Blasphemy! Seven clubs lock horns for the title after sir Alex Ferguson's retirement!

KevinHann

Reaction score
View attachment 458002
Blasphemy! Seven clubs lock horns for the title after sir Alex Ferguson's retirement!

Mark Lawrenson: So who do you think will win the title this season?
Pele: I can only see as far as Chelsea and the Manchester clubs. But let's not forget Arsenal are strong, and Tottenham invested heavily. Liverpool are looking good, too. It must be one of these.

It was always going to be a long summer for a football fan with no big international tournament to watch... I hated it! Especially after such an emotional season we had last time around - Manchester United won the crown for a sensational 20th time and sir Alex Ferguson retired. Love him or hate him, he never left any football fans indifferent during his massively successful career. He spent 26 years at the helm of Manchester United and won 38 trophies - including 13 Premier League and 2 Champions League titles.

View attachment 458007
A living legend steps down in the past

But like all things great it had to come to an end at some point. His retirement leaves a massive void to be filled. And now that the dull summer is nearly over we are back for more Premier League football - and it is as thrilling as ever! With the looming introduction of the Financial Fair Play rules no less than seven clubs aim to take advantage of the record TV deal money and secure Champions league football. Who will claim the title? Who will make it to the most prestigious and rewarding European tournament next season? Stay with us as we search for the answer during what promises to be the most competitive season the Premier League has seen for decades!

View attachment 457999
Who will win it this season?

In a season that promises to be the turning point for a number of clubs we will make sure you, the fans - the lifeblood of this great game - have it covered from every angle possible! It's still early days but let's have a quick walk through all the contenders and hear our team of pundits who will be covering them for you. What are their expert expectations? Will it be a path to glory or perdition?

Inevitably we shall begin with the North West. Gary, Roy, do you hear me?

The Title Contenders

View attachment 457998
Manchester United

History:
20 times champion, 15 times runner-up
Title odds:
7-4
Pundits:
View attachment 457990View attachment 457991
Gary Nevilleddd Roy Keane

Gary Neville: Yes, Mark! We're here... And good evening to all watching us right now. It will be Roy Keane and I, Gary Neville, covering Manchester United for you this season. I'll keep you posted via my column at the Sunday Times. Roy?
Roy Keane: And you'll find my thoughts on the pages of the Sun. I never quite believed this would happen, Gary. But now it's a fact and it will be interesting how the club will move on.
Gary Neville: There's no denial though the key word for Manchester United this summer is stability. I think David Moyes was always going to be our new manager and Ferguson has done everything within his power to ensure the transition is smooth.
Roy Keane: But will it be so smooth? I doubt it. The levels of expectation here are massive and I'm not convinced David is really ready for that. You can never be ready for that. A slow start to the season and he'll feel the pressure!
Gary Neville: We can draw some conclusions from how Moyes approaches the transfer market. It is still pretty much Ferguson's team and David will surely want to bring in a couple more players to begin shaping his own visions...
Roy Keane: As well as appease the fans who are demanding big name signings...
Gary Neville: But he has to be careful not to disrupt the balance as he still needs to get to know his full roster of players. It's a tough job he's got at his hands!
Roy Keane: You won't find any tougher than that!
Mike Lawrenson: Okay, thank you, Gary, Roy, you'll keep watching Manchester United for us throughout the season so stay put for any future updates. And we are taking a short trip to the sky-blue half of Manchester for a quick preview of the second major title contender...

View attachment 457997
Manchester City

History: 3 times champion, 4 times runner-up
Title odds:
5-2
Pundits:
View attachment 457989
Lee Dixon

Lee Dixon: Good evening from me, I'm Lee Dixon and I'll be covering Manchester City for you with my column at the Independent. As some of you would already know, I was a boyhood fan of Manchester City so don't be surprised seeing me in this role. It turned out there were no free slots in the Arsenal pundit team anyway so Gunner fans please don't be disappointed! And to be fair I'm only filling in for Shaun Goater who is busy with his local club at Bermuda...
Mike Lawrenson: That's all good, Lee, but will you tell us something about Manchester City?
Lee Dixon: Ah, yes, of course. As you are aware, City are also off the back of a managerial change, switching to Manuel Pellegrini. They wasted little time on the market, too and now possess arguably the best squad in the league. It will be interesting to see if they gel in time for the season opener as some of them, including the manager, have no experience in the Premiership. The burden of expectation is on them though as they will need to produce both domestically and on the international scene.
Mike Lawrenson: Thank you, Lee. And while we are on the subject of spending sprees, let's shift our attention to London and see who else meant business in the summer... Ray?

View attachment 457996
Chelsea

History: 4 times champion, 4 times runner-up
Title odds:
2-1
Pundits:
View attachment 457988View attachment 457987
iiiiRay Wilkinsd Tony Cascarino

Ray Wilkins: Good evening from me, Ray Wilkins. I'm here with Tony Cascarino to cover Chelsea for you this season. You can find my comments in the Sky Sports site.
Tony Cascarino: And also look out for my articles at the Times. What do you make out of Jose Mourinho's return to Chelsea, Ray?
Ray Wilkins: I don't think the heavy rumors linking him with the Manchester United hot seat before he embraced Abramovic again will affect him at all, to be honest. He is loved here and he knows it. In fact I think he's the most likely managerial contender to fill the void Ferguson left - you know, as a presence.
Tony Cascarino: Mourinho also moved quick in the summer market and locked horns with some of the other contenders by blocking their transfer moves. He has really wasted little time in setting the scene as he likes it. The potential problems I see though are how exactly he will handle this large group of players with rumors already circling Juan Mata and David Luiz are now down the pecking order.
Ray Wilkins: Many suggest Jose wants to be the central figure at whatever club he is at, but that's not a fair judgment. He's only demanding nobody acts bigger than the club - and he has the balls to remind that to every single player, disregarding their star status or price.
Tony Cascarino: One thing is certain - Chelsea will improve in the Premier League. Whether that will warrant a title I don't know considering the competition will be much more fierce this season, but they will be better as a team!
Mark Lawrenson: Thank you, Ray, Tony, we'll hear more from you soon, and let's walk across London to a club for which "playing better as a team" will not be good enough! Alan?

View attachment 457995
Arsenal

History: 13 times champion, 8 times runner-up
Title odds:
10-1
Pundits:
View attachment 457986View attachment 457985
i Alan Smith iiiii Sol Campbell

Alan Smith: Good evening, I'm Alan Smith and I'll be covering Arsenal for you with my column for the Telegraph.
Sol Campbell: And you can find my analysis on the Guardian.
Alan Smith: It's an important season for us now that the building time is over and there are funds to spend. I'm glad Arsene Wenger saw this period of transition through as he deserves a chance to show what he can do with his hands untied on the market - as the recent signature of Mesut Ozil proved already.
Sol Campbell: The more important factor will be how Arsene addresses defense though as there were always goals in this team. This was more of a psychological signing - the record has been broken, see, we can now compete again. But if it was only goals that win you titles, Arsenal wouldn't be in such an extensive dry period.
Alan Smith: We must also point out a lot of unnecessary players were moved on though, Sol, so we can expect further activity on the market.
Sol Campbell: Yeah, and let's pay tribute to the fact Arsene Wenger is now the longest serving manager in the Premier League. I always appreciate stability so something big could be on the cards for Arsenal this season!
Alan Smith: What matters most right now is we make a strong start this time while the others are still finding their feet. If we can do that I expect us to be seriously involved in the title hunt!
Mike Lawrenson: I hear that, Alan. There have been mixed emotions in North London as while you signed a global superstar your bitter rivals lost theirs. Let's hear what's happening over at White Hart Lane... Terry?

View attachment 457994
Tottenham

History: 2 times champion, 4 times runner-up
Title odds:
14-1
Pundits:
View attachment 457983View attachment 457982
- Terry Venables - David Pleat ---

Terry Venables: Thank you, Mark. It's been a hectic summer so far at the Lane, you can say that again! I'm Terry Venables and you can follow my Tottenham column at the Sun.
David Pleat: And I will contribute on Spurs media watch with my column at the Guardian.
Terry Venables: The focal point about Spurs this summer is the sale of Gareth Bale, David, but do you agree with the general sentiment we will find life without him tough?
David Pleat: I don't think that's what the fans should worry about, Terry. The board have spent the money well and I can see quality in all the signings.
Terry Venables: I second that. But it will take time for all of them to settle and I have no idea if Villas-Boas knows his best team right now.
David Pleat: I bet both of us would have loved to have this problem during our reigns as managers though!
Terry Venables: Haha, you make a good point. What concerns me is something else. Andre has expressed his intention to change the style of play and I'm not sure that will bode well with the fans.
David Pleat: So much is true. Spurs fans are a little spoiled for flair and quick tempo and will expect beautiful, attacking football. If they can be patient enough to wait for the team to blend Tottenham can live up to the buzz surrounding the incoming transfers and Bale will not be missed.
Mark Lawrenson: Patience is a virtue nowadays, Dave. And I know a bunch that have been waiting too long to see the glory days return... Myself included! That's right, it's time to move to Merseyside... Alan?

View attachment 457993
Liverpool

History: 18 times champion, 12 times runner-up
Title odds:
16-1
Pundits:
View attachment 457981View attachment 457980
---Alan Hansen
iJamie Carragher i

Alan Hansen: I'm here, Mark. I honestly can't believe you left us waiting so long.
Mark Lawrenson: That's up to the owners and managers, Alan. I don't win us titles anymore.
Alan Hansen: I mean getting to us here from the studio... We're behind Spurs in the pecking order, seriously?!
Mark Lawrenson: ... (coughs) ... We've just been having some technical problems, Alan, that's all...
Alan Hansen: Sadly the club's been having technical problems for over the last 23 years.
Mark Lawrenson: That's about as long as since you said that thing about the kids, Alan.
Alan Hansen: Anyway. I'm Alan Hansen and I'll be covering Liverpool for you via the Telegraph. Jamie?
Jamie Carragher: I was already thinking you two have completely forgotten what we're here for. You can find my analysis as usual in the pages of the Daily Mail. So what do you think about chances this season?
Alan Hansen: Brendan Rodgers is living up to the challenge of being a Liverpool manager and it may turn into something big. The spending has been adequate and the club remained firm by refusing all bids from Arsenal for Luis Suarez. If we can keep him happy he will give us goals and that's all we need right now with the defense looking good.
Jamie Carragher: There's no doubt his partnership with Daniel Sturridge will be key for our chances this season. There is still room for improvement though and I see that on the wing. I'm not sure the Moses loan deal is ideal for us unless it provides healthy competition for Sterling and he ups his game. But honestly, Alan, where do you see us this season?
Alan Hansen: It's too early to say. Maybe it's too much to ask for a title challenge at this point, but I do think we have a good chance and should pursue a top four position.
Mark Lawrenson: We'll see how that turns out. That should be all... Oh, wait. With all this merry-go-round transfers, managerial changes and Pele predicting one of these six should win the title, we have prepared one additional club to watch as the potential surprise package to take advantage and wrestle with the big boys. Rob, are you there?

View attachment 457992
Newcastle

History: 4 times champion, 2 times runner-up
Title odds:
40-1
Pundits:

View attachment 457979View attachment 457978
----- Rob Lee --- Kevin Keegan --

Rob Lee: We are here, Mark. Impatient and delusional as always.
Mark Lawrenson: Come again?!
Rob Lee: I was having a joke... Or maybe not.
Kevin Keegan: It's hard to be on the good side of the joke with our club recently, Rob. I thought Alan Pardew was doing a good job given the circumstances and was really looking forward to this season but ever since Ashley appointed Kinnear over him it was going to be a matter of time.
Mark Lawrenson: Wait a second, what are you saying here, did Pardew...
Rob Lee: Yeah, that's the news from the North East, Alan Pardew has just resigned from his position as Newcastle United manager.
Mark Lawrenson: Wow, I didn't see that one coming! Tell us more, what's exactly happening?
Rob Lee: It just broke out, Mark. Pardew resigned after Joe Kinnear reportedly addressed him as "Alan Parsnip". Joe is holding a press conference right now, sounds like Ashley is ready to call in a replacement straight away.
Kevin Keegan: Seems like they had this in the making for quite some time.
Rob Lee: It's Berbatov...
Mark Lawrenson: What?
Rob Lee: He just said it, Dimitar Berbatov is the new Newcastle manager.
Kevin Keegan: That's weird.
Mark Lawrenson: But he's under contract at Fulham, ain't he?! He doesn't even have the coaching badges to qualify for the job!
Kevin Keegan: Wait a second, Mark... It's not Berbatov.
Rob Lee: Oh, dear, you've got to be kidding me!
Kevin Keegan: This is a real circus now.
Mark Lawrenson: What's happening out there, folks?!
Rob Lee: He just got the new manager's name wrong. It's Dimiter Hristov.
Mark Lawrenson: Who?!
Kevin Keegan: Yup, that's right.
Mark Lawrenson: Are you sure? Never heard of that name...
Rob Lee: Me neither, Mark.
Kevin Keegan: He seems like a pretty young lad from what I can see... No previous experience in the game, as well.
Rob Lee: Never seen him even do so much as painting job around Saint James'. He's not even Ashley's son's family friend...
Mark Lawrenson: Who is this guy?
Kevin Keegan: In all honesty, Mark, I have no idea. We'll keep you posted.
Rob Lee: That's right. Watch my space at the Evening Chronicle for an update.
Kevin Keegan: And don't forget to keep checking my section at the ESPN site. I'll be on the phone to find out what's going on here as soon as we get off air.
Mark Lawrenson: Okay, thank you, Rob, Kevin! Shocking development at Saint James' Park - Alan Pardew resigns and seems like Newcastle have a new mysterious manager out of the blue! What an explosive conclusion to our quick walk through the contenders this season... Please, remember - this was just the appetizer! We will be back for more detailed preview of each of the challengers soon. We also have a number of surprises prepared for you, but don't expect me to spoil it for you! You will see them as we get closer to the opening day of the new 2013/14 Premier League season. I, Mark Lawrenson, wish you a very good evening - just don't forget to turn in for our next update!

View attachment 457917

BBC Sport football expert Mark Lawrenson takes a look at the title contenders

Less than 2 months and counting down to the start of the new season! Who will challenge for the title? Who will get in the coveted top four and secure Champions League football?

Let's take a look at Manchester United - the reigning champions. Media predictions: 1st place.

*Note - all future Summer Window transfers will be included by editing this post when the transfer deadline passes.

Manchester United
View attachment 457916
Manager: David Moyes (since July 2013)
View attachment 457950

Preferred Formation:
4-2-3-1
View attachment 457565

Provisional Squad:

Goalkeepers:
View attachment 457949View attachment 457948View attachment 457947
David De Gea / Anders Lindegaard / Ben Amos

Central Defenders:
View attachment 457946View attachment 457945View attachment 457944View attachment 457943View attachment 457941
Rio Ferdinand / Jonny Evans / Nemanja Vidic / Phil Jones / Chris Smalling

Full Backs:
View attachment 457940View attachment 457939View attachment 457938View attachment 457937
Patrice Evra / Rafael / Fabio / Alexander Buttner

Midfielders:
View attachment 457936View attachment 457935View attachment 457934View attachment 457933View attachment 457932
Tom Cleverley / Michael Carrick / Darren Fletcher / Marouane Fellaini / Anderson

Wingers:
View attachment 457931View attachment 457930View attachment 457929View attachment 457928View attachment 457927View attachment 457926
Shinji Kagawa / Antonio Valencia / Nani / Ashley Young / Ryan Giggs / Wilfried Zaha

Strikers:
View attachment 457925View attachment 457924View attachment 457923View attachment 457922
Robin van Persie / Wayne Rooney / Javier Hernandez / Danny Welbeck

Notable Transfers In:

View attachment 457933
Marouane Fellaini - Everton,
27.5m pounds

View attachment 457921
Guillermo Varela - Atletico Penarol, 1.0m pounds

Notable Transfers Out:

View attachment 457920
Scott Wootton - Leeds, 0.5m pounds

View attachment 457919
Angelo Henriquez - Real Zaragoza on loan

View attachment 457918
Nick Powell - Wigan on loan

Last edited:
View attachment 457915

Less than 2 months and counting down to the start of the new season! Who will challenge for the title? Who will get in the coveted top four and secure Champions League football?

Let's take a look at Chelsea - most likely contender. Media predictions: 2nd place.

*Note - all future Summer Window transfers will be included by editing this post when the transfer deadline passes.

Chelsea
View attachment 457914

Manager: Jose Mourinho (since June 2013)
View attachment 457913

Preferred Formation:
4-2-3-1
View attachment 457564

Provisional Squad:

Goalkeepers:
View attachment 457912View attachment 457911View attachment 457910
Petr Cech / Mark Schwarzer / Hilario

Central Defenders:
View attachment 457909View attachment 457908View attachment 457907View attachment 457906
John Terry / David Luiz / Gary Cahill / Branislav Ivanovic

Full Backs:
View attachment 457905View attachment 457904View attachment 457903
Ashley Cole / Cesar Azpilicueta / Ryan Bertrand

Midfielders:
View attachment 457902View attachment 457901View attachment 457900View attachment 457899View attachment 457898View attachment 457897
Oscar / Ramires / Frank Lampard / John Obi Mikel / Michael Essien / Nathaniel Chalobah

Wingers:
View attachment 457896View attachment 457895View attachment 457894View attachment 457893View attachment 457892View attachment 457891
Mata / Willian / Eden Hazard / Andre Schurrle / Kevin De Bruyne / Marco van Ginkel

Strikers:
View attachment 457890View attachment 457889View attachment 457888
Samuel Eto'o / Demba Ba / Fernando Torres

Notable Transfers In:

Willian - Anzhi, 30.0m pounds

Andre Schurrle - Bayer Leverkusen, 18.5m pounds

Marco van Ginkel - Vitesse Arnhem, 4.2m pounds

View attachment 457887
Christian Atsu - FC Porto, 3.5m pounds

View attachment 457886
Christian Cuevas - O'Higgins, 1.7m
pounds

View attachment 457885
Isaiah Brown - WBA, 209k
pounds

View attachment 457884
Stipe Perica - NK Zadar, undisclosed fee

Samuel Eto'o - Anzhi, free

Mark Schwarzer - Fulham, free

View attachment 457883
Jack Powell - West Ham, free

Notable Transfers Out:

View attachment 457870
Jeffrey Bruma - PSV Eindhoven, 3.0m pounds

View attachment 457882
Florent Malouda - Trabzonspor, free

View attachment 457881
Ross Turnbull - Doncaster Rovers, free

View attachment 457880
Paulo Ferreira - released

View attachment 457879
Yossi Benayoun - released

View attachment 457869
Thibaut Courtois - Atletico Madrid on loan

View attachment 457878
Patrick van Aanholt - Vitesse Arnhem on loan

View attachment 457877
Gael Kakuta - Vitesse Arnhem on loan

View attachment 457876
Lucas Piazon - Vitesse Arnhem on loan

Christian Atsu - Vitesse Arnhem on loan

View attachment 457875
Marko Marin - Sevilla on loan

View attachment 457874
Oriol Romeu - Valencia on loan

View attachment 457873
Wallace - Inter Milan on loan

View attachment 457872
Victor Moses - Liverpool on loan

View attachment 457871
Romelu Lukaku - Everton on loan

Last edited:
View attachment 457868

Let's take a look at Manchester City - biggest spenders and fierce rivals of the current champions. Media predictions: 3rd place.

Manchester City
View attachment 457867

Manager: Manuel Pellegrini (since June 2013)
View attachment 457866

Preferred Formation:
4-2-3-1
View attachment 457563

Provisional Squad:

Goalkeepers:
View attachment 457865View attachment 457864
Joe Hart / Costel Pantilimon

Central Defenders:
View attachment 457863View attachment 457862View attachment 457861View attachment 457860
Vincent Kompany / Martin Demichelis / Matija Nastasic / Joleon Lescott

Full Backs:
View attachment 457859View attachment 457858View attachment 457857View attachment 457856
Pablo Zabaleta / Gael Clichy / Micah Richards / Aleksander Kolarov

Midfielders:
View attachment 457855View attachment 457854View attachment 457853View attachment 457852
Yaya Toure / Fernandinho / Javi Garcia / Jack Rodwell

Wingers:
View attachment 457851View attachment 457850View attachment 457849View attachment 457848
David Silva / Jesus Navas / Samir Nasri / James Milner

Strikers:
View attachment 457847View attachment 457846View attachment 457845View attachment 457844
Sergio Aguero / Alvaro Negredo / Edin Dzeko / Stevan Jovetic

Notable Transfers In:

Fernandinho - Shakhtar Donetsk, 30.0m pounds

Stevan Jovetic - Fiorentina, 22.0m pounds

Alvaro Negredo - Sevilla, 20.0m pounds

Jesus Navas - Sevilla, 15.25m pounds

Martin Demichelis - Atletico Madrid, 5.0m pounds

Notable Transfers Out:

View attachment 457843
Carlos Tevez - Juventus, 10.25m pounds

View attachment 457842
Denis Suarez - Barcelona, 1.5m pounds

View attachment 457841
Jeremy Helan - Sheffield Wednesday, undisclosed fee

View attachment 457840
Maicon - Roma, free

View attachment 457839
Kolo Toure - Liverpool, free

View attachment 457838
Roque Santa Cruz - Malaga, free

View attachment 457837
Wayne Bridge - Reading on loan

View attachment 457836
Scott Sinclair - WBA on loan

View attachment 457835
Abdul Razak - Anzhi on loan

View attachment 457834
Karim Rekik - PSV Eindhoven on loan

Last edited:
View attachment 457833

Let's take a look at Arsenal - who finally broke their transfer record fee and are hungrier than ever to put an end to their trophy drought. Media predictions: 4th place.

Arsenal
View attachment 457832

Manager: Arsene Wenger (since September 1996)
View attachment 457831

Preferred Formation:
4-2-3-1
View attachment 457562

Provisional Squad:

Goalkeepers:
View attachment 457830View attachment 457829View attachment 457828
Wojciech Szczesny / Emiliano Viviano / Lukasz Fabianski

Central Defenders:
View attachment 457827View attachment 457826View attachment 457825
Laurent Koscielny / Per Mertesacker / Thomas Vermaelen

Full Backs:
View attachment 457824View attachment 457823View attachment 457822View attachment 457821
Bacary Sagna / Kieran Gibbs / Natxo Monreal / Carl Jenkinson

Midfielders:
View attachment 457820View attachment 457819View attachment 457818View attachment 457817View attachment 457816
Mikel Arteta / Jack Wilshere / Aaron Ramsey / Mathieu Flamini / Abou Diaby

Wingers:
View attachment 457815View attachment 457814View attachment 457813View attachment 457812View attachment 457811View attachment 457810
Mesut Ozil / Theo Walcott / Santi Cazorla / Lukas Podolski / Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain / Tomas Rosicky

Strikers:
View attachment 457809View attachment 457808
Olivier Giroud / Nicklas Bendtner

Notable Transfers In:

Mesut Ozil - Real Madrid, 42.5m pounds

View attachment 457807
Yaya Sanogo - Auxerre, free

Mathieu Flamini - AC Milan, free

Emiliano Viviano - Palermo on loan

Notable Transfers Out:

View attachment 457805
Gervinho - Roma, 8.0m pounds

View attachment 457804
Vito Mannone - Sunderland, 1.5m pounds

View attachment 457803
Marouane Chamakh - Crystal Palace, free

View attachment 457802
Andre Santos - Flamengo, free

View attachment 457801
Andrey Arshavin - Zenit, free

View attachment 457800
Denilson - Sao Paulo, free

View attachment 457799
Craig Eastmond - Colchester United, free

View attachment 457798
Sanchez Watt - Colchester United, free

View attachment 457797
Jordan Wynter - Bristol City, free

View attachment 457796
Jernade Meade - Swansea, free

View attachment 457795
Kyle Ebecilio - Twente, free

View attachment 457794
Sebastien Squillaci - released

View attachment 457793
Johan Djourou - Hamburg on loan

View attachment 457792
Francis Coquelin - Freiburg on loan

View attachment 457791
Ignasi Miquel - Leicester on loan

Last edited:
View attachment 457790

Let's take a look at Tottenham - who cashed in on arguably the greatest star they have had in recent times and looked to replace him. Media predictions: 5th place.

Tottenham
View attachment 457789

Manager: Andre Villas-Boas (since July 2012)
View attachment 457788

Preferred Formation:
4-2-3-1
View attachment 457561

Provisional Squad:

Goalkeepers:
View attachment 457787View attachment 457786View attachment 457785
Hugo Lloris / Brad Friedel / Gomes

Central Defenders:
View attachment 457784View attachment 457783View attachment 457782View attachment 457781
Younes Kaboul / Jan Vertonghen / Michael Dawson / Vlad Chiriches

Full Backs:
View attachment 457780View attachment 457779View attachment 457778
Kyle Walker / Danny Rose / Kyle Naughton

Midfielders:
View attachment 457777View attachment 457776View attachment 457775View attachment 457774View attachment 457773View attachment 457772
Paulinho / Christian Eriksen / Sandro / Lewis Holtby / Mousa Dembele / Etienne Capoue

Wingers:
View attachment 457771View attachment 457770View attachment 457769View attachment 457768View attachment 457767
Erik Lamela / Aaron Lennon / Andros Townsend / Gylfi Sigurdsson / Nacer Chadli

Strikers:
View attachment 457766View attachment 457765View attachment 457764View attachment 457763
Roberto Soldado / Jermain Defoe / Emmanuel Adebayor / Harry Kane

Notable Transfers In:

Erik Lamela - Roma, 26.0m pounds

Roberto Soldado - Valencia, 25.5m pounds

Paulinho - Corinthians, 17.0m pounds

Etienne Capoue - Toulouse, 8.5m pounds

Vlad Chiriches - Steaua, 8.5m pounds

Nacer Chadli - Twente, 6.0m pounds

Notable Transfers Out:

View attachment 457761
Gareth Bale - Real Madrid, 85.0m pounds

View attachment 457760
Steven Caulker - Cardiff, 8.5m pounds

View attachment 457759
Clint Dempsey - Seattle Sounders, 5.75m pounds

View attachment 457758
Tom Huddlestone - Hull City, 5.25m pounds

View attachment 457757
Scott Parker - Fulham, 3.5m pounds

View attachment 457756
Massimo Luongo - Swindon, 400k pounds

View attachment 457755
Nathan Byrne - Swindon, free

View attachment 457754
David Bentley - released

View attachment 457753
William Gallas - released

View attachment 457752
John Bostock - released

View attachment 457751
Jake Livermore - Hull City on loan

View attachment 457750
Tom Carroll - Q.P.R. on loan

View attachment 457749
Benoit Assou-Ekotto - Q.P.R. on loan

Last edited:
View attachment 457748

Let's take a look at Liverpool - who are secretly hopeful to mount a genuine title challenge on top of their Champions League finish aspirations. Media predictions: 6th place.

Liverpool
View attachment 457747
Manager: Brendan Rodgers (since June 2012)
View attachment 457746

Preferred Formation:
4-3-3
View attachment 457560

Provisional Squad:

Goalkeepers:
View attachment 457745View attachment 457744
Simon Mignolet / Brad Jones

Central Defenders:
View attachment 457743View attachment 457742View attachment 457741View attachment 457740View attachment 457739
Daniel Agger / Martin Skrtel / Mamadou Sakho / Kolo Toure / Sebastian Coates

Full Backs:
View attachment 457737View attachment 457736View attachment 457735View attachment 457734View attachment 457733
Glen Johnson / Jose Enrique / Aly Cissokho / Martin Kelly / Andre Wisdom

Midfielders:
View attachment 457732View attachment 457731View attachment 457730View attachment 457729View attachment 457728
Steven Gerrard / Coutinho / Lucas Leiva / Jordan Henderson / Joe Allen

Wingers:
View attachment 457727View attachment 457726View attachment 457725
Victor Moses / Raheem Sterling / Luis Alberto

Strikers:
View attachment 457724View attachment 457723View attachment 457722
Luis Suarez / Daniel Sturridge / Iago Aspas

Notable Transfers In:

Mamadou Sakho - Paris Saint-Germain, 16.0m pounds

Simon Mignolet - Sunderland, 9.0m pounds

Iago Aspas - Celta Vigo, 7.5m pounds

Tiago Ilori - Sporting Lisbon, 7.0m pounds

Luis Alberto - Sevilla, 6.75m pounds

Kolo Toure - Manchester City, free

Aly Cissokho - Valencia on loan

Victor Moses - Chelsea on loan

Notable Transfers Out:

View attachment 457720
Andy Carroll - West Ham, 15.0m pounds

View attachment 457719
Stewart Downing - West Ham, 5.0m pounds

View attachment 457718
Jonjo Shelvey - Swansea, 5.0m pounds

View attachment 457717
Jay Spearing - Bolton, 1.0m pounds

View attachment 457716
Daniel Pacheco - AD Alcorcon, free

View attachment 457715
Danny Wilson - Heart of Midlothian, free

View attachment 457714
Suso - Almeria on loan

View attachment 457713
Pepe Reina - Napoli on loan

View attachment 457712
Oussama Assaidi - Stoke City on loan

View attachment 457711
Fabio Borini - Sunderland on loan

Last edited:
View attachment 457708

Let's take a look at Newcastle - who are our surprise package pick this season but are in turmoil once again as Alan Pardew resigned during the summer. Media predictions: 7th place.

Newcastle
View attachment 457707

Manager: Dimiter Hristov (since July 2013)
View attachment 457706

Preferred Formation:
2-3-1-2-2
View attachment 457559

Provisional Squad:

Goalkeepers:
View attachment 457705View attachment 457704View attachment 457703
Tim Krul / Rob Elliot / Jak Alnwick

Central Defenders:
View attachment 457702View attachment 457701View attachment 457700View attachment 457699
Fabricio Coloccini / Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa / Steven Taylor / Mike Williamson

Wing Backs:
View attachment 457698View attachment 457697View attachment 457696View attachment 457695
Mathieu Debuchy / Davide Santon / Massadio Haidara / Ryan Taylor

Midfielders:
View attachment 457694View attachment 457693View attachment 457692View attachment 457691View attachment 457690
Yohan Cabaye / Cheick Tiote / Moussa Sissoko / Vurnon Anita / Gael Bigirimana

Wingers:
View attachment 457689View attachment 457688View attachment 457687View attachment 457686View attachment 457685
Hatem Ben Arfa / Yohan Gouffran / Sylvain Marveaux / Jonas Gutierrez / Gabriel Obertan

Strikers:
View attachment 457684View attachment 457683View attachment 457682View attachment 457681
Papiss Cisse / Loic Remy / Shola Ameobi / Adam Campbell

Notable Transfers In:

View attachment 457680
Olivier Kemen - Metz, 675k
pounds

Loic Remy - Q.P.R. on loan

Notable Transfers Out:

View attachment 457676
James Perch - Wigan, 750k pounds

View attachment 457675
Brad Inman - Crewe Alexandra, 75k pounds

View attachment 457674
Steve Harper - released

View attachment 457673
Danny Simpson - Q.P.R., free

View attachment 457672
Mehdi Abeid - Panathinaikos on loan

Last edited:
Looks kinda cool will follow. You always see a Newcastle or Southampton high up there in fm though and see like a Man City at mid table

Looks kinda cool will follow. You always see a Newcastle or Southampton high up there in fm though and see like a Man City at mid table

I don't expect it to be easy with the formation I will be using mate, plus the story is about much more than just me walking random club to umpteen trophies till I bore myself and the audience to death.

Hristov first interview as Newcastle United manager

View attachment 457615
Rob Lee
Published at 2:31PM, July 9 2013

Just like many other pundits I was caught off guard by the shocking news Alan Pardew has resigned just a little over a year into his eight-year contract as Newcastle manager. Voices of doubt literally blew the city as Mike Ashley immediately installed a completely unknown name in the position - a Bulgarian lad still in his 20's with no prior experience in the game. Who is he? Where did he come from? Why did he get the job and what can we expect of him? Dimiter Hristov was kind enough to answer my call for an interview hoping that would lift the curtain of uncertainty and channel the energy into a positive force. Will that happen? I'll leave it to your call.

View attachment 457610
Hristov is man on target at the moment

Rob Lee: Hi and thank you for agreeing to this interview for the Chronicle.
Dimiter Hristov: Don't mention it, I should be thanking you. It's always an honor to speak with a legend so closely related to the club.
Rob Lee: Flattery won't get you a positive review, you know, right?
Dimiter Hristov: Oh, don't take me wrong, not at all my aim. I completely understand the doubts in fans and media, you included.
Rob Lee: Your appointment was indeed a shocking one. Can you tell us a little more about yourself and how you got the job?!
Dimiter Hristov: I have extensive experience with another area of the game - football agencies throughout the world. That's how I met Mike Ashley. As a matter of fact Graham Carr introduced us about a month ago. Now let me make it clear right here I have utmost respect for the job Alan has done for the club and I played absolutely no part in his leaving. Mike's offer was unexpected for me but I just couldn't say "no".
Rob Lee: Okay, you've worked with football agents I assume - what capacity?
Dimiter Hristov: I've been doing a lot of scouting but primarily my job has been consulting negotiations for fees between clubs and agents. I'm not at liberty to talk names but I've participated in some of the biggest deals on the current market. You will ask what that has to do with management and I'll answer you straight away - I have a pretty good idea of the tactical side of the game and I have the coaching badges to show for it. It was always my intention to get into management, although maybe not at such a high profile job right away.
Rob Lee: You are aware the fans are demanding for you to be immediately replaced with a respectable experienced manager, right? Are you sure waiving your badges in the air will silence the critics?
Dimiter Hristov: And I expected nothing less from a crowd as passionate and caring about the club as our fans. Listen, Rob, there really isn't anything I can say right now that will make those voices disappear. All I can do is work and show results to win them over. That is fair and I wouldn't have it any other way, but I'm not one to buckle under pressure either.
Rob Lee: So tell us about what you intend to work on, then? How exactly will you be looking to prove your worth to the fans?
Dimiter Hristov: I will focus on the part I'm really good at. There is still plenty of time until the season kicks off and we are in the middle of a transfer window which gives me a perfect opportunity to show what I can do on the market.
Rob Lee: You probably remember how Joe Kinnear's recent "I can pick up the phone and call every manager in the game" interview went, do you really want to go down the same lane?
Dimiter Hristov: Hold onto that thought and we will revisit it in the next interview a week from now, will you?
Rob Lee: Oh, I will be there to remind you, you can be sure. I am a little curious, how do you intend to blow our minds with the limited budget in place at the club?
Dimiter Hristov: I have already discussed the transfer policy with Mike - it was my main condition before signing the contract. There is money to spend and more importantly a larger percentage of the fees from outgoing transfers will be reinvested in the squad. This has been a major problem here as the fans had to wait two or even more transfer windows before a high profile player could be replaced with an equal.
Rob Lee: Does this mean you will be looking to cash in on our big stars?
Dimiter Hristov: Plain and simple: NO! All key members of the team will remain here whatever offers we receive. But I will reshape the squad by selling some of the fringe players - and some of them have been loyal servants to this club so the fans may not feel happy about it at first. What I can tell them in advance is remember how the sale of Andy Cole turned - I'll merely be opening space for quality long term players to move in.
Rob Lee: Have you met the team already? Are they aware of your plans to "get rid of some fringe players"?
Dimiter Hristov: This can only work if the players trust me, so yes, I have been honest with them. They understand. I have made some promises I need to keep so it comes down to what I've been saying since the beginning - I will live or die at this job by the results I produce both on and off the pitch.
Rob Lee: And what about the football on the pitch? Whatever you do on the market you will need to get a team out there in front of the fans and that's where you will win them over, nowhere else.
Dimiter Hristov: First of all I will be upgrading the staff here. Not cutting it down but hiring a couple new faces so that we can train in all key areas of the game. Talks are ongoing with Mike about increasing investment in our training facilities and the youth system. As for the style we will play it will be attractive, attacking football. I can promise you my intention is our games will be true spectacles!
Rob Lee: Excuse me but I've never heard of a 2-3-1-2-2 formation!
Dimiter Hristov: I believe the modern game is not so much about the numbers as it is never going to be a rigid formation, it is more about the transition between defense and attack. This is an extremely aggressive formation looking to maximize the attacking potential of a team while recycling possession quickly when the ball is lost. It is also extremely beautiful to watch as you will soon see.
Rob Lee: Okay, let me summarize the interview so far - the way the fans will read it. You come out of the blue to take over one of the high pressure jobs in football management, basicly say the club needs to sell to buy, you caused potential dressing room unrest on day one by being honest with the players that some of them will be sold, and you will be looking to employ some fancy computer-game formation nobody has ever heard of. Now be honest with me here, how do you expect that to work out?!
Dimiter Hristov: Through heavy and passionate work. I've been a lifelong fan of this club and the second I feel I'm not up for this job I won't stand in the way, Rob. I'm not expecting a honeymoon given the circumstances but I trust I will be judged on my actions - successes and failures respectively, and not just because people don't know me. I'm not looking for cheap PR and I'm certainly not a yes-man for the board. To bring Newcastle up to the next level we all need to be rowing in the same direction and while this is not how it is at the moment, I will do my best for it to happen.
Rob Lee: Thank you for this interview and good luck.
Dimiter Hristov: It has been an honor. And don't forget your reminder... A week from now.
Rob Lee: I won't.

Last edited:
2-3-1-2-2?

2 CBs; 2 WBs+DM; 1 CM; 2 Wingers; 2 Strikers

And Wingers wide or Centered? :p

I love to know about tactics. :p

Edit: Didn't see the picture, I'd love to follow this.

love the subtle ian moody reference in the newcastle bit at the start, intentional or not that made me laugh. good luck!

Blasphemy! Seven clubs lock horns for the title after sir Alex Ferguson's ret...

Hristov first interview as Newcastle United manager

View attachment 412490
Rob Lee
Published at 2:31PM, July 9 2013

Just like many other pundits I was caught off guard by the shocking news Alan Pardew has resigned just a little over a year into his eight-year contract as Newcastle manager. Voices of doubt literally blew the city as Mike Ashley immediately installed a completely unknown name in the position - a Bulgarian lad still in his 20's with no prior experience in the game. Who is he? Where did he come from? Why did he get the job and what can we expect of him? Dimiter Hristov was kind enough to answer my call for an interview hoping that would lift the curtain of uncertainty and channel the energy into a positive force. Will that happen? I'll leave it to your call.

View attachment 412500
Hristov is man on target at the moment

Rob Lee: Hi and thank you for agreeing to this interview for the Chronicle.
Dimiter Hristov: Don't mention it, I should be thanking you. It's always an honor to speak with a legend so closely related to the club.
Rob Lee: Flattery won't get you a positive review, you know, right?
Dimiter Hristov: Oh, don't take me wrong, not at all my aim. I completely understand the doubts in fans and media, you included.
Rob Lee: Your appointment was indeed a shocking one. Can you tell us a little more about yourself and how you got the job?!
Dimiter Hristov: I have extensive experience with another area of the game - football agencies throughout the world. That's how I met Mike Ashley. As a matter of fact Graham Carr introduced us about a month ago. Now let me make it clear right here I have utmost respect for the job Alan has done for the club and I played absolutely no part in his leaving. Mike's offer was unexpected for me but I just couldn't say "no".
Rob Lee: Okay, you've worked with football agents I assume - what capacity?
Dimiter Hristov: I've been doing a lot of scouting but primarily my job has been consulting negotiations for fees between clubs and agents. I'm not at liberty to talk names but I've participated in some of the biggest deals on the current market. You will ask what that has to do with management and I'll answer you straight away - I have a pretty good idea of the tactical side of the game and I have the coaching badges to show for it. It was always my intention to get into management, although maybe not at such a high profile job right away.
Rob Lee: You are aware the fans are demanding for you to be immediately replaced with a respectable experienced manager, right? Are you sure waiving your badges in the air will silence the critics?
Dimiter Hristov: And I expected nothing less from a crowd as passionate and caring about the club as our fans. Listen, Rob, there really isn't anything I can say right now that will make those voices disappear. All I can do is work and show results to win them over. That is fair and I wouldn't have it any other way, but I'm not one to buckle under pressure either.
Rob Lee: So tell us about what you intend to work on, then? How exactly will you be looking to prove your worth to the fans?
Dimiter Hristov: I will focus on the part I'm really good at. There is still plenty of time until the season kicks off and we are in the middle of a transfer window which gives me a perfect opportunity to show what I can do on the market.
Rob Lee: You probably remember how Joe Kinnear's recent "I can pick up the phone and call every manager in the game" interview went, do you really want to go down the same lane?
Dimiter Hristov: Hold onto that thought and we will revisit it in the next interview a week from now, will you?
Rob Lee: Oh, I will be there to remind you, you can be sure. I am a little curious, how do you intend to blow our minds with the limited budget in place at the club?
Dimiter Hristov: I have already discussed the transfer policy with Mike - it was my main condition before signing the contract. There is money to spend and more importantly a larger percentage of the fees from outgoing transfers will be reinvested in the squad. This has been a major problem here as the fans had to wait two or even more transfer windows before a high profile player could be replaced with an equal.
Rob Lee: Does this mean you will be looking to cash in on our big stars?
Dimiter Hristov: Plain and simple: NO! All key members of the team will remain here whatever offers we receive. But I will reshape the squad by selling some of the fringe players - and some of them have been loyal servants to this club so the fans may not feel happy about it at first. What I can tell them in advance is remember how the sale of Andy Cole turned - I'll merely be opening space for quality long term players to move in.
Rob Lee: Have you met the team already? Are they aware of your plans to "get rid of some fringe players"?
Dimiter Hristov: This can only work if the players trust me, so yes, I have been honest with them. They understand. I have made some promises I need to keep so it comes down to what I've been saying since the beginning - I will live or die at this job by the results I produce both on and off the pitch.
Rob Lee: And what about the football on the pitch? Whatever you do on the market you will need to get a team out there in front of the fans and that's where you will win them over, nowhere else.
Dimiter Hristov: First of all I will be upgrading the staff here. Not cutting it down but hiring a couple new faces so that we can train in all key areas of the game. Talks are ongoing with Mike about increasing investment in our training facilities and the youth system. As for the style we will play it will be attractive, attacking football. I can promise you my intention is our games will be true spectacles!
Rob Lee: Excuse me but I've never heard of a 2-3-1-2-2 formation!
Dimiter Hristov: I believe the modern game is not so much about the numbers as it is never going to be a rigid formation, it is more about the transition between defense and attack. This is an extremely aggressive formation looking to maximize the attacking potential of a team while recycling possession quickly when the ball is lost. It is also extremely beautiful to watch as you will soon see.
Rob Lee: Okay, let me summarize the interview so far - the way the fans will read it. You come out of the blue to take over one of the high pressure jobs in football management, basicly say the club needs to sell to buy, you caused potential dressing room unrest on day one by being honest with the players that some of them will be sold, and you will be looking to employ some fancy computer-game formation nobody has ever heard of. Now be honest with me here, how do you expect that to work out?!
Dimiter Hristov: Through heavy and passionate work. I've been a lifelong fan of this club and the second I feel I'm not up for this job I won't stand in the way, Rob. I'm not expecting a honeymoon given the circumstances but I trust I will be judged on my actions - successes and failures respectively, and not just because people don't know me. I'm not looking for cheap PR and I'm certainly not a yes-man for the board. To bring Newcastle up to the next level we all need to be rowing in the same direction and while this is not how it is at the moment, I will do my best for it to happen.
Rob Lee: Thank you for this interview and good luck.
Dimiter Hristov: It has been an honor. And don't forget your reminder... A week from now.
Rob Lee: I won't.
That's one **** of a bitchy interviewer, eh? Good luck mate, and I like the layout, I'm thoroughly enjoying the story so far!

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk.

That's one **** of a bitchy interviewer, eh? Good luck mate, and I like the layout, I'm thoroughly enjoying the story so far!

It's a tough job getting accepted out there :( The way it's going I fear they may not let me get to my debut game!

View attachment 456773
View attachment 456772
PUBLISHED: 11:35 GMT, 12 July 2013 | UPDATED: 11:43 GMT, 12 July 2013

Liverpool look to Blaise up their midfield

Liverpool have announced the signing of Paris Saint-Germain tenacious defensive midfielder Blaise Matuidi (26) for 6.0m pounds. Blaise has spent two seasons in Paris, playing 66 games with 6 goals, and brings valuable Champions League experience to the club at the expense of a moderate fee. He will provide healthy competition for Lucas Leiva while players like Joe Allen might now find it harder to hold a regular starting position.

View attachment 456771
Blaise Matuidi

Blaise is a full French international and has already earned 15 caps to his name. He has a reputation of bombing forward and certainly isn't shy of a tackle. His arrival was greeted in a positive fashion from the supporters as Liverpool look to build a squad capable of competing for a position in the top four and maybe even the league title, although manager Brendan Rodgers was quick to dull these ambitions down:
Reporter: The signing of Blaise Matuidi has the fans dreaming again - can he drive the club to glory?
Brendan Rodgers: We are building a competitive team, yes, but let's take it one step at a time. What we will be looking to do this season is regain our place in the top four and qualify for the Champions League. Let's not get carried away thinking about the title in July!
Reporter: Matuidi's arrival has raised questions over the long-term future of Joe Allen. Does this mean we can see him leave Liverpool now?
Brendan Rodgers: I am not discussing outgoing transfers at this moment. While the window is open anything could happen.
Reporter: There are concerns with Liverpool's depth on the wings. Will you be looking to reinforce that area?
Brendan Rodgers: We are not done spending and we have several other deals in the pipelines. You will have to wait and see.

Blaise Matuidi transfer verdict: 8.0/10 - quality buy from Rodgers as he backs the team with much needed experience at the top level.

Last edited: