Blackpool v Manchester United

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 231
  • Views Views 10K
It's why we all love the sport though, right? I'm sure it was a stunning game to be spectating as a neutral, much like the Arsenal v Spurs game earlier this season. ;)

Sure is-love it with a passion. Heard the game on radio, and it was an absolute belter. proper game of two halves. Thats why the premiership is the best league in the world in my opinion

Nothing boring supporting Man Utd is it :) Fantastic performance in the second half, all credit to blackpool though. Top and still Unbeaten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Think its safe to say the title is going to the red half of manchester this season. They don't even have to play well to win half the time lol. And when Fergies in charge, well.....nuff said really lol

Some say.. the walls are still shaking after Fergie's half time team talk.

Hard Luck Blackpool you out played us for 55 minutes and should of had a pen, having said that Giggs should be knighted he is still awesome 20 minute spell that all it took, was watching it on ESPN and Macmanam could not stop smiling who has egg on face now, never write us off

Told you SAF would give them a bullocking,,,who scored?

Really? ****, and we thought he'd just give them a firm slap on the hand. Thank God you were here to correct us all (6)

Last edited:
Oh how I'd love to see the comments if Man U would have lost. Absolutely priceless.

In all seriousness, what a comeback. Unreal. Love the look on Fergies face when United score, makes me chuckle every time.

Oh how I'd love to see the comments if Man U would have lost. Absolutely priceless.

In all seriousness, what a comeback. Unreal. Love the look on Fergies face when United score, makes me chuckle every time.

Take half time comments and multiply by ten. XD

Am I the only one who was eager to see The Graiseley Wolf's *****

OT: My title predictions are not off course and this match shows the United mentality, think that United will struggle in Last 8 of the CL

Last edited:
Am I the only one who was eager to see The Graiseley Wolf's *****

OT: My title predictions are not off course and this match shows the United mentality, think that United will struggle in Last 8 of the CL

Signature worthy quote.

It's going to be difficult when the CL starts up again, but it's not like all the other contender's aren't in the same boat. Remaining unbeaten will be a **** of a lot more difficult though.

I swear there are soooooooooooooo many reasons why I don't want Man Utd to not win the league. To make Deovoultcha stfu may actually top the list. You predict that the team 5 points clear and currently unbeaten will win the league, RISKY!!!! -.-

Signature worthy quote.

It's going to be difficult when the CL starts up again, but it's not like all the other contender's aren't in the same boat. Remaining unbeaten will be a **** of a lot more difficult though.

Well, I think United should be able to ease pasy Marseille despite Marseille fielding a quality team, they would struggle away. And with the Quarter Final candidates being Spurs/Barcelona/Madrid/Internazionale/Chelsea/Valencia/Roma United would be lucky to get
Roma/Valencia/Spurs/Madrid as they'd struggle most against them, and in 5th Chelsea or Internazionale, but if United are paired with Barcelona, it's going to be harder for them since the past record between the two has seen the former win

Last edited:
Well, I think United should be able to ease pasy Marseille despite Marseille fielding a quality team, they would struggle away. And with the Quarter Final candidates being Spurs/Barcelona/Madrid/Internazionale/Chelsea/Valencia/Roma United would be lucky to get
Roma/Valencia/Spurs/Madrid as they'd struggle most against them, and in 5th Chelsea or Internazionale, but if United are paired with Barcelona, it's going to be **** for them since the past record between the two has seen the former win

I love how you have ruled Arsenal out of beating Barca. XD Don't see how we can be ruling teams out already, anything can happen between now and then, this season, **** even the match tonight has proven that. Obviously I'd rather not have Barcelona, but there's no one who'd be pleased with them out of the that. If it happens though, got to get down and get on with it.

Starting to drift off topic here now though.

Roma/Valencia/Spurs/Madrid as they'd struggle most against them, and in 5th Chelsea or Internazionale, but if United are paired with Barcelona, it's going to be **** for them since the past record between the two has seen the former win
our record against barca is dead even, and we have god records against valencia roma inter and spurs, actually think our worst record is against real of all the sides

I love how you have ruled Arsenal out of beating Barca. XD Don't see how we can be ruling teams out already, anything can happen between now and then, this season, **** even the match tonight has proven that. Obviously I'd rather not have Barcelona, but there's no one who'd be pleased with them out of the that. If it happens though, got to get down and get on with it.

Starting to drift off topic here now though.

Yee. Well no photoshopped images of Walton after the penalty appeal to be seen. Ferguson must have thought of this as a easy fixture and tested Rooney's worth on the wing.

Offtopic -
And Cloud~ I am not a Utd supporter but I do know that they possess a matured mentality - something Arsenal does not wholeheartedly have, despite the fact that they have "aged" they need to centralize priorities to fall from inconsistency. And it's a shame.

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

our record against barca is dead even, and we have god records against valencia roma inter and spurs, actually think our worst record is against real of all the sides

Well by past history I only included the past 3 years, and using goals scored in regulation time.

3-3
0-0
1-0
0-2

United - Barcelona

So yes, very close, but I never said it would be a HUGE, INAMOUNTABLE challenge, just that those are the only real contenders to take them out.

Yee. Well no photoshopped images of Walton after the penalty appeal to be seen. Ferguson must have thought of this as a easy fixture and tested Rooney's worth on the wing.

Offtopic -
And Cloud~ I am not a Utd supporter but I do know that they possess a matured mentality - something Arsenal does not wholeheartedly have, despite the fact that they have "aged" they need to centralize priorities to fall from inconsistency. And it's a shame.

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

Well by past history I only included the past 3 years, and using goals scored in regulation time.

3-3
0-0
1-0
0-2

United - Barcelona

So yes, very close, but I never said it would be a HUGE, INAMOUNTABLE challenge, just that those are the only real contenders to take them out.
i agree with that, we've never been the favourites in any of those games, but we're getting off topic, my bad

---------- Post added at 06:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

Blackpool manager Ian Holloway to ESPN: "If that's not a penalty on Luke Varney then deary, deary me. Rafael makes no effort to play the ball at all, he wipes the player out, and it's a stone-waller. Though maybe I'm just biased! If we go 3-0 up, who knows? Saying that, what a team United are. The players they brought on, the way they came strong at the end, they are magnificent team. And my Blackpool aren't a million miles away from them, I'm telling you. As for Charlie Adam - he was magnificent tonight. He deserves to play at a higher level, I have to say that, because he is such a tremendous player, he really is. I just hope that we can hang on to him until the summer because I believe he could keep us up."

That's not my point, I would like for you to stop going on about how you're backing Man Utd to win the league as if they are not favourites to do so anyway.

I think Ferguson should keep tinkering with Rooney up front like he did so in this match - he looks like he could be a tough AM or even (shudders) a box-to-boxer.

Slightly OffTopic, Mike, does Jacky boy respond to his PMs?

I think Ferguson should keep tinkering with Rooney up front like he did so in this match - he looks like he could be a tough AM or even (shudders) a box-to-boxer.

Slightly OffTopic, Mike, does Jacky boy respond to his PMs?
as in mod jack? yeah but hes not online ATM

United will win the league this season. And I do think they'll do it without losing a league game. What they can do what nearly every other team in the EPL can't is play badly, or have a off day and still win games. Arsenal will fade away towards the end of the season with there inexperienced team, Chelsea having that bad patch are too far behind now to catch United, the only real challenge I think they'll have it City, but as they're not use to challenging for the title I think they'll follow the same path as Arsenal and fade away a little.

I didn't see/listen to the United game, but being 2-0 to Blackpool by United's standard they must have been playing poor? Yet they comeback and win the game.

1.United
2.City
3.Arsenal
4.Chelsea

Top 4 at the end of the season.

Being a Liverpool fan I hated writing that, but it's true.

Back