Who will have the most success with Sheffield Utd?

• Daniel Cater

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • burkeyoa

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

burkeyoa

Reaction score
Blades of Glory

th_SheffieldUnited.png

This will be a joint story with burkeyoa and Daniel Cater taking part. We will be having a challenge to see who can have the most success with Sheffield Utd.

We will both be posting our updates on this thread using the same style as our other stories. If you want to check out our other stories the links are below:

Bristol City Story - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/the-robins-breast-a-bristol-city-story-t41217.html

Swansea Story - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/swapping-swansea-city-for-tottenham-hotspur-t42276.html

We will be using the 10.3 patch and will be updating with monthly updates. I hope you will all follow and please leave comments as it will keep us motivated :D

OP's to follow once the story has been approved folks!

434976-1.jpg

Last edited:
Blades of Glory

View attachment 105100

Big Changes At Bramall Lane

Earlier today Sheffield Utd Football club made the shock announcement that Kevin Blackwell (pictured below) had left his position as manager of the football club. The reason for his departure are not yet known but if the rumors around the Sheffield training ground are true, the reason for his departure is he has felt he can take the club as far as he can after failing at the Play-Off stage on two occasions.

Kevin-Blackwell-is-consid-001.jpg

Blackwell has left the club

The even bigger shock came with the news that Sheff Utd had already appointed a new manager which not many Sheffield Utd fans will have heard. The Sheffield Utd chairman and board have appointed an unknown Irish manager with no previous experience in management. The fans of the club are said to be less than impressed with the appointment as the general feeling is that the club would have preferred someone more experienced.

We can now bring the the official statement from the Sheffield Utd website that was released a few minutes ago. It reads:

Every one at Sheffield Utd is disappointed to have lost a manager of Kevin's quality and we wish him every success in the future as he will always be a part of the clubs history. However we must move on to what will be hopefully a more successful future and we feel we have appointed the right manager to make that happen. We understand that he is not the most known face to football fans but we believe we have got a young hungry manager that wants success and after his interview he had convinced the board enough that he was the right man for this job. We hope the fans will get behind him and give him a chance and hopefully this decision will be turning point that take the club back to the big time.

article-1187304-0515FAF1000005DC-481_468x286.jpg

The new man at the helm will have to win over the fans if he is to succeed

It will be certainly interesting to see how the fans take to the new boss and weather the Irish man will be a success in the management world. Sheffield Utd fans let us know what you think of the going on's at the club? Have you's got the right man for the job? Give us a text or email!

I have just started thread as united as well !!! wierd, anyway good luck, and i think i might have to change haha

I have just started thread as united as well !!! wierd, anyway good luck, and i think i might have to change haha

Cheers mate. Dont change mate stick at it and he can see who will do the best :D

attachment.php

Turmoil at Bramall Lane As Blackwell Walks Out.

article-1103086-023A367E00000578-88_468x377.jpg

Shock News: Blackwell Leaves United

People of Sheffield United, fans, players and staff have today been shocked by the news that Manager, Kevin Blackwell has walked out on the club in which he joined 2008. It has been reported that a new man has already been put in place ready for Pre-Season.

Kevin Blackwell has today announced he has left Sheffield United after he was left bitterly dissapointed as his team, yet again, missed out on the Coca Cola Championships. Blackwell has been fighting with United since 2008, to try to achieve they gain their premier league status back, but having failed to do so after 2 years, he has now left the club.

Blackwell will be soley missed by many of the United faithful, including a string of back room staff. New signings such as Leon Britton from Swansea City will be unhappy, as they were looking forward to team up with their new gaffer.

As well as this, it has been reported during Sky Sports: Lunchtime that a new man has already been put in place to take over the reigns, but a official statement has yet to be released.

sheffield_468x637.jpg

Sheffield United Players sit in despair after failing to make the play-offs.

Whoever the Blades have decided to bring in, now has the tough task to keep every player happy as they will now likley become impatient with any bad performances, and he must work hard to gel the team back to their original state.

More to follow..

good luck both ive just started with Wednesday

Club Overview

175px-Bladeslogo2.png

Sheffield Utd is a is a professional English football club based in the city of Sheffield, South Yorkshire. They currently play in the English Football League Championship. The is known as the Blades and play its home games at Bramall Lane. The current chairman of the club is Kevin McCabe. Sheffield Utd also have a fierce rivalry with the blue half of Sheffield, Sheffield Wednesday.

Bramall Lane has a capacity of 32690 and the club possess top training facilities and a good youth academy.

7947075.jpg

After several discussions with the board and chairman we came to the decision that the teams aim this year was to reach the play-off spots so the board set a transfer kitty of 500k to spend on players :(

After accessing the Sheffield Utd squad I had inherited it became clear that there was some really talented players at the club including Ched Evans and Nick Montgomery. I also noticed that the team was very short on quality on both wings so i will have to addresses this or use a tactic with no wingers.

View attachment 105252

I also highlighted a few areas that I need to strengthen before the season starts. These areas include a right full back, a central midfielder and finally a good striker. With a transfer kitty of only 500k I will have to wheal an deal if i am to get a squad I feel can compete in this division.

Since joining the club I have appointed experienced centre back Chris Morgan as club captain, with Nick Montgomery as his Vice.

Chris%20Morgan_633589721245625000.jpg

I strongly feel that the structures are i place for this club to return to the top division in the next few year and then hopefully establish itself as a Premier League club.

(Keep following and commenting :D If anyone has any tips for cheap transfer targets let me know!)

Good update mate, and good story name, it was quite appealing I felt the need to find out what this was haha! This should be a good story as I liked both of your individual ones, I'll be sure to keep popping in when you update :)

Looking forward to next update, i'll be following

sorry for lack of updates from myself. I'm a nightclub DJ, and have been flat out lately. but do not worry, I will update asap!

Pre-Season and Tactics Update

Darius%20Henderson_633589722732500000.jpg

Henderson impressed during Pre-Season

The Assistant Manager had already most of the friendlies set up before I arrived at the club so the friendlies are mostly against weaker teams. In total we had a total of seven friendly games where I was trying out different tactics and players.

picture.php

We had a mixed pre-season, and although we only only three games we didn't lose any which was pleasing. For most of the pre-season I was playing with a lot of different players and different systems which is probably the reason for our differing form.

I was very impressed with several players over pre-season. This included Aggressive striker Darius Henderson who plays the game a similar way to Kevin Davies. Also I was impressed by his striker partner Ched Evans who has a great football brain. Finally I was really impressed with central midfielder James Harper who never stopped working in every game.

After trying out many different systems I have finally settled on a 4-3-3 formation shown below.

picture.php

With this system the wing backs provide the width and look to get possible at every opportunity. One of the mid fielders will drop back as an anchor man to give added protection. Two deep laying or defensive forwards will work of the central target man striker. I feel this formation will let us cause most teams problems and when playing away from home a few tweaks may have to be made.

(Hope to get my transfer update done later on :D Keep following)

attachment.php

Carter Takes The Reigns At Sheffield United

Unknown+Person.jpg

Carter has previous managerial experience At Swansea City

Sheffield United have today Hired unknown manager, Daniel Carter as their new boss after news that Kevin Blackwell had left through Mutual Consent.

Carter, who managed Swansea city for 3 years takes the role with immediate effect and joins up with his new backroom team and players. Carter is set to be relishing the prospect ahead, with, as quoted some "big" players making the move to the Blades soon hopefully.

Club Prospects & Targets

Sheffield United's Backroom Team & New Manager, Daniel Carter has today sat down with the board and have decided that a mid-table finish would be a fair target for the up-coming season. Sheffield United will work hard to achieve this, and it has said anything more is a bonus.

Carter's New Home Surroundings & Club Information

0,,10418~5553214,00.jpg

Bramall Lane: Carter's New Home Ground Surroundings

Dan Carter will become very familiar with Bramall Lane, as it's going to be his new home while contracted at The Blades. Carter has already expressed his delight at the ground, saying it was a wonderful masterpiece and work can still be done on it.

Bramall Lane Stadium is the home of Sheffield United Football Club in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England and also the city's rugby league team, Sheffield Eagles. It is the oldest major stadium in the world still to be hosting professional football matches.

The record attendance for the ground is 68,287, set at an FA Cup 5th Round tie between Sheffield United and Leeds United on 15 February 1936 and has an all-seated capacity of 32,702.

Transfer Updates, Club Captain, Tactics On The Way Soon!

No other look forward to it! Will have my transfer update done later :D

attachment.php

Pre-Season Updates

_44641822_ched_evans1_203.jpg

Ched Evans: Key Player During Pre-Season

A very good pre-season for Sheffield, notching up 7 wins, 1 draw and a loss. Ched Evans was a key performer during pre-season, with lethal scoring form.
Results

59277_500474771109_605131109_7054998_3542885_n.jpg

A fair few good results for United, including a draw against Chelsea's first team. Sheffield United worked hard, and sets them up brilliantly for the new season.

Transfer Updates & Signings

_48647121_fab226.jpg

Fabrice Muamba: One Of Sheffield United Signings

In the current transfer market, Sheffield United have yet to sign a player on a permanent deal, however have made a fair few moves in the loan market.

Fabrice Muamba has joined Sheffield United on loan till the end of the season, from Bolton while Kyle Naughton joins from Tottenham. Centre Back, Chris Smalling signs on a 3 month loan deal from Manchester United whilst Frank Fielding, Blackburn's first choice reserve keeper joins on loan from Blackburn.

Sheffield United have put a offer in for Rangers attacker, Andris Velicka which is reported to be in the region of 325k although nothing has been finalised. As well as this, reports suggest that a apparent loan offer has been put in for Gael Kutaka of Chelsea.