blackburn made there first signing since they were relegated today as they snapped up Manchester City starlet John Guidetti on a season long loan. Bernard will be hoping that the 20 year old Swedish striker can help fire Blackburn back into the English Premier League and Guidetti will be looking to impress enough to force his way into Manchester City's multi million pound squad.

View attachment 291523

Splash the cash

Blackburn splashed the cash today as they paid a massive £2,000,000 for Hungarian defender Vilmos Vanczak from Swiss Champions Sion. The defender was rumoured to be joining Champions League side Celtic but on his arrival at Blackburn today he told reporters,

"Yes I had other offers but Blackburn are a massive club and they are on the up. I believe I can play Champions League football here one day.

View attachment 291524

Last edited:
Accrington 0 Blackburn 0

Blackburn began life under new manager Gary Bernard with a bore draw away to League 2 side Accrington. The highlight of the match was David Dunn's sending off 2 minutes in but after that the game died out and it ended in stalemate. Bernard told reporters after the game.

"We were poor today but it was our first game and I am sure we will improve in the games to come."

View attachment 291519

Preston 2 Blackburn 0

In what was a poor match all round Preston profited from a terrible display from young Scottish defender Grant Hanley as they ran out 2-0 winners in a match that saw Blackburn fail to score under new manager Gary Bernard again. Bernard told waiting reporters.

"We need to start taking chances. We have two games left then we need to be ready to play some competitive football."

View attachment 291530

MK Dons 3 Blackburn 2
(Vukcevic. Gomes)

Blackburn manager Gary Bernard continued to see his team under perform this team going down to MK Dons in what is there second last friendly before the league season starts. Bernard spoke to Sky Sports after the match.

"I am very angry at the team after that but thankfully we have got that all important first goal and we can build from there."

View attachment 291538

Blackburn 0 River Plate 1

After 4 pre season matches and 0 wins so far Blackburn fans will be seeing shades of last season about there team under Bernard. They went behind early and never looked like finding a way back into the match. Bernard refused to speak to reporters after the match.

View attachment 291543

Last edited:
i'm hoping you ain't going to do a new post for every match :p would be a very very long story :L but i'm liking it so far, good luck, will be following

Nah I will do it on a month by month basis mate.. Had a poor pre season but played about with tactics and that so hopefully be ready for new season.

Cheers for following!!

August

Blackburn 2 Leeds Utd 0
(Rhodes. Rochina)

Gary Bernard enjoyed his first ever competitive match as his team got Championship life of to a winning start when they defeated Leeds in the season opener at Ewood Park. Two goals in two minutes saw Blackburn get over there poor pre season and get an early three points on the board.

View attachment 291553

Crystal Palace 1 Blackburn 0

After getting off to a winning start last week Bernard and his boys were brought down to earth with a bang when they were defeated by Palace today. Bernard told Sky Sports reporters after the match.

"Last week we were amazing and we deserved the win, this week we were poor and got what we deserved so we need to try and play more consistently."

View attachment 291563

Blackburn 2 Sheffield Wed 1
(Rhodes x2)

Jordan Rhodes stole the show as Blackburn made it two wins out of two at Ewood Park. Bernard still wont be happy with his team as they looked to switch of after they went 2-0 up but a win is a win for the rookie manager. Bernard refused to speak to the waiting press after the match.

View attachment 291567

Bernard updates website blog

I would like to thank all the fans who bought season tickets to follow us in our quest to get back into the Premier League, and its with there help we will build on a positive start to the season and get back where we belong.

After a poor pre season the fans stood by the team and they have had two fantastic wins at Ewood Park. The defeat at Selhurst was disappointing but we bounced back and now we need a run of wins to kick start our season.

So again thank you to all the fans and well done to the players who have stood by the club.

Bring on September.

View attachment 291572

Good luck! I hope you can bring back the magic years of the early 90's :)

Jordan Rhodes is a beast in this league, what tactic are you going for? Attacking Wingers and a Poacher did wonders for me in my Wolves save

League Cup Round 2

Blackburn 2 Notts County 0
(Rhodes. Marcus Olsson)

Blackburn secured there place in the third round of the League Cup with a professional display against League 1 Notts County. After a poor first half two early second half goals saw Blackburn into the next round. Bernard told BBC Sport reporters.

"I am thrilled with the performance. That's the best I have seen the boys play and lets hope for a glamour tie in round 3."

View attachment 292047

Trip to the Hawthorns

A victory over Notts County in the second round of the League Cup has been rewarded with a trip to Premier League side West Brom. West Brom currently sit on four points after two games in the Premier League and will provide quality opposition for Bernard's Blackburn Rovers. Bernard told reporters.

"I would rather have been at home but we will go to West Brom and we will give our all."

Deadline Double

As the summer transfer market closed today Blackburn Rovers snatched up Dynamo Kiev midfielder Milos Ninkovic and also defensive midfielder Ayila Yussuf on loan until the end of the season. Its been widely rumoured that Bernard wasn't happy with the amount of cover he had in the middle of the park and it seems they rumours had some truth after the signing of the two midfielder based players. It is also worth noting that Yussuf can play in a central defenders role.

View attachment 292048View attachment 292049

Last edited:
Nottingham Forest 3 Blackburn 4
(Rhodes x3. Murphy)​

Blackburn triumphed in this seven goal thriller as they continued there good start to the campaign. A hat-trick from young Scottish striker Jordan Rhodes helped Blackburn on there way to there third win in four league games. A rather bemused Bernard told reporters after the match.

"I am thrilled with the three points and with Jordan for his hat-trick, but at the same time I am disappointed to lose the goals we did today. We were sloppy at the back and this must improve."

View attachment 292050

Wolves 0 Blackburn 1
(Marcus Olsson)

Blackburn were some what fortunate to escape from this match with any points never mind all three but after a grilling last week about defence Blackburn were strong at the back and they held off Wolves to come out with a precious win that sees them go top of the league even if it is only for a few hours.

View attachment 292051

Blackburn 2 Birmingham 0
(Pedersen. Yussuf)

Four League wins on the bounce have seen Blackburn put there poor pre-season behind them and have seen the club rise to the top of the Championship. Although very early in the season the fans view on Bernard seem to be changing after what was a hostile reception for the new manager when he first got the job. Bernard told Sky Sports.

"We played amazing football. Three very tough games against teams that all have a right to say they are title challengers and we come away with two clean sheets and nine points. Well done lads keep this up"

View attachment 292052

Last edited:
I'm pretty impressed with the results myself.. After pre-season I was a bit worried but the team looks sharp!!

Derby 2 Blackburn 0

A Michael Chopra brace was more than enough to ensure that Derby defeated a poor Blackburn side today as Bernard's lads slipped out of the top two down into third. Bernard told reporters after then match.

"We were poor today and we must improve for West Brom in the cup or it could get ugly."

View attachment 292411

League Cup Round 3

West Brom 1 Blackburn 2
(Martin Olsson. Rochina)

Blackburn showed they were no pushovers here as they progressed into the forth round of the League Cup. Blackburn weren't expected to get anything out of the match against Premier League opposition but the players upped there game and its Blackburn in the next round.

View attachment 292412

Blackburn to host QPR

After knocking out Premier League high flyers West Brom in the last round of the League Cup they now face a team that is performing even better in the league in the shape of fifth placed QPR. Bernard told Sky Sports News.

"We played brilliantly to get here and now we meet another great side in QPR, but on our day we can beat anyone so I say bring them on."

Blackburn 3 Hull City 1
(Yussuf. Richards. OG)

Blackburn had to come from a goal behind today but once they got up and running there confidence just grew and they never looked like losing this one. The win keeps Blackburn third just two points of top spot in the Championship. Bernard wasn't available for comment after the match.

View attachment 292413

Don't mess with the boss

Blackburn manager Gary Bernard showed he is no pushover today as he terminated Dickson Etuhu''s contract after the midfielder failed to turn up to training. This is just the latest in a long line of spats between Bernard and Dickson so its no real surprise that it has come to this.

Bernard updates blog for September

As many of you may have noticed I will be updating a blog monthly to allow you to see how the club is doing from the eyes of the manager.

September was an amazing month in the league with a massive four wins and only one loss. We played some good teams, teams that would consider themselves challengers for the league title and we came away with victory's so we can be very proud of that.

Also we are into the next round of the League Cup after a stunning victory over West Brom and we are all set to welcome QPR to Ewood Park at the end of October.

Lastly I am delighted to announce that the wage budget of £30,000 per player as a maximum amount has now been met after the departure of Dickson Etuhu who had his contract terminated for failing to abide by club rules.

Thank you

View attachment 292414
The League Table

Blackburn 4 Blackpool 1
(Rhodes. Martin Olsson. Guidetti. Ninkovic)

Three goals in the last five minutes made this game look alot more comfortable for Blackburn than it actually was but in the end they were the deserving winners from the match. With four different goal scorers as-well Bernard was delighted when he spoke to Sky Sports reporters after the match.

"The team is playing confidently and we are scoring from all over the park. Can a manager ask for any more from his team?"

View attachment 292417

I am officially impressed! 1-2 against West Brom is great! Maybe you should give Berg a couple of tips - looks like he could need it :)

Have you uploaded the tactic anywhere?