Blue Square North/South to Champions League

Team: Nuneaton
Season: 2020/21
League: npower Championship
Final Position: 9th
Cups: FA Cup (4th Rnd), League Cup (3rd Rnd)
Average Attendance: 4322
Biggest Win: 5-0 verses Peterborough
Biggest Defeat: 1-5 verses Leeds
Top Goalscorer: Vlastimil Kostal 19
Most Assists: Evan Le Bail 14
Highest Average Rating: Vlastimil Kostal 7.29 (31 apps)
Fans Player of the Year: Evan Le Bail

I also finally got my new stadium the first time I have got one on any FM game.

Team: Nuneaton
Season: 2021/22

League: npower Championship
Final Position: 8th
Cups: FA Cup (5th Rnd), League Cup (2nd Rnd)
Average Attendance: 10980
Biggest Win: 7-1 verses Southampton
Biggest Defeat: 1-4 verses Sheff Wed
Top Goalscorer: Nelson Garcia 21
Most Assists: Evan Le Bail 34
Highest Average Rating: Evan Le Bail 7.47 (49 apps)
Fans Player of the Year: Evan Le Bail

hello all,

new here but have been playing with gloucester city for a while now. Do you mind if i take up that team? I'll go back, gather screenshots and post them year by year to tell the tale as best as i can, including memories of key stories etc. Currently in 2021/22.

Thanks

thats fine mate

team: nuneaton
season: 2022/23
league: npower championship
final position: 11th
cups: fa cup (6th rnd), league cup (2nd rnd)
average attendance: 10332
biggest win: 5-1 verses peterborough
biggest defeat: 0-4 verses coventry
top goalscorer: warren kelly 26
most assists: evan le bail 20
highest average rating: warren kelly 7.39 (46 apps)
fans player of the year: warren kelly

mike

Thanks Will. I've just deleted that post as I didn't put the screen shots on. Will get screens and post from my first season with Gloucester City.

Cheers all.

Mike

Hiya- im new to this forum thing- reckon I'll take up the challenge!
I'm gunna be Weston Super Mare- probably the worst English team available
and see where I go- best of luck to everyone- even though it started in January lol.
Cheers

Gloucester City 2010/11

Here's a history of my Gloucester City team. I've been with them since the start and am currently in season 2022/23. If you don't wish to know where I am currently avoid the screenshots with the yellow headers because they are the transfer and Best Eleven screens (both contain my current league position).

Team: Gloucester City
Season: 2010/11
League: Blue Square Bet North
Final Position: 9th
Cups: FA Cup (4th Qualifying Rnd), FA Trophy (2nd Rnd)
Average Attendance: 230
Biggest Win: 6-1 at Hyde
Biggest Defeat: 1-4 at AFC Telford (A)
Top Goalscorer: Mitchell Bryant 23
Most Assists: Andrew Spencer 15
Highest Average Rating: Mitchell Bryant 7.26 (41 apps)
Fans Player of the Year: Mitchell Bryant

View attachment 182026View attachment 182024View attachment 182025

Notes: I chose Gloucester City after looking through the club valuations in the BSQ North. Gloucester were either the lowest in there or second lowest. It was a good season having been predicted to be involved in a relegation fight. My star kid (Josh Harford) was sold (to Crewe for £6k) without me being able to play him in a match (he's gone on to play for Roma and England). Tactically I started with a downloaded tactic based on the Barcelona game which I changed to a 4-3-1-2 after shipping too many goals. This tactic forms the backbone of my current game although I have modified it to fit with my various players. My discipline in the tackle was horrendous this year as I failed to grasp the importance of tackling hard and not at the right time. Club captain Matt Coupe received 20 yellow cards and 5 red.

Key Transfers: With no money in the budget it was all free transfers. Josh Swann (GK) and Callum Henry (DC – loan from Forest) were significantly better than what I had. Danny Carlton came in on a free but had little chance to impact this year. Carlton would prove to be an excellent signing though for Gloucester City.

New to the site, so Hi to All.
Looks an interesting challenge. Will be starting with Alfreton Town.

View attachment 182492View attachment 182493
pencil.png

Dont think I read the initial post well enough, only one member to a team is it? :O
Have smashed out a season with Alfreton Town anyway, if its only one to a team then I guess I'll reluctantly withdraw, however season one was as follows:

Team: Alfreton Town
Season: 2010/11
League: Blue Square Bet North
Final Position: 1st
Cups: FA Cup (1st Rnd), FA Trophy (3rd Qualifying Rnd)
Average Attendance: 339
Biggest Win: 5-0 against Redditch
Biggest Defeat: 0-2 at Hinckley
Top Goalscorer: Phil Younghusband 13
Most Assists: Chris Hall 9
Highest Average Rating: Phil Younghusband 7.3 (26 apps)
Fans Player of the Year: Leon Crooks

View attachment 182496View attachment 182497View attachment 182498
pencil.png

YNWA do stafford start with or get a 10 point deduction because they should of finished on 40 and not 30

YNWA do stafford start with or get a 10 point deduction because they should of finished on 40 and not 30

They certainly did mate. It shows in red on the bottom of the screenshot.

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]Team: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]AFC[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Telford[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Season: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]2010/11[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]League: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Blue Square Bet North[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Final Position: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1st[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cups: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]FA Cup (1st Rnd), FA Trophy (3rd Qualifying Rnd)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Average Attendance: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1941[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Biggest Win: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]5-1 at Nuneaton[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Biggest Defeat: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]4-0 against Carlisle (FA cup)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top Goalscorer: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Michael Uwezu 23 (3 in cups)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Most Assists: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Phil Younghusband 11[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Highest Average Rating: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Michael Uwezu[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 7.27 (42 games)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fans Player of the Year: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Michael Uwezu[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
View attachment 182617View attachment 182618

[FONT=&quot]Team: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]AFC[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Telford[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Season: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]2011/12[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]League: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Blue Square Premier[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Final Position: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]4th (Promoted through playoffs)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cups: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]FA Cup (2nd Rnd), FA Trophy (Semi Final)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Average Attendance: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]2457[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Biggest Win: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]3-0 against Forest Green[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Biggest Defeat: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]0-3 against Millwall (FA Cup)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top Goalscorer: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Omar Koroma 10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Most Assists: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Phil Younghusband 12[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Highest Average Rating: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]John Flanagan 7.04 (37 games)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fans Player of the Year: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Phil Younghusband[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
View attachment 182829View attachment 182830

I'll take my home town St Albans (when I was in the UK)

Last edited:
Havant & Waterlooville

Hi guys,

I've got a game on the go with all the stipulations you's have put (Sunday Leaguer etc) however I started unemployed, got given Havant & W in last November and in 2 seasons have guided them to League 2 undefeated in the leagues since I took over (mostly by shutting up shop and forcing draws, and playing counter against bigger teams to capitalise on complacency). Also got the FA Trophy twice but at the expense of getting nowhere at all in the FA Cup. Thank god for the wembley game for the FA trophy final, needed it to pay off how dangerously I lived with the club and it has paid off massively. My strategy is golden against big teams and useless against small teams.

What screenshots do you want to prove this as I've found out about this competition after I've started the game? I'd like to join in if possible lol.

Here's a history of my Gloucester City team. I've been with them since the start and am currently in season 2022/23. If you don't wish to know where I am currently avoid the screenshots with the yellow headers because they are the transfer and Best Eleven screens (both contain my current league position).

Team:
Gloucester City
Season:
2011/12
League:
Blue Square Bet North
Final Position:
3rd
Cups:
FA Cup (1st Rnd), FA Trophy (3rd Rnd)
Average Attendance:
Biggest Win:
5-1 v Thurrock (FA Cup)
Biggest Defeat:
0-4 v Histon
Top Goalscorer:
Danny Carlton 32
Most Assists:
ibrahim Farah 14
Highest Average Rating:
Sulaiman Bangura 7.15 (34 apps)
Fans Player of the Year:
Danny Carlton
View attachment 190799View attachment 190800View attachment 190801

Notes: A much improved year resulted in a play off final appearance where Gloucester lost 1-0 to in-form Kidderminster. It was a disappointing end to a season where I thought I might get promoted. My form dipped towards the end of the season. Gloucester reached the first round of the FA Cup but were manhandled by Tranmere, losing 3-0 at home (one of that round's live TV games). Late season free signing from last year, Danny Carlton, was sensational with his speed and quality finishing with a still club record of 32 goals. Gloucester also set a record for seven consecutive games without conceding that still stands in 2022/23.

Key Transfers: Several free transfers of rejected plays for upper division clubs would prove to be successful for me. Bangura (DC) came from Fulham and his athletic play was excellent in covering for the other less mobile DC I had. Nowakowski (DM) racked up the tackles in the middle of the park, Loris Karius (GK) came in to compete and eventully replace Josh Swann whilst James Knowles (MC) would prove to be a key squad player over the next few years. . Jason Bristow came in as Asst Mgr to replace club legend Adie Harris and made a big difference.

Hi guys,

I've got a game on the go with all the stipulations you's have put (Sunday Leaguer etc) however I started unemployed, got given Havant & W in last November and in 2 seasons have guided them to League 2 undefeated in the leagues since I took over (mostly by shutting up shop and forcing draws, and playing counter against bigger teams to capitalise on complacency). Also got the FA Trophy twice but at the expense of getting nowhere at all in the FA Cup. Thank god for the wembley game for the FA trophy final, needed it to pay off how dangerously I lived with the club and it has paid off massively. My strategy is golden against big teams and useless against small teams.

What screenshots do you want to prove this as I've found out about this competition after I've started the game? I'd like to join in if possible lol.

Details are on the front page sir :)