Blackburn's 'corner'

W4FC B3N

Reaction score
Ridiculous, IMHO! Andre Marriner had better get a rollocking for that, it's just so amazingly stupid that it's actually quite funny. I thought the first thing a referee is taught is to ALWAYS keep their eye on the ball so mistakes that cost teams points don't happen. I mean, if Alcaraz was punished due to video evidence when he (disgustingly) spat at a Wolves player, why can't the goal be disallowed for a blatant cheat.

It is honestly the worst refereeing decision I've ever seen, and I've seen some howlers!

He knew it at the restart kick off you could tell on his face he knew what a bad mistake it was but it was a genuine mistake no matter how bad so we can't string him up for it.

I have to say though, this is the worst refereeing decision I've ever seen and it happened yesterday in the Roma vs Lecce game.

[video=youtube;e9c0FbsEw6E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=e9c0FbsEw6E[/video]

Feel sorry for Osvaldo, that was his one 'moment' in his career and the referee/linesman robbed him.

Last edited:
I don't understand the goal at all.. Why would he be allowed to just run up the pitch with the ball when he should be taking a corner. I honestly can't believe that the referee, the linesmen and the fourth official were all looking elsewhere? Seriously.

I have to say though, this is the worst refereeing decision I've ever seen and it happened yesterday in the Roma vs Lecce game.

I hope you're joking.. That was a tough decision.

He knew it at the restart kick off you could tell on his face he knew what a bad mistake it was but it was a genuine mistake no matter how bad so we can't string him up for it.

[video=youtube;P0lyKB5xU98]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0lyKB5xU98[/video]

Feel sorry for Osvaldo, that was his one 'moment' in his career and the referee/linesman robbed him.

Been searching the internet for that clip, but no one seems to have it due to the legal right of Serie A.

Felt sorry for Wigan as that basicially was a free run into thier box :(

I hope you're joking.. That was a tough decision.
I mean from the point of view of the player, if you work your way up as a footballer then get that kind of special goal disallowed wrongly it would probably feel like the worst decision ever made. It wasn't that tough, for an English linesman, but an Italian linesman gets something like 3 out of 5 offside calls wrong and Spanish linesmen get something like 2.5 out of 5 wrong (Wherever they get the .5 from I have no idea) but the English linesmen's stats is around 1.7 out of 5 wrong.

It wasn't the most difficult offside call I've seen and the rules are designed to give advantage to the attacker on close calls especially when they execute a bicycle kick like that.

It was an awful decision, no question there. But Wigan can also blame themselves for conceding it. Pederson basically just strolled into the box and had all the time in the world to pick out a perfect cross, no one closed him down. You should play until you hear the whistle, not wait for the whistle to go

It was an awful decision, no question there. But Wigan can also blame themselves for conceding it. Pederson basically just strolled into the box and had all the time in the world to pick out a perfect cross, no one closed him down. You should play until you hear the whistle, not wait for the whistle to go

To be honest, if it happened to me I'd probably just stand there thinking 'What the **** is this moron doing..' I think most people would.

I remember Fulham did a similar thing, can't remember who against but on of the Fulham players actually touched the ball when no one was looking and then ran into the box, Diomansy Kamara then picked up the ball and ran it into the box but the corner was disallowed as the referee didn't see the other player Murphy touch it.

To be honest, if it happened to me I'd probably just stand there thinking 'What the **** is this moron doing..' I think most people would.

but players are taught to play to the whistle so really they should have carried on playing. Of course they should feel wrongly done by here but they also slightly contributed to their own downfall. Hardly any of the Wigan players appealed which means they must not have realised what happened either

It took me a minute to realise what was actually wrong with it on Saturday night. Durp!

An absolute appalling decision from the referee, it was poor refereeing to not look, and even worse refereeing to not realise what had happened (even though he hadn't seen the 'touch' from Yakubu, how would he have known someone did touch it and not smelt a rat when Pederson ran with it?). But this time, it was mainly the linesman's fault, and then maybe the referee and fourth official's fault. If Fifa don't want to introduce video replays, they have to make sure referees are competent and doing their job correctly; this case is too big to just ignore.

I don't know why Pederson did it, if it was intentional it was poor sportsmanship and my respect for his has been completely lost. But if it was by accident (thinking Yakubu had touched it, maybe) then I think he should realise that he was mistaken and apologise to the Wigan fans. Yakubu even admitted on Match of the Day afterwards that it was probably a wrong decision, albeit very reluctantly.

What puzzles me the most is the reaction from Wigan, though; why did no-one, absolutely no-one out of 11 Wigan players complain or say anything to the referee after? I think some of them should have had a clear view of it, and they should protest if they have a case. I mean, I'm not in support of players gathering around the referee and protesting (like Barca) but I think if they have such a clear case like this, they should protest.

I really feel sorry for Wigan, and I hope there's an investigation into this matter. The referee should be questioned and cautioned for such a horrendous mistake, and so should his staff. Wigan came so close to a much-needed win, but were robbed of it unfairly; they played some brilliant football in that game and looked like winning. But yeah, I hope this case is thoroughly investigated and W4FC B3N, I totally sympathize with you (it was one of the worse decisions I've ever seen).

I've seen worse. Man Utd v Spurs 2005 for example:

[video=youtube;U-8dOjeVC80]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-8dOjeVC80[/video]

Doesn't make it any better for Wigan though. Ref should have a formal warning. Happens again, relegated a league

World Cup final 1966 was a howler of a decision if you're not English.

I think at least one team every week is getting an atrocious decision against them in the Premier League, from Rodwell to the ghost penalty at B'Burn vs Everton to this.

I know there is usually mistakes but is this amount proportionate to previous Premier League seasons?

It just seems like a lot more are being made to me personally, the referee's at the moment have the consistency of Amauri.

World Cup final 1966 was a howler of a decision if you're not English.

I think at least one team every week is getting an atrocious decision against them in the Premier League, from Rodwell to the ghost penalty at B'Burn vs Everton to this.

I know there is usually mistakes but is this amount proportionate to previous Premier League seasons?

It just seems like a lot more are being made to me personally, the referee's at the moment have the consistency of Amauri.

Way I see it, they're not allowed to use common sense, or are scared to make a decision-even if it's right, as they're being constantly marked and scutinised for every little thing they do. I feel they're under tremondous pressure at times, either from players sometimes, or fans-or both. One job I would never want to do tbh

Great idea for a corner, and would of remembered as a great goal, if only the yak had kicked the ball! Ref should be suspended along with the linesman.

Ah, that's nothing, you should see the Portuguese league in some Porto games in the last few years. XD But it was worst in the 90's XD

United did this a few times this season or last. Someone went to take the corner and touched it, then another player came and ran with it towards the box which is perfectly legal in the game.
This was probably just a mistake by the officials not noticing if the ball moved or not. Not something to get up in arms about. And would you rather the Ref be looking at the ball when a player is running towards the corner to presumably take it, or watching the players in the box pushing and shoving?

Also, Why are you people feeling sorry for Wigan? If you think the officials should of been paying attention, why are Wigan allowed to lose focus? Plus they got themselves back in the lead then conceded a penalty.

cheeky little Blackburnt Indians Chickens. that should not have been counted. if it was touched before Pederson played it in , then yeah, not a problem, but NO, he just left it there, and bang, Pederson went to it and later for goal. wtf.

I've seen worse. Man Utd v Spurs 2005 for example:

[video=youtube;U-8dOjeVC80]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-8dOjeVC80[/video]

Doesn't make it any better for Wigan though. Ref should have a formal warning. Happens again, relegated a league

wtf, that should have been a goal, nearly similar to what happened to Frank's shot in the WC 2010.

and lol at the gk's. ahh manU joke keepers XD (exclude smichell (sp), and VDS. they were beast on goal ;) )