Zzzonked

Reaction score
attachment.php

titleblackpool.png

Holloway Resigns

Sky Sports can confirm reports that Blackpool boss Ian Holloway has resigned just weeks after guiding the tangerines to the Premier League. Chairman Karl Oyston and Holloway are believed to of had a disagreement regarding contract terms and differentiating views over the clubs long term vision.

_48899125_ian_holloway_bbc.jpg

Club captain Charlie Adam had this to say:

This has come as a great shock to both the players and of course the fans. Holloway was an instant club legend after what he achieved in his first year in charge. This is something we as a club have to deal with, hopefully the next manager will be able to fill Holloway's boots.

---

attachment.php

Breaking News

Rookie manager Phil Dean has been announced as the new Blackpool boss after the controversial resignation of Ian Holloway. Dean started off as a trainee coach at Blackpool and has slowly worked his way up the ranks at the seasiders. He had this to say in his first press conference:​

First of all I am delighted to be here, I couldn't ask for a better opportunity to occur and personally I believe my chance has arrived at the perfect time. Once we've established the back room staff here I will be ready to take on the Premier League. Holloway as everyone knows was a club legend here, he done the impossible so to speak by getting them from Championship 'strugglers' to promotion winners. However, I want to go one step further, I want to mount a serious challenge to this division. You know the media look at the squad we have and suggest we are destined for 20th, I would love nothing more than to prove them wrong.

I have opted for a narrow 4-1-2-1-2 formation which allows the full backs to overlap and get forward whenever possible. The anchor man just in front of the defence allows support for the defensive line as well as dropping into the gaps left by players going forward. The right sided central midfielder is the ball-winning one, whilst on the left side is a natural attacking centre midfield role. The man just behind the front two will be an advanced play maker which will help create chances for our two strikers. This is very much a counter attacking formation which relies on pace and ball distribution as well as a solid defence. Players such as DJ Campbell, Charlie Adam and Ian Evatt have a essential role to play.​

---

attachment.php

Transfer News
09/07/10​

Blackpool manager Phil Dean has not wasted any time in regards to transfers after making two new signings on only his second day at the club. French teenager Gauthier Mahoto joins on a free transfer after signing a three-year deal with the seasiders. The second signing of the day was Manchester United defender Rafael who joins on a season-long loan.

9122A27E-A1DB-C648-86DF6320015BB1E3.jpg

View attachment 126090 View attachment 126091

Transfer News
11/07/10​

Seasiders welcome former Sevilla midfielder Enzo Maresca who joins on a free transfer. The 30 year old Italian played 96 games for the spanish club bagging himself 13 goals in the process. After meeting his new signing Dean said:

This is a great capture for us, the player has played at the highest levels in the game and his experience and talent will make him a influential part in this growing Blackpool squad.

enzo-maresca.jpg

View attachment 126097

Transfer News
17/07/10​

Blackpool continue adding to there squad by bringing in four more fresh faces. The most exciting prospects being River Plate loanee Diego Buonanotte and the £1,000,000 signing of Huddersfield goal keeper Alex Smithies who puts pen to paper for a three-year deal. Blackpool goalkeepers Gilks and Rachubka moved away from the club respectively bringing in a combined total of £1,900,000. As well as young Smithies, Dean signed what is believed to be his 'number 1' in Oswaldo Sanchez, the 36 year old keeper joined from Santos Laguna. The final signing of the week was former Barcelona and City left back Sylvinho who was brought in to cover Crainey.

29571_news.jpg

View attachment 126098 View attachment 126099 View attachment 126100 View attachment 126101

Transfer News
31/07/10​

Two deals done in quick succession by the Blackpool boss as the transfer window slams shut. The first being Leigh Griffiths, a youngster from Dundee who has proven himself in the SPL. The nineteen year old looks set to partner DJ Campbell upfront after Jason Euell makes a £300,000 switch to Ispwich. The second is another former SPL player, this being former Hearts defender Jose Goncalves who joins on a free transfer.

griffiths_display_image.jpg

View attachment 126116 View attachment 126117

Thanks for the support guys! Got exams this week so updates will be few and far between I'm afraid up until February!

Pre-Season

Blackpool 1 - 0 Crystal Palace
(DJ Campbell)

Charlton 1 - 6 Blackpool
(DJ Campbell x4, Ormerod, Harewood)

Blackpool 3 - 0 Arsenal Reserves

(Harewood x2, Griffiths)

Decent pre-season from us, strikers are finding the back of the net which is a positive, creating plenty of chances on goal whilst remaining solid at the back with only one goal conceded. Lets hope we can channel this into our premier league season.

---

View attachment 127086

August

Blackpool 2 - 3 Chelsea
(Harewood, DJ Campbell)

Blackpool's first game of the season came against Premier League champions Chelsea at Bloomfield Road. The new Pool boss couldn't of asked for a bigger test in his first professional game in charge. Things started off incredibly for Dean's men as Marlon Harewood put them in front after just seventeen minutes played. Chelsea hit back seven minutes later with Anelka equalizing for the blues. Ten minutes after the holding champions drew level, DJ Campbell latched onto Enzo Maresca's through ball, knocked it round Petr Cech and slid it into the empty net sending the Blackpool fans into raptures. After half time Chelsea came out all guns blazing and Anelka doubled his tally with a sixty-second minute goal to draw level yet again. As the final whistle approached it looked like a dream start for the newly promoted Blackpool team. However, Frank Lampard popped up in the last minute of injury time to make it 3-2, crushing the seasiders day.

blackpoolchelsea.jpg

---

Newcastle 1 - 0 Blackpool

The second game of the season was away to Newcastle United. Things started well for United as target man Andy Carroll gave them the lead after nine minutes. It was an uphill struggle for Blackpool from there on in and they found it difficult to create chances and failed to get anything from the game.

newblack.png

---

View attachment 127112
Round Two

Blackpool 6 - 1 Walsall
(Leigh Griffiths x5, DJ Campbell)

Blackpool set out to advance to the third round after a home tie with Walsall. New signing Leigh Griffiths set out to impress from the off after bagging himself a goal after just one minute played. The scottish striker then continued on a rampage knocking another three in before the half time whistle finally sounded, with Walsall striker Jon Macken scoring what turned out to be a consolation goal on the brink of the fourty-five minute mark. Griffiths then netted his fifth and final goal on the eighty-fourth minute mark. In the dying seconds DJ Campbell put the nail into the coffin with a close range finish.

blackwall.png

---

View attachment 127086

Blackpool 2 - 1 Aston Villa
(Buonanotte, Griffiths)

A great win for Pool today, they had to overcome a strong Villa side and did so with the aid of new Argentinian signing Diego Buonanotte who gave the seasiders the lead after four minutes with a stunning free-kick giving the number 11 his first goal of the season. Stephen Ireland then latched on to a John Carew cross to pull level for Villa on the thirty-seven minute mark. It looked like two points lost for Blackpool who dominated the game from the off until Leigh Griffiths converted a Buonanotte corner from close range in the ninety-first minute.

bpoolvill.png

Last edited:
Good results there man, unlucky against Chelsea but dominated Villa!!
Abit jelous as im currently Blackpool, i beat Newcastle but lost to Villa. Im also out the cup! Im going until January till i sign someone.
Good story cant wait for updates :)

Good result against Villa, and a bunch of good pacey signins to help speed things up. Good luck in the future!

View attachment 127454

September

All Square At Molineux!

Wolves 0 - 0 Blackpool

Blackpool started the month off with a well deserved away draw to Wolves. Both teams had chances but failed to make them count. Defender Ian Evatt had a solid game at the back making some vital tackles and interceptions. In his post-match interview Dean had this to say:

I'm proud of the lads today, decisions didn't really go our way however, we battled on and i'm glad to grab a point.

wbl.png

---​

Blackpool Do The Unthinkable!​
Blackpool 1 - 0 Liverpool
(Harewood)

1163394160-soccer-barclays-premier-league-blackpool-v-wolverhampton-wanderers-bloomfield-road.jpg

What a win for the tangerines! Blackpool fans went crazy on the 32nd minute as Marlon Harewood latched onto a pass from Griffiths and smashed it into the roof of the net! This is one of the most memorable victories in recent 'Pool times. The two centre halves Goncalves and Evatt kept Torres quiet all day however, the headlines are on Harewood today as he picks up his first man of the match under his new boss.

poolpool.png

---

View attachment 127457
Round Three

Five Star Blackpool Triumph!​
Blackpool 5 - 1 Reading
(DJ Campbell x3, Rafael, Buonanotte)

0,,10432~5574484,00.jpg

The second cup tie for Dean came against Championship side Reading in the third round of the Carling Cup. The new boys certainly stepped up there game and continued there form from the previous win against Liverpool hammering The Royals 5-1. Things started well within the opening eight minutes as Blackpool were given a penalty after McGugan tripped Campbell in the area. DJ then stepped up and passed it into the right hand corner. On the twenty-second minute Matt Mills handled in the area resulting to another Campbell penalty who again kept his cool and smashed it into the net. The scores stayed the same until half time. Minutes after the off, the Blackpool number seven rounded off a hatrick after a neat pass by Buonanotte. Kebe pulled one back for Reading on the sixty-sixth minute mark but just nine minutes later Manchester United loanee Rafael made it four. In the dying seconds the Argentinian playmaker Buonanotte got himself a well earned goal to make the final score 5-1.

poolpool.png

---

View attachment 127454

Blackpool Cant Stop Scoring!​

Blackburn 1 - 4 Blackpool
(Griffiths x2, Robinson O.G, Evatt)

A great month is topped off by a great win as Blackpool travelled to Sam Allardyce's Blackburn. Leigh Griffiths made it one - nil straight after half time as Blackpool broke free from a poor Blackburn corner. Straight from the restart Buonanotte intercepted a slack pass from Pedersen and threaded through a neat pass for Griffiths to get his second. A deep corner just after the hour mark had Robinson back peddling and turning it in to his own goal. The final goal from Blackpool came from Ian Evatt who out leapt the defence and headed home from a corner. In the closing sessions Banton scored a consolation goal.

blblv.png

Cheers for the support guys, appreciate it!

and Jake, i'm using a counter attacking narrow diamond shown in the second post. :)

Advanced Playmaker is Buonanotte
Poacher (Left Side) is Griffiths
Advanced Forward (Right Side) is DJ Campbell

Pacey players on the counter, gets me a lot of goals!

Cheers for the support guys, appreciate it!

and Jake, i'm using a counter attacking narrow diamond shown in the second post. :)

Advanced Playmaker is Buonanotte
Poacher (Left Side) is Griffiths
Advanced Forward (Right Side) is DJ Campbell

Pacey players on the counter, gets me a lot of goals!

nice:)

Good luck keeping ahold of Adam. It appears on my past saves he's quite fought after.

Its a lot like Park the Plane, but I altered a few things to suit my players. I also change things around depending on the opposition etc. I'm sure you guys could use Park The Plane and get similar results.

Very good, well written story, i am looking forward to more updates in the future ^^)

great start wish i could say my blackpool save is as good lol .

good results. You have bought really well and your signings seem to gel together. Can I have a screeny of the League Table please?

Sorry about this, but next update wont be til this Friday afternoon. Got an exam tomorrow and one Friday morning!

And Miskell, i've already played til January in the save, just to see if I enjoyed it enough to make a story, will post the league table once I get to the Jan Update. :)