Blatter| La Liga best in the world.

hes just trying to wind people up because of the whole world cup situation the guys a ****

la liga has only got two good teams.. the rest are complete ****.. the prem is so much more competitive and has a better quality overall. Blatter is just talking **** as per

The rest are ****? So Sevilla are ****? They have featured in the champions league over the last few season's and won the UEFA Cup two years running. At. Madrid are also in Europe a lot and current Europa League winners.

Valencia? ****? yeah Saldado, Mata, Hernandez,Albelda, Bangera and co are all **** too eh?

Don't judge something you clearly know nothing about.

la liga is class in terms of players, prem pwns in terms of entertainment :D

Really? Most premiership games are dull and defensive, minus a few sides like Blackpool,Arsenal and Spurs.

La Liga and the bundasliga are full of end to end games with goals. La Liga is a far greater league in terms of technique too.

La Liga is boring, u see the same 2 teams winning, I doubt it was that hard for Messi or Xavi to get into the World XI considering that the only strong opposition they face is R.Madrid and at times Valnencia or At.Madrid, and the rest of the teams is **** thats why they are all scoring goals for fun, Premiere League is way more competitive

/facepalm La Liga boring? Have you watched La Liga...or indeed most premiership games?

I doubt your knowledge of the sport if you find La Liga boring. It can't just be that Barcelona have the best squad in a generation and even Real Madrid with Jose Mourinho can lose heavily to them?

The premier league has become very tight and competitive over the last few years because the quality has dropped. Club debt's are starting to take toll and teams are spending less money & playing more youngsters.

But Utd did not absolutely dominate every year , the way Real and Barca have been doing

You had a 'big 4' for a reason. The same four sides getting into the prime Euro positions. Even at that most of the title challenges have involved two teams...maybe three.

My Thoughts

Very typical English arrogance to get annoyed at this. I don’t blame you though. Sky Sports tells you something long enough and you might actually believe it.

I wonder how many of you actually watch La Liga? (Waits for the lies) ‘I watch it every week, it’s ****…ok, why watch it then?

Anyhoo…

Sepp was correct in stating the premier league is the best MARKETED league in the world, with the greatest sponsorships and revenue….thanks Rupert Murdoch.

It just depends what you enjoy at the end of the day. I prefer to watch quality football with crisp passing, amazing technique, fast paced games that are end to end and full of goals and excitement.

For me, Spain and Germany offer this better than any other country…that is available to me anyway.

English football is very boring at the best of times and due to the financial pressure, most sides set out hoping to avoid defeat. Teams like Blackburn, Stoke, Fulham, Birmingham, Man City, Newcastle and Everton are no fun to watch. Big games like Man U vrs Arsenal are always over hyped and often dull, the rare game that IS enjoyable gets over hyped for months/years later. Newcastle Liverpool games for example.

The premiership was at it’s best then and it’s most entertaining. Players like Emerson, Juninho and Ravenelli at Boro…Newcastle had Asprilla and Ginola, Southampton had Le Tissier (sp) Arsenal had Bergkamp, Man United with the likes of Cantona, Chelsea had Zola, Gullet (sp) Vialli,,Poyet and I could go on and on. Games were entertaining, end to end, full of flair and very exciting to watch.

Like I said above, the only teams I enjoy watching at the moment are Blackpool, Spurs and Arsenal.

It’s hard to put a definition to what can be classed the ‘best’ though. You can argue that England has a wide range of foreign talent who all featured at the world cup…then again what English talent is out there? Jack Wilshere and Joe Hart are about as good as it get’s

You can’t take it away from Spain, they have a vast amount of players that could walk into most national sides. Players like Pepe Reina and Victor Valdes are amazing keepers, yet they warm the bench for Spain. That’s another thing that makes Spain great, the amount of home grown talent that play there.

Has anything happen in the past between fifa and england apart from the world cup bid because sepp blatter doesnt like us and my grandad always said Michel Platini has it in for us

Agree with a lot of what you say Kris, though i think this season the midtable teams are a bit more attacking and entertaining than in previous few years.

In my opinion the best league to watch is the Bundesliga, and I question anyone who thinks La liga is boring

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Agree with a lot of what you say Kris, though i think this season the midtable teams are a bit more attacking and entertaining than in previous few years.

In my opinion the best league to watch is the Bundesliga, and I question anyone who thinks La liga is boring

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

The gap is bridging, it makes things a lot more interesting and enjoyable to see things change and freshen up a bit. The rest of the league has always been fairly tight in England, it’s only because for the first time in what 5-6 years? We are seeing other sides break this ‘top 4’ that was making things a bit boring and stale.

Why is the gap closing though? Are the smaller sides getting better or are the bigger sides declining in quality? Where as in Spain, Barcelona are signing 1-2 players that seem to make the unstoppable, even more so.

Regardless of the top teams and winners, the quality of the league can be defined by looking down the league. Who would you rather watch, Wolves Vs West Ham or Zaragoza Vs Almeria? Id take the latter match any day.

I'd say, for once, Blatter is correct.

I agree with him, judging by quality of the players.

The gap is bridging, it makes things a lot more interesting and enjoyable to see things change and freshen up a bit. The rest of the league has always been fairly tight in England, it’s only because for the first time in what 5-6 years? We are seeing other sides break this ‘top 4’ that was making things a bit boring and stale.

Why is the gap closing though? Are the smaller sides getting better or are the bigger sides declining in quality? Where as in Spain, Barcelona are signing 1-2 players that seem to make the unstoppable, even more so.
I think its a bit of both. Financially the chasing sides are able to bring in the kind of players to compete with the bigger sides, and potentially catch them. The same cannot be said of La Liga. If our tv deals were as unbalanced as theirs, then the likes of united would really be uncatchable

Barca and Real are better than the best of the EPL, but the EPL is on average better. Valencia, Sevilla and Villareal aren't as good any more.

Blatter is trollin'

Id say no players made World XI because of the quality in the PL. Nile Ranger could play the 16 **** teams in La Liga and come out looking amazing but stick him in the prem and he's god awful.

Discussion about the best league in the world is always subjective, and all down to one persons opinion in comparison to another. Personally, I have three different views on the top European leagues. Personally, this is how I would rate them.

League with my favourite players:
1. Serie A
2. Prem
3. BBVA
4. Bundesliga

League with most attractive teams. (As in amount of teams I actually like, for what ever reason)
1. Serie A
2. Bundesliga
3. Prem
4. BBVA

League that plays the best football.
1. BBVA
2. Prem
3. Bundesliga
4. Serie A

That's how I would do it, personally, but other people would have other views, and like other teams, but I suppose I grew up going to Italy on holiday every year and catching a few of Milan, Inter, Juve and Roma games, as well as obviously being able to watch the Serie A football show when it was on C4 or what ever it was on back then. My dad always used to buy me Italian football shirts as well :wub:.

La Liga is boring, u see the same 2 teams winning, I doubt it was that hard for Messi or Xavi to get into the World XI considering that the only strong opposition they face is R.Madrid and at times Valnencia or At.Madrid, and the rest of the teams is **** thats why they are all scoring goals for fun, Premiere League is way more competitive

The La Liga is boring XD Yes they may have some weaker teams but what league doesn't. So what if the La Liga has only two teams winning the league, what about the premier league. The premier league has been dominated by Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal since the premier league started and since 2004 Chelsea have joined in on the domination. Going to your point about scoring goals for fun, when on form Man Utd and Chelsea can both score goals for fun and this was shown by Chelsea at the end of last season and start of this one.

How many of you actually watch the La Liga? It's more than just 2 teams btw.

Depends on what you mean by "best" league.

If you mean by having better teams that do better in international competitions, then well mr. Sepp, you're utterly wrong.

Barca are without a doubt the best team in the world in normal conditions, but one team doesn't represent the whole league.

What have Real Madrid done in the past 5 years in the Champions League? Ah yes, suck so much that they now are seeded second in the group stage draw.

Valencia and Sevilla are very modest teams right now. Sevilla got knocked out by a suprisingly decent portuguese team, but one they should have beaten with their eyes closed. Last season they reached 4th place, and yet they were closer to the relegation zone then 2nd place!!(27 and 33 points respectively).

I hate Blatter but he is right, La Liga is better than Premier league in many aspects, specially when it comes to domestic players, english teams are succesful because they have more money and some of the bigger and better foreigners, if we compare the international players in one league and in the other we can see the huge difference, IMO, a league that doesn't have a majority of domestic players doesn't have much of a future, in the point of view of that country's national team, I mean, who is currently the best english player? I rememeber 3 names, Rooney, Lampard and Gerrard.

The Premiership is the most well marketed league in the world. And here, timings matter a lot. The average Prem game is at 8Pm, 9:30 Pm or 11:55 Pm.
The La Liga games are at 2:30 Am or 3:30 Am.
The Bundesliga is much the same as the La Liga in terms of time.

Agreed, majority of us here in Australi prefer to stay up till 12 to 2am to watch EPL then say wake up around 4-6am to watch La Liga

I hate Blatter but he is right, La Liga is better than Premier league in many aspects, specially when it comes to domestic players, english teams are succesful because they have more money and some of the bigger and better foreigners, if we compare the international players in one league and in the other we can see the huge difference, IMO, a league that doesn't have a majority of domestic players doesn't have much of a future, in the point of view of that country's national team, I mean, who is currently the best english player? I rememeber 3 names, Rooney, Lampard and Gerrard.

But that's hardly the league's fault, just an (unsurprising) lack of quality english players. If there were a lack of spanish players, there's little doubt Barca and Real would make efforts and spend euros to buy foreign players(well, Madrid already does..)

National teams are every year loosing more importance. This year's world cup was *****, aside from the delight of watching France, Italy and England get trashed. The Champions league gets better every season and club football means more. Messi won the Ballo DO'r without having a good world cup, something unprecedented.

I think its a bit of both. Financially the chasing sides are able to bring in the kind of players to compete with the bigger sides, and potentially catch them. The same cannot be said of La Liga. If our tv deals were as unbalanced as theirs, then the likes of united would really be uncatchable

I agree. It’s one thing England have that others should really follow. Scotland is just as bad. The old firm get most of the TV money because they are the sides people want to watch week in/week out. Nobody is going to be that interested in watching Kilmarnock Vrs Motherwell. It might be a decent game but it’s not attractive to the tv audience.

Then you have the economic factors, Barca and Real are massive parts of the Spanish economy, taking funds away from them might open a can of worms.

If I remember correctly, until two or three years ago, Serie A and Serie B were part of the same TV agreement...which was great for the Serie B teams, but reduced the profit of the Serie A teams, so they got rid of it.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Discussion about the best league in the world is always subjective, and all down to one persons opinion in comparison to another. Personally, I have three different views on the top European leagues. Personally, this is how I would rate them.

League with my favourite players:
1. Serie A
2. Prem
3. BBVA
4. Bundesliga

League with most attractive teams. (As in amount of teams I actually like, for what ever reason)
1. Serie A
2. Bundesliga
3. Prem
4. BBVA

League that plays the best football.
1. BBVA
2. Prem
3. Bundesliga
4. Serie A

That's how I would do it, personally, but other people would have other views, and like other teams, but I suppose I grew up going to Italy on holiday every year and catching a few of Milan, Inter, Juve and Roma games, as well as obviously being able to watch the Serie A football show when it was on C4 or what ever it was on back then. My dad always used to buy me Italian football shirts as well :wub:.

Interesting opinions, though I'm surprised you find Serie A to be the most attractive...I always found it too organized and defensive. I definitely think Latin American football is the most attractive, especially the Argentine league, although its quality has gotten a lot worse over the past couple seasons.