Blackpool v Manchester United

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 231
  • Views Views 10K
United will win the league this season. And I do think they'll do it without losing a league game. What they can do what nearly every other team in the EPL can't is play badly, or have a off day and still win games. Arsenal will fade away towards the end of the season with there inexperienced team, Chelsea having that bad patch are too far behind now to catch United, the only real challenge I think they'll have it City, but as they're not use to challenging for the title I think they'll follow the same path as Arsenal and fade away a little.

I didn't see/listen to the United game, but being 2-0 to Blackpool by United's standard they must have been playing poor? Yet they comeback and win the game.

1.United
2.City
3.Arsenal
4.Chelsea

Top 4 at the end of the season.

Being a Liverpool fan I hated writing that, but it's true.
we were down and outend of the first half, if we had carried on playing that badly we would have lost 3 or 4-0, played much better second, and blackpool just couldnt keep in the intensity, dropped it a bit and we hit back, from then on you kinda sensed it was going to go uniteds way

we were down and outend of the first half, if we had carried on playing that badly we would have lost 3 or 4-0, played much better second, and blackpool just couldnt keep in the intensity, dropped it a bit and we hit back, from then on you kinda sensed it was going to go uniteds way

Exactly, most teams would have maybe given up against a Blackpool team who have been some big teams this year, and don't exactly sit back. United got control of the game back, won and go home with 3 points.

If Arsenal, Chelsea or City were 2-0 down at HT against them I think they'd have either lost or drew.

That's all anyone ever says about Arsenal; they'll fade away... anyway, will not lead this thread offtopic. Have to give props to Man Utd, they just keep coming back, its so annoying.

Well United were very lucky that the pen was never given straight away I thought Uh-oh 3-0 Blackpool, It was a stone waller and don't know why it wasn't given but owell. Even at that what a game from both sides Blackpools problem was trying to play to high up the park and were easy to get in behind. Berbatov continuing his wonderful goal scoring form. There can only be one Javier Hernandez there can only be one! His runs were sublime tonight. and him and Giggsy turned the game around completly feel sorry for Bpool in a way as they deserved something but it's a game of two halves so.

Off Topic: thought united were gonna beat my coupon instead Pompey and Mk Dons did :( B**tards!

Gotta agree with Holloway. The only thing that keeps United still unbeaten is luck. Against WestBrom...Neville should have gotten a red card and WB a penalty. That could have made it 2-1 for them...and United would had to play with 10 men the rest of the game. And If Blackpool would have been awarded penalty..it could have been a win for Blackpool or atleast a draw.

They deserve to be on the top but not unbeaten IMO.

Gotta agree with Holloway. The only thing that keeps United still unbeaten is luck. Against WestBrom...Neville should have gotten a red card and WB a penalty. That could have made it 2-1 for them...and United would had to play with 10 men the rest of the game. And If Blackpool would have been awarded penalty..it could have been a win for Blackpool or atleast a draw.

They deserve to be on the top but not unbeaten IMO.

Yeah, thats the only thing. Not that we have one of the best defense in the world. Not that our players try the hardest. Just pure luck.

You could say a luck has played a major part but to say that luck is the only thing keeping us unbeaten is just stupid.

And frankly now I love it when people say United are not very good, don't deserve to top etc. etc. Well if your team deserved to be at the top, it would be at the top ( just saw Social Network).

As the old saying goes, Never write United off.
What a come back. Man of the match is easily Giggsy. He changed the game. If anyone was arsed to put half the effort he had put in, we would have won easily. What a player. Legend. Controlled whole left side of the pitch, starting from left back to left winger.

Chicharito is such a pain in **** for CBs. I posted this few months ago, his pace is mare for CBs and is excellent game changer. He has scored so many important goals, never expected him to fit in this easily.

Berbatov is United quality. Anyone still have any doubts?

I dont know what has happened to Fletcher. Not even looking half the player he was. With Champions league knock out stages about to start we really need Fletcher back to form.

And in second half as soon as Giggsy was introduced, Blackpool hardly got sniff at goal. We battered them in the second half. It was like United of old.

We always do it in United way, Hard way.

I would cry a river when Giggsy and Scholesy retires.

Devastated with that, genuinely thought that Blackpool were gonna get something from that game. Alas, it was not meant to be. As much as it pains me to say it, United are going to win the league this season, can see it being done so by around 6/7 points but I can see them losing a game. Away at Anfield (6)

It just makes me hate Fergie even more, the man is a genius. What he said/shouted/bellowed/smashed at half time worked an absolute treat, and credit to him. However, what he said after the game I don't like - ''Charlie Adam is worth at least £10m'' A ploy on making us spend more money on him anyone? Crafty, sly ******. Cannot argue with his ability though, best manager of my lifetime and one of the best managers ever.

Also, to be honest Ryan Giggs deserves a knighthood. I swear he must take steroids, the man is a machine.

Give me some credit here United fans, as a 'Pool fan you do not realise how hard that '^' was to say.

Last edited:
To be fair if Luis Suarez is around £25 million and Adam £4 million, it's a joke, He was like a young Paul Scholes yesterday.

Devastated with that, genuinely thought that Blackpool were gonna get something from that game. Alas, it was not meant to be. As much as it pains me to say it, United are going to win the league this season, can see it being done so by around 6/7 points but I can see them losing a game. Away at Anfield (6)

It just makes me hate Fergie even more, the man is a genius. What he said/shouted/bellowed/smashed at half time worked an absolute treat, and credit to him. However, what he said after the game I don't like - ''Charlie Adam is worth at least £10m'' A ploy on making us spend more money on him anyone? Crafty, sly ******. Cannot argue with his ability though, best manager of my lifetime and one of the best managers ever.

Also, to be honest Ryan Giggs deserves a knighthood. I swear he must take steroids, the man is a machine.

Give me some credit here United fans, as a 'Pool fan you do not realise how hard that '^' was to say.

You do know Holloway gets on really well with Fergie right ;)

TBH, Adam is clearly worth 7-10 Million. His passing is really good and he can be excellent squad player for many big teams.

Yeah, thats the only thing. Not that we have one of the best defense in the world. Not that our players try the hardest. Just pure luck.

You could say a luck has played a major part but to say that luck is the only thing keeping us unbeaten is just stupid.

And frankly now I love it when people say United are not very good, don't deserve to top etc. etc. Well if your team deserved to be at the top, it would be at the top ( just saw Social Network).

Of course it plays a big part. I just say that without their huge luck they would have already lost once...or maybe twice. And thats not much. Everybody else have lost many more games. So just because i say they have been lucky to not lose once doesn't mean that i think their defense sucks.

Last edited:
i hope giggs never retire, he must be that good that god gives him eternal youth

Credit deserved, don't agree with some of it, like losing at Anfield, reckon we will get something, but I honestly believe we will lose soon. But credit Blackpool, they were unlucky, should of been a pen, but then they just ran out of puff. Credit should go to Sir Fergie with his subs, Giggs what a man! ****** **** lot of creditsXD

Surprised that no one is talking about Blackpool first goal. Adam clearly elbowed Evra, which should have been given foul, was not given. The resulting corner lead to first goal where we were defending with 10 men as Evra didnt take his position.

That's the sort of win that will get you the title :)

One word...
Champions! :wub:

secondly, Charlie Adam can pass a football, was actually enjoying watching him spray that ball around last night..

Back