Blasphemy! Seven clubs lock horns for the title after sir Alex Ferguson's retirement!

Great updates mate, it's really a joy to read! For a person like me (I normally like to sell my star players for a lot, and then sign replacements), I think you've made some good transfers - although I don't really see why you've sold Bigirimana and Dummett for so little. Anyway, as I said, keep it up - it's a good read!

Yeah the press battered me about those decisions and the fans were pretty ****** already so that didn't help much rectify my situation. I genuinely fear what may happen if my plans don't work out initially!

Bigi and Dummett had to go, I would never have played them anyway and they just weren't good enough in terms of potential (please don't leak that out to the press!)

View attachment 415531
Young spur set to sting for the Hornets
View attachment 456269
Last Updated: 18th July 2013

HARRY KANE Allowed to spend the season with Watford.

Harry Kane (20) has sealed a season-long loan move from Tottenham to Warford. The young striker is unlikely to get many chances in the first team and manager Andre Villas-Boas wants him playing regular football.

View attachment 456263
Harry Kane

Kane, who surprisingly admitted he's a boyhood fan of arch rivals Arsenal, is looking forward to joining up with his new team mates in a bid to impress Villas-Boas and earn a chance to start more games for Spurs. The striker has made only one start with his parent club and this will be his fifth spell on loan.

Victoria Beckham @victoriabeckham what a tool @ Marseilles can youiiim 1m

SHOCKING!!! How could we miss out on Leighton, I can't believe this! Why did
you wait so long DM!!! #mufc

Expand

Newcastle smash Michael Owen record by landing England international in a shock 20 million move!

July , 2013

By Kevin Keegan

In a move that shocked England our international left back Leighton Baines (28) shrugged off interest from his former manager David Moyes and picked to join Newcastle over Manchester United. While the details of the deal are still unclear I understand Everton agreed to sell for a fee in the region of 20.0 million pounds - which means the Magpies smashed the club transfer record. It is believed the deal is structured and Newcastle will only pay 10.5 million straight cash and the rest will be due in monthly installments over the next 48 months.

View attachment 456260
Leighton signs for Magpies

It is amazing a player of such caliber agreed to whatever Joe Kinnear and Dimiter Hristov had to say and turned his back on the Red Devils. Baines needs no advertising - the attacking full back has 18 caps and 1 goal for England. He spent the last six seasons with Everton and managed 16 goals for the club. The signing received mixed response in Tyneside as while the fans were impressed they also expressed general concern about overspending on a left back when there were probably better targets available for less. Hristov dismissed doubts owner Mike Ashley is upset at him going for what can only be branded as "trophy signing":

Reporter: That was quite some deal you pulled there! Reports suggest Mike Ashley is annoyed you decided to spend so much on a 28-year old though. How did you convince him to sanction the Baines signing?
Dimiter Hristov: This is such an unfair comment on our owner - people should judge facts before reputation. Of course Mike wasn't happy to spend so much on a single player, every owner wants to see cash utilized the best possible way. But we had a detailed conversation and he sees things the same way I do - Leighton is an integral part of my plans to drive this club forward which justifies the fee.
Reporter: Did you really need to spend so much on a left back when there are other areas that need to be addressed more urgently? A striker for example generally costs more and you have Santon and Haidara available already.
Dimiter Hristov: As I said, Leighton brings a lot to our team. His presence will allow both Davide and Massadio to learn - as you know they are still pretty young and can still develop a lot before reaching their peak. Let me add something else - that is the very reason we chose Baines over the other players being discussed in the social media as "better investment" right now. We considered a number of full backs, including Luke Shaw, Nathaniel Clyne and Seamus Coleman but they are all in the same mould as what we already have - youngsters with great future ahead of them. We need somebody to lead the ranks and allow our own lads to learn and grow. You also asked me on prioritizing the position over strikers so let me answer that as well. As you already know we will be using a formation which relies heavily on complete wing-backs. While a striker is generally more expensive to buy, the market for quality wing-backs is actually smaller and tighter at this moment. You can't throw talented young players in a formation they aren't used to and in a position they are uncomfortable with and expect immediate results. That's why we made sure we bring in a natural experienced player at the top of his game to have this area covered.
Reporter: Fans are worried by the financial package you had to throw at Baines to convince him to sign. I even understand he is the top earner at the club now.
Dimiter Hristov: Leighton has been offered the financial package reflecting his role and importance at the club. The negotiations were delicate as we looked to minimize the loyalty fee and agent bonus in order to keep more funds available for other targets but both player and agent showed understanding and we were able to reach a mutually satisfactory resolution. To those who worry the salary is too much and may disrupt the dressing room I can say this: Fabricio Coloccini was on higher wages before he left earlier in the window. I hope people will now understand how that sale allowed us to improve the team and bring Newcastle forward.

It will take a lot of time for people to calm down and be able to analyze this deal for what it truly means. I think both Hristov and Ashley would have avoided it in favour of Shaw or Clyne hadn't they got themselves cornered. Because make no mistake - the young manager realizes he needs a big name signing just to appeal to the fans and that is the true major reason we see Leighton Baines in a black and white shirt today.

Leighton Baines transfer verdict: 8.5/10 - expensive as **** but also a tremendous player, Baines ticks all the boxes for a top transfer. Although this deal leaves me feeling the club paid over the top in a desperate PR move when there were better alternatives to pursue.

We also keep tracking the transfer budget Hristov promised would be reinvested straight in the squad. The transfer fee for Leighton Baines (10.5m pounds) has been deducted from the pot:

Newcastle transfer budget: 29.18m pounds (9.36m initial)

Joseph Barton @Joey7Barton what a tool @ Marseilles can youiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie 1m

Top player choosing money ahead of glory in his last big move - don't get all
the big fuss here #mufc #nufc

Expand

View attachment 456239

Cultured Lazio midfielder Hernanes arrives at Anfield
Liverpool spend to silence Lucas Leiva sale critics

View attachment 456235
Brazil international teams up with Coutinho

View attachment 456232
By Alan Hansen
11:00PM GMT 22 Jul 2013

Liverpool have announced the signing of Lazio cultured midfielder Hernanes (28) for 14.25m pounds. Hernanes is a full Brazil international and his transfer comes as Brendan Rodgers' response to the heavy criticism he had to endure since Anfield faithful saw Lucas Leiva priced away by Manchester City. Hernanes spent three seasons in Rome, playing 101 games and scoring 30 goals.

View attachment 456225
Liverpool count on Brazil flair

Hernanes offers some versatility in attack and promises to form a mouth watering partnership with compatriot Coutinho. He is an explosive player well know for his eye to goal and the fans will love his long-distance attempts and technical ability to curl the ball. The Brazilian could even be compared to Luis Suarez in terms of qualities even though he prefers a slightly deeper role on the pitch. Manager Brendan Rodgers was buoyant at the deal:
Reporter: The transfer of Hernanes got Liverpool fans buzzing and talking about HeSuCo...
Brendan Rodgers: Sounds like a lot of our fans have been watching Breaking Bad recently... but that's exactly what we will look to do, break teams down and now we have the attacking options to do it!
Reporter: Critics of the Lucas sale have been silenced but the question remains, are Liverpool safe enough in the DM position?
Brendan Rodgers: We are always looking for ways to improve the team and the money we got from the Lucas deal puts us in a strong position to do so. Don't forget we already signed Blaise Matuidi so we are not exactly exposed there, but yes - I will try and add something there.
Reporter: Hernanes can play on the wings so surely you have a balanced enough side to challenge this season. Does your target this season remain the same or you will give the title race a try?
Brendan Rodgers: We are Liverpool, of course we will give our best to attack any trophies in sight, but priorities remain unchanged. Top four and Champions League football next season is a must and we have our full focus on that.

Hernanes transfer verdict: 9.5/10 - tremendous deal for Liverpool which adds both quality and depth to the team as Brendan Rodgers prepares a long-term Steven Gerrard replacement.

Last edited:

Fans concerned at mindless spending as Hristov smashes transfer record again

View attachment 456157
Rob Lee
Published at 11:15PM, July 22 2013

I have criticized the current regime at Tyneside for refusing to invest a number of times and I really didn't see such a massive turn of tide coming. The figures of authority should not take this as flattery though and I am proud to see the fans recognize the same issues I have with what's going at Saint James' Park. Newcastle smashed the club record fee for the second day in a row by securing the services of Argentinean fullback Gino Peruzzi (21) in a mad, mad 24.5m pounds deal with Catania. I really fail to see how such a young player justifies this hefty price tag, especially considering the Italians bought him from Velez for just 2.9m pounds less than a month ago!!! It is little comfort Newcastle will have to pay 9.25m pounds straight cash and the rest will be due over the next 48 months - another worrying trend the club seems to have developed on the market under Hristov. I never thought I'd say this but Ashley's previous policy of keeping the club debt-free in terms of transfers seems so rational now!

View attachment 456154
Somebody tell Hristov this isn't Messi!

Who is Peruzzi? He emerged through the Velez youth ranks two seasons ago and played 33 games with 1 goal since. He also picked up 5 full international caps which convinced Catania to bring him in Europe before Newcastle moved in to give the Italians a financial windfall they hardly dreamt for. What is even more mind boggling is we already have a fully capable right back in the face of Mathieu Debuchy so I have to ask - did we just pay this monstrous fee for a player set for the bench?! We have usually been branded delusional but believe me nobody in the North East believes we are Manchester City or Gino Peruzzi is Leo Messi. Nobody except Hristov.

View attachment 456152View attachment 456151View attachment 456150
How good is he? Gino vs Debuchy/Clyne/Coleman

The more serious allegations are Hristov turned down much cheaper youngsters available on the market like Nathaniel Clyne and Seamus Coleman (and he admitted he has been tracking them). I really don't understand why overpriced Peruzzi was pursued ahead of up and coming homegrown Coleman who seems to be equally gifted and developed?

Hristov is set for further controversy as Newcastle also announced the third summer signing - promising central midfielder Mario Pugliese (17) arrives from Atalanta. Newcastle formally signed the player while he was yet to agree a senior contract with the Italians so the deal only costs 650k pounds in compensation. Thank God, or Hristov would have offered them 10-12 million! Pugliese is an unknown quantity yet as he has never played a senior club game although he managed to record a U21 cap for Italy.

View attachment 456143
Mario Pugliese in action for Italy U21

This signing puts forward the uncomfortable question why Gael Bigirimana was sold after impressing so much during his first season at Saint James'. If there is space for development players why not keep him and let him peak before cashing in? Is the Italian teenager better than Gael?

View attachment 456132
Pugliese vs Bigirimana

I'll leave that judgment to the readers. Dimiter Hristov naturally deflected all these questions when they were thrown at his face:

Reporter: Mr. Hristov, even with Newcastle's history of shocking deals we certainly didn't expect you to break the club transfer record twice on full backs?
Dimiter Hristov: I already emphasized on the importance of this position for the formation we will integrate at the club so I find it normal to spend the majority of our budget on it.
Reporter: Excuse me but how does anything with that transfer fit the word "normal"? You are aware Gino Peruzzi's price is overly inflated only because of his recent move to the club you bought him from, right? Everybody - pundits, fellow managers, even your own fans - are petrified at this transfer! Newcastle dedicated blogs are full of articles asking why you didn't opt for established Premier League players like Clyne or Coleman instead...
Dimiter Hristov: We did our due diligence here. Both Clyne and Coleman have been thoroughly scouted and we judged a number of factors when we made the final decision who to pursue. Their homegrown status was countered by the fact they would struggle to fill the specific role we would ask them to play here. Don't get me wrong, both of them are fine players and would probably improve over time but we judged Peruzzi has a great headstart in terms of current ability and can develop way beyond either of them. There is another factor here - the initial fees we got quoted for Nathaniel and Seamus by their clubs weren't far off what we paid for Gino.
Reporter: Err if you say so... But did you really need such an expensive player when you already have Debuchy, a full French international?
Dimiter Hristov: One of the weaknesses in this team in the past has been the lack of cover at fullback. Mathieu is a great player but he is the only natural right back in the squad so getting him top competition was high up in my priorities from the start.
Reporter: What about the signing of Pugliese? Did you have to get rid of Bigirimana, an early fan favourite, considering he adapted so well to the rigors of English football?
Dimiter Hristov: Mario is a strategic buy. Our scouting crew believes he will develop into much better player than Gael. I understand the fan feelings on the subject but I have to consider what is best for the club, both in the short and long term future. As for selling Gael - ideally I would have sent him out on loan but he was never going to make it to my first team and I preferred to be fair to the lad and give him an opportunity to develop somewhere else. A lot of managers keep hold of their young players even if they see they have no future at the club and the lads end up wasting years of what is a short professional career. In addition, the fee we received allows us to reshape the squad a little more.
Reporter: As you opened that topic, with a large chunk of your budget already gone, do you believe you will be able to secure the players you need in this window? The fans have been waiting for a striker or two and all this money could have been invested there instead...
Dimiter Hristov: It has all been planned to the smallest details. You can trust me on that, one thing you can give me credit for is I'm extremely meticulous. We are making progress but we're nowhere near being done in the market.

That's exactly what I fear. Where will Newcastle be financially when Hristov is "done"? And what happens when the owner flips the coin again and decides his eccentric managerial choice is yet another flop?

Gino Peruzzi transfer verdict: 6.5/10 - this rating would be much higher if the fee wasn't so monstrous.
Mario Pugliese transfer verdict: 6.0/10 - young prospect on cheap, little risk involved - time will show if this move was good or bad.

We also keep tracking the transfer budget Hristov promised would be reinvested straight in the squad. The transfer fees for Gino Peruzzi (9.25m pounds) and Mario Pugliese (650k pounds) have been deducted from the pot:

Newcastle transfer budget: 19.28m pounds (9.36m initial)

Sting @OfficialSting what a tool @ Marseilles can you beiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilieve 1m

Back to the Shepherd days then... Oh, boy, that will be quite a ride but why
does it feel it's destined to end in tears? #nufc

Expand

View attachment 456107
View attachment 456106
PUBLISHED: 7:19 GMT, 23 July 2013 | UPDATED: 7:21 GMT, 23 July 2013

Liverpool agree Honda pre-contract

Liverpool have announced the club has agreed terms with CSKA Moscow cultured midfielder Keisuke Honda (27). The Japan international will join the Reds on a free as soon as the winter transfer window opens. Honda had previously announced he will be leaving the Moscow club when his contract expires but nevertheless Brendan Rodgers did well to beat off competition from a number of clubs to sign the player.

View attachment 456104
Honda in action for CSKA

Keisuke is in his fourth season with the Russian powerhouse. He has played 78 games for the club with 20 goals. It is also worth noting his transfer will inevitably raise additional merchandising income through shirt sales in Japan.

View attachment 456103
Gerrard-Honda comparison

Fans rushed into discussions if Honda or Hernanes is the long-term Steven Gerrard replacement and it has to be said we are likely to hear more on this topic as the season advances. Brendan Rodgers refused to be drawn in the topic:
Reporter
: Magnificent capture, Mr. Rodgers! Congratulations! Liverpool fans are on a frenzy in the social media, discussing whether Keisuke or Hernanes will be the one to fill in the boots of Stevie G for years to come. Perhaps you will shed some light on the matter?
Brendan Rodgers: I don't see any point in such discussions. Gerrard is still here and he's as hungry as ever - it will take something very special from anybody to oust him from my team. I have complete faith in him and he is our leader, the very soul of this football club - end of.
Reporter: You did exceptionally well to beat a vast number of clubs to the Honda signing, including Newcastle. There is a lot of buzz up the North East right now - and the Magpies concluded three more transfers tonight! Everybody seems to have an opinion on them, do you fear they may threaten your chances or you will join the criticism choir?
Brendan Rodgers: I am aware, of course, it's hard to miss. What did Hristov spend on fullbacks, 40-50 million? If he thinks fullbacks will win him games, then my understanding of the game differs from his. I am more worried about Spurs at the minute as they spent wisely and will be a real threat when this team gels.

And the mind-games season is officially open! While I agree with Brendan on this one I also hope these words don't come back to haunt him in May.

Keisuke Honda transfer verdict: 9.5/10 - top player on a free transfer - need I say more?

Cheryl Cole @CherylCole what a tool @ Marseilles can you beiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie 1m

Three more signings for #nufc tonight! You can think whatever you want of
Hristov but there's something big happening in the North East!

Expand

At this stage Peruzzi is quite similar to Debuchy, but at 21, He can improve a lot!

At this stage Peruzzi is quite similar to Debuchy, but at 21, He can improve a lot!

That's the reason I snapped him - my secret scouting advisor suggested he would be a monster in years to come. Sadly it meant I would take even more stick from the press but hopefully I'll have the last laugh! Of course he may turn out to be a major flop and never live up to his price tag but I have faith in the scouting advisor. Who is that? You will have to wait and see when the press finally uncover him!

loveing this keep it up rob lee does not like you much

I can't blame him though can I? He's merely taking the club's interests at heart - could you imagine how the fans feel about Ashley doing it all over again with Kinnear and some young nobody pulling the strings? It's a tough start I have to handle somehow and pray to see better days before I get lynched.

I can't blame him though can I? He's merely taking the club's interests at heart - could you imagine how the fans feel about Ashley doing it all over again with Kinnear and some young nobody pulling the strings? It's a tough start I have to handle somehow and pray to see better days before I get lynched.

dont worry fans are fickel as soon as your top of the tree thay wont give 2 hoots how much you have spent

dont worry fans are fickel as soon as your top of the tree thay wont give 2 hoots how much you have spent

That much is true unless A) I go bankrupt; B) the freaking Match Preparation keeps giving me terrible returns in terms of tactical familiarity and my results suffer because my players don't know what formation they are playing :(

Magpies turn attention to South American market as spending continues - 3 more join the ranks

July , 2013

By Kevin Keegan

After breaking the club transfer record twice in controversial fullback deals, Hristov finally addressed more pressing needs of his squad tonight. The sales of captain Coloccini and Mike Williamson earlier in the window had left the Magpies extremely thin in central defense and the manager promised adequate replacements would be brought in. It took him a while and the nerves of the fans were tested but Newcastle finally concluded a center back transfer tonight - Eder Alvarez Balanta (20) arrives from River Plate in a 13.5million pounds deal. The initial cost of the transfer is 5.5m pounds and the rest will be spread over the next 48 months. The Colombian is without a doubt an intriguing capture - although he's relatively unknown in Europe, pundits across the ocean tout him as a wonderkid after his breakthrough season with River which saw him play 9 games and get himself on the scoresheet on two occasions.

View attachment 456035
Balanta in action

Those who doubt Eder's credentials should pay attention to the fact none other than Barcelona was interested in signing him before Newcastle moved in. That does not guarantee he will be a good buy though as South Americans usually find it hard to adapt to English football and Balanta has had no chance to settle in Europe before moving to the North East. It's a high risk deal for a largely talented player who may struggle to show his best in such a physically and tactically demanding league as the Premiership.

View attachment 456033
Coloccini vs Balanta comparison

The question that bothers Newcastle fans is if Balanta will be able to replace arguably the most influential defender we have had over the past decade or possibly even longer. Coloccini is a different type of player and his reading of the game was second to none. Balanta in the same time offers a lot of pace which could imply what Hristov will be asking his defenders to do.

Fans and pundits may have concerns over Balanta's chances in the Premier League, but both will agree Hristov's choice of a striker is a tried and tested one. Newcastle finally looked for a permanent solution to the much anticipated finisher issue by wrapping up a 1.1million pounds deal for Landon Donovan (31). The American international arrives from Los Angeles Galaxy and the fee will be paid up front, no monthly installments involved.

View attachment 456012
American legend in Tyneside

Hristov is heavily criticized for overspending and burdening the club with extensive clauses but this deal is entirely different from the pattern and deserves a good word. Donovan provides exceptional versatility and experience despite his advancing age - he can cover both wings as well as play as an out and out striker, he's the USA all-time leading goalscorer with 57 goals in 154 appearances and on top of it had two very successful loan spells with Everton to prove he could cut it in the Premier League. I expect Landon to challenge loan signing Loic Remy and Yoan Gouffran for a starting position.

Newcastle also completed a third signing tonight although this one should go as one for the future. Promising striker Alberto Cerri (17) arrives from Parma after accepting the offer from Hristov and Kinnear over the Italian club's proposal for a professional contract. As a result Parma will be paid 725k pounds in compensation. The youngster has only made one senior club appearance but impressed enough to get a call up for Italy U21.

View attachment 456010
Alberto Cerri for Italy U21

Hristov acknowledged the risks he has taken on the market but was adamant his new acquisitions will come good:

Reporter: Eder Balanta is a stunning buy but aren't you concerned he may struggle to adapt to life in England and the football in the Premier League? You don't exactly have many experienced center backs left to ease him through.
Dimiter Hristov: Eder was my prime CB target from the start, ever since it became evident Coloccini was going to leave. As a matter of fact I had a chat with Fab that day and he was certain Eder would be a big, big player for Newcastle if we managed to bring him here. Sadly that wasn't enough to convince Colo to stay - or maybe he didn't believe we would be able to pull it off.
Reporter: You spent heavily on defense and yet opted to go for experience over money in your striker hunt. Isn't Landon Donovan on the decline though? Even if he is a good player to have around you must agree he is not the long-term goalscorer solution for Newcastle.
Dimiter Hristov: Landon is a player I deeply respect. We are building a young side here and his experience will be invaluable in aiding us to grow as a team. It is always about getting the right blend between youth and experience, always. I don't expect him to be our new Shearer but he will have to contribute some goals, too. If he gets around ten this season, I'd be more than happy with him. He will be an asset creating space and opportunities for the others as well.
Reporter: Fans will be asking if the signing of Alberto Cerri means Adam Campbell will get less chances or will even be sold now?
Dimiter Hristov: No. I rate both of them and Adam will be staying here. Although once our permanent transfers have been concluded I will see if I can get them a loan deal to a suitable club so that they get some game time.

I think these aren't exactly the transfers Newcastle fans expected as the team still lacks a 20-goal striker but they are hardly bad deals either. If it wasn't for Hristov's peculiar formation I'd even say this squad stands a decent chance of competing for top six position this season.

Eder Alvarez Balanta transfer verdict: 9.5/10 - this signing could backfire big time but it has been a very long time since Newcastle was able to wrestle with Barcelona on the transfer market and bring in a wonderkid.

Landon Donovan transfer verdict: 7.5/10 - good buy but doesn't resolve the genuine long term striker issue at the club; unsure if Gouffran doesn't already offer the same.

Alberto Cerri transfer verdict: 5.5/10 - another one for the future - cheap and low risk.

We also keep tracking the transfer budget Hristov promised would be reinvested straight in the squad. The transfer fees for Eder Alvarez Balanta (5.5m pounds), Landon Donovan (1.1m pounds) and Alberto Cerri (725k pounds) have been deducted from the pot:

Newcastle transfer budget: 11.95m pounds (9.36m initial)

Man, this is getting INTERESTING! You can stop bothing about posting loan deals of other clubs like the spurs one, as there'll be many loan deals, just post about Major transfers happening in the market, that'd speed things up a bit.

I'm only covering the players I listed in the squads when I started the story, mate - a good storyteller can't just ignore any elements he already put in, they have to go somewhere. There are some more transfers I will have to cover though there are only one or two loan deals in that list.

What is it that gets the story that interesting at this point? :)

I'm only covering the players I listed in the squads when I started the story, mate - a good storyteller can't just ignore any elements he already put in, they have to go somewhere. There are some more transfers I will have to cover though there are only one or two loan deals in that list.

What is it that gets the story that interesting at this point? :)
Before this, the suspense of three signings? Now the secret scout, the interviews are a joy to read! And nevermind, forget what I said before.

Usain St. Leo Bolt @usainbolt what a tool @ Marseilles can youiiiilievmmme 1m

What is DM doing?! #nufc buy another player tonight and we sell again?! #mufc

Expand