Blasphemy! Seven clubs lock horns for the title after sir Alex Ferguson's retirement!

• Thread starter Thread starter KevinHann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 373K
View attachment 420552
View attachment 420551

Chelsea wrap up City striker and let winger, goalkeeper leave
-
By Ray Wilkins | Last Updated: August 6, 2014 10:41am

View attachment 420544
Dzeko looking to kick-start career with Chelsea
Edin brings physical presence in the box, says Ray Wilkins.

Chelsea have announced the signing of Manchester City goalscorer Edin Dzeko (28) for a 14.5 million pounds fee. Even though the two clubs are set to rival each other for the Premier League title this transfer seems a win-win scenario for all sides involved. Dzeko has fallen down the pecking order and failure to get to double-digit goals last season was unlikely to aid his cause after the arrival of Ronaldo. Chelsea on the other hand have been lacking a striker of genuine physical presence in the box since Drogba left the club.

View attachment 420543
Hilario had to go before reaching that number

In the meantime Chelsea allowed a pair of players to leave the club. Experienced goalkeeper Hilario (38) makes a move to Leeds for 115k pounds in a bid to try and get some first team football before retiring from the game.

View attachment 420542
Future lies elsewhere for Marko

The other player Chelsea let go is a different case - winger Marko Marin (25) has been snapped up by Atletico Madrid for 10.0 million pounds. Marin was never given a good run of games with the Blues and was sent on loan to Sevilla the previous campaign. Obviously he wasn't a player of Mourinho's liking and simply had to leave in order to further his career.

Edin Dzeko transfer verdict: 7.5/10 - the Bosnian represents a measured risk combined with the tidy little bonus of depriving a rival from squad depth - Mourinho brand of transfer all over.

Hilario transfer verdict: 5.5/10 - it was the right decision for the club and the player as Hilario had zero chance of getting a first team game at Stamford Bridge.

Marko Marin transfer verdict: 5.5/10 - when you won't use a player and don't see a future for him at the club better sell him, preferably abroad and on a profit. Exactly what Chelsea did even though his market value is still a little higher than the fee received.

Usain St. Leo Bolt @usainbolt what a tool @ Marseilles can youiiiilievmmme 1m

Don't tell anyone but a very dear friend of mine is on the verge of completing
massive transfer to #mufc

Expand

Red Devils answer noisy neighbors by smashing record on Welsh wizard

Gary Neville

Published at 9:51PM, August 9 2014

When Manchester City wrapped up Cristiano Ronaldo - a player most of our fans expected to never play for another English club and secretly hoped would one day return to Old Trafford, David Moyes had a gauntlet to answer. I am happy to see the board has backed him on the quest of securing a top star as this was a key part of the title chase. Manchester United utilized the good connections with Real Madrid which were so thoroughly developed over the past two transfer windows and agreed to pay a gigantic 85.0 million pounds fee to bring Gareth Bale (25) back to England.

View attachment 420538
Bale set to rival Ronaldo in EPL

The two superstars are now set to go head to head as rivals in a Premier League gladiator fight while the respective Manchester clubs form a clash of giants. Of course Ronaldo is currently the more accomplished of the pair but Bale is four years younger and has yet to fulfill his complete potential. Whatever the outcome of this duel it has already captivated the imagination of fans and pundits alike and is bound to never let go until the very last round.

View attachment 420531
​Ronaldo vs Bale

Gareth Bale transfer verdict: 20/10 - the media like nothing more than superstars dueling for superiority and David Moyes duly delivered it to them to make sure the Red Devils are once again the focal point of discussions on all levels of the football world.

View attachment 420307
Premier League 2014/15 Preview

It was an emotional summer with football never off the map for long thank to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil - even if the English fans will want to forget that one as we traditionally underperformed again. But forget the sour taste in your mouth and get ready for another thrilling campaign with the Premier League set to return on your TV screens!

View attachment 420306
Who will win it this season?

In a season that promises to be the turning point for a number of clubs we will make sure you, the fans - the lifeblood of this great game - have it covered from every angle possible! It's still early days but let's have a quick walk through all the contenders and hear our team of pundits who will be covering them for you. What are their expert expectations? Will it be a path to glory or perdition?

Inevitably we shall begin with the North West. Gary, Roy, do you hear me?

View attachment 420305
Manchester United

History:
20 times champion, 16 times runner-up
Title odds:
Evens
Pundits:
View attachment 420304View attachment 420303
Gary Nevilleddd Roy Keane

Gary Neville: Yes, Mark! We're here... And good evening to all watching us right now. Let me say a few words about last season first. I think it was a very solid campaign, a successful campaign with David Moyes' first year at the club. There were many who expected the club to suffer after sir Alex retired but we never felt the transition and the club came second in the league plus of course we won the Champions League. Roy?
Roy Keane: There is an air of positivity about the coming season as well. David Moyes managed to turn the disastrous sale of Adnan Januzaj into something good as it funded the arrival of Gareth Bale so the team is now equipped to fight on an even basis both on and off the pitch.

Last edited:
View attachment 420302

It was an emotional summer with football never off the map for long thank to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil - even if the English fans will want to forget that one as we traditionally underperformed again. But forget the sour taste in your mouth and get ready for another thrilling campaign with the Premier League set to return on your TV screens!

View attachment 420301

In a season that promises to be the turning point for a number of clubs we will make sure you, the fans - the lifeblood of this great game - have it covered from every angle possible! It's still early days but let's have a quick walk through all the contenders and hear our team of pundits who will be covering them for you. What are their expert expectations? Will it be a path to glory or perdition?

After we caught up with the mood at Old Trafford, let's take a short trip to the sky-blue half of Manchester for a quick preview of the second major title contender...

View attachment 420300
Manchester City

History: 3 times champion, 4 times runner-up
Title odds:
Evens
Pundits:
View attachment 420299
Lee Dixon

Lee Dixon: Good evening from me, I'm Lee Dixon and I'll be covering Manchester City for you. As you know the Citizens enjoyed a turbulent season last time around with Manuel Pellegrini failing to deliver what was expected of him and ultimately facing the sack. It will be a fresh start at the Etihad with new manager Jurgen Klopp and I can't wait to see the brand of football he implements. Of course City are now joint favourites with the Red Devils to land silverware thanks to the arrival of superstar Cristiano Ronaldo. So fasten your seatbelts, we are set for a season of thrilling duels!

View attachment 420298

View attachment 420297

As we already saw both Manchester clubs brought in a spectacular player to navigate them to glory. But over the past decade we have been used with another club splashing the cash - let's shift our attention to London and see how the Blues prepared to answer the challenge... Ray?

View attachment 420296
Chelsea

History: 4 times champion, 4 times runner-up
Title odds:
5-4
Pundits:
View attachment 420295View attachment 420294
iiiiRay Wilkinsd Tony Cascarino

Ray Wilkins: Good evening from me, Ray Wilkins. I'm here with Tony Cascarino to cover Chelsea for you this season. As you will remember, Jose Mourinho had a steady first season for his second stint in charge at Stamford Bridge but failed to challenge for honours and will be itching to set the record straight.
Tony Cascarino: Of course Jose didn't splash the cash like his main competitors already did, at least not yet. But that doesn't come to say Chelsea didn't buy well! Alexis Sanchez might not have the same reputation or arrive for the same record-breaking fee as Bale or Ronaldo but I don't think he's that much off their class either. I feel Mourinho bought smart and Chelsea will improve in the Premier League. Whether that will warrant a title I don't know considering the competition will be much more fierce this season, but they will be better as a team!

View attachment 420293

View attachment 420292

Now the bookies' powerhouse favourites have been covered we can finally pay attention to the reigning champions - no disrespect, Geordies!

View attachment 420291
Newcastle

History: 5 times champion, 2 times runner-up
Title odds:
6-4
Pundits:

View attachment 420290View attachment 420289
----- Rob Lee --- Kevin Keegan --

Rob Lee: No problem, Mark... I just can't understand how it is the bookies underestimate us after what we did last time around. I think we won every single trophy we could have. Anyway, it will be extremely interesting to see how largely successful manager Dimiter Hristov handles his own achievements now the pressure is on him and his team to defend the honours.
Kevin Keegan: I've got to say the club bought well this summer. Okay, the others might have got Ronaldo, Bale, Sanchez - but we got Luis Suarez and Lamela and those two can hurt any defense in a way no less brutal. We showed we can spend big with the Januzaj deal so I think Newcastle will be a match for the big guns even though this campaign might be much much tighter than the previous.

Last edited:
View attachment 420287

View attachment 420286

You may think none of the clubs outside those already covered will stand a genuine chance of winning the league but let's get back to North London and see if that is the case...

View attachment 420285
Tottenham

History: 2 times champion, 4 times runner-up
Title odds:
3-1
Pundits:
View attachment 420284View attachment 420283
- Terry Venables - David Pleat ---

Terry Venables: Thank you, Mark. You may have a point with the odds being against Spurs and the club's recent fifth-placed finish not exactly doing much to disperse the doubts. We do have a lengthly history of falling short of expectations although now that Villas-Boas has had enough time to shape up the club to his liking it might be a different story.
David Pleat: What never seizes to amaze me is how everyone is focusing on those big players signed in the summer. It all looks well and sounds well on TV, it sells a product, I give you that. But what matters is the team. Are you better and stronger in each and every area, or have you weakened your hand to get that sexy superstar who will perform great at selling shirts? I'll let the other pundits focus on our rivals, as far as Tottenham are concerned, we did well. We finally have a good striker with the arrival of Diego Costa, and while we lost Lamela - we replaced him with Ayew and Mirallas so you should definitely expect to see a stronger and more balanced Spurs side this season!

View attachment 420281

View attachment 420280

We shall finish our title contenders tour with a short walk across London to a club likely to have a paramount season ahead of them - one of success... or change! Alan?

View attachment 420279
Arsenal

History: 13 times champion, 8 times runner-up
Title odds:
5-1
Pundits:
View attachment 420278View attachment 420277
i Alan Smith iiiii Sol Campbell

Alan Smith: Good evening, well, you are right, Mark. It's either deliver or bust for Arsene Wenger after last season, I'm afraid. We underperformed so badly and only Liverpool's monumental collapse spared us the harshest criticism. The board remained patient with Arsene but he simply cannot afford another season outside the top four.
Sol Campbell: Thing is I don't feel it's looking good right now. There was plenty of activity on the transfer market, yes, some real quality players like Isco coming, but there isn't a general sense of strategy. It's like Wenger wants to change something but doesn't have the clear idea what exactly and I hope it's some kind of a mastermind puzzle he's putting together right now while my footballing brain is too blind to see it. But as things stand, I'm pessimistic for the coming season and I even feel Wenger might be gone before the winter.

View attachment 420177

BBC Sport football expert Mark Lawrenson takes a look at the title contenders

6 days and counting down to the start of the new season! Who will challenge for the title? Who will suffer relegation? Stay with us to see Mark Lawrenson's take at the title contenders!

Now let's take a look at Manchester United - aiming to retrieve the league title after losing out to Newcastle last season. Media predictions: 1st place.

Manchester United
View attachment 420169
Manager: David Moyes (since July 2013)
View attachment 420164

Pre-Season:
Training Camp in South Korea

Friendlies:
AS Monaco (H) 1-2
Hernandez
Sheffield United (A) 2-0
Kagawa, Vidic
Daejeon (A) 5-0
Nani, Kagawa, Welbeck, Henriquez
Pohang (A) 2-2
Young, Hernandez
Chunnam (A) 3-2
Welbeck (2), Tunnicliffe
Wolfsburg (A) 3-1
Hernandez (2), Rooney
OGC Nice (H) 1-3
*Ferdinand Testimonial*
Di Maria

Guadalajara (A) 3-2
Di Maria (2), Hernandez

Preferred Formation:
4-2-3-1

Provisional Squad:

Goalkeepers:
View attachment 420143View attachment 420142View attachment 420141
David De Gea / Anders Lindegaard / Ben Amos

Central Defenders:
View attachment 420140View attachment 420139View attachment 420138View attachment 420137View attachment 420136
Jonny Evans / Phil Jones / Chris Smalling / Nemanja Vidic / Rio Ferdinand

Full Backs:
View attachment 420135View attachment 419218View attachment 420134View attachment 420133
Rafael / Kyle Walker / Fabio Coentrao / Fabio

Midfielders:
View attachment 419217View attachment 420132View attachment 420131View attachment 420130View attachment 420129
Marek Hamsik / Marouane Fellaini / Tom Cleverley / Milan Badelj / Michael Carrick

Wingers:
View attachment 420128View attachment 420127View attachment 420126View attachment 420125View attachment 420124View attachment 420123View attachment 420122
Gareth Bale / Shinji Kagawa / Angel Di Maria / Nani / Wilfried Zaha / Ashley Young / Ryan Giggs

Strikers:
View attachment 420121View attachment 420120View attachment 420119View attachment 420118
Wayne Rooney / Rovin van Persie / Javier Hernandez / Danny Welbeck

Captain: Nemanja Vidic

Vice Captain: Rio Ferdinand

Notable Transfers In:

Gareth Bale - Real Madrid, 85m pounds

Marek Hamsik - Napoli, 17.25m pounds

Kyle Walker - Tottenham, 12.5m pounds

Per Paarup - FC Kobenhavn, 240k pounds
View attachment 420117

Notable Transfers Out:

Adnan Januzaj - Newcastle, 47.5m pounds
View attachment 420116

Anderson - Southampton, 7.25m pounds
View attachment 419222

Darren Fletcher - Aston Villa, 1.3m pounds
View attachment 419221

Marnick Vermijl - Blackburn, 950k pounds
View attachment 420115

Davide Petrucci - Nottingham Forest, 425k pounds
View attachment 419220

Last edited:
View attachment 420106

6 days and counting down to the start of the new season! Who will challenge for the title? Who will suffer relegation? Stay with us to see Mark Lawrenson's take at the title contenders!

Now let's take a look at Manchester City - aiming to set the record straight after barely finishing fourth last time around. Media predictions: 2nd place.

Manchester City
View attachment 420107

Manager: Jurgen Klopp (since May 2014)
View attachment 420066

Pre-Season:
Training Camp in England

Friendlies:
Dortmund (H) 1-1
Negredo
Morton (A) 2-0
Negredo, Milner
Leverkusen (H) 1-0
Cole
Blackpool (A) 3-1
Jovetic, Negredo (2)
Feyenoord (H) 2-1
Clichy, Dzeko
Middlesbrough (A) 2-0
Celina, Zabaleta
HSV (H) 1-0

Aguero
Panathinaikos (A) 1-0
Negredo

Preferred Formation:
4-2-3-1

Provisional Squad:

Goalkeepers:
View attachment 420104View attachment 420103View attachment 420102
Joe Hart / Costel Pantilimon / Scott Loach

Central Defenders:
View attachment 420101View attachment 420100View attachment 420099
Vincent Kompany / Adil Rami / Matija Nastasic

Full Backs:
View attachment 419213View attachment 420098View attachment 420097
David Alaba / Pablo Zabaleta / Gael Clichy

Midfielders:
View attachment 419212View attachment 420096View attachment 420095View attachment 420094View attachment 420093
Arturo Vidal / Lucas Leiva / Yaya Toure / Fernandinho / Javi Garcia

Wingers:
View attachment 420092View attachment 420088View attachment 420091View attachment 420090View attachment 420089

Cristiano Ronaldo / David Silva / Pedro / Samir Nasri / Jesus Navas

Strikers:
View attachment 420086View attachment 420085View attachment 420084
Sergio Aguero / Stevan Jovetic / Alvaro Negredo

Captain: Vincent Kompany

Vice Captain: Yaya Toure

Notable Transfers In:

Cristiano Ronaldo - Real Madrid, 100m pounds

Arturo Vidal - Juventus, 41.0m pounds

David Alaba - FC Bayern, 32.5m pounds

Pedro - Barcelona, 26.5m pounds

Adil Rami - Valencia, 12.25m pounds

Scott Loach - Ipswich, 350k pounds

Derek Gorman - West Brom, 3.7m pounds
View attachment 420083

Notable Transfers Out:

Cristian Tello - AS Monaco, 12.5m pounds
View attachment 419215

Edin Dzeko - Chelsea, 12.5m pounds
View attachment 420082

Aleksandar Kolarov - Lazio, 5.25m pounds
View attachment 420081

Agnus Gunn - Everton, 550k pounds
View attachment 420080

Martin Demichelis - Fluminense, 400k pounds
View attachment 420079

Jack Rodwell - Arsenal, free transfer
View attachment 420078

James Milner - free transfer
View attachment 420077

Joleon Lescott - free transfer
View attachment 420076

Scott Sinclair - free transfer
View attachment 420074

Gareth Barry - free transfer
View attachment 420073

Richard Wright - free transfer
View attachment 420071

Last edited:
View attachment 420030

Now let's take a look at Chelsea, who did okay in the previous campaign but will be looking to improve on their third place finish. Media predictions: 3rd place.

Chelsea
View attachment 420028

Manager: Jose Mourinho (since June 2013)
View attachment 420027

Pre-Season:
No training Camp

Friendlies:
Spartak Moscow (A) 1-1
Moses
Bristol City (A) 1-0
Sanchez
Vitesse (A) 2-1
Oscar, Lukaku
OGC Nice (A) 2-0
Lukaku, Mata
Sporting Lisbon 2-2
Lukaku (2)

Preferred Formation:
4-2-3-1

Provisional Squad:

Goalkeepers:
View attachment 420019View attachment 420018View attachment 420016
Thibaut Courtois / Petr Cech / Mark Schwarzer

Central Defenders:
View attachment 420015View attachment 420014
View attachment 419196View attachment 420013View attachment 420012
Daviz Luiz / Hector Moreno / Eliaquim Mangala / Gary Cahill / John Terry

Full Backs:
View attachment 419198View attachment 420011View attachment 420009View attachment 420008
Sergio Ramos / Branislav Ivanovic / Wallace / Ashley Cole

Midfielders:
View attachment 419203View attachment 420007View attachment 420006View attachment 420004View attachment 420003View attachment 420002
Thiago Alcantara / Ramires / John Obi Mikel / Oriol Romeu / Nathaniel Chalobah / Frank Lampard

Wingers:
View attachment 420000View attachment 419999View attachment 419998View attachment 419997View attachment 419996View attachment 419995View attachment 419994
Eden Hazard / Juan Mata / Alexis Sanchez / Oscar / Willian / Kevin De Bruyne / Victor Moses

Strikers:
View attachment 419207View attachment 419993View attachment 419991View attachment 419990View attachment 419989View attachment 419988
Radamel Falcao / Edin Dzeko / Romelu Lukaku / Demba Ba / Fernando Torres / Samuel Eto'o

Captain: John Terry

Vice Captain: Frank Lampard

Notable Transfers In:

Radamel Falcao - AS Monaco, 52.0m pounds

Thiago Alcantara - FC Bayern, 41.5m pounds

Sergio Ramos - Real Madrid, 20.5m pounds

Alexis Sanchez - Barcelona, 18.75m pounds

Hector Moreno - Espanyol, 17.75m pounds

Eliaquim Mangala - FC Porto, 14.5m pounds

Edin Dzeko - Manchester City, 12.5m pounds

Jose Hidalgo - Velez, 4.1m pounds
View attachment 419987

Juan Manuel Mari - Valencia, 3.0m pounds
View attachment 419211

Notable Transfers Out:

Marko Marin - Atletico Madrid, 10.0m pounds
View attachment 419986

Andre Schurrle - Dortmund, 8.0m poudns
View attachment 419985

Hilario - Leeds, 115k pounds
View attachment 419984

Michael Essien - free transfer

View attachment 419983

Last edited:
View attachment 419982

Now let's take a look at the reigning champions Newcastle - who will find it much harder to win the title this season. Media predictions: 4th place.

Newcastle
View attachment 419980

Manager: Dimiter Hristov (since July 2013)
View attachment 419978

Pre-Season:
Training Camp in China

Friendlies:
Brighton (A) 0-2
Olympique Lyonnais (A) 3-2
Gonalons o.g., Anita, Januzaj
Marseilles (A) 2-1
Cisse (2)
Arsenal (A) 0-1
Henan (A) 6-1
Salvio, Cabaye, Zouma, Lamela, Remy (pen), Zhida o.g.
Rehne (A) 6-0
Suarez (2), Varane, Remy (2), Alex Sandro
Liverpool (A) 1-1 (5-4 pens)
Alvarez Balanta
Tottenham (A) 0-3
Barcelona (A) 3-3 (2-4 pens)
Suarez, Lamela, Januzaj
Olympique Lyonnais (A) 1-0
Januzaj

Preferred Formation:
4-1-3-2 Ultra-attacking

Provisional Squad:

Goalkeepers:
View attachment 419974View attachment 419973
Tim Krul / Jak Alnwick

Central Defenders:
View attachment 419972View attachment 419971View attachment 419970View attachment 419969
Raphael Varane / Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa / Eder Alvarez Balanta / Kurt Zouma

Full Backs:
View attachment 419968View attachment 419967View attachment 419966View attachment 419965View attachment 419964
Leighton Baines / Gino Peruzzi / Davide Santon / Alex Sandro / Mathieu Debuchy

Midfielders:
View attachment 419963View attachment 419962View attachment 419961View attachment 419960
Moussa Sissoko / Yohan Cabaye / Cheick Tiote / Vurnon Anita

Wingers:
View attachment 419959View attachment 419958View attachment 419957View attachment 419956View attachment 419955
Hatem Ben Arfa / Adnan Januzaj / Erik Lamela / Eduardo Salvio / Memphis Depay

Strikers:
View attachment 419954View attachment 419953View attachment 419952View attachment 419951
Luis Suarez / Papiss Cisse / Loic Remy / Landon Donovan

Captain: Yohan Cabaye

Vice Captain: Landon Donovan

Notable Transfers In:

Adnan Januzaj - Manchester United, 47.5m pounds

Luis Suarez - Liverpool, 37.0m pounds

Erik Lamela - Tottenham, 29.0m pounds

Raphael Varane - Real Madrid, 16.5m pounds

Markus Grimm - Stuttgart, 1.0m pounds
View attachment 419950

Christos Ntaflas - Olympiakos, 850k pounds
View attachment 419949

Pero Sunara - Hajduk, 400k pounds
View attachment 419948

Sercan Akarsu - Basel, 34.5k pounds
View attachment 419947

Notable Transfers Out:

Yoan Gouffran - Swansea, 11.75m pounds
View attachment 419946

Sylvain Marveaux - Southampton, 8.75m pounds
View attachment 419944

Steven Taylor - Fulham, 8.5m pounds
View attachment 419943

Shane Ferguson - Crystal Palace, 3.5m pounds
View attachment 419942

Mehdi Abeid - Stoke, 2.8m pounds
View attachment 419939

Haris Vuckic - Blackburn, 2.8m pounds
View attachment 419938

Sammy Ameobi - Leicester, 1.6m pounds
View attachment 419937

Romain Amalfitano - Bolton, 1.5m pounds
View attachment 419936

Christos Ntaflas - Crewe on loan, 60k pounds p/m

Massadio Haidara - Brighton on loan, 170k pounds p/m
Pero Sunara - West Brom on loan, 115k pounds p/m
Ryan Taylor - Middlesbrough on loan, 100k pounds p/m
Alberto Cerri - Doncaster on loan, 93k pounds p/m
Adam Campbell - Nottm Forest on loan, 80k pounds p/m
Mario Pugliese - Nottm Forest on loan, 56k pounds p/m
Jeronimo Rulli - Westerlo on loan, feeder club
(listed by same order below)
View attachment 419932View attachment 419188View attachment 419931View attachment 419930View attachment 419926View attachment 419929View attachment 419928

Last edited:
View attachment 419922

Now let's take a look at Tottenham who once again came just short of breaking into the top four last season but will be trying to attack not only that but the title as well should opportunity present itself. Media predictions: 5th place.

Tottenham
View attachment 419915

Manager: Andre Villas-Boas (since July 2012)
View attachment 419913

Pre-Season:
Training Camp in South America

Friendlies:

Morelia (A) 2-1
Griezmann, Sandro
Atletico Nacional (A) 3-1
Ayew, Paulinho, Defoe
Charlton (A) 2-0
Ayew (pen), Soldado
Newcastle (H) 3-0
Mirallas, Paulinho, Defoe
Benfica (H) 1-0
Diego Costa (pen)
Real Madrid (H) 2-1
Defoe, Adebayor (pen)

Preferred Formation:
4-2-3-1

Provisional Squad:

Goalkeepers:
View attachment 419906View attachment 419905View attachment 419904
Hugo Lloris / Gomes / Brad Friedel

Central Defenders:
View attachment 419902View attachment 419901View attachment 419900View attachment 419899
Younes Kaboul / Jan Vertonghen / Vlad Chiriches / Michael Dawson

Full Backs:
View attachment 419175View attachment 419898View attachment 419174View attachment 419897
Stephan Lichtsteiner / Danny Rose / Nathaniel Clyne / Kyle Naughton

Midfielders:
View attachment 419896View attachment 419895View attachment 419894View attachment 419893View attachment 419892View attachment 419891
Sandro / Paulinho / Christian Eriksen / Mousa Dembele / Etienne Capoue / Thomas Carroll

Wingers:
View attachment 419890View attachment 419889View attachment 419887View attachment 419885View attachment 419883
Andre Ayew / Kevin Mirallas / Antoine Griezmann / Aaron Lennon / Andros Townsend

Strikers:
View attachment 419882View attachment 419881View attachment 419880View attachment 419879
Diego Costa / Roberto Soldado / Emmanuel Adebayor / Jermain Defoe

Captain: Michael Dawson

Vice Captain: Younes Kaboul

Notable Transfers In:

Diego Costa - Atletico Madrid, 36.0m pounds

Kevin Mirallas - Everton, 16.75m pounds

Andre Ayew - Marseilles, 16.5m pounds

Stephan Lichtsteiner - Juventus, 8.75m pounds

Nathaniel Clyne - Southampton, 7.5m pounds

Notable Transfers Out:

Erik Lamela - Newcastle, 29.0m pounds
View attachment 419878

Kyle Walker - Manchester United, 12.5m pounds
View attachment 419181

Nacer Chadli - Swansea, 2.6m pounds
View attachment 419180

Jake Livermore - Hull, 2.6m pounds
View attachment 419877

Benoit Assou-Ekotto - Lille, 975k pounds
View attachment 419876

Iago Falque - Stoke, 950k pounds
View attachment 419178

Last edited:
View attachment 419875

Now let's take a look at Arsenal who were largely disappointing in the previous campaign and didn't even make it to the Europa League - maybe the extra time to rest and prepare for the league will help them? Media predictions: 6th place.

Arsenal
View attachment 419874

Manager: Arsene Wenger (since September 1996)
View attachment 419873

Pre-Season:
Training Camp in England

Friendlies:

Admira Wacker (A) 1-0
Arteta
Feyenoord (H) 1-1
Dragovic
Newcastle (H) 1-0
Giroud
FC Porto (H) 1-1
Walcott
Crewe (A) 3-0
Ozil, Walcott, Cuadrado
Lazio (H) 1-2
Podolski
Macclesfield (A) 5-0
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Taarabt, Campbell (2), Aneke
Palermo (A) 1-1
Wilshere

Preferred Formation:
4-2-3-1

Provisional Squad:

Goalkeepers:
View attachment 419863View attachment 419859View attachment 419858
Emiliano Viviano / Wojciech Szczesny / Lukasz Fabianski

Central Defenders:
View attachment 419857View attachment 419856View attachment 419855View attachment 419854
Ezequiel Garay / Thomas Vermaelen / Per Mertesacker / Aleksandar Dragovic

Full Backs:
View attachment 419162View attachment 419163View attachment 419851View attachment 419850View attachment 419849
Filipe / Mathia De Sciglio / Bacary Sagna / Micah Richards / Kieran Gibbs

Midfielders:
View attachment 419848View attachment 419847View attachment 419846View attachment 419845View attachment 419844
Jack Wilshere / Aaron Ramsey / Jack Rodwell / Mikel Arteta / Abou Diaby

Wingers:
View attachment 419843View attachment 419842View attachment 419841View attachment 419840View attachment 419839View attachment 419838
Isco / Mesut Ozil / Santi Cazorla / Juan Cuadrado / Theo Walcott / Adel Taarabt

Strikers:
View attachment 419837View attachment 419836View attachment 419835View attachment 419834
Olivier Giroud / Carlos Vela / Lukas Podolski / Joel Campbell

Captain: Thomas Vermaelen

Vice Captain: Mikel Arteta

Notable Transfers In:

Isco - Real Madrid, 22.0m pounds

Ezequiel Garay - Benfica, 10.75m pounds

Aleksandar Dragovic - Dynamo Kyiv, 10.0m pounds

Juan Cuadrado - Fiorentina/Udinese, 8.25m pounds

Adel Taarabt - Q.P.R., 7.25m pounds

Curro - Sevilla, 6.5m pounds
View attachment 419833

Emiliano Viviano - Palermo, 5.0m pounds

Jack Rodwell - Manchester City, free transfer

Notable Transfers Out:

Laurent Koscielny - AS Monaco, 13.5m pounds
View attachment 419832

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - Liverpool, 8.0m pounds
View attachment 419171

Natxo Monreal - FC Porto, 5.5m pounds
View attachment 419831

Johan Djourou - HSV, 1.9m pounds
View attachment 419830

Mathieu Flamini - Swansea, 1.6m pounds
View attachment 419829

Francis Coquelin - Aston Villa, 1.6m pounds
View attachment 419828

Carl Jenkinson - Blackburn, 1.4m pounds
View attachment 419827

Nicklas Bendtner - Rubin, 1.1m pounds
View attachment 419172

Tomas Rosicky - free transfer
View attachment 419168

Last edited:
View attachment 419811View attachment 419810View attachment 419809

Newcastle - Manchester United
FA Community Shield
Sunday 10 August 2014
15:00

11' Yanga-Mbiwa (Newcastle)
booked
25' Gareth Bale (Man Utd) injured
36' Goal!! 1-0 Papiss Cisse (pen)
45+2' Half Time
51' Goal!! 1-1 Phil Jones
53' Moussa Sissoko (Newcastle) booked
53' Goal!! 1-2 Fabio Coentrao
56' Davide Santon (Newcastle) booked
63' Goal!! 1-3 Javier Hernandez
65' Fabio Coentrao (Man Utd) booked
68' Eder Alvarez Balanta (Newcaste) booked
90+2' Full Time

FINAL SCORE:
Newcastle 1-3 Manchester United

What a thrilling opening of the season!!! It seemed things would go from bad to worse for the Red Devils when they lost superstar Gareth Bale to injury and then conceded a poor penalty in the first half but they returned a different side after the break and blew the Magpies off the game to take sweet revenge for being pipped to the title last season. This means Manchester United retain the trophy and Newcastle will be left wondering what went wrong as they lost a 6th consecutive Community Shield match. Let's take a look at match stats and individual performances:
View attachment 419791View attachment 419788View attachment 419787

View attachment 500545
FA Community Shield 2014/15 - holders Manchester United!

Usain St. Leo Bolt @usainbolt what a tool @ Marseilles can youiiiilievmmme 1m

Better late than never - #mufc about to sign big midfielder just in time for start
of season!

Expand

View attachment 500740
Red Devils finally replace Paul Scholes
View attachment 419705
Last Updated: 14th August 2014

TWO fringe midfielders moved on

I criticized the club for what I believed was exceptionally bad PR immediately after the sale of Adnan Januzaj. But credit must be assigned when it's due and that's just the case today as David Moyes followed up the excellent victory over Newcastle with the announcement that Manchester United have signed flamboyant midfielder Marek Hamsik (27) from Napoli for a 17.25 million pounds fee. The constant reiteration how we never quite replaced Paul Scholes was becoming tiresome and I am glad we can finally put that to bed and move on.

View attachment 419702
Hamsik joins Red Devils

The arrival of Hamsik has another upside - Manchester United were finally able to release some of the deadwood and a deal to sell loyal servant Darren Fletcher (30) was immediately sanctioned. Darren will join Aston Villa, who have agreed to meet the 1.3 million pounds asking price. Fletcher has been very useful utility player for us and I wish him well, but there is simply no place for him in the team now.

View attachment 419698
Fletcher becomes a Villain

Another player Manchester United have moved on is Anderson (26) as Southampton have splashed a 7.25 million pounds fee for his services. Anderson came to Old Trafford with a big reputation but his impressive performances were few and far between and at some point I even forgot he is still in the squad.

View attachment 419697
​Anderson - sinner gone Saint

Marek Hamsik transfer verdict: 9.5/10 - genuine quality of an attacking midfielder is exactly what fans at Old Trafford wanted to see.

Darren Fletcher transfer verdict: 5.5/10 - right time to go while he still can nail a first team place at a good Premier League outfit.

Anderson transfer verdict: 7.5/10 - the Saints are happy to get him but given the fee paid it's easier to guess which the happier set of supporters is on this deal.

Hugh Laurie @hughlaurie what a tool @ Marseilles can -u--------------e 1m

Reports of Arsenal closing in on signing World Cup winning defender!

Expand

Back