Blackpool v Man City

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 66
  • Views Views 3K
FT Blackpool 2 - 3 Manchester City.

Great effort from both teams, Blackpool deserved a point at the least. Blackpool fans loud as always.

Blackpool fans don't care win, draw, lose there just happy to be in the prem

Interesting to see that a lot of Rangers fan have nothing good to say about Charlie Adam, he's been a big hit in the championship and proving his worth in the PL.

Speaking about comments I've seen in the past btw, not on this thread.
i think he's been outstanding so far. and i really hope blackpool stay up

JD just sort of put me in my place on IRC, Blackpool played really well, they play how the game should be played by any team, they attacked us to the death and if they had a good finisher up front i think they would be a top side. Even though they have such an attacking stance the defence is organised.

Honestly after watching both teams performances today I think Blackpool have more chance of surviving than Liverpool at this rate. Blackpool were ABSOLUTELY outstanding.

MisterStubbs - we were very lucky. And of course your perfectly within your rights to call City jammy cnts based on this game. But it's still a bit rich coming from a United fan?! Your club has had some of the most ridiculous decisions in your favour in the last few years; and when things don't go your way, Ferguson's there to intimidate the referee.
Massive credit to Blackpool, played really well and I still have a "city are a small club" mentality - do all fans of big clubs feel sorry for the teams they beat who deserved to win? I hope 'Pool stay up and I know it's going to take City a while to gel, and I would've been happy with top 6 up to January, but I do hope we start playing better football soon.

MisterStubbs - we were very lucky. And of course your perfectly within your rights to call City jammy cnts based on this game. But it's still a bit rich coming from a United fan?! Your club has had some of the most ridiculous decisions in your favour in the last few years; and when things don't go your way, Ferguson's there to intimidate the referee.
Massive credit to Blackpool, played really well and I still have a "city are a small club" mentality - do all fans of big clubs feel sorry for the teams they beat who deserved to win? I hope 'Pool stay up and I know it's going to take City a while to gel, and I would've been happy with top 6 up to January, but I do hope we start playing better football soon.

Totally agree there. City gives the impression of being a one-man team (Tevez) plus some classy individual performances from other players every now and then. It feels like the team has no identity, and Mancini is the big responsable there. One heavy crtiic I have personally, is, whats the reason in having so many Strikers in the team, if you only use one at the time, and ocassionaly 2.

Last edited:
Was an undeserrved win for City IMO Blackpool passed the ball around brilliantly and they were som comfortable on the ball no matter who had it was a great performance by them.

City got lucky in the sense that a clear offside goal was given and a lucky delfection straight after Blackpool's equaliser, their only piece of magic was David Silvas goal. Without Tevez it appears City would be nothing but a sausage with no sizzle :P

Back