Blatter| La Liga best in the world.

I Don't watch La Liga games unless they are really big games.. However to say its **** is rather stupid and is someone who doesn't leave theyre own city/HOME. I dont watch it because i'm not interested in many of the teams that play init.

However the thing here is how many of us actually Like or even Care about what Mr Blatter has to say ? personally I don't see why were having a debate as anything this guy says I don't read. Because he is a complete and utter tool :) no one will ever agree to which is the best because we all have our opinions.

So what I say is Bolloks to you all SPL beats everything ! 2 horse race every season and I love it :D And Blatter can kiss my ****.

Blatters just on the wind up here, he loves sticking the knife in and has always been biased against the english - he never has a good word to say about us. Platini is similar and to be fair fifa is a big load of bs, 2 bigots with too much power who change the game as they see fit and if you don't like it well trot on son.

I enjoy watching la liga when the big two are involved but beyond that some of the teams are terrible defensively, i mean they literally don't have a clue how to defend which some will argue makes the league more exciting. Barca and Real are both great teams, Barca especially are something very special which doesn't happen very often only the Milan of the 90s and some others could be compared.

However the gulf in the teams after the big two is massive especially recently ( theres a good article on guardian football) i mean atletico mad beat fulham yes fulham after extra time in the europa league (don't get me started on that useless competition - hardly anyone takes it seriously its worth little money and tires a teams squad because of the number of games played)

Blatter is talking about the current state of football and on his own terms as usual, sure la liga has more big names homegrown talent but look at the stats of how many world cup players are playing their football in the premiership - facts don't lie players don't get picked for any other reason than their quality for world cups. Maybe la liga can learn something from the prem, sort out their tv deals (barca and real get so much its a joke), elevate the overall competitiveness of the league and stop the two horse race - they might as well have a league for real and barca and a league for the also rans. Real broke the record for overall points attained in a season but they still didn't win the league because barca did too and got more, theres your competitive league.

People look at the winners when we talk about competitiveness that doesn't really show the truth, the fact that in the premiership little teams can beat big teams more often theres more shocks and upsets just goes to show while as previously stated in la liga barca and real win nearly every game home or away, please. Oh and if you want to argue that theres more upsets because its a poorer overall quality have a look over the last 5 years of how many teams have reached the CL quarterfinals and beyond.

Personally I watch serie a for my beloved Roma, La liga because the current Barca team can't be missed and im a huge Messi fan, and I watch the premiership because im english its exciting, theres upsets thrills, comebacks and more and more big teams all competing.
When i watch premiership football you can argue that when two teams meet either of them could win, when you watch la liga you've got a good idea whos going to win and that rarely changes.

la liga has only got two good teams.. the rest are complete ****.. the prem is so much more competitive and has a better quality overall. Blatter is just talking **** as per

If I remember correctly, until two or three years ago, Serie A and Serie B were part of the same TV agreement...which was great for the Serie B teams, but reduced the profit of the Serie A teams, so they got rid of it.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Interesting opinions, though I'm surprised you find Serie A to be the most attractive...I always found it too organized and defensive. I definitely think Latin American football is the most attractive, especially the Argentine league, although its quality has gotten a lot worse over the past couple seasons.

He's not saying the style or play though if you read it mate he's saying in his opinion because of the teams he likes in that league. which he obvioulsy likes more teams in Seria A than in any other league ;) EG he likes 7 seria A teams and only 6 La Liga teams.. etc

I don't care which League is better because I only really watch Fulham and motd which is all premier league. Seeing as I am subjected to mostly Premier League football, the Premier League is what I watch and it's entertaining enough for me. When I've watched La Liga, its usually very good though but until 60-70% of the TV money stops going to Real Madrid and Barcelona, I cannot see the current pattern of that League changing. At the end of the day, England, Spain, Germany, Italy and France all have top quality League's and most people within those countries will support teams within there own nations. It suppose it is up to those in the Countries where quality of football is poorer where you could argue that the best League is decided because they support teams from the 'big' European League's and it's my belief that the Premier League has more fans globally than any other league. Whether this means it is off better quality or just advertised better, I do not know.

What the same la liga that if they had a choice would make the league into a 2 teamed league?? The TV money is so biased it is unreal, Barc and Madrid get so much of the TV revinue i heard somewhere that Wigan get 6 times as more than Villarreal and Valencia?? I watch all types of football, Brazilan, Japanease and even african. But i never watch La Liga especially if Barca or Madrid are involved, every week i listen to the football weekly podcast and they speak to a jounelist in Spain Sid Lowe. And every week its the same Barca won beating ....... and then Madrid closed the gap again and won beating ....... and nothing more is said.

Fifa and Uefa hate English football and maybe its our fault, yes we did invent the game but we do always like to bring that fact up almost rubbing it in peoples faces at times. Also our media is the only media that slam Fifa and Uefa at any chance, im not saying they shouldnt but we should expect Fifa and Uefa to be against us as a nation because of this.

In my eyes the Premier League is the most exciting league in the world and this is reflected by the viewings it has around the world week in week out. Yes the Premier League has lost some of its best players to La Liga i.e Ronaldo, Henry etc but they are foreign players who more than likely grew up knowing the success of both teams so it will mean more to them playing for these teams. For me its no competition Barclays Premier League>>>>>>>>>>La Liga.

Basically La Liga have 2 qaultiy sides that make the division the rest are decent/good/average teams... man utd chelsea arsenal tottenham man city and liverpool are all better clubs than the clubs after the top 2 in la liga

old liverpool that is new one aint as good as ****** levante :p

He is hardly gonna say that the English are better is he

Interesting opinions, though I'm surprised you find Serie A to be the most attractive...I always found it too organized and defensive. I definitely think Latin American football is the most attractive, especially the Argentine league, although its quality has gotten a lot worse over the past couple seasons.

I just have so many teams I like in Serie A, in comparison to the other leagues. Like in the EPL, I only really like Newcastle, as obviously I support them, so don't really like anyone else, apart from Arsenal, but then again, I wouldn't say I support them, I just like to see them do well out of the current top 4. Where as in Serie A, I have seen most of the teams play, I love Firoentina, mainly because that was the best atmosphere I had ever been to when I was about 10. Also, the San Siro was amazing when I went there the few times I got to go. All in all, I like alot more teams over there, like Napoli, Juve, Inter, Milan, Roma, Como, Empoli, Lazio, mainly because I have seen them play a few times and the players in their team, again, I don't support them, but like seeing them all do well in Europe, and it normally means I am never too annoyed by who wins the league ;). The only team I like in Spain is Real Madrid, but then again, I don't support them, and I am not really that fussed about them in Europe, but would always choose them over Barca to win the league.

Everybody's entitled to their opinion, and Blatter clearly believes that La Liga is the best League. I disagree with him, but each to their own. The question is - why is this news worthy?

la liga has only got two good teams.. the rest are complete ****..
Saying the rest are **** is too much rude. But your point is right; huge difference between the two giants and the rest.

For me, the best league is the EPL. And even Bundesliga could be considered to be ahead of Spanish lueague.

And I'm spanish, but that's it.

Everybody's entitled to their opinion, and Blatter clearly believes that La Liga is the best League. I disagree with him, but each to their own. The question is - why is this news worthy?
Because us English have many a reason to dislike the man, and comments like this just stoke the flames.

As I said back when the last El Classico happened, La Liga is overrated (though the El Classico isn't). So what if United win the Prem again this year, thus continuing the Chelsea/United dominance? It's the entire league that matters, and this year the Prem has been closer and more exciting than it has been since its conception. La Liga has once again been a battle between the same two teams who spent lavishly over the summer.

I agree. It’s one thing England have that others should really follow. Scotland is just as bad. The old firm get most of the TV money because they are the sides people want to watch week in/week out. Nobody is going to be that interested in watching Kilmarnock Vrs Motherwell. It might be a decent game but it’s not attractive to the tv audience.

Then you have the economic factors, Barca and Real are massive parts of the Spanish economy, taking funds away from them might open a can of worms.
Aye because of the effect and standing the have in the country/economy, both clubs are effectively bankrolled by local governments, and banking institutions

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Not really, as an article its poor, but its interesting to hear other users views on it.

Aye because of the effect and standing the have in the country/economy, both clubs are effectively bankrolled by local governments, and banking institutions

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Not really, as an article its poor, but its interesting to hear other users views on it.

Exactly. You wonder how Barca managed to accumulate such massive debts when 75% of their squad is home grown?

and yes...always good to hear others take on things. Sadly most on here can't open their eyes to anything and are so stubborn and set on their views.

Exactly. You wonder how Barca managed to accumulate such massive debts when 75% of their squad is home grown?

and yes...always good to hear others take on things. Sadly most on here can't open their eyes to anything and are so stubborn and set on their views.
When Barca do spend, they spend pretty big, knowing that they will always be bailed out

I've spent plenty of time looking at the Financial Fairplay rules in terms of the english clubs, havent yet though about it in terms of the Spanish teams, but from what i can remember, this could really hurt them, especially Real Madrid.

I don't watch much foreign football so i'm of course going to prefer the Premier League but when I have watched La Liga I haven't enjoyed it, it's not just the football that I dislike, it's the quality of presentation on tv and it's also that I know the way the majority of EPL teams are going to play, so I could guess that if Blues played Wigan it's not going to be high scoring because they both lack clinical strikers and aren't the best going forward. I don't know the same things about La Liga which makes it less enjoyable for me, Serie A is probably the worst football i've watched, it's quite boring to watch and the quality of the cameras actually makes me think i'm watching games from the 80's. I've never watched a Bundesliga match so I can't comment on that, but maybe that's a reason for it to be lesser, because it's marketed so much less than elsewhere.

I think overall though that each league has it's own strengths and weaknesses, I do wish that free spending clubs like Barca, Madrid, Man City etc would just fall on their faces and I can't wait for the financial fair play rules to come in but that will put smaller La Liga clubs who get less tv revenue at a huge disadvantage, they're turnover must be quite poor considering how much money is in tv revenue.

But every man to his own and all that, there's loads of people much more knowledgeable on the whole subject than me on here, it's just my opinion.

Tin hat on, I think the Bundesliga is the best league (A) Great crowds, end to end football, and a bunch of quality players. In all honesty, I think the La Liga is better than the Premier League, but I think they're all watchable, and they're all class leagues :)

La Liga is the best league in the world, it has the best players, arguably the best team, and despite what others say there are teams outside R.Madrid and Barca that are good, At. Madrid, Valencia and Villareal are all strong teams with Athletico being europa league holders, despite being out of the competition.

Then you have the style of football, teams are criticised for physical game's and therefore so shud league's the whole "english league's are more physical" backfires here as it proves, other than arguably a few teams what team's in England get the ball down and play it about, without trying to knock there opponents of the ball constantly. Meanwhile in Spain players are largely based of pure talent and not how rough and strong they are. This simply makes La Liga #1 PL fans shud get over and get behind their team's to try and reclaim that spot instead of moaning about how there league is sooo much better.

This simply makes La Liga #1 PL fans shud get over and get behind their team's to try and reclaim that spot instead of moaning about how there league is sooo much better.
What does getting behind teams have to do with it? The Prem is currently more entertaining for a neutral than La Liga is.