Daniel Carter

Reaction score
As some of you may know, I was doing a swansea city/tottenham story before this but the interest was lost. I will look for a new challenge, and have decided to go for a low premiership side, and a team I have not gone before, with also a hard challenge. what more could you ask for taking over blackpool? Hopefully you will follow, well. here goes...

--------

attachment.php

Ian Holloway Resigns Over Transfer Budget Argument

sport-graphics-2007_712206a.jpg

Ian Holloway was angry at "loosing" transfer targets because of cash problems.

Blackpool have today been left in a state of shock after their "legendary" ace, Ian Holloway has resigned after a "reported" argument with the chairman over the transfer kitty.

Holloway reportedly walked out on the Tangerines after a bust up with club chairman, Karl Oyston over the transfer kitty. With Blackpool recently securing themselves into the English Premier League, Holloway was led to believe he would have a big chunk of cash to spend on transfer targets, however has already have said to lost 2 potential targets due to Oyston unwilling to pay the players wages as his demands are "too high".

This has left Holloway bitterly disappointed and has stated in a recent interview that Oyston has shown no commitment to the club and their next challenge, which is securing themselves as a established Premier League Club. Holloway added -

"when I spoke with Oyston, he told me he would do everything in his power to get summer targets in and I would have a large sum of money to bring in new players, however now the time has come he has totally backed out of the idea. I would expect a fair amount of money out of the 80M promotion fee, as it's what I believe to be fair, not only for me, but for the fans to see new targets coming in to help us out.

"I am no longer committed to this football club and for the simple reason being because I have worked hard for this club, I have been promised things and these things have been nowhere to be seen. It has left me bitterly dissapointed, however.. I would like to thank everyone at this football club, setting aside Oyston, as you have been fantastic!"

Karl Oyston now has the task of bringing in a new manager for the start of the new season, and has "said" the new manager who comes in will have a set budget of 5M to spend with a wage budget of 98k.

Didn't take long for a Blackpool story to start up. Good luck, you'll need it.

Agree with Joss. I'll look forward to see how you do as i can imagine this being a hard team to use in the prem! Good luck filling Holloway's boots!.... they're big! :D

attachment.php

Oyston In No Rush To Bring In New Man

Oyston13_280x390_1064654a.jpg

Oyston has said he will weigh up all possibilities.

In a press conference this afternoon at Bloomfield Road, Karl Oyston has announced he is in "no rush" to bring in a new manager, as he will look for someone who can take the team forward.

Oyston went on to add that it is key during times like this, that the fans, players and even the backroom staff stick together and not get worried about what will happen. Oyston has said he will weight up all possibilities on who to bring in, and only when he feels assured will he make the announcement. With this being said, Betting Shops & Online Betting Services are taking early bets on who will be the next manager, with Alan Shearer being touted to take over after leaving his short, last managerial post, Newcastle last year.

Paddy%20Power%20Logo.jpg

Odds on next Blackpool Manager
Alan Shearer.....................3/1
Simon Grayson................5/1
Alan Pardew...............5/1
Roy Keane..................10/1
Kenny Jacket...............20/1
Paulo Sousa...............33/1
Martin O'Neil..50/1
Dean Houldsworth...............1000/1

_41038978_pardew300.jpg

Alan Pardew has been placed at 5/1 in the bookies.

attachment.php

Oyston Names His Man: Daniel Carter Takes Over Blackpool

3903135597-13122009215051.jpg

Daniel Carter, pictured during a training session with Charlton Athletic.

Karl Oyston has today named his new man, Daniel Carter being accepted to take over the full time managerial post at Blackpool FC.

Carter, 25, takes over with immediate effect after being out of a job for the last 2 years, after his contract was mutually terminated by Charlton Athletic as first team coach. Carter joins up with Oyston and his new team immediately to face their first pre-season friendly against Blackpool Reserves.

Carter has been given a 5M transfer budget, although during his press conference he did make it clear players would be leaving. Carter told Sky Sports News the following :-

"It's a pleasure to be appointed as the new Blackpool boss, whilst in the best league in the world. The task will be tough, however you ask any football manager who loves the game, and they will tell you, if you don't relish a challenge then it's time to quit. I love football with all my life, and when Karl [Oyston] gave me a call, I was over the moon as I see Blackpool as a very big club. However, to install our position in the premier league, we must build on the future. I am not going to comment on Ian's [Holloway] departure however I have received the promised 5M and will look to strengthen as well as releasing players from the squad."

Carter has the tough task of keeping the Tangerines Juicy for the up-coming season, and ensuring they avoid the drop.

attachment.php

Carter Stamps Authority At Bloomfield

gun__1281605236_profile_Gatting_510.jpg

Steve Gatting joins Carter at Blackpool as new Assistant Boss.

New Blackpool Boss, Daniel Carter, has today stamped his authority with one day in charge by releasing ex-assistant manager, Steve Thompson through mutual termination.

Carter has been in his job for 1 day, and has already made changes to his backroom team, removing Thompson and bringing in ex-Arsenal coach, Steve Gatting as his new number two. As well as this, Carter has brought in 3 new coaches, 2 new scouts and a brand new goalkeeper coach. A physiotherapist is likely to sign in the next couple of days.

Carter's finalised, makeover staff list has now been confirmed and published on the Blackpool Official Website.

Blackpools Staff List
View attachment 101592

looking good so far ive heard that staff are just as important as players so good luck

attachment.php

Pre-Season & Summer Transfer News

Melbourne+Victory+Training+Session+iUn-owoWX8ml.jpg

Blackpool During Their First Training Session Under Carter

Blackpool have today completed all of their pre-season fixtures under Carter, winning every single match in style, including victories against GH Academy, Barnet and Leyton Orient.

Carter will be very happy with his teams performances, after picking up all victories during pre-season. They hit great form early on, beating the reserves and have carried this on into the remaining fixtures.

The full listings and results have been posted on the official website:-

Blackpool Reserves (3-0)
Leyton Orient (3-0)
Park Thistle (4-0)
Barnet (2-0)
Distilliery (5-0)
Torquay (8-1)
Crawley (3-0)
GH Academy (3-0)
----------

Transfer News & Signings

ffeeae94-7240-4f34-ac09-69edb2ca8da0.jpg

Young, 21 year old Brett Pitman signs from Bournemouth for 400k

Daniel Carter has today confirmed all of Blackpools summer in-comings and out-goings, although a few could be expected to leave shortly on loan moves.

Carter has spent a total of 3.7M out of his 5M budget, bringing in a few buys such as Jay Simpson on loan from Arsenal as well as Chris Smalling on loan from Manchester United. However the big talking point, is the risk taken by Carter to bring in ex-league one striker, Brett Pitman for a fee of 400k.

Many fans have regarded him as a big signing, but maybe not what the premiership needs? Carter however quickly stepped in to sing Pitman's praises saying he is a natural goalscorer who will aid Blackpool in the future.

As well as this, Blackpool have sold two players making a total of 575k. Danny Coid has left the club to join Brentford for that fee, whilst Craig Cathcart leaves the club on loan.

IN
Jay Simpson (Loan, fee 775k)
Chris Smalling (Loan, fee 1.1M)
Gai Assulin (Transfer, 1.4M)
Brett Pitman (Transfer, 400k)

OUT
Danny Coid (Transfer, 575k)
Craig Cathcart (Loan, fee 0)

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

attachment.php

Blackpool witness the tough task ahead

article-0-0914A27E000005DC-871_468x324.jpg

Blackpool fight for the ball against Newcastle

Newcastle 1-0 Blackpool
Artiom Karamyan (45+1)

Blackpool today realised the tough task ahead of them, with a defeat against Newcastle United at St James Park although a controversial penalty decided the game.

Blackpool left Newcaslte with a 1-0 defeat to their name, despite a controversial penalty decision causing the game's fate. The penalty was given just before half time, when Chris Basham was apparently holding back Xisco, and up stepped Artiom Karamyan to slot home for The Toon.

Newcastle threatened a second, and Blackpool caused a few threats but an opening day defeat for Blackpool could be said is what they deserved. Carter's men now move on to face Fulham at Bloomfield Road.

attachment.php

Hard Working Blackpool Complete Come Back

Charlie-Adam-mobbed-Blackpool-v-Forest_2450933.jpg

Blackpool celebrate after drawing; after being 2-0 down until 80 minutes.

Blackpool 2-2 Fulham
David Vaughan (85) Jay Simpson (89) - Andy Johnson (48, 64)

Blackpool will be the happiest side today after they snatched a draw from Fulham at Bloomfield Road. Fulham held the lead till 85 minutes.

When Fulham still held a comfortable lead at 2-0 on 82 minutes, you had the feeling it was yet another loss for Blackpool, however Daniel Carter and his men didn't share the same view.

Fulham took the lead on 48 minutes when Andy Johnson snuck in to slot home from 6 yards out, and he doubled his tally on 64 minutes. Things looked dull for Blackpool, until Carter introduced on-loan striker, Jay Simpson and new signing, Brett Pitman. The pair linked up well together, before laying the ball off for a thunderbolt strike from David Vaughan.

Game on.. and 4 minutes later, a chip through ball found Jay Simpson free in the box to fire the ball into the roof of the net to send the Blackpool faithful into raptures.

You could maybe feel sorry for Fulham after they gave a good performance, but Carter's men showed spirit and fight which is what is needed to stay up this year. Carter's men now move onto three difficult fixtures against Man City, Arsenal & West Brom.

Really nice layout mate. Been browsing through after each update. Very nice.

Keep it up and i'll follow. :)

Very good layout mate! Like it! Would be glad if you follow mine as well ;)

Looks good so far mate :D Hope its as good as your Swans story!

Looks good, ill follow :)

thanks dude, i've been following your england story too!

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Looks good so far mate :D Hope its as good as your Swans story!

You really are a top lad, my number one follower! loving your WBA story too, keep it up dude.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Very good layout mate! Like it! Would be glad if you follow mine as well ;)

Thanks mate, will follow yours too!

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

attachment.php

Carter confirms Goodwillie Loan Signing
136214-spl-bad-boy-goodwillie-gets-off-with-fine-410x230.jpg

David Goodwillie pictured on the pitch at Bloomfield Road.

Blackpool boss Daniel Carter has brought in influential striker, David Goodwillie on a end-of-season loan and will start on the bench against Ipswich next game.

Carter has strengthend his strike force yet again with the singing of David Goodwillie on loan. Carter has said to have a great friendship with David and is someone who can score goals, and can also play the lone striker role to perfection.

Goodwillie will now be in contention for a starting place during Blackpool's cup game on Saturday as they face Ipswich.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

attachment.php

Blackpool win battle at Portman Road

0,,10272~3538958,00.jpg

A tough, hard fought match for Blackpool at Portman Road

Ipswich 1-3 Blackpool
Jonathan Walters (54) - Gary Taylor Fletcher (20), Billy Clarke (29), Alex-John Baptiste (61)
Arthur Mcaruley (Sent Off)​

Blackpool today proceeded to the next round of the League Cup with a 3-1 victory against Ipswich Town. David Goodwillie made his first appearance for Blackpool off the bench.

It was a game to watch, end to end attacking football, and normally ending in a goal. Blackpool took a 2-0 lead at half time, before Ipswich pulled a goal back through Walters.

Blackpool held on, and when Gareth Mcaruley got sent off on 69 minutes, you had the sense it was a "Tangerine Day" before Baptiste completed the scoring for Blackpool with a fine header from a deep corner. David Goodwillie also made an appearance, showing fans what to expect by crashing a 25 yard strike onto the crossbar.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

attachment.php

Transfer Market Slams Shut: Carter Announces Last Signings

nygaard.jpg

Marc Nygaard pictured during his time at Reading

Blackpool & Manager Daniel Carter have today announced their latest transfer signings as the Transfer Market shuts for the next couple of months.

Carter has brought in Marc Nygaard on a free transfer to aid Blackpool in the premier league, after he was scouted by Carter's backroom team and announced he would be a great addition to the team. He has now signed a 3 year deal at Bloomfield Road.

Following Nygaard to Bloomfield too England, Mark Wilson joins from Scottish Side Celtic for a fee of 600k. The strong left back looks set to fill in the boots of Stephen Crainey who could be set to leave during the next transfer market as Newcastle have made a 2.1M bid.

Carter has spent 4.4 of his 5M transfer kitty, which gives him only 664k left. Carter is likely to save this for the next market to hopefully strengthen his squad once more. As well as in-comings, Carter has also let his second player out on loan, Malauary Martin leaves the club for Reading.

IN
Jay Simpson (Loan, fee 775k)
Chris Smalling (Loan, fee 1.1M)
Gai Assulin (Transfer, 1.4M)
Brett Pitman (Transfer, 400k)
David Goodwillie (Loan, fee 120k)
Mark Wilson (Transfer, 600k)
Marc Nygaard (Transfer, Free)

OUT
Danny Coid (Transfer, 575k)
Craig Cathcart (Loan, fee 0)
Malaury Martin (Loan, fee 0)

Good signings there mate. Goodwillie should do well as we has started quite well in my WBA game.

doin well mate i hope u save them from relegation im tryin to break the top 4 in my story

Nice Layout. Keep up the good work. :)